Options

Who the hell is running 10C?

13»

Comments

• Options
    eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    I'm with ye! 10c are swamped with probably tens of thousands of people all around the world and it's probably just a handful of people trying to manage it all..but in fairness would it not make more business sense to let everyone know in one go? i'm sure there's reasons they can't do that, it could simply be the band going 'hey let's add another show' ...thing is we'll never know. I think we've kinda been spoiled to a degree, but 10c ticketing has never really happened here in Europe before(i don't think anyways) so hopefully it'll go smoothly for 10c on the days and for us too.
  • Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    Cosmo wrote:
    Maybe the Ten/VHC should be disolved.
    Then, there would no longer be an excuse to complain about these things... we would all hear about the ticket sales from the TicketMonster.
    And a bonus plus... there wouldn't be any reason to complain about seniority.
    Then, everyone would be happy.

You know, that's how it was before we joined 10c. We always missed out on PJ shows and wondered how the hell the tickets went out so fast because we didn't have a chance with TicketMonster.

I remember looking at the Ten Club info on the CDs... Bobby, my hubby who was then my boyfriend, would be saying oh that's just for the teenagers. We were never part of any fan clubs so we didn't know how it operated at all. Whose fault is that? Ours.... :p

We couldn't even afford the scalpers because we were really broke - so broke that I'd collect pennies to purchase a pack of cigarettes! This was back in early 90's and before we had zillion kids *wink*. These were the best times of our life!

Then came PJ again here in Detroit in 1998, we missed out again. My brother got in and rather than giving his extra TM ticket to Bobby, he took his date....but she became his wife. ;) My brother said it was the best decision he made between Bobby and her. hahaha.

I'll never forget how incredibly bummed out Bobby was that day and I tried everything I could...but the brokers were way too expensive, just not possible. We had three kids by then.

2000 they came to Detroit again.... missed out again. Same problem. By then, we had this attitude: "That figures...we'll never get in unless we had more money for the tickets." Then life just went on.

2003 - missed out on the TM sales, too... I had been laid off and things were tough with a new recent 4th child. Bobby was staring at the TM screen and reading news about PJ. That's when I said well... let's look at the brokers and see what we can do... even though I knew it was going to hurt our budget. He said nah nah no... don't worry about it, I'll be fine... but I wasn't. It had to happen this time.

So we looked around for tickets for the 2nd Detroit show and with my two unemployment checks, I got us tickets from a broker.

Yes, that's the night EV bashed us about the corporation tickets... I was like :oops:

But good did come out of it - a kind pj fan in front of us told us about Ten Club and its perks. I was like hmmm I thought it was just for teenagers? She said to check it out and so we did.

We were kicking ourselves when we found out that we could have had opportunities through Ten Club all these years. :p But we said ah well at least we will from now on!

We have had more opportunities with Ten Club and had the pleasure of seeing PJ so many times! I don't frigging care about our "lousy" 10c #s!! We finally got in to see PJ! :mrgreen: Ten Club made it possible for us!

Not only that....we've made wonderful friends through 10c and friends do help each other out with their extras or selling their tickets for face value so we could get in!

So...with the fans in the PJ community, if Ten Club is not able to give them the tickets (whether it be lottery, sold out tickets, etc) - there is a network of devoted PJ fans willing to help out!

I love Ten Club and the PJ Community! :) Yes, I will dare use the term "Jamily". :P :mrgreen:
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII