to the girl who wouldnt let her boyfriend enjoy the show tonight...

Comments

• PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736
    Unfortunately for you, you haven't met me and my sister.

interesting! lol

PEACE

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• ||Release_Me||||Release_Me|| Posts: 1,871
    My girlfriend Naomi (Inside|The|Well on this forum) didn't know PJ when we first met 5 years ago. I let her listen to some stuff and she said they were ok. Obviously, she knew i was obsessed but i don't think i was too over the top in trying to convert her.

The great thing is that eventually she developed her own love for the band and realised which albums/songs she loved more than others. She's a HUGE fan now and we've been to 10 shows together. I wouldn't want to go with anyone else; being there with her singing and dancing together is the best thing in the world. Plus, she actually has a lovely singing voice!
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    At MSG 2 some family sat the entire show. The wife was fuckin' around on her iPhone and one of her sons was playing with his blackberry. That really pissed me off. I was up in the 400's behind the stage because i got fucked over many times with 10club sales etc. A 10C member shouldnt have to sit up in those sections. Some of the worst fans i've experienced

Speaking of whole families at a show, My best mates Dad went to see Kiss, he is a big fan. He was 2nd row he said that in the first row a lady in her 40's brought her youngish children and her elderly mother, and she got her tits out for the boys.... Now that is what should happen when a family go to a concert....
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • mehitabelmehitabel Posts: 14
    pjfan31 wrote:
    Speaking of whole families at a show, My best mates Dad went to see Kiss, he is a big fan. He was 2nd row he said that in the first row a lady in her 40's brought her youngish children and her elderly mother, and she got her tits out for the boys.... Now that is what should happen when a family go to a concert....

In what way is a woman demeaning herself for attention in front of her children a good thing?

Oh, Leathermandi, re: the shoes I had to laugh.. I was an idiot who did not change from sandals into sneakers the other night and ended up having to remove them to jump around in the sticky beer mess barefoot!
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    mehitabel wrote:
    In what way is a woman demeaning herself for attention in front of her children a good thing?

Oh, Leathermandi, re: the shoes I had to laugh.. I was an idiot who did not change from sandals into sneakers the other night and ended up having to remove them to jump around in the sticky beer mess barefoot!

I was being a smart arse. Of course it is not a good idea. It is a pity with written text, you cannot always get a sarcastic tone...
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    What a bitch. I hope their tickets were free.

I hate people who talk during the whole shows. You think no one else can hear you, but you know what? We can. Because you're screaming at full volume into the ear of the person you're having a nice little chat with. And you're a row in front or behind or sitting next to us. You suck.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • DeadpoolDeadpool Posts: 155
    Rayne wrote:
    Oh man, this thread has taken an interesting turn! Lol.
    First, let me say: a few of you HAVE met me, and might agree that I'm not being overly confident by saying, yes, I COULD pull off the heels and a mini, in fact, DO so on occasion. But NEVER at a Pj concert where I'm know I'm going to be jumping my butt off all night!

As to the girls of tc calendar?! I LOVE this idea!!! I know of few of us that could definitely be considered. And yes, there's definitely a few of you guys that could do the male version!

Lmao, great woods puker...let's hope this feature will not be coming to a stadium near you....see you all tomorrow night! I'll let you know what I'm wearing so you can judge me for yourself! Lol. ...just don't try to talk to me during the music! ;)

I am down for the Male version of this calendar. You girls are making me excited about this calendar idea now. Sounds like I need to move to the east coast in a hurry. The women in Michigan are too pretentious and I could not possibly risk taking a girl to any show that did not want to be there.
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    I've taken my wife to several shows. She always has a good time but she does prefer to sit. It never affects how much I enjoy the show and I'm pretty sure it doesn't affect any other fans. When I'm at the shows I tend to watch the band and not what the rest of the crowd is doing. Only sore point with my wife is that she will complain about the multiple encores. My point is if you're there to enjoy the show than do so and stop trying to police the other fans.
    #FHP
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    evan wrote:
    I have the best wife...I bring her to every show and she rocks out more than most fans.
    Same here....my wife is unbeatable....pre-parties or shows!!!
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • drlovemonkeydrlovemonkey Posts: 394
    I took my wife to Hartford 06 - she had an OK time. Wasn't blown away but didn't seem bored either. She's a casual fan - knows a lot of Ten, Vs and Vitalogy but not much after that. Her favorite songs are basically the songs I prefer not to see live - Daughter, Better Man, Wishlist, Last Kiss, Yellow Ledbetter. In fairness to her, Hartford 06 was the weakest PJ show I've seen - weather was awful too. But she was a good sport about it.
  • irkossairkossa Posts: 35
    After the will call fiasco in Hartford (went with a bud), I was not in a good mood on the drive down to Mansfield with my wife. Thankfully she is a big PJ fan too, but she did say that she'd only go with me if the tickets were decent. I told her that we'll probably be in the 2nd or 3rd section up...before the lawn...but JUST GO ANYWAY...IT'LL BE FUN...I SWEAR I'LL PERK UP ONCE WE GET THERE.

Get to will call...holy shit...Section 2 Row A. Front and center. Needless to say our moods changed quite a bit after that. She still loves me.
    Boston I '04
    Boston I, II, Milwaukee II '06
    Hartford, Mansfield I, II '08
    Hartford , Boston '10
    EV Boston, PJ Montreal '11
    Worcester I, II, Hartford '13
    Fenway I '16
    ToTD - MSG '16
    Wrigley II '18
    Fenway I, II '18
    Quebec City, Ottawa, MSG '22
  • violetpsychevioletpsyche Posts: 122
    Couldn't agree more with the "don't take some who doesn't give a toss" comments. This is exactly how my husband and I operate: we have very similar tastes in music but have different passions.

Sometimes these things can work out positively e.g. we both went to see Opeth when he wasn't too sure about them and I was obsessed - he loved it and became a bigger fan as a result. When he saw Carter USM (his favourite) last year, his friend got him tickets as a gift, asked me if I wanted one too, and I declined because they would have a better time together, as I don't really care for the band.

My ex was a huge PJ fan but we never got to see them together, which was a shame. Although he did have a tendency to sing VERY loudly and VERY out of tune at concerts, so it's probably just as well :D (I never told him that though because it would have hurt his feelings!).
  • meisteredermeistereder Posts: 1,554
    We had a girl in front of us at Hartford who was sitting with her fingers in her ears. I am giving her the benefit of the doubt that she had some sort of medical issue, but the guy she was with kept standing and then sitting down every couple songs even though he wanted to stand and dance.

Ultimately, they left 1/2 way through the show.
    San Diego 10/25/00, Mountain View 6/1/03, Santa Barbara 10/28/03, Northwest School 3/18/05, San Diego 7/7/06, Los Angeles 7/9/06, 7/10/06, Honolulu (U2) 12/9/06, Santa Barbara (EV) 4/10/08, Los Angeles (EV) 4/12/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield 6/28/08, VH1 Rock Honors The Who 7/12/08, Seattle 9/21/09, Universal City 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, San Diego 10/9/09, Los Angeles (EV) 7/8/11, Santa Barbara (EV) 7/9/11, Chicago 7/19/13, San Diego 11/21/13, Los Angeles 11/23/13, 11/24/13, Oakland 11/26/13, Chicago 8/22/16, Missoula 8/13/18, Boston 9/2/18, Los Angeles 2/25/22 (EV), San Diego 5/3/22, Los Angeles 5/6/22, 5/7/22, Imola 6/25/22, [London 6/29/24], [Boston 9/15/24]
  • pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    i just got married last month and my wife got hooked on Pearl Jam when i took her to the Vic

she liked the mainstream Pearl Jam songs but once she went to the Vic and then saw them in Tampa, she is hooked :)
  • upina2001upina2001 Indiana Posts: 764
    the wife went with me to WPB; she rocked out pretty hard and was just as sweaty as the rest of us. Sure, she sat down for a bit, but she was actually more worried about the little 8 yr old kid in front of us that had passed out on dad's shoulder right around Even Flow from being tired and because it was so gastly hot & humid.

Toledo, Ohio (September 22, 1996), East Troy, Wisconsin (June 26, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 17, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 18, 2000), Cincinnati, Ohio (August 20, 2000), Columbus, Ohio (August 21, 2000), Nashville, Tennessee (April 18, 2003), Champaign, Illinois (April 23, 2003), Noblesville, Indiana (June 22, 2003), Chicago, Illinois (May 16, 2006), Chicago, Illinois (August 05, 2007), West Palm Beach, Florida (June 11, 2008), Tampa, Florida (June 12, 2008), Columbus, OH (May 06, 2010), Noblesville, Indiana (May 07, 2010), Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013), US Bank Arena (October 01, 2014), Lexington (April 26, 2016), Chicago Night 2 (August 20, 2018), Boston Night 1 (September 02, 2018), Nashville (September 16, 2022), St. Louis (September 18, 2022)

• eduardoeduardo Posts: 151
    my wife went to wpb with me, we fly form sa for a florida trip, her first pj concert, 10 years together, she never into, but she really like the concert, bought all the beers to me that day. She recognize inmediately low light and gtf. since that day more love to her
    11.09.05 Kitchener
    22.11.05 Santiago
    23.11.05 Santiago
    11.06.08 West Palm Beach
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    ...and kept getting up to bitch at him and pout and act like a princess and stand in front of someone else and eventually made your boyfriend leave after given to fly...

...you stink.
    What the freakin hell???!!! Thats DISGUSTING. See why you should NEVER take a bf/gf that is NOT a PEARL JAM chick or guy to a show??!!!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Lukin66Lukin66 Posts: 3,063
    Always take someone from the PJ fanbase....it's just no fun to share it with someone that isn't as much as a fanatic as you are
    deep, deep blue of the morning
    gets to me every time
  • Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,229
    Originally Posted by teskeinc
    Been to alot of shows, I think its safe to say there wouldn't be much demand for a "Girls of the 10 club" calendar. Talent lacks.
    In defense of the ladies, the men of the Tenclub aren't too impressive either....myself included.

Those are two of the most classic post I've seen in a while..hahahaha

RM
    Rayne wrote:
    Oh man, this thread has taken an interesting turn! Lol.
    First, let me say: a few of you HAVE met me, and might agree that I'm not being overly confident by saying, yes, I COULD pull off the heels and a mini, in fact, DO so on occasion. But NEVER at a Pj concert where I'm know I'm going to be jumping my butt off all night!

As to the girls of tc calendar?! I LOVE this idea!!!

I would have no problems with you pulling out a mini and heels...as long as you can still pull it off!!! I love these types of viewing while at my PJ shows. I'l be the first to sign up for a "Women of 10c" calendar fo sho!!!

Peace on ya!

RM
  • Took my then wife to VFC 2 in Boston. Best seats of my life until DC this year. She was awful. Just stood there and forbid me to have a single beer. Her mood killed it for me. Especially when she made me leave early and I had to miss I've got a feeling.

Took the gf to Va Beach DC and now both boston shows. She has been incredible. Wants to get into the band now and loves the live show. It's been a real awakening. She only knows a few things past the first 3 albums but it doesn't stop her from enjoying it and she's great with me about my insanity. Says she understands me 10 times better now. So I agree with a previous poster.

For fans and future fans
    9/7/98, 8/3/00, 9/4/00, 4/15/03, 7/1/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 5/24/06, 5/25/06, 6/17/08, 6/22/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 5/17/10, 10/15/13, 10/16/13.
    Unfortunately for you, you haven't met me and my sister.

"I'm hot for teacher!!" ;-)

RM
  • TheGossmanTheGossman Posts: 1,120
    ...and kept getting up to bitch at him and pout and act like a princess and stand in front of someone else and eventually made your boyfriend leave after given to fly...

...you stink.

yea I'm sure she's a regular on this board....
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
  • indifferentmanindifferentman Goshen, IN Posts: 731
    Gmoney wrote:
    yes but, taking the gf to a pearl jam show is the ultimate relationship test so we must continue to bring them. Until us men can find a girl who can enjoy the show as much as we do we must bring annoying girls in high heels and mini skirts to weed them out. One day, for all of us single males, we will bring that one special girl to a pj show and watch her reaction to the music and will shall know if we can go further with them, or run to the bathroom after the show never to be seen again.

This guy speaks da troof! Bringing "THE ONE" to a PJ show is definately a final test on my list. If she can tolerate me jumping up and down, dancing, singing at the top of my lungs, and air guitaring, then we'll have a good understanding. Many more bonus pts. for a woman who can enjoy the shows just the same. Besides, it's going to be hard to convince a significant other that I want to go to anywhere from 3-6 consecutive shows to see the SAME BAND, not to mention the ticket price, travel, and hotel expenses. It's not a very easy thing to rationalize.

My other final test is perhaps MUCH more challenging. I want to take "THE ONE" on a week long hiking trip. Roughly 30-50 miles of hiking in the woods, with no showers, no electricity, no phones, no internet, and potentially no out houses even, for a WEEK. If she doesn't come out of the woods complaining, angry, and bug bitten then I'll know I have a keeper. :)
    I won't change direction, and I won't change my mind - E.V.
    06 Chicago I, 06 Chicago II, 06 Grand Rapids, 07 Lollapalloza, 08 DC, 08 MSG I, 08 MSG II, 08 EV Solo Milwaukee, Chicago I & II 09, Portland 09, Nobelsville 10, Cleveland 10, PJ20 I & II, Wrigley 13, Brooklyn I & II '13, St. Paul 14, Moline 14, Milwaukee 14
    My wife isn't a diehard PJ fan by any means, but she doesn't dislike them either. Our musical taste actually are completely different from one anothers yet she has gone to a few shows with me in our time together and always encourages the passion I have for PJ which is all you can ask for out of someone who doesn't "get it" like I do.

To date, she's been to five PJ shows with me, her first being 10/31/00 and I always leave it up to her on whether she wants to attend or not. She was going to pass on all the shows during PJ's 3 night run in SF back in '06 due to her being 7 months pregnant but just before the final show she asked me in a sweet, hopeful tone if I would mind her coming along...and I was like HELL YEA you can come with me!!

And it was a priceless evening too as they opened with Release (that song was the opener for her first show back in '00), they played "Untitled/"got a car, got some gas" with a new reference to bringing the kid along right before MFC which was special considering our first child was about to enter the world and she got to witness "Red Mosquito" which I had requested Ed to play when I met him out back on 7/16!

Peace,

RM
  • at MSG 2 i stood next to a "g/f" who was a total bitch. Im totally ok with people who dont know all the words and have a good time, but this chick wanted to make sure that EVERYONE around her was as miserable as she was. During Release she shot a stare at me like I was a fucking maniac....fine no problem...as the night went on she would have loud conversations with her boyfriend who also seemed annoyed. Finally, during Cropduster I could take no more. After she sat for like 3 songs she got up and spread her legs to scoot me over AND THEN said "excuse me" i grabbed her arm and told her the next time she touched me it better because she was dancing along to the show. Her boyfriend swept right in the rescue saying she had to use the restroom and was drunk and whatever else....she came back 2 songs later right before SOLAT and i sure as fuck was not going to let her ruin that for me. I switched places with my boyfriend (who is equally into PJ) and i think the gf just gave up on spreading her hate. Her boyfriend got way into the show as it went on too.

and the final note, there is nothing like going to a pJ show with another fan everyone knows that....but it truly is something when your significant other totally gets it.....magic.
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    Rayne wrote:
    I have got to say, as a Pj girl, nothing pisses me off more than seeing girls sit -SIT- the whole show 15 rows in front of me. At Hartford the one in front of me even made her bf sit with her. The whole time hed keep popping his head up to see what was going on. I want to lean over and say 'dude, did you leave your balls at home?! Grow a set and stand the fuck up like you know you want to!' Whatever.

BOYS, if your girl is NOT into the music, leave her at home to shop or whatever people that don't love good music do. Seriously, do yourself and the rest of us the favor.

And I swear, if I see another chick in heels and a mini at Pj, I WILL become the 'Mansfield puker'!!!

I saw that at the show I went to. This girl clearly just went because her bf had tics..they were in the VIP section. She looked bored out of her skull...and looked at everyone having fun they were bonkers...lol.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • RayneRayne Posts: 99
    Just FYI. I am omw, wearing my vfc blue patriot tee w some grey long shorts. Judge all ya like! Haha.
    Underneath this smile lies everything...How I choose to feel, is how I AM!
    No matter how cold the winter, there's a spring time ahead.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~**~*~*~
  • I would never have this problem with my husband at a Pearl Jam show... or many others, for that matter, but he was kind of a stick in the mud when we saw Ben Harper and Jack Johnson a couple years back. And you bet if I were to go to see one of the "harder" bands he's into (like Tool) I wouldn't be as into it as he... but I wouldn't bitch at him all night, make him sit, or accompany me to the restroom. Mostly though, if I don't want to go to something like that with him I tell him to take a friend. Works out better for everyone.
  • I took my girlfriend who wasn't really into PJ. She never complained but did take like 600 pictures for me :).

Scott
    10/01/96 9/08/98 9/10/98 9/11/98 8/23/00 8/24/00
    8/25/00 8/27/00 8/29/00 8/30/00 9/01/00 9/02/00
    4/28/03 4/29/03 4/30/03 5/02/03 7/05/03 7/06/03
    7/08/03 7/09/03 7/14/03 <---front row shook hands with ed.
    10/3/05 5/13/06 5/27/06 5/28/06 6/01/06 6/3/06
    6/24/06 6/19/08 6/20/08 6/24/08 6/25/08 10/27/09
    10/28/09 10/30/09 10/31/09 5/15/10 5/18/10 5/20/10
    5/21/10 9/7/11