Options

overnight bombing raid aimed at civilians

13»

Comments

• Options
    binauralsoundsbinauralsounds Posts: 1,357
    This board piss me off more and more.

They bomb the building where Hezbollah were hiding, they just used a blast powerfull enough to blow the whole neighbourhood, fucking criminals. "It was a huge mistake" Oh, sorry, i just killed you, it was a mistake, fuckers...

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    thankyougrandmathankyougrandma Posts: 1,182
    :rolleyes:

so how do you defend that one? Hezbollah fault again i guess, Israel are all white and clean, even if it's an Israel bombs who killed those peoples, or an American bomb if you like it better this way, for the patriot in you...
    "L'homme est né libre, et partout il est dans les fers"
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    so how do you defend that one? Hezbollah fault again i guess, Israel are all white and clean, even if it's an Israel bombs who killed those peoples, or an American bomb if you like it better this way, for the patriot in you...

ok... Israel drops leaflets for all civilians to get out way before they bomb the area/building. "Giving them a heads up" (as opposed to the wonderful hezbollah) that shit was gonna go down! NOW... Hezbollah sees this, KEEPS these people as human shields for they KNOW it is a huge PR win for them. BOOM, it happens, horribly "innocents" die because hezbollah forced them to stay and wallah... they (hezbollah) has gained more respect from ppl like you because their mission in making Israel look like murderers has been completed.

I know it's EXTREMELY difficult for pacifists to grasp this, but terrorist use innocents to portray the other side as evil and it works alot of times!
  • Options
    ok... Israel drops leaflets for all civilians to get out way before they bomb the area/building. "Giving them a heads up" (as opposed to the wonderful hezbollah) that shit was gonna go down! NOW... Hezbollah sees this, KEEPS these people as human shields for they KNOW it is a huge PR win for them. BOOM, it happens, horribly "innocents" die because hezbollah forced them to stay and wallah... they (hezbollah) has gained more respect from ppl like you because their mission in making Israel look like murderers has been completed.

pathetic, are you stupid or what? If they have no idea about an apartment block being occupied by civilians, just don't bomb the area, send your brave soldiers, btw i'Ve stop reading your post after the "they drop leaflets".

Bravo, sorry it was a mistake, we've just killed you.
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    pathetic, are you stupid or what? If they have no idea about an apartment block being occupied by civilians, just don't bomb the area, send your brave soldiers, btw i'Ve stop reading your post after the "they drop leaflets".

Bravo, sorry it was a mistake, we've just killed you.

I'm not going to debate you anymore. your'e name calling and hatred is evident! You're view is sadly distorted.

good day
  • Options
    I'm not going to debate you anymore. your'e name calling and hatred is evident! You're view is sadly distorted.

good day

oh no, it's not hatred, it's fucking anger, when i hear 37 childrens have been killed by a TARGETED missiles, yes, it piss me off, and there's no VIEW to be distorted...
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    "when i hear 37 childrens have been killed by a TARGETED missiles, yes, it piss me off"

it SHOULD piss you off, and it should make you angry. however, your anger should be directed at terrorists that use those children as human shields..but you are not intellectually honest enough to do that.
  • Options
    PaperPlatesPaperPlates Posts: 1,745
    "when i hear 37 childrens have been killed by a TARGETED missiles, yes, it piss me off"

it SHOULD piss you off, and it should make you angry. however, your anger should be directed at terrorists that use those children as human shields..but you are not intellectually honest enough to do that.

He said good day!
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Options
    Okay, I haven't read all of the posts, got to about page 3 and I couldn't believe what I was reading.
    I do not know what the American coverage of this whole thing has been like, but at least the British coverage has started to show it from both sides. Last night, while watching the news, I saw dead children being recovered from a basement where they had hidden during the airstrike. Dead Children!!! I couldn't believe they were showing it, but I am thankful they have as the events that have happened over the last 48 hours have sickened and disgusted the majority of the British public.
    We do not support Israeli governments actions, just to make this clear, we want a ceasefire. Hezbollah for the record, are a political group, so maybe we should stop calling them terrorists. Do you people really think 2 soldiers being captured over 2 weeks ago is justification for the slaughter that is happening right now?
    The figures from the Scotsman count 300,000 Israelis have had to move home, 51 have been killed, with only 18 of those being civilians whereas in Lebanon, over 800 civilians have been killed, over 200 of those children, and 800,000 have had to move. Isreal is bombing the roads that UN and Red Cross trucks are using to get aid out to these people. I know innocents on both sides are dying, this has to stop! Israels reaction over this has been terrible. Tony Blair is not only going against his own countries wishes, but the wishes of his own cabinet, and it has become increasingly obvious that he is nothing but George Bush's lap dog. The lot of them should be arrested for war crimes. And don't even get me started on the use of Prestwick to transport bombs over to Israel, this whole thing is disgusting!
  • Options

i can live with my dilusionnal, crazy, lost and intellectually dishonest label...
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    polarispolaris Posts: 3,527
    i can live with my dilusionnal, crazy, lost and intellectually dishonest label...

i guess the next time someone takes someone hostage - we'll just kill everyone around ... to ensure we get the bad guy ...
  • Options
    RockinInCanadaRockinInCanada Posts: 2,016
    I don't buy into the leaflet arguement for one second...for the simple reason that if you want to warn civilians to leave the area you had better not destroy every method for them to leave the area in a quick and efficient way...it makes no sense....my question is with all the MAIN roads destroyed and airport destroyed how do these people leave the area QUICK enough to avoid the next wave of carpet bombing....?
  • Options
    NMyTreeNMyTree Posts: 2,412

True.
  • Options
    I don't buy into the leaflet arguement for one second...for the simple reason that if you want to warn civilians to leave the area you had better not destroy every method for them to leave the area in a quick and efficient way...it makes no sense....my question is with all the MAIN roads destroyed and airport destroyed how do these people leave the area QUICK enough to avoid the next wave of carpet bombing....?

Also True.
  • Options
    Okay, I haven't read all of the posts, got to about page 3 and I couldn't believe what I was reading.
    I do not know what the American coverage of this whole thing has been like, but at least the British coverage has started to show it from both sides. Last night, while watching the news, I saw dead children being recovered from a basement where they had hidden during the airstrike. Dead Children!!! I couldn't believe they were showing it, but I am thankful they have as the events that have happened over the last 48 hours have sickened and disgusted the majority of the British public.
    We do not support Israeli governments actions, just to make this clear, we want a ceasefire. Hezbollah for the record, are a political group, so maybe we should stop calling them terrorists. Do you people really think 2 soldiers being captured over 2 weeks ago is justification for the slaughter that is happening right now?
    The figures from the Scotsman count 300,000 Israelis have had to move home, 51 have been killed, with only 18 of those being civilians whereas in Lebanon, over 800 civilians have been killed, over 200 of those children, and 800,000 have had to move. Isreal is bombing the roads that UN and Red Cross trucks are using to get aid out to these people. I know innocents on both sides are dying, this has to stop! Israels reaction over this has been terrible. Tony Blair is not only going against his own countries wishes, but the wishes of his own cabinet, and it has become increasingly obvious that he is nothing but George Bush's lap dog. The lot of them should be arrested for war crimes. And don't even get me started on the use of Prestwick to transport bombs over to Israel, this whole thing is disgusting!

fridgehopper, please do not take offense to my comment...but that is a typical liberal reaction. see dead civilians and blame israel. do you think hezbollah is happy, or sad that these children were killed??? thats an honest question. they use civilians as human shields, then when they die they use them as propaganda....all because it works with people like yourself.
  • Options
    fridgehopper, please do not take offense to my comment...but that is a typical liberal reaction. see dead civilians and blame israel. do you think hezbollah is happy, or sad that these children were killed??? thats an honest question. they use civilians as human shields, then when they die they use them as propaganda....all because it works with people like yourself.

No offense taken. Just to understand where you are coming from here, can you give me your personal views on this whole thing? I posted what I posted because it generally seemed to be the view of the thread that whats happening is justified. I am sincerely asking what kind of coverage this whole affair is getting in America? The American response has been very flimsy.

I do not buy the excuse that Hezbollah are using these civilians as human targets, I watched an Interview with an Israeli official just after the latest incident, and his manner and attitude was very arrogant and he avoided answering several questions by blaming Hezbollah and not listening to what the reporter was saying.
    Is it ridiculous to even wonder if maybe the Isaeli government is using this human shield idea as an excuse? I am trying to equalise what seems to be a very one sided argument and maybe even get some genuine answers.

These innocent civilians have been told to leave, yet have no resources in which to do so, as the Israeli force has bombed all the major roads, and are deliberately targeting vehicles on the roads. Would you not agree that the fact the civilians were caught up in the fire was maybe down to the Israelis?
  • Options
    to be honest, our media is so full of shit i don't even pay attention anymore. using human shields is what the hezzy's have always done. they welcome civilian death, then they can use it for propaganda. I WANT PEACE IN THE MIDDLE EAST. and i think the only way we can get that is radical islam is eliminated, so i am all for israel destroying hezbollah.
  • Options
    to be honest, our media is so full of shit i don't even pay attention anymore. using human shields is what the hezzy's have always done. they welcome civilian death, then they can use it for propaganda. I WANT PEACE IN THE MIDDLE EAST. and i think the only way we can get that is radical islam is eliminated, so i am all for israel destroying hezbollah.

Well still does not take back the fact that Israel says it has warned civilians yet as fridgehopper has alluded to there is no practical means for these people to leave since most of the major infrastructrue has been destroyed...the whole dropping the leaflets to warn civilians may sound like a hell of an idea BUT how are they going to leave the populated areas after Israel blew all the infrastructure up...makes no sense...
  • Options
    But at the cost of massive civilian casulities? And going from one extreme to another is not a very sensible option. Do you not think Israels response has been a tad harsh at all? The fact that most world leaders, except the US, UK and Israeli ones, want an imediate ceasefire means nothing?
  • Options

please don't take offense, but this is typical conservative reaction :rolleyes: yeah, this argumentation will lead you nowhere, another one watching too much CNN...
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    But at the cost of massive civilian casulities? And going from one extreme to another is not a very sensible option. Do you not think Israels response has been a tad harsh at all? The fact that most world leaders, except the US, UK and Israeli ones, want an imediate ceasefire means nothing?

... and Canada...
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    nobody ever answered the question. do you think the hezzy's are angry, or happy about civilian casualties?
  • Options
    nobody ever answered the question. do you think the hezzy's are angry, or happy about civilian casualties?

Happy...I would hope not....angry maybe...is Israel happy about the killing of 800+ civilians?
  • Options
    inmytreeinmytree Posts: 4,741

does it matter....?
  • Options
    I would say angry. Do you think George Bush was angry or happy about the civilian casulties in 9/11?
  • Options
    I would say angry. Do you think George Bush was angry or happy about the civilian casulties in 9/11?

the people in the world trade center were not being used as human shields. do a little research on hezbollah's use of human shields, a quick internet search and you can learn alot. anyway, its been good discussing this with you..i have to go take my daughter swimming now.

later.
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    the people in the world trade center were not being used as human shields. do a little research on hezbollah's use of human shields, a quick internet search and you can learn alot. anyway, its been good discussing this with you..i have to go take my daughter swimming now.

later.

well many posts around here on this thread and on myspace have the whole "hezbollah using humans as shields" as some sort of American made propaganda

some people are so stuck on their views and they will distort facts and even show sympathy for terroists just to keep with their hatred for Bush and anything American associated