20. Bobcaygeon

21. Gift Shop
    22. Flamenco
    23. Ahead By A Century

24. Boots or Hearts
    25. Blow at High Dough
  • evsgjamm said:

I have a painful story:

Scored Floor, Row 9 to the Calgary show which is happening right now as we speak.
    Got called out to work this morning and had to leave the city.
    No refunds. No exchanges.
    Two empty seats... SWEET SEATS.... and two unused tickets just sitting at the fucking will call window right now.
    FYI: This isn't a job I can quit or call in sick for or delay. When the call comes, you go.... bad fucking luck and horrible fucking timing.
    Spent 3 hours on the phone this morning with Ticketmaster AND their ticket insurance company, Allianz... I bought ticket protector insurance for this exact scenario... thought I was being pretty damn responsible!!! But nooooooOOOOOOOO the fucktards at both companies wouldn't help me out in any way. Wouldn't even exchange the tickets over to my own fucking fiance, who was coming to the show with me. Useless pricks!!
    I'm a grumpy ass mother fucker today folks.

So that ticket insurance extra sell job they shove at you is horseshit? Noted. F**kers. Insurance companies blow.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,941
    The will call thing isn't that hard. I don't even think they check ID, they swipe the credit card that was used to purchase the tickets. Theoretically if you have a trustworthy friend you could give them that CC to pick up the tickets (and maybe lend them on of your id's just in case). They just pretend to be you. I did that once, no problems.

I've never bought the ticket insurance thing as I'm too cheap. I guess you would need to read the fineprint of what they constitute as an emergency. That kind of sucks.
  • 2016-07-30 - Edmonton, Alberta
    1. Blow at High Dough
    2. Opiated
    3. Boots or Hearts
    4. New Orleans is Sinking
    5. In a World Possessed by the Human Mind
    6. Tired as F*ck
    7. What Blue
    8. Machine
    9. Now the Struggle Has a Name
    10. The Last Recluse
    11. Coffee Girl
    12. Morning Moon
    13. Courage
    14. At the Hundredth Meridian
    15. Wheat Kings
    16. Fifty Mission Cap
    17. Gift Shop
    18. Don't Wake Daddy
    19. Springtime in Vienna
    20. Ahead by a Century
    --
    21. Greasy Jungle
    22. Scared
    23. Grace, Too
    --
    24. Fireworks
    25. Bobcaygeon

Was lucky enough to be in the 4th row for this show! amazing energy and a show I won't ever forget!
    "This melody, inside of me, still searches for a solution."
  • weddingparadeweddingparade Posts: 1,179
    a good show indeed, UseUrillusions. the highlights for me would have been. struggle, last recluse, morning moon(love that cd)
    if they decide to play the depression suite i will lose it. same as vaccination scar, among many others.
    the ontario shows are coming up and i got 6 of them booked. in a weird and twisted way i'm looking at the recent setlists and trying to figure out what songs i will mostly likely cry like a little baby. for your show...wheat kings and ahead by a century get the nod ;)
  • chiwhitesoxchiwhitesox Chicago Posts: 696
    Wow. Can't imagine what this must be like to see...saying goodbye to the frontman of your band? Seeing them perform one last time? What the fuck
    - Chicago G

chicago98-chicago00-chicago03-east troy03-chicago06-chicago09-east troy11_2-chicago13-moline14-milwaukee14-lexington16-chicago16_1-chicago16_2-chicago18_1-chicago18_2
    2016-08-03 - Calgary, Alberta
    1. New Orleans is Sinking
    2. Opiated
    3. Boots or Hearts
    4. Blow at High Dough
    5. In A World Possessed By The Human Mind
    6. In Sarnia
    7. What Blue
    8. Machine

9. Thugs
    10. Greasy Jungle
    11. Scared
    12. Grace Too
    13. Use It Up*
    14. It’s A Good Life If You Don’t Weaken*
    15. Throwing Off Glass*
    16. Dire Wolf*
    17. Gift Shop
    18. Don’t Wake Daddy
    19. Ahead By A Century
    20. Springtime in Vienna

21. Fireworks
    22. Bobcaygeon
    23. Poets

24. Wheat Kings
    25. Courage
  • chiwhitesoxchiwhitesox Chicago Posts: 696

2016-08-03 - Calgary, Alberta
    1. New Orleans is Sinking
    2. Opiated
    3. Boots or Hearts
    4. Blow at High Dough
    5. In A World Possessed By The Human Mind
    6. In Sarnia
    7. What Blue
    8. Machine

9. Thugs
    10. Greasy Jungle
    11. Scared
    12. Grace Too
    13. Use It Up*
    14. It’s A Good Life If You Don’t Weaken*
    15. Throwing Off Glass*
    16. Dire Wolf*
    17. Gift Shop
    18. Don’t Wake Daddy
    19. Ahead By A Century
    20. Springtime in Vienna

21. Fireworks
    22. Bobcaygeon
    23. Poets

24. Wheat Kings
    25. Courage

Played It's a good life...

Wow!
    - Chicago G

chicago98-chicago00-chicago03-east troy03-chicago06-chicago09-east troy11_2-chicago13-moline14-milwaukee14-lexington16-chicago16_1-chicago16_2-chicago18_1-chicago18_2
    2 Tragically Hip ticket scalpers arrested in police sting ahead of Winnipeg show
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/winnipeg-tragically-hip-ticket-scalper-1.3707144

"A lot of people are passionate about this group," Winnipeg police Const. Rob Carver said. "I think in this instance, we felt we had an obligation to address this, so while we don't do this as a normal course, it was done in this case I think to send a message."
    edited August 2016
    Post edited by weddingparade on
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited August 2016

2 Tragically Hip ticket scalpers arrested in police sting ahead of Winnipeg show
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/winnipeg-tragically-hip-ticket-scalper-1.3707144

"A lot of people are passionate about this group," Winnipeg police Const. Rob Carver said. "I think in this instance, we felt we had an obligation to address this, so while we don't do this as a normal course, it was done in this case I think to send a message."

I had no idea scalping is illegal in Manitoba. It's perfectly legal on all levels in Vancouver, including on the street, as long as they don't do it on the venue's actual property (a rule that I've never seen enforced). I wish this anti-scalping law were federal! So how is it legal for ticketmaster to resell it's own tickets through their own secondary ticket business scam there? Or to buy from stubhub? Is that okay as long as the seller isn't based in the province? It's still legal to buy marked up tickets from other provinces online I guess? I gather from this story that the law is normally never enforced, but do you know what's actually legal and what's not?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    PJ_Soul said:

I had no idea scalping is illegal in Manitoba. It's perfectly legal on all levels in Vancouver, including on the street, as long as they don't do it on the venue's actual property (a rule that I've never seen enforced). I wish this anti-scalping law were federal! So how is it legal for ticketmaster to resell it's own tickets through their own secondary ticket business scam there? Or to buy from stubhub? Is that okay as long as the seller isn't based in the province? It's still legal to buy marked up tickets from other provinces online I guess? I gather from this story that the law is normally never enforced, but do you know what's actually legal and what's not?
    I really wish they'd enforce it. but people can get around it by saying something stupid like "tragically hip t shirt: $800 plus free tickets!"
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,225
    RobbyD462 said:

Close to the Save On there isnt that much.
    There is a Kareoke bar right close called Sopranos but as far as food goes Id eat downtown then come to the arena.
    Pagliachis is amazing if you like italian food.
    It gets busy so its best to be there when they open for dinner at 5 i think.
    Places like Earls or the Cactus club on Douglas arent too bad.
    Depends what your hungry for.....
    </blockquote

Lol, i was just reading this, Sopranos closed over 2 years ago Robby! Haha

UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,225
    Anyone goin to a future show able to grab me a shirt, kickin myself for not grabbing one at the show.
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
    Horse2345 said:

RobbyD462 said:

Close to the Save On there isnt that much.
    There is a Kareoke bar right close called Sopranos but as far as food goes Id eat downtown then come to the arena.
    Pagliachis is amazing if you like italian food.
    It gets busy so its best to be there when they open for dinner at 5 i think.
    Places like Earls or the Cactus club on Douglas arent too bad.
    Depends what your hungry for.....

Shows how much I get out lol
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

half hour then beers then HIP. merch booth outside is already open! they are becoming PJ!!!
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited August 2016
    I don't buy merch, but I did notice that, at least in Vancouver, maybe at other shows too, they had a booth set up in cooperation with Bang-On, a well-liked custom t-shirt franchise. They were making Hip t-shirts on demand, with a choice of a ton of different band artwork and your choice of many different coloured shirts. I thought that was a really good idea.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:

I don't buy merch, but I did notice that, at least in Vancouver, maybe at other shows too, they had a booth set up in cooperation with Bang-On, a well-liked custom t-shirt franchise. They were making Hip t-shirts on demand, with a choice of a ton of different band artwork and your choice of many different coloured shirts. I thought that was a really good idea.

yeah, I thought that is really neat. I hope they have either the Gus Polar Bear art, or the Witch doctor from IBE.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited August 2016

Played It's a good life...

Wow!

indeed
    that tune is such a golden nugget
    gord is one of the greatest poets
    a forest of whispering speakers
    have fun in the peg tonite everyone! london on monday!!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85k4RxqRyv8
    Post edited by weddingparade on
  • maynardsuxmaynardsux Posts: 1,085
    still on the search for 2 for the London show Monday....thanks
    '93 Toronto
    '94 Detroit
    '10 Columbus
    '11 Detroit (Eddie solo), Toronto 1 and 2, Ottawa, Hamilton
    '13 London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    '14 Detroit
    '16 Ottawa, Toronto 1 and 2, Chicago 1 and 2
    '18 Chicago 1 and 2
    '22 Hamilton, Toronto
    http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-tragically-hip/2016/mts-centre-winnipeg-mb-canada-23fca8b7.html

I was in tears for the first 4 or so songs. Then the celebration took over. Amazing night.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-tragically-hip/2016/mts-centre-winnipeg-mb-canada-23fca8b7.html

I was in tears for the first 4 or so songs. Then the celebration took over. Amazing night.

Pigeon Camera!!

I wish the Peg could have had 2 shows, like most of the rest of the country. I mean, they skipped Saskatchewan, aren't playing any western ontario dates. Winnipeg was a tough ticket to get for so many people. Many friends shut out (reminds me of PJ shows). Can't believe I was so fortunate to get seats in the lower bowl near the stage. And it's just crazy how many good songs they COULD have played but didn't have the time for.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Victoria should have got two as well one just isn't enough!
    They still have yet to play Nautical Disaster.

wonder what the likelihood is that we'll get some type of crazy box set later this year. unreleased, b sides, dvd, etc.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

I almost always listen to a band non-stop leading up to a show. then I take a break after the show. PJ included. not this time. Can't stop listening to the Hip/Gord solo since friday.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

I almost always listen to a band non-stop leading up to a show. then I take a break after the show. PJ included. not this time. Can't stop listening to the Hip/Gord solo since friday.

You just reminded me that I have never once listened to Gord solo. I don't have any reason as to why not.... I basically just forgot to. I don't even know what to expect. I guess I should give it a whirl!
    PJ_Soul said:

You just reminded me that I have never once listened to Gord solo. I don't have any reason as to why not.... I basically just forgot to. I don't even know what to expect. I guess I should give it a whirl!
    Be warned. the first record (coke machine glow) is sort of weird. the second record (battle of the nudes) is REALLY weird. the third record (the grand bounce) is way more accessible. his record with the sadies, whom I don't like on their own, is very good.

I am now regretting passing on seeing him solo on his tour for Grand Bounce.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

PJ_Soul said:

Be warned. the first record (coke machine glow) is sort of weird. the second record (battle of the nudes) is REALLY weird. the third record (the grand bounce) is way more accessible. his record with the sadies, whom I don't like on their own, is very good.

I am now regretting passing on seeing him solo on his tour for Grand Bounce.
    I like weird. :)