Comments

• Options
    SolarWorldSolarWorld Posts: 1,902
    the new guitar has over 100 buttons.
  • Options
    uglybabouglybabo Posts: 518
    OGT92 wrote:
    uglybabo wrote:
    I just got RockBand 3; there's a pamphlet that reads 'Pearl Jam in Rock Band! Look for Backspacer and Ten available now in the Rockband Music Store.'

then it shows this website:

http://www.rockband.com/pearljam

Maybe something coming soon. A new website to announce two albums that have been available for over a year seems weird.

It's mentioned because there are new peripherals for Rock Band 3. i.e. keyboard, harmonies, new guitar etc. They are making the PJ albums work with these new features. That's my understanding anyway. Did you get the game with the new guitar ( 17 buttons) or are you using the old style?

Still using the old Rockband 2 guitar; the keyboard does not work with any of the Pearl Jam songs - I don't have it, but when you bring up the songs in the menu they all say 'no part' for keyboards.
  • Options
    SolarWorldSolarWorld Posts: 1,902
    uglybabo wrote:
    OGT92 wrote:
    uglybabo wrote:
    I just got RockBand 3; there's a pamphlet that reads 'Pearl Jam in Rock Band! Look for Backspacer and Ten available now in the Rockband Music Store.'

then it shows this website:

http://www.rockband.com/pearljam

Maybe something coming soon. A new website to announce two albums that have been available for over a year seems weird.

It's mentioned because there are new peripherals for Rock Band 3. i.e. keyboard, harmonies, new guitar etc. They are making the PJ albums work with these new features. That's my understanding anyway. Did you get the game with the new guitar ( 17 buttons) or are you using the old style?

Still using the old Rockband 2 guitar; the keyboard does not work with any of the Pearl Jam songs - I don't have it, but when you bring up the songs in the menu they all say 'no part' for keyboards.

How about other rock band 2 songs?
  • Options
    OGT92OGT92 Posts: 1,588
    SolarWorld wrote:
    the new guitar has over 100 buttons.

17 buttons per string is what I meant smart ass. Didn't know I had to spell it out. :D j/k
    "I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave up reading." - Henry Youngman
  • Options
    I didn't import the Rockband 2 songs yet - but I don't think the keyboards are compatable with any of the old DLC.
  • Options
    Is it safe to assume that the "Rock Band Project" is dead (much like the reissue campaign)? :?
    "I'll end up alone like I began..."

"You need the patience of like a National Geographic photographer sitting underneath the bush in a tent, trying to get a picture of zebras fucking or something for the first time." -Eddie Vedder
  • Options
    Well, the website is just a bio page; no coming soon or anything of that sort.

If it was just around the corner, you would think they would announce it around the launch of the new game. The Doors are out and they have already said Bon Jovi, Billy Joel and John Lennon are coming over the next few weeks/months.

I'd rather have another album than live tracks anyway.
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,010
    uglybabo wrote:
    Well, the website is just a bio page; no coming soon or anything of that sort.

If it was just around the corner, you would think they would announce it around the launch of the new game. The Doors are out and they have already said Bon Jovi, Billy Joel and John Lennon are coming over the next few weeks/months.

I'd rather have another album than live tracks anyway.
    The Doors have a game out?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    jamburgerjamburger Posts: 1,775
    Before the game was out, the rumor was that the Pearl Jam dlc was built with harmonies that would be playable on RB3. I forgot to look though when I played :oops:

To be honest though, the first thing I thought of when I opened the case and saw the ad for the PJ dlc was that Harmonix is trying to gauge consumer interest in additional dlc, by giving a final push to the two years old Ten and the one year old Backspacer albums.
  • Options
    jamburgerjamburger Posts: 1,775
    LukinFan wrote:

DLC...
    Hey gang,

We announced the epic Rock Band 3 launch DLC from The Doors last week, but here's the rest of the juicy details! The full track list, pack info, pricing and the rundown on how to get 3 FREE SONGS (with Pro upgrades!) from one of the most legendary rock bands of all time. The free songs will only be available for the first week, and only through the in game store, so don't forget to pick up RB3 on launch day... that's next Tuesday, 10/26! We're almost there!

Available on Xbox 360, Wii and PlayStation 3 system (Oct. 26):

“Light My Fire” X (Free from Oct. 26 – Nov. 1 in game, features Pro Guitar and Pro Bass)
    “Riders on the Storm” X (Free from Oct. 26 – Nov. 1 in game, features Pro Guitar and Pro Bass)
    “Touch Me” X (Free from Oct. 26 – Nov. 1 in game, features Pro Guitar and Pro Bass)
    “Hello, I Love You”
    “L.A. Woman”
    “Love Her Madly”
    “Love Me Two Times”
    “Peace Frog”
    “People Are Strange”
    “Roadhouse Blues”
    “Soul Kitchen”
    “The Crystal Ship”

(All tracks are original master recordings)

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation 3 system Oct. 27)

These tracks will be available as “The Doors RB3 FREE Launch Pack” and “The Doors Greatest Hits: Special Edition” on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 system and as “The Doors Greatest Hits: Special Edition,” which will include the three free tracks, or as individual, free singles (“Light My Fire,” “Riders on the Storm” and “Touch Me” only) on Wii. Tracks marked with “X” will include Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions. Beginning Nov. 2, these tracks will be available as “The Doors Greatest Hits: Special Edition” on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 system and Wii, or as individual downloads.

Price:
    FREE! – The Doors RB3 FREE Launch 3 Pack – PS3/Xbox

1200 MSP, $14.99 USD, £7.49 UK, €10.99 EU for The Doors Greatest Hits: Special Edition 9 Pack – PS3/XBox

FREE! – The Doors 3 separate singles - Wii

FREE! – The Doors 3 Pro Guitar and Pro Bass upgrades – Wii

1,500 Wii Points™ for 12-song pack, which includes the free Doors tracks

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **
  • Options
    gibbitsgibbits Posts: 500
    I thought it was a good sign that Pearl Jam was the only artist with DLC that supported harmonies (besides Greenday who has their own game). I wonder if they were set up this way for Rockband 3, or if they were set up like thatwith the PJ Rockband project in mind
  • Options
    jamburger wrote:
    LukinFan wrote:

DLC...
    Hey gang,

We announced the epic Rock Band 3 launch DLC from The Doors last week, but here's the rest of the juicy details! The full track list, pack info, pricing and the rundown on how to get 3 FREE SONGS (with Pro upgrades!) from one of the most legendary rock bands of all time. The free songs will only be available for the first week, and only through the in game store, so don't forget to pick up RB3 on launch day... that's next Tuesday, 10/26! We're almost there!

Available on Xbox 360, Wii and PlayStation 3 system (Oct. 26):

“Light My Fire” X (Free from Oct. 26 – Nov. 1 in game, features Pro Guitar and Pro Bass)
    “Riders on the Storm” X (Free from Oct. 26 – Nov. 1 in game, features Pro Guitar and Pro Bass)
    “Touch Me” X (Free from Oct. 26 – Nov. 1 in game, features Pro Guitar and Pro Bass)
    “Hello, I Love You”
    “L.A. Woman”
    “Love Her Madly”
    “Love Me Two Times”
    “Peace Frog”
    “People Are Strange”
    “Roadhouse Blues”
    “Soul Kitchen”
    “The Crystal Ship”

(All tracks are original master recordings)

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation 3 system Oct. 27)

These tracks will be available as “The Doors RB3 FREE Launch Pack” and “The Doors Greatest Hits: Special Edition” on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 system and as “The Doors Greatest Hits: Special Edition,” which will include the three free tracks, or as individual, free singles (“Light My Fire,” “Riders on the Storm” and “Touch Me” only) on Wii. Tracks marked with “X” will include Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions. Beginning Nov. 2, these tracks will be available as “The Doors Greatest Hits: Special Edition” on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 system and Wii, or as individual downloads.

Price:
    FREE! – The Doors RB3 FREE Launch 3 Pack – PS3/Xbox

1200 MSP, $14.99 USD, £7.49 UK, €10.99 EU for The Doors Greatest Hits: Special Edition 9 Pack – PS3/XBox

FREE! – The Doors 3 separate singles - Wii

FREE! – The Doors 3 Pro Guitar and Pro Bass upgrades – Wii

1,500 Wii Points™ for 12-song pack, which includes the free Doors tracks

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **
    stupid question, but can Rock Band 3 games (like The Doors) work on Rock Band 2?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    The Doors is the first Rockband 3 DLC and it is not compatable with Rockband 2.

But if you get Rockband 3 all the old downloads work fine.

So old stuff works with new stuff, but new stuff doesn't work with the old game.
  • Options
    uglybabo wrote:
    The Doors is the first Rockband 3 DLC and it is not compatable with Rockband 2.

But if you get Rockband 3 all the old downloads work fine.

So old stuff works with new stuff, but new stuff doesn't work with the old game.
    cool- thanks
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    KEEP HOPE ALIVE!!
    I am the artist formally known as "Cameron4President"....
    1998: Va Beach VA
    2000: Va Beach VA, Columbia MD
    2003: Raleigh NC, Bristow VA
    2008: Washington DC
    2009: Philly 3
    2010: Bristow VA
    2013: Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Charlotte NC
    2014: Cincinnati, OH
    2016: Hampton, VA, Raleigh, NC
  • Options
    Based on the Sirius show...looks like this project has been shelved indefintely due to poor reception for recent Rockband releases. I am pretty bummed. I would love to have some Versus, Vitalogy, No Code and Yield era stuff to play.
  • Options
    OGT92OGT92 Posts: 1,588
    luketheuke wrote:
    Based on the Sirius show...looks like this project has been shelved indefintely due to poor reception for recent Rockband releases. I am pretty bummed. I would love to have some Versus, Vitalogy, No Code and Yield era stuff to play.

Not what I wanted to read, but what are you going to do? Thanks for the update.
    "I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave up reading." - Henry Youngman
  • Options
    luketheuke wrote:

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :cry:
    I am the artist formally known as "Cameron4President"....
    1998: Va Beach VA
    2000: Va Beach VA, Columbia MD
    2003: Raleigh NC, Bristow VA
    2008: Washington DC
    2009: Philly 3
    2010: Bristow VA
    2013: Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Charlotte NC
    2014: Cincinnati, OH
    2016: Hampton, VA, Raleigh, NC
  • Options
    With the end of weekly downloadable content, Harmonix had a panel at PAX to discuss Rockband. They mentioned that a Pearl Jam game was worked on but cancelled. Apparently there was concept art shown.

http://www.gamespot.com/events/pax-east ... id=6405830

"The Cambridge, Mass. developer also today showed off a proof-of-concept video for Rock Band: Led Zeppelin, along with images and video for installments based on bands Pink Floyd and Pearl Jam. Harmonix previously denied doing any official work on a Led Zeppelin Rock Band game.

The Pearl Jam Rock Band project was announced in 2009, before it was later canceled for unknown reasons. The developer explained that this game was going to place its focus on the Seattle-based group's live performances. A still image depicting singer/guitarist Eddie Vedder and other members of the group was shown."
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,090
    So close... :/
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,939
    Harmonix's tour of Pearl Jam and Japan games, music licensing and more Rock Band history

By Samit Sarkar on Mar 25, 2013

"We are here not to bury Rock Band, but to praise it," began Aaron Trites, community manager for Harmonix Music Systems, at the Rock Band panel during PAX East 2013. But in eulogizing the Rock Band franchise — last month, Harmonix announced its regular schedule of downloadable song releases would end on April 2 — the studio also put to rest some longtime questions about incidents in its five-and-a-half-year history, and gave its fans some closure.

After noting they would try to tread carefully, lest they draw the ire of the studio's legal team or burn bridges with the music industry, the four Harmonix panelists launched into a fascinating hour of discussion about everything that went into the bulk of making Rock Band happen: licensing songs for use in the game. The studio also shed some light on what John Drake, the company's director of brand management and public relations, called "moments of turbulence and confusion" — a few hiccups along the way.

Drake and Trites first turned the panel over to Chris Rigopulos, vice president of music operations (and brother of CEO Alex Rigopulos). Rigopulos gave a comprehensive overview of the vicissitudes of licensing music for Rock Band, and as he went on, the crowd's level of wonder grew.

""We are here not to bury Rock Band, but to praise it""

Rigopulos began by noting that in order to get a full master recording in Rock Band, Harmonix had to license both the composition (the written song — notes and words) and the recording (a particular version of the song we might know, like the original album cut or a live version or a later re-recording). The writing credit goes to the individual people responsible for creating the song; other parties involved in the process include managers, publishers and record labels, while important considerations include compensation and international rights.

Four major roadblocks to music licensing existed for Harmonix: The artist could've simply declined; relationships between rights holders could've been strained from bad breakups; the money the studio offered might not have been enough; or the multi-track masters might not have been available.

Rigopulos illustrated with a flowchart the complex web of parties and relationships that had to be contacted and negotiated with before a song could appear in the game:

Next, the panelists shifted to mishaps on the part of Harmonix, former Rock Band publisher MTV Games and the artists themselves.

"In Rock Band's infancy, we were a precocious, scrappy gang," said Trites. "We would sometimes get overexcited and maybe say, 'Hey, this thing's coming,'" except it may never actually have arrived.

Aside from DLC announcements that didn't pan out, like The Who's Who's Next and Nirvana's Nevermind, Rock Band's history is dotted with two major premature announcements: Rock Band: Japan and a Pearl Jam game.

Drake said Harmonix was tremendously excited for Rock Band: Japan — "so excited that we announced it, which was a mistake." (The studio's press release, dated June 2, 2008, is still up on the Rock Band forums.) Rock Band: Japan was a Rock Band title for all intents and purposes, although it contained Japanese music and was fully localized for the country. According to Harmonix, it fell through because "international licensing is very hard," and because the game's bulky plastic instruments were poorly suited to the small living rooms that homes in Japan tend to have.

"We actually made this game for a while," said Drake, while showing footage of the main menu and gameplay (without audio, since Harmonix didn't have the rights to the songs).

""we would sometimes get overexcited""

The next time something similar happened, it was the band that jumped the gun. Pearl Jam announced on May 11, 2009, that it was working on a "forthcoming Rock Band project" with Harmonix and MTV Games, and asked fans to vote on "the best versions of Pearl Jam live songs" for inclusion in the game. (See the press release here.)

"Are you sure that band's ready to announce that we're working on a game with them?" said Drake, giving the audience an idea of Harmonix's reaction.

Pearl Jam: Rock Band was in development for some time as a title focused on bringing the experience of a Pearl Jam live show to life in Rock Band. Harmonix was planning to use many live recordings in the game, and the studio put footage from live performances as well as art from the band's 2009 album, Backspacer, behind the traditional Rock Band note highways. The panelists showed mock-ups of the interface, since Harmonix's lawyers prevented them from playing even silent footage. As for why Pearl Jam: Rock Band never materialized, the panelists implied that lackluster sales of another band-centric game, 2010's Green Day: Rock Band, led the studio to cancel it.

Harmonix closed the panel by going through three of the franchise's most-requested bands: Muse, Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin.

Muse became something of a cause célèbre for Rock Band fans: Harmonix has counted 616,738 individual requests for the band since the October 2010 launch of Rock Band 3. As for Pink Floyd, which is one of Rigopulos' favorite bands, Drake said Harmonix "had good conversations [with the band]; it just never came together."

""Are you sure that band's ready to announce that we're working on a game with them?""

The studio wanted to reiterate to its fans that it hadn't been ignoring their requests — they tried over and over again, even producing proof-of-concept pieces to demonstrate to the artists how cool a Floyd or Zeppelin game could be. Drake showed a mock-up of a Pink Floyd Rock Band title with appropriately psychedelic art, and an animatic for a Led Zeppelin game featuring digital versions of lead singer Robert Plant and the other band members.

Drake quickly followed up with a clarification, saying, "We were never actually at a point where [Led Zeppelin: Rock Band] was a game that we were working on."

When Rock Band's weekly DLC schedule ends on April 2 with Don McLean's "American Pie," Harmonix will have released new songs for 281 consecutive weeks; the series' music library will contain a total of 4,254 songs from 1,657 artists. And Rock Band songs have been downloaded more than 130 million times to date.

When the panel ended, the audience gave Harmonix a standing ovation.
  • Options
    PJStatTrackerPJStatTracker Posts: 2,400
    very interesting. Thanks for posting! Too bad it didn't come together, but the craze came and went pretty quickly. Would've been fun though!
    Download the unofficial <a href="http://bit.ly/PJStatTracker">Pearl Jam Stat Tracker</a> app for iPhone/iPad. It's <em>FREE.</em>

PM me with any comments or suggestions for the app - or weigh in <a href="http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=167611
    ">here</a>.
    or
    <a href="http://www.facebook.com/pjstattracker">Join the discussion on facebook</a>

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    Please get in cahoots with Ubisoft and release (more) songs for Rocksmith 2014!
  • Options
    JedJed New York City Posts: 1,138
    Where is that list of the best versions of the songs? I know I voted for a bunch of them and would love to have the list of what was voted as the best versions.
  • Options
    gibbitsgibbits Posts: 500
    MayDay10 wrote:
    Please get in cahoots with Ubisoft and release (more) songs for Rocksmith 2014!

You should google smithy anvil ;)
  • Options
    sparky_frysparky_fry Posts: 760
    harmonixmusic.com/blog/rock-band-4-announced/

With rock band starting up again is there any chance of this ever being done ?
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,939
    edited August 2015
    Rock Band 4 - Pearl Jam "Even Flow" Gameplay - Gamescom 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoVdN2-7kPw
    Post edited by demetrios on
  • Options
    rock band still exist?
    Santiago I 2005
    Santiago II 2005
    West Palm Beach 2008
    Alpine Valley PJ20 I 2011