Options

The Tragically Hip official Thread 2009******

Comments

• Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    THAT is how you announce a tour!!!!
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • Options
    *drools* :shock:
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    I wonder if I should splurge on botch Detroit shows... I'm not keen on making the drive 2 days in a row and I'm a bit strapped for a hotel, plus I don't know anyone that'd want to go back to back nights. I may just get myself a ticket for Saturday.

Is there any way to check and see if I'm registered with their site? I get their emails, so I would assume so...
  • Options
    yeah you'd be registered.

10AM EST is 7AM PACIFIC

for all of us westerners
  • Options
    Red Lukin2Red Lukin2 Posts: 108
    Sweet - 5 shows at Massey Hall!

I'm registered, but anyone rememeber how they do the passwords? I think you go to the hip site in the morning and you'll see the password there right?
  • Options
    Haha I was all excited to get tickets for a minute...

until I realized they were $90 a ticket! With S/C that'll be over $200 for a pair. Umm no thanks...I'll keep my money for another PJ show.

Boston fans are lucky though...$29 per ticket!
  • Options
    Red Lukin2 wrote:

until I realized they were $90 a ticket! With S/C that'll be over $200 for a pair. Umm no thanks...I'll keep my money for another PJ show.

I can't find any info on the pricing for the Detroit show. I hope it's more in line with the other US shows... no way can I afford to go to more than one at that price!
  • Options
    mertmert Posts: 167
    *crosses fingers for tickets* I am going broke keeping up with shows this year! Good way to go broke, though. ;)

Kingston show is a benefit for G Fund, (G was a local radio Dj who has been diagnosed with ALS). Show is also opened by The Trews. :D
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,091
    Red Lukin2 wrote:

$90? Jesus. Maybe I will still try for one show. But that is DAMN EXPENSIVE.
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    yeah man, prices are just out of control right now for big bands....its got to stop.....

i feel for the younger generation who literally wont be able to see some bands just due to lack of funds and skyrocketing prices. pretty nice to have a bunch of shows under your belt though, because it looks like it will be slim concerting for myself the way thes prices are going.....

first neil, now the hip......DAMN! its so much money.
  • Options
    yeah man, prices are just out of control right now for big bands....its got to stop.....

i feel for the younger generation who literally wont be able to see some bands just due to lack of funds and skyrocketing prices. pretty nice to have a bunch of shows under your belt though, because it looks like it will be slim concerting for myself the way thes prices are going.....

So how does the pre-sale on the Hip;s web site work? Best seats in the house like PJ?
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    BeerBaron wrote:
    So how does the pre-sale on the Hip;s web site work? Best seats in the house like PJ?

I remember now...

If you're registered on the hip's website go there before 10am and sign in. Not sure where (likely in the "shows" tab) you'll see them post the pw. From there it's just a pw to use on TM's website.

I guess I would compare it more to Edge 102's presale, as opposed to the TC.

Sorry I just re-read your question, which I didn't answer. I guess I would say no...it's more like the hit or miss like everyone TM sale
  • Options
    Red Lukin2 wrote:
    BeerBaron wrote:

I remember now...

If you're registered on the hip's website go there before 10am and sign in. Not sure where (likely in the "shows" tab) you'll see them post the pw. From there it's just a pw to use on TM's website.

Sorry I just re-read your question, which I didn't answer. I guess I would say no...it's more like the hit or miss like everyone TM sale
    Crap. But thanks for the reply. You going to try for any of the shows? I was maybe thinking of trying for one of the Kitchener shows.
  • Options
    BeerBaron wrote:
    Red Lukin2 wrote:
    BeerBaron wrote:

I remember now...

Crap. But thanks for the reply. You going to try for any of the shows? I was maybe thinking of trying for one of the Kitchener shows.

A mid-week show eh? And the beginning of the tour. If you want my opinion try for the 2nd night of Toronto if you want close tickets. Most people will try for either the 1st Toronto show or the weekend.

If you need help let me know, as I won't be trying for tix tomorrow.
  • Options
    log in, you go to the shows page, then you find the show you want. click more info for that show, there you will see a space for the presale password and a link for the presale site (ie, ticketmaster, livenation)

GOOD LUCK!
  • Options

I'm still kicking myself for missing Neil and Wilco here in Chicago :(
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 14,002
    i cant wait to see them and for cheap to. hope i can remember to not miss out on the presale tomorrow
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    gibbitsgibbits Posts: 500
    Damn site is down - if anyone gets that presale word posting here would be extra nice!
  • Options
    billyruffbillyruff Posts: 534
    websites down already???
  • Options
    anyone get a password for toronto?
  • Options
    FOR TORONTO IF YOU ORDER SEATS WITH THE CD YOU DO NOT NEED PASSWORD
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    restlesssoul summarized it nicely :)
    Post edited by soulsinging on
  • Options
    WWSWWS Ontario Posts: 458
    Massey Hall Night 1 Yeah baby!!!
    '93 Toronto, '98 Barrie, '00 Toronto, '03 Buffalo, '05 Hamilton, '06 Toronto 1&2 '09 Toronto, '09 Philly #4, '11 Hamilton, '13 London, '13 Wrigley,    '13 Buffalo, '14 Detroit Rock City,'16 Ottawa, '16 Toronto 1&2, '16 Fenway '18 Wrigley 1&2, '20 Baltimore. '22 Hamilton, '24 Wrigley 1&2
  • Options
    password for all shows is : SAME

the webiste is fucked.

where has the seattle date gone?
  • Options
    pedalbreakpedalbreak Posts: 138
    Can't wait for the trifecta of Hip shows in Winnipeg. I managed to scoop up rows 4, 7 and 7 respectivly.
  • Options
    wow, thats encouraging....hope im that lucky.
  • Options
    pedalbreak wrote:
    Can't wait for the trifecta of Hip shows in Winnipeg. I managed to scoop up rows 4, 7 and 7 respectivly.

Detroit's GA. I'm still trying to decide if that's good or bad, hehe.
  • Options
    t minus 14 minutes for me. im going for 3 vancouver shows.

any advice on the order i should try for them? im thinking if i do the last show first, the chances of a close seat are better..thoughts?
  • Options
    arrg I hate ticketbastard! I tried to order tickets for the NY show and they wanted to charge me $10 convenience charge and a $5 processing fee...What a load of bullshit that's almost 50% of the ticket price. I guess I'm gonna have to make a trip the the venue one of these days.
  • Options
    I'm kind of regretting passing up 8th row tix for Massey Hall...dope :?