The Tragically Hip!!!!

Comments

• willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    and just because a track gets left off an album, in my opinion, doesn't mean necessarily it's no good. look at Lost Dogs. as ed said, many times it's just "one of these things is not like the other". 
    I agree with that, I’m just saying some hip albums had a lot of filler to begin with. I don’t need anymore.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    I don't know if I'd call any of their material filler. And still, just because it's left off an album doesn't mean it's filler. It might just not fit. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

either way, I'll be stoked if they put out some type of box set or something of rarities and maybe another dvd or something. But I do also like your idea of the live vault. Would love to hear songs from the shows I was at. I have two, but not the best quality. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    The early albums had no filler at all. Good from start to finish. Mid-Hip and on Is where I’m experiencing some filler.
    world container I find to be a great one tho.
    music at work, violet light, now for plan a, man machine Poem, phantom power are the albums I feel have some good moments surrounded by meh 
  • LukinAtULukinAtU Posts: 689
    Anyone have a good source for bootlegs other than Nugs, which only has 3 shows?
  • RoeDawg13RoeDawg13 Posts: 246
    edited November 2019
    https://hipbase.com/show-archive/

LukinAtU said:

I am wired and fading...
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,905
    LukinAtU said:
    For official I think there's 6 Vault's that are OOP on top of those 3 shows nugs has.  I love the vaults :)  Worth tracking down on sharing sites.

That link in the post above me is a good source of bootlegs.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,554
    "Grace Too" on SNL in 1995 is one of the best live performances ever recorded on television.  I never tire of this one.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

agreed, brian. and if there was ever a movie made about gord, sheldon from big bang theory would be a dead ringer. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• I've got those vault shows in mp3 but would love to find FLAC of them. Also, Live Between Us is a great official release.
    I am wired and fading...
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,554
    agreed, brian. and if there was ever a movie made about gord, sheldon from big bang theory would be a dead ringer. 
    Wow!  No kidding!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

RoeDawg13 said:
    https://hipbase.com/show-archive/

LukinAtU said:

Thanks!
  • BR2428BR2428 Posts: 118
    Gord Sinclair is on Episode 520 of Vish Khanna’s Kreative Kontrol Podcast promoting his new album. 

I haven’t listened yet, but he talks about The Hip’s final tour and potential for unreleased material. Vish is a great interviewer so it should be a good listen. 

• RD171825RD171825 Posts: 436
    If anyone is going to see The Trews on their little tour next month get there early. Gord Sinclair is opening up, should be good. 
    anyone know of the vault series? I have Live From The Vault Volume 4, but that was the only one that had a physical release (and you couldn't buy it; it was part of the pre-orders of We Are The Same "deluxe crate package"). All the others were digital, but I don't know what shows they were or where to find them. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

There's 6 Vaults.  All have lossless copies available.   They're up on the more (grey market) places of the internet.
    grey market?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Live From The Vault Vol. 1 Metro Centre  2/2/95
    Live From The Vault Vol. 2 - 2002-10-26 - Austin, Texas
    Live From The Vault Vol. 3 Copps Colosseum  2007.2.6
    Live From The Vault Vol. 4 La Luna
    Live From The Vault Vol. 5 - 2004-10-06 - Los Angeles, California
    Live From The Vault Vol. 6 - 1996-08-17 - Cleveland, Ohio

I have mp3s of them all because when they were available I didn't know any better. Volume 4 I ripped the CD so I've got the FLAC for that one. Would happily buy lossless of the others too if I could find them.
    I am wired and fading...
    has anyone been able to find old posters from shows? I know they probably weren't given much attention as PJ ones. I caught the Hip in '98 or '99 summer outside Detroit and summer 2000, I believe, at the Minnieapolis/St.Paul zoo.
    LukinAtU said:
    has anyone been able to find old posters from shows? I know they probably weren't given much attention as PJ ones. I caught the Hip in '98 or '99 summer outside Detroit and summer 2000, I believe, at the Minnieapolis/St.Paul zoo.
    Not really.  I've looked for posters from shows I saw in '09 and '02, but they seem very scarce.   I guess the tragically hip community wasn't as eager about them, so if they exist, the runs must be small.    I did notice that many of them are for whole tours instead of single shows.    I do have one I bought for the Final Tour.   At least there's one up in the house :)
  • toolietoolie Posts: 388
    Holy that sounds pretty exciting!!! Thanks for sharing 😀
    They must have a TON of live recordings they could put out.
    Similar to PJ they had a vault series which made it to Vault 6.  That makes me thing the recorded a great many of their shows.
  • RoeDawg13RoeDawg13 Posts: 246
    I'd love some HD FLAC rereleases of albums, live concerts, demos, unreleased stuff. Anything at all. PJ and the Hip were my 1a and 1b growing up.
    I am wired and fading...
    they had a 50% sale on their webstore on father's day, fuck me i forgot about it. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Dang!!! Just on downloads or vinyl too? 
    toolie said:
    Dang!!! Just on downloads or vinyl too? 
    Merch i know for sure. not sure about music
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

seems things are happening now that Jake Gold is back managing their affairs. bringing back Tales From The Hip. can't wait for whatever unreleased music comes out. there is apparently a LOT. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Ya it would sure be nice to have a Lost Dogs type album. Or starting the vault shows again.  
  • GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,502
    edited June 2020
     I have absolutely zero facts behind this, and I just want to make sure that part is clear...but I think a short tour happens in the next 5 years with the lead singer of the Trews.

but I'm really hoping for b-sides and live record releases.
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024: