Chicago Pearl Jam Pre-Parties, Fundraisers & Afterparties!

Comments

• Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,823
    I've got all the RSVPs added!! (I think?)
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • jambayleafjambayleaf Posts: 646
    This is at Moretttis?
    So now I'm drivin the bus- Kramer
    You're batman!- George
    Yeah...yeah...I AM batman!!- Kramer
  • Artists' Frame Service has agreed to donate four $25 giftcards :mrgreen: And there should be some more donations to come from Reckless Records and Beyond the Wall.

See y'all Sunday!
    "What happens when so many people agree on something? Can we take this beyond the parking lot when we leave tonight?" -EV, Iconoclasts
    jambayleaf wrote:
    This is at Moretttis?

Everything's at Moretti's. Except the concert, which is at the United Center. :mrgreen:
    Artists' Frame Service has agreed to donate four $25 giftcards :mrgreen: And there should be some more donations to come from Reckless Records and Beyond the Wall.

See y'all Sunday!

Maggie, my dear, you are a freekin ROCK STAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Yay for sponsorship!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Aw thanks :oops: I'm slow to get going but I always come through in the clutch :lol:
    "What happens when so many people agree on something? Can we take this beyond the parking lot when we leave tonight?" -EV, Iconoclasts
  • Dirty TomDirty Tom Posts: 883
    Aw thanks :oops: I'm slow to get going but I always come through in the clutch :lol:

Very nice!
    http://www.fancorps.com/wishlistfoundation/view/25753|187003.jpg

"This is the greatest band in the world"---Ben Harper

When somethings broke, I wanna put a bit of fixin on it
    When somethings bored, I wanna put a little exciting on it
    If somethings low, I wanna put a little high on it
    When somethings lost, I wanna fight to get it back again

T-minus 3 days!!! I'm getting psyched for it!
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Foxy Mop wrote:

Excellent after party munchies! What about breakfast? :mrgreen:
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    If they let me in the kitchen, I'll whip up eggs and bacon for a couple hundred people...
  • mindimindi Posts: 1,858
    Dirty Tom wrote:
    *** Pearl Jam Lyric Challenge Game! ***

What is it?
    Host Dirty Tom gives you a line from a song. You and your team must answer the line that comes after the line we give you, as well as the name of the song. Team who scores the most points wins.

When/where is it?
    At the Sunday fundraiser at Moretti's, approx 3:30 PM

What are the rules?

All lyrics will be taken directly from Pearl Jam's website under the MUSIC section
    All lyrics will be from studio released albums, including the Re-release of Ten. (9 albums total)
    Players will be split up into teams of 5. (Pre-selected teams are accepted. Sign up below.)
    Each team will have a "buzzer". Buzzer to be decided at event.
    A line from a song will be read, then each team will have the chance to "BUZZ-IN" with their answer
    After the Game Leader decides which team buzzed-in first, the team will have 15 seconds to complete the next phrase of the song, and name the song.
    Game Leader and a judge will decide if the team stated the phrase correctly. NO EXCEPTIONS!
    If answered correctly, the team will receive 5 points.
    If answered incorrectly, the remaining teams will have another chance to "BUZZ-IN"
    After a set limit…..the team with the most points wins.
    Prizes will be decided at event.
    No tantrums or spoilsports allowed. We will kick you out if you're disturbing the game
    We reserve the right to change the rules up until the time of Gameplay.

Team 1
    1. jambayleaf
    2. cindyl

Team 2
    1.QuarterToTen
    2. Kissedbyeddie

Team 3
    1. Mrs.wes.c.addle
    2. Mindi
    Cool I'm on a team?? :mrgreen: My daughter Emaline will be there too, but she usually makes up her own words to PJ songs. So I'm not sure how much help she will be. :lol:
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
    mindi wrote:
    Cool I'm on a team?? :mrgreen: My daughter Emaline will be there too, but she usually makes up her own words to PJ songs. So I'm not sure how much help she will be. :lol:

There should be a misheard lyrics game after the shows...
  • Wazzu206Wazzu206 Posts: 14
    RSVP for me +1
  • dislocateddislocated Posts: 599
    RSVP for me +1
  • mindimindi Posts: 1,858
    mindi wrote:

That would be awesome! :lol:
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
  • OJA76OJA76 Posts: 2
    RSVP for me +1
  • t0mMyet0mMye Posts: 821
    Looks like I will be hitting the show #2 par-T, bringing 3 with me :)

Only before the show most likely..
    Ten Club # 433608, when I am 80 I will be in the front row!
  • RSVP, +1, both nights before
  • Just went to my local Piggly Wiggly and got a bunch of canned veggies for the food pantry! I also have an '06 France Ames poster to donate for the raffle. Looking way forward to the weekend!!!
    "In certain trying circumstances...profanity furnishes a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain
  • ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    page 2?.... wrong!!!!

up it goes
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Just went to my local Piggly Wiggly and got a bunch of canned veggies for the food pantry! I also have an '06 France Ames poster to donate for the raffle. Looking way forward to the weekend!!!
    I am totally hitting up our Piggly Wiggly too! Yeah Sconnies!!! :lol:
  • mindi wrote:
    mindi wrote:

That would be awesome! :lol:
    She'll will be a great addition. We are on the same team- and my friend that is coming with sucks ass at any and all trivia games... Is there a prize for most enthusiastic losers??? Cause that be us!!!
  • OMG, is it Sunday yet?
    London's set list was phenomenal!
    http://www.pearljam.com/tour/show/o2-arena-aug-18-2009

This has been the longest week EVER!
    Can't wait to see and meet everyone!
    :mrgreen:
    Lollapalooza 2007
    Eddie Vedder 8-22-08
    Chicago 8-23-09
    Chicago 8-24-09

"The love received is the love that is saved" - Eddie Vedder
  • I'm in +1 WORD!!! 8/23
    It's Evolution Baby!!!!
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    A HURRICANE OF FLANNEL, BOOZE AND ANGST IS HEADING FOR CHICAGO..CATEGORY 5

(fair warning)
  • TavanCTavanC Posts: 27
    Between a crappy work week and seeing the tremendous set lists from the Europe shows, this week cannot get over soon enough!

Never been to a Chicago pre-party so really looking forward to seeing/meeting the rest of the PJ family, especially my fellow mid-westerners. Cannot wait to mark Thursday off my desk calendar.
  • TavanCTavanC Posts: 27
    FYI, because I am just too damn excited to sleep...

Has anyone checked out the weather in Chicago? Low 70s and 0% chance of precip, in Chicago...in August. This is going to be a great weekend!
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    After, both nights, +1
    2 days...