Chicago Pearl Jam Pre-Parties, Fundraisers & Afterparties!

Comments

• mvwmvw Posts: 1,687
    I can't concentrate on anything in my life right now. Hurry Sunday, hurry!!!!!
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    2 more hours of work, then the "pre "pre" pre-party...

5.5 more hours of "work" .......

Ouch! :D
  • jambayleafjambayleaf Posts: 646
    I wish I could go just sit on the plane now and wait.... well, maybe not that.
    So now I'm drivin the bus- Kramer
    You're batman!- George
    Yeah...yeah...I AM batman!!- Kramer
  • Just got done with work til Wednesday, haven't looked at a setlist yet, OCD is kicking in pretty good...ready to let the good times roll brothers and sisters!!!
    "In certain trying circumstances...profanity furnishes a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain
  • loadedgunloadedgun Posts: 1,389
    Just got done with work til Wednesday, haven't looked at a setlist yet, OCD is kicking in pretty good...ready to let the good times roll brothers and sisters!!!

I applaud you for not looking at a setlist yet. I had to check out each one shortly after it was done.
    Midwest. Indy/Lafayette.
  • loadedgun wrote:
    Just got done with work til Wednesday, haven't looked at a setlist yet, OCD is kicking in pretty good...ready to let the good times roll brothers and sisters!!!

I applaud you for not looking at a setlist yet. I had to check out each one shortly after it was done.
    yeah i watched as they were posted :? no self control
    loadedgun wrote:

yeah i watched as they were posted :? no self control

I wouldn't want to know a setlist in advance of a show, but looking at a setlist of a past show - I see no harm in that...
    The bad thing is I somewhat know what to expect. I'd almost rather be completely shocked that they are playing a certain song. But still, it's all gonna be a surprise.
    Midwest. Indy/Lafayette.
    loadedgun wrote:
    The bad thing is I somewhat know what to expect. I'd almost rather be completely shocked that they are playing a certain song. But still, it's all gonna be a surprise.

If by "know what to expect" you mean a kick-ass fucking show, you are right my friend!
    loadedgun wrote:

If by "know what to expect" you mean a kick-ass fucking show, you are right my friend!

I'll drink to that. T-minus 40 minutes and I'm out the door.
    Midwest. Indy/Lafayette.
  • Yeah, obviously I've got clued in on certain things just from seeing different thread titles. If these shows were later in the tour I'd have a harder time not checking. Wondering if we'll see any sort of tribute to Woodstock since there has been so much talk about it lately. Maybe we'll see Eddie do a Joe Cocker style "With a little Help from my Friends" lol

Looking for a Star Spangled banner from Mike too!
    "In certain trying circumstances...profanity furnishes a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain
  • luvisatowerluvisatower Posts: 1,078
    Yeah, obviously I've got clued in on certain things just from seeing different thread titles. If these shows were later in the tour I'd have a harder time not checking. Wondering if we'll see any sort of tribute to Woodstock since there has been so much talk about it lately. Maybe we'll see Eddie do a Joe Cocker style "With a little Help from my Friends" lol

Looking for a Star Spangled banner from Mike too!

oooooo either of these suggestions would be fantastic!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team
    http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament
  • ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    up!
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • t0mMyet0mMye Posts: 821
    Looks like I will be hitting the show #2 par-T, bringing 3 with me

Only before the show most likely..

Wrote this earlier but dont see my name added :(
    Ten Club # 433608, when I am 80 I will be in the front row!
  • Still room for me + 2? Hope so. See y'all in Chi-town!!

P.S. Anyone know of any good live music/parties going on Saturday night?
  • ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    tommyd1228 wrote:
    Still room for me + 2? Hope so. See y'all in Chi-town!!

Yes. It's open to everyone. See you there!
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • mvwmvw Posts: 1,687
    tommyd1228 wrote:
    Still room for me + 2? Hope so. See y'all in Chi-town!!

The Lakeview Music Fest is going on this weekend. It will be right across the street from Wrigley Field. Music goes from noon until about 10pm, but there are tons of bars and live music clubs around in that area. Check out the link if you're interested.

http://www.chicagoevents.com/event.cfm?eid=134
  • "My Wife" is comming with me,
    Sunday night we won't far drinking beers at Moretti's bar and watching Derrick Lee.
    We won't have polic protection a judo expert or a machine gun.
    We will see there about 5 o'clock ready to watch the boys rock!
    Count us in for a little sin.
    Cheers to all the broken hearted.
    um....

BUMP
    SPECIAL REQUEST -

I need a PJ lady at the pre-party to explain things to my girlfriend. Maybe she will listen to you...
  • Hey guys. I just found out I'm going to be in Chicago for both show days. But I'm without tickets! Can someone help a long time 10C member (180XXX) with tickets for night 1 or 2? Would love you forever!

Come to the pre-party! We keep a "Need a Ticket/Got an Extra" list going :)

So excited for the party on Sunday...looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting some new ones! Oh, yeah...and I heard there's going to be some kind of concert, too? Pearl Jam or something? :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    "What happens when so many people agree on something? Can we take this beyond the parking lot when we leave tonight?" -EV, Iconoclasts
    here i sit
  • SPECIAL REQUEST -

I need a PJ lady at the pre-party to explain things to my girlfriend. Maybe she will listen to you...

what does she need to know?
    Lollapalooza 2007
    Eddie Vedder 8-22-08
    Chicago 8-23-09
    Chicago 8-24-09

"The love received is the love that is saved" - Eddie Vedder
    SPECIAL REQUEST -

what does she need to know?

Why this band means so much to so many people. That's a good start...
  • luvisatowerluvisatower Posts: 1,078
    SPECIAL REQUEST -

we've got yer back brother!
    bring her on by the wishlist table, we'll explain everything to her.

also, maybe it would help if you directed her here
    http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.ph ... t#p2454231

at least she'll begin to understand some of the asethetic appeal :D
    Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team
    http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament
    SPECIAL REQUEST -

we've got yer back brother!
    bring her on by the wishlist table, we'll explain everything to her.

also, maybe it would help if you directed her here
    http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.ph ... t#p2454231

at least she'll begin to understand some of the asethetic appeal :D

Oh boy... lol
  • KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,096
    Hey guys. I just found out I'm going to be in Chicago for both show days. But I'm without tickets! Can someone help a long time 10C member (180XXX) with tickets for night 1 or 2? Would love you forever!

Come to the pre-party! We keep a "Need a Ticket/Got an Extra" list going :)

So excited for the party on Sunday...looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting some new ones! Oh, yeah...and I heard there's going to be some kind of concert, too? Pearl Jam or something? :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

there will be tickets at the party, I might even have an extra myself
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • Thanks mvw!! I think we'll check it out. Sounds great. See all you guys at the pre-party!! 24 hours, Woooooo!!
  • Please put me down + 1
  • Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,823
    up
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥