Options

to the girl who wouldnt let her boyfriend enjoy the show tonight...

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383
    Gmoney wrote:
    ...Until us men can find a girl who can enjoy the show as much as we do we must bring annoying girls in high heels and mini skirts to weed them out....
    Keep this in mind: Most girls who'd go to a rock show in high heels and a miniskirt aren't worthy. Seriously. This isn't 1986 and PJ isn't a hair band.
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    writersuwritersu Posts: 1,867
    ...and kept getting up to bitch at him and pout and act like a princess and stand in front of someone else and eventually made your boyfriend leave after given to fly...

...you stink.

DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT!!!!!!!

EVER GET MARRIED. IT WILL ONLY GET WORSE.
    Baby, You Wouldn't Last a Minute on The Creek......

Together we will float like angels.........

In the moment that you left the room, the album started skipping, goodbye to beauty shared with the ones that you love.........
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    13PJ13 wrote:
    Keep this in mind: Most girls who'd go to a rock show in high heels and a miniskirt aren't worthy. Seriously. This isn't 1986 and PJ isn't a hair band.

here here! unless you plan on stripping for us during the show, put on some tennies and enjoy yourself!
  • Options
    My girlfriend's not into PJ, but that's cool. She has stuff that's just for her and I've got stuff that's just for me. It's ok to have different interests once in a while. I learned my lesson at a Wilco show in 2005. My girlfriend was not into it, I forced her to go and we got into a fight and she ended up walking home. It's not worth the aggravation that stuff can cause both parties. I can usually find someone to take my extra 10c ticket, and last year I ended up seeing a Wilco show alone, and it was actually kind of cool. I'm going to a Gin Blossoms show alone next week, sometimes it's really nice going solo. Of course, when R.E.M. or Springsteen come to town, we'll always go together.
    I like bands.
  • Options
    lateralus963lateralus963 Posts: 381
    88keys wrote:
    My wife and I got into a huge fight the night of MSG I... but once PJ took the stage the fight was over (she's a huge PJ fan too). the fight then continued once the show was over and we got home... LOL!

LOL...that happened to me and my boyfriend MSG II... It was the last night of our week of Pearl Jam but we couldn't be mad at each other during the show, but after it continued. Of course we solved it. I am starting to think MSG is cursed for me atleast the last 3 shows I have seen there have brought on some type of disagreement between me and my boyfriend.
    Also I kinda feel we are being unfair to girlfriends... I have seen tons of guys at the show ruining the shows...like boys that think Pearl Jam concerts are frat parties, or corporate assholes that are just there because they can afford the scalpers markups... Atleast these girls are just ruining the shows for the men that choose to take them. The boys that think its a frat party can ruin the show for everyone around them. I experienced it at MSG I and I have read a ton of post along the same lines.
    2005: Montreal, Ottawa, Pittsburgh
    2006: Camden I & II, Continental II (NJ)
    2008: Camden I & II, DC, MSG I & II (NYC), & EV: NYC II
    2009: Spectrum last 2 nights
    2012: EV: Orlando I & II, Ft. Lauderdale I
    2013: Brooklyn I & II
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale & Miami
  • Options
    writersuwritersu Posts: 1,867
    When I went with my then husband who lived with me........(I have NO IDEA what you call a husband you are seperated from, "estranged" or "strange"?),
    he was not into them really like I was, (he didn't yell ONCE at the stage, "EDDIE!!!"), but didn't complain.

Still though having someone sharing your love for the band would be a huge turn on, I think.

(hmmmm, note to self; if you are ever dating again, they must pass the test of being into PJ as much as I am and not being intimidated by Eddie's awesomeness, which I think my then live in husband was......and still is. )
    Baby, You Wouldn't Last a Minute on The Creek......

Together we will float like angels.........

In the moment that you left the room, the album started skipping, goodbye to beauty shared with the ones that you love.........
  • Options
    The_Fixer The_Fixer Posts: 255
    Rayne wrote:

BOYS, if your girl is NOT into the music, leave her at home.

Well Said.
    Montreal 08/20/98 | New York 09/11/98 | Wantagh 08/24/00 | Montreal 10/04/00 | Montreal 06/29/03 | Montreal 09/15/05
    Toronto 05/10/06 | Vancouver 04/02//08 (Ed) | Manchester 06/14/08 | Montreal 08/09/08 (Ed) | Montreal 08/10/08 (Ed) 
    Albany 06/08/09 (Ed) | Philadelphia 10/31/09 | Montreal 09/07/11 | Ottawa 05/08/16 | Brooklyn 04/07/17 (RRHOF)
    Dana Point 09/09/17 (Ed) | Rome 06/26/18
  • Options
    Simple answer, get a girlfriend who likes Pearl Jam.

I'm yet to go to a show with Audiodave but when I do I know it's gonna be the best experience ever :D
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,093
    In Hartford it sounded like the couple behind me was breaking up near the end of the first encore.
    Some arguments of money
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • Options
    iluvcats wrote:
    lol, why? I wish my legs were skinny enough to wear a mini like I did many years ago!

LOL, Lynn...I think the REAL problem is the amount of girls whose legs AREN'T skinny enough to be wearing it. :p

& Yes, I'm female...but seriously, do you girls look in the mirror before you go somewhere? If so, you may wanna consider looking at a back view as well, cuz there's nothing remotely attractive about cellulite ridden legs in a short skirt or short shorts. :eek: & The tank tops, & tight shirts, my god..these big girls that you can see the outlinging of their rolls & stomachs should NOT be wearing them. Grosses me the fuck out. Dress size appropriate ladies! lol.
    "Oh, a flower you are to my land..."
  • Options
    LOL, Lynn...I think the REAL problem is the amount of girls whose legs AREN'T skinny enough to be wearing it. :p

& Yes, I'm female...but seriously, do you girls look in the mirror before you go somewhere? If so, you may wanna consider looking at a back view as well, cuz there's nothing remotely attractive about cellulite ridden legs in a short skirt or short shorts. :eek: & The tank tops, & tight shirts, my god..these big girls that you can see the outlinging of their rolls & stomachs should NOT be wearing them. Grosses me the fuck out. Dress size appropriate ladies! lol.

No worries.. Chicks who cant get attention fully dressed tend to be the ones with the asses and boobums hangin out... Little mystery ladies!
  • Options
    GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    13PJ13 wrote:
    hahah. i know, i was just sticking up for a brother. Believe me, I've never taken one gf to a pj show... let alone one in high heels!
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...
  • Options
    teskeincteskeinc Posts: 836
    Been to alot of shows, I think its safe to say there wouldn't be much demand for a "Girls of the 10 club" calendar. Talent lacks.
    1994 : Memphis 1995 : New Orleans 1996 : Seattle
    1998 : St Louis, Birmingham, Knoxville
    2000 : Memphis, Nashville, St Louis
    2003 : Irvine 1+2, Vegas, Bridge School 1+2, Santa Barbara
    2005 : Missoula, Vancouver, Gorge 2006 : LA 1+2, Vegas
    2008 : W Palm Beach, Tampa, Who Rock Honors, EV LA 2
    2009 : LA 1, LA 4, EV 1 Nashville 2011 : EV Long Beach
    2012: EV Vegas 1+2
    2013 LA 1+2 2018 Prague, Wrigley 2
    2020 Phoenix, SD

• Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728
    teskeinc wrote:
    Been to alot of shows, I think its safe to say there wouldn't be much demand for a "Girls of the 10 club" calendar. Talent lacks.

In defense of the ladies, the men of the Tenclub aren't too impressive either....myself included.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    hoobot24hoobot24 Posts: 56
    Rayne wrote:

And I swear, if I see another chick in heels and a mini at Pj, I WILL become the 'Mansfield puker'!!!

why?
  • Options
    RobbieC2008RobbieC2008 Posts: 432
    Sine my gf and I have been dating (a year and a half) she has made it to Lollapalooza,Bonnaroo,both MSG shows,Hartford & Mansfield 1...we have a BLAST!!!! She doesnt talk,she takes pictures,smokes weed and I love talking about the shows with her after...She had never seen PJ before Lolla and now has a nice little run going....thats why Im gonna marry this girl
  • Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    reading this shit pisses me off, and makes me thankful that my GF fuckin' ROCKS !!!!
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    teskeinc, no ten c girl calendar, are you high?

There are some CUTIES that are hardcore fans! The mens aren't too bad either;)
  • Options
    I took a big gamble on my-then girlfriend of 9 months and took her to the Vote for Change St. Louis show in 2004. It was her first PJ show and I had scored second row center seats. Needless to say, she's been to 5 other shows now and we just got married in May. Sometimes the gamble pays off..
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728
    Sine my gf and I have been dating (a year and a half) she has made it to Lollapalooza,Bonnaroo,both MSG shows,Hartford & Mansfield 1...we have a BLAST!!!! She doesnt talk,she takes pictures,smokes weed and I love talking about the shows with her after...She had never seen PJ before Lolla and now has a nice little run going....thats why Im gonna marry this girl

well done. she's a keeper.

My last girlfriend was the polar opposite. I took her to Roger Waters and all she did was complain. I mean, I knew that wasn't her type of music. I was just hoping that he would enjoy it because I love it and maybe there would be some songs she'd like. didn't happen that way. she told me like three or four times that "this is so boring." I was like "pipe down bitch! you're ruining Fletcher Memorial Home!" haha. at least in hindsight that's what I should have said.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    lilreds9121lilreds9121 Posts: 128
    im soooo jealous of you guys with the g/f's and wives that love the band. i took my brother to Camden 2 this year, he comes in at like 9pm, totally wasted (i dont drink at PJ shows cause i want to enjoy myself). he says hes going to the bathroom, doesnt come back until like 2 songs before the encore break. and when he does come back he goes to the wrong seats and almost gets his ass kicked by people whose seats he was in. so he ruined all of whipping for me cause i was watching him, and he comes back to our seats, jams out like a fucking drunk dbag for 2 songs, we were sitting during the break and he decides to leave. he wants to go back to my truck cause he was sooo hammered. i give him my remote to open my car so he can sit in it. the asshole loses it before he gets to my truck so he sat outside of it for a while. so i get my poster and go out and he tells me he lost my remote. i should have beat his ass. im sure all of you are thinking and yes that will be the first and last time my brother ever gets my 10c ticket. the worst part was he was soo excited because he has never seen PJ sober. hes such a fuckin loser.
    "Somebody throw up a gun so I can shoot you all......Fuckers". Eddie
  • Options
    IAmMyselfIAmMyself Posts: 667
    teskeinc wrote:

Why don't you post a picture of yourself there, stud!
    "Please help me to help you, help yourself." EV
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    In defense of the ladies, the men of the Tenclub aren't too impressive either....myself included.

speak for yourself!!! :)
  • Options
    currycurry Posts: 19
    not all women are like that my husband and i had our first date at randalls island at the 96 show we now have two kids who are fans and i let him do his thing at the shows and he lets me do mine if he wants to go to the restroom i do not walk him there and i do not need a babysitter either .........but for the women who feel the need to ruin a pearl jam moment .get a life
    do not put up more than you are willing to lose
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,508
    guess i'm different. if i know i'm going to hate something i rather stay home and let my guy enjoy himself.

maybe these girls have trust issues and can't let their man out of their sight?

my dad taught me well.
    as a tot i remember him telling me not to nag the men folk.
    it has paid off.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    ilovepjilovepj Posts: 48
    Also I kinda feel we are being unfair to girlfriends... I have seen tons of guys at the show ruining the shows...like boys that think Pearl Jam concerts are frat parties, or corporate assholes that are just there because they can afford the scalpers markups... Atleast these girls are just ruining the shows for the men that choose to take them. The boys that think its a frat party can ruin the show for everyone around them. I experienced it at MSG I and I have read a ton of post along the same lines.

I agree with you 100%. At MSG 2 there was a couple sitting behind my husband and I. They were both obviously very drunk. The guy ends up passing out in his chair and then starts puking in the aisle. NOT COOL PEOPLE!!! Why is it necessary to get THAT drunk before a concert? Why would you want to pay all that money to NOT remember the great show the next day???

I have to agree about leaving the girls at home if they don't enjoy the type of music or PJ at all. Just go with friends. I wouldn't want my husband to drag me to a concert of someone I didn't care for. He and I both share a love for PJ so we have a great time at the shows!
    No matter how cold the winter, there's spring time ahead...

2000: Memphis
    2003: Little Rock, Kansas City
    2006: Denver I & II, LA I & II
    2008: MSG I & II, Hartford
    2010: Kansas City
    2011: PJ20 1 & 2
    2012: Pensacola
    2013: Chicago
  • Options
    RayneRayne Posts: 99
    Oh man, this thread has taken an interesting turn! Lol.
    First, let me say: a few of you HAVE met me, and might agree that I'm not being overly confident by saying, yes, I COULD pull off the heels and a mini, in fact, DO so on occasion. But NEVER at a Pj concert where I'm know I'm going to be jumping my butt off all night!

As to the girls of tc calendar?! I LOVE this idea!!! I know of few of us that could definitely be considered. And yes, there's definitely a few of you guys that could do the male version!

Lmao, great woods puker...let's hope this feature will not be coming to a stadium near you....see you all tomorrow night! I'll let you know what I'm wearing so you can judge me for yourself! Lol. ...just don't try to talk to me during the music! ;)
    Underneath this smile lies everything...How I choose to feel, is how I AM!
    No matter how cold the winter, there's a spring time ahead.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~**~*~*~
  • Options
    ONCE DEVIDEDONCE DEVIDED Posts: 1,131
    mamasan wrote:
    I took my gf to three shows this tour and had fun. Plus, she bought all three posters for me.

Plus...... she just woke up and is walking around in her panties humming 'No More.'

ohhh you lucky bastard
    AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE
  • Options
    Lostdoggie wrote:
    That's why I never bring girlfriends, I always have more fun with friends.

Boyfriends can be JUST AS MUCH OF A PAIN IN THE ASS.

Would you believe I went to show with a guy that actually got JEALOUS of how much I loved the band? In 94, we were front row in general admission in Springfield, he got kicked by a crowd surfer going by, his earring got torn out so he wanted to go to the back of the floor. He was livid when I stayed in front...?!

Another one wanted me to SIT rather than stand.

Both are long gone. I met a great husband and wife from Chicago on Friday night. I wondered how rewarding it must be to share Pearl Jam fandom...Wish I had that!!!!!!!!!
    Springfield, MA 1994
    Hartford, CT 1998
    Hartford, CT 2006
    Hartford, CT 2008
    Albany, NY 2009
    Hartford, CT 2010
    Hartford, CT 2011
  • Options
    teskeinc wrote:

Unfortunately for you, you haven't met me and my sister.
    Springfield, MA 1994
    Hartford, CT 1998
    Hartford, CT 2006
    Hartford, CT 2008
    Albany, NY 2009
    Hartford, CT 2010
    Hartford, CT 2011