Options

Toronto Pearl Jam Pre-Party & Fundraiser!

Comments

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,663
    C'mon , C'mon , C'mon , C'mon yeah!
    C'mon down .. to the brazen head irish pub in toronto! ;)

HPIM0014-1.jpg
  • Options
    uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    it's looking more & more likely that i will be coming, but i'm not commiting to anything.

just a heads up to anyone wanting to smoke some weed at the show: i was at the amphitheatre two days ago, and security was enforcing a tight no-substance policy, with immediate ejection from the venue. didn't stop me and most the audience from lighting up, but we did see a bunch of people being asked to leave. shit was a lot easier to do during the headliner though.
  • Options
    Dirty TomDirty Tom Posts: 883
    That's a shame!
    http://www.fancorps.com/wishlistfoundation/view/25753|187003.jpg

"This is the greatest band in the world"---Ben Harper

• Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,996
    it's looking more & more likely that i will be coming, but i'm not commiting to anything.

just a heads up to anyone wanting to smoke some weed at the show: i was at the amphitheatre two days ago, and security was enforcing a tight no-substance policy, with immediate ejection from the venue. didn't stop me and most the audience from lighting up, but we did see a bunch of people being asked to leave. shit was a lot easier to do during the headliner though.
    I actually had a funny experience with a security guard at Radiohead. I was basically at the barrier (at the Amphitheatre last year), and the guy was all easy-going and such, being friendly, making conversation... at one point he goes "I hear Radiohead's got quite the light show... I hope you're all flying high!" or something along those lines. Later on in the night during Radiohead's set he gave me crap for smoking weed.... "I told you to COME high, not GET high!"
    I thought it was funny.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    that sound pretty funny.

there is a special molson amphitheatre section of the toronto star newspaper today, so here's a few tidbits:

of the 29 concerts listed there for the summer, ONLY pearl jam has been listed as sold out. we rock.

the amphitheatre also offers "a designated driver program for those who choose to have an alcohol free evening. please see [their] guest services booth by gate 2 for more details." probably free brown pop or something.
  • Options
    that sound pretty funny.

there is a special molson amphitheatre section of the toronto star newspaper today, so here's a few tidbits:

of the 29 concerts listed there for the summer, ONLY pearl jam has been listed as sold out. we rock.

the amphitheatre also offers "a designated driver program for those who choose to have an alcohol free evening. please see [their] guest services booth by gate 2 for more details." probably free brown pop or something.

cool!
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    that sound pretty funny.

cool!

it's good to point out to people that although the legal limit is 0.08, "if you’re caught driving with a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) from 0.05 to 0.08 (known as the 'warn range'), the police can immediately suspend your licence up to three days for a first occurrence..." (http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/safety ... .shtml#bac)
  • Options
    *first page edit! 8-)
  • Options
    How about a Toronto Post-Party with rearviewmirror live at Rock n Roll Heaven on Saturday Aug 22....www.pjtribute.com...
  • Options
    How about a Toronto Post-Party with rearviewmirror live at Rock n Roll Heaven on Saturday Aug 22....www.pjtribute.com...

i used to hit up that place all the time when it was the peel pub. rearviewmirror was great there last time, so i may just do dat. thanks for the info.
  • Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Just so everyone's aware, I just revieved the autographed Flight To Mars 2009 Klausen. It's also signed by Duff and everyone else that performed that night, and will be up for auction to benefit the Wishlist foundation.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=8 ... afb1ec0c62

Hope to see you all there!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    peacethugpeacethug Posts: 4
    Hello ever one i am NEW to the ten club and goin to be at the toronto show in aug is there any one eles goin to the show and if so where is ever goin to be hang out before the show................
  • Options
    peacethug wrote:
    Hello ever one i am NEW to the ten club and goin to be at the toronto show in aug is there any one eles goin to the show and if so where is ever goin to be hang out before the show................

Where? The Brazen Head Irish Pub, close to the Molson Ampitheatre where Pearl Jam will be playing. 8-)
  • Options
    Just so everyone's aware, I just revieved the autographed Flight To Mars 2009 Klausen. It's also signed by Duff and everyone else that performed that night, and will be up for auction to benefit the Wishlist foundation.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=8 ... afb1ec0c62

Hope to see you all there!

Thank you so much! :D:D:D
  • Options

i'm down! :)
  • Options
    so yeah, have you read?

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=100743

:mrgreen:
  • Options
    Hey D - my friend just told me he's good to come along, so you can put me down for two people! Can't wait.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    benjs wrote:
    Hey D - my friend just told me he's good to come along, so you can put me down for two people! Can't wait.

Awesome! :)
  • Options
    first page update, with goodies! :D
  • Options
    Great news!!! :)

I just got off the phone with Aleasha! It's ok! :D

From 3pm - 6pm .. all ages can attend the preparty. Just uder the ages of 18, you won't be able to be served booze!

music.gif
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

From 3pm - 6pm .. all ages can attend the preparty. Just uder the ages of 18, you won't be able to be served booze!

music.gif
    Awesome! See you then :mrgreen:

EV
  • Options
    benjs wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

music.gif
    Awesome! See you then :mrgreen:

8-)
  • Options
    supersarasupersara Posts: 57
    Jay123123 and myself will be there as well, thanks a tonne for organizing this!!!
  • Options
    * updated list! :)

1. Nixon from Detroit
    2. demetrios + my brother
    3. Ridin The Wave + 15 friends!
    4. keeponrockin + my brother
    5. SS25454
    6. Eduardo Veduardo
    7. Mrs. Eddiewouldknow + Mr. Eddiewouldknow
    8. 24veddie + 10
    9. Holden
    10. Arcticangel
    11. Sonic Reducer 76
    12. squizzlefritz + husband
    13. Muddy + muddy's friend
    14. Sheppy + girlfriend
    15. Mcam55 + 3
    16. Nuzpaper + 5
    17. like.echoes + 1
    18. Beddie Vedder + Julia
    19. smarchee + 2
    20. smalltownbeck
    21. RD171825 + 5
    22. tvismyfriend
    23. faceintheclouds + 3
    24. milarso + 1
    25. squid + 1
    26. billyruff + 1
    27. One Song Glory + 7
    28. Deebs41
    29. ThumbingMyWayToNFLD + 1
    30. paper tiger
    31. hinx +1
    32. ELI10 + 1
    33. vic in T.O. + 2-3
    34. allmyrivals + 2-3
    35. rjwhite19 + 1
    36. keeponrockin + 2
    37. paper tiger +1
    38. pjten77 +1
    39. Zidane +1
    40. pearljim +1
    50. mr_canada +1
    51. oneforeachday +1
    52. Ariel007
    53. DH257865 +1
    54. Hamz +1
    55. WWS +1
    56. Shadow +3
    57. harpmaplesweet + wife
    58. Ryan_WFC + 1
    59. benjs + 1
    60. Dirty Tom
    61. josevolution
    62. supersara
    63. Jay123123
    64. eofcake
    65. WashedInBlack

:D
  • Options
    YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    I'm planning to attend. This will be my first visit to Toronto and I'm very excited!
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,427
    Looks like a great bunch of people will be there can't wait .... :) .
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    we've got time, place, and peoples....any word on drink specials????
  • Options

i'll beg & see what i can do in the weeks ahead. but i'm sorry, as of right now, don't think there will be any drink specials.
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

i'll beg & see what i can do in the weeks ahead. but i'm sorry, as of right now, don't think there will be any drink specials.

ahhh thats fine. figured it was worth a shot
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

ahhh thats fine. figured it was worth a shot

:)

What I gotta try again are those Irish Car Bomb drink's. Got pretty hammered at the Santa Barbara Ed PreParty! Needed them so bad. Had to clear out the smog coming back that day from Las Vegas!