The Tragically Hip!!!!

Comments

• toolietoolie Posts: 388
    i REALLY care about this announcement cause
    i just got myself a tshirt from the last hip show i saw live in kingston, of the 50+ shows i was at  :)
    and i'm fucking pumped about that. !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    https://thehipgiftshop.com/collections/mens/products/kingstontee
    Awesome! That’s pretty sweet coming two years after the fact. 
  • ^^^^
    thank you for the positivity response. god we need more of that, every day. more than ever before  :)
    i wasn't gonna wait in line to get in for this last show(saw all 5 in ontario on that last tour)
    so to get a reprint of the actual shirt of their last show is indeed awesome !! f'n priceless to me
    and man do i ever still miss gord

Ha no problem, gotta stay positive in these strange days :)

And me too. An outdoor Hip show next spring would be the perfect way to move forward once all this COVID stuff is over. The only Hip shirt I own was from my first Hip show back in 1995 in Red Deer, Alberta on the Day for Night tour. I wish I could buy a shirt from one of the shows I'd been to, it's an awesome idea!!

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    ^^^^
    thank you for the positivity response. god we need more of that, every day. more than ever before  :)
    i wasn't gonna wait in line to get in for this last show(saw all 5 in ontario on that last tour)
    so to get a reprint of the actual shirt of their last show is indeed awesome !! f'n priceless to me
    and man do i ever still miss gord

i wasn't trying to be negative. awesome you got that shirt! i was just hoping for an announcement on the unreleased stuff, not watching two movies i already own. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• BR2428BR2428 Posts: 118
    New Gord Downie solo recording was just announced. 

I just ordered the vinyl. Not what I expected to be issued, but it will be poignant. 
    I’m so stoked for this. The 2 releases are awesome 
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,085
    The man is busier from the afterlife than many of us are here.
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,905
    The man is busier from the afterlife than many of us are here.
    You get the feeling he really tried to do what he could what the time he had left.   2 solo albums and (from what I hear) about half a tragically hip album.  That's damned impressive.
    it really is. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• What a pleasant surprise after the announcement about the movies. I know they've been teasing it but looking forward to checking this out.
    I am wired and fading...
    RoeDawg13 said:
    What a pleasant surprise after the announcement about the movies. I know they've been teasing it but looking forward to checking this out.
    i honestly couldn't tell what they were teasing. looking at instagram on my phone, i couldn't read any of the lyric pages they posted, so I couldn't tell if it was new stuff or old
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    edited September 2020
    Lol dumb phone, yes can't wait!
    Post edited by Nami on
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,085
    2 songs are up on Apple Music now. Very impressive.

Something about when I hear Gord sing these last few years. He sounds so damn alive, from the old songs to new.
  • GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,502
    toolie said:
    I just ordered the vinyl. Not what I expected to be issued, but it will be poignant. 
    Are you also waiting on the Road Apples/early days b-sides album?
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

Gibson said:
    toolie said:
    i'm guessing that might be something that comes out for xmas this year. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Gibson said:
    toolie said:
    Heck yes. Can’t wait to see what’s on it. Would be cool if they released an old live show as well - one can hope!!!
  • DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,412
    edited November 2020
    From today’s email, looks pretty sweet, only 200 available so jump on it if you can, lol!

Ooops, quick exit, this is a screenshot so clicking the link won’t work.
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
    jesus. that's pricey for not knowing what you are getting. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

jesus. that's pricey for not knowing what you are getting. 
    I didn’t look it up since I knew I couldn’t afford it, but out of curiosity how much is it selling for?

$495
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

$495
    Ouch!!!

$495
    Ouch!!!
    hard pass. 

as soon as jake gold came back to the fold as management, the gouging has increased like crazy. i hope we just get more music soon. enough of the ramped up merch stuff. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    I’d just be praying for a signed 2016 poster, all to be let down on Christmas morning 
    so I’ll have to pass too
    must be sold out. can't find it. will be interesting to see what people got. i already have something signed from the hip (hipeponymous box set pre-order on maplemusic.com came with a signed placard inserted), so i couldn't figure out what else might be worth that much beyond something authographed. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Did anyone on here buy the gift crate? It would be cool to see what they get. Too pricey for me though.
  • pearljimpearljim Posts: 1,306
    edited December 2020
    I did.  I’ll let you all know what I got once here. I was hesitant as I own a lot of HIP stuff so I’m sure I will get a few things I already own but it’s a chance you take. I love this band every bit as much as PJ so had to do it. Hell the crate it comes in is valued at $100 if you go by PJ pricing for their crate they sold a few years back 😀
    Post edited by pearljim on
    If you have a chance to make life better for others, and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.

Roberto Clemente.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    I wanted to get into this band due to their lofty reputation, but I recently caught a brief clip of a live show, like 10 seconds, and it was a total turn-off.
    Does the singer always sound like the guy from the B-52's or was that just an artefact of that particular song or show?
    It was VERY nasally and over-enunciated, is that just his style?
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    I have no reliable internet connection so I have to be very judicious with my streaming time, that's why I asked rather than just pulling up YouTube and checking for myself.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    hard to say without knowing what 10 second clip you are referring to, but my guess is you've already made up your mind. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD