Chicago Pearl Jam Pre-Parties, Fundraisers & Afterparties!

Comments

• Foxy Mop wrote:
    *** Pearl Jam Lyric Challenge Game! ***

What is it?
    Host Dirty Tom gives you a line from a song. You and your team must answer the line that comes after the line we give you, as well as the name of the song. Team who scores the most points wins.

When/where is it?
    At the Sunday fundraiser at Moretti's, approx 3:30 PM

What are the rules?
    • All lyrics will be taken directly from Pearl Jam's website under the MUSIC section
    • All lyrics will be from studio released albums, including the Re-release of Ten. (9 albums total)
    • Players will be split up into teams of 5. (Pre-selected teams are accepted. Sign up below.)
    • Each team will have a "buzzer". Buzzer to be decided at event.
    • A line from a song will be read, then each team will have the chance to "BUZZ-IN" with their answer
    • After the Game Leader decides which team buzzed-in first, the team will have 15 seconds to complete the next phrase of the song, and name the song.
    • Game Leader and a judge will decide if the team stated the phrase correctly. NO EXCEPTIONS!
    • If answered correctly, the team will receive 5 points.
    • If answered incorrectly, the remaining teams will have another chance to "BUZZ-IN"
    • After a set limit…..the team with the most points wins.
    • Prizes will be decided at event.
    • No tantrums or spoilsports allowed. We will kick you out if you're disturbing the game
    • We reserve the right to change the rules up until the time of Gameplay.

Team 1

Team 2

Team 3
    The SPEEDY MCCREADY-PJSCREAMER CHALLENGE!!!!!

Whichever lady can do the most jello shots, out of SPEEDY MCCREADY's and PJSCREAMER'S bellybutton's, wins!!!!!!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Foxy Mop wrote:

2:00 pm, unless ya wanna come @ 1 and help us set up!
    I am hoping to meet up with people early in the day(to get my tickets), so there is a chance I may be able to help you set up at 1:00.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • jambayleafjambayleaf Posts: 646
    I'm in if anybody needs a member for their team!

I know what "and part of ev-er-ee day" comes from.
    So now I'm drivin the bus- Kramer
    You're batman!- George
    Yeah...yeah...I AM batman!!- Kramer
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,102
    This is the shit that makes this board FUCKING PRICELESS!!!!!!

If someone tries to sell a poster for a profit??? Throw him out of the 10club!!!!!
    If someone tries to sell a ticket for profit???? Throw him out of the 10club!!!!!

But its fine to try to set up a deal to buy dope on this website????

Give me a fucking break......
    Yeah, fair enough. I'll edit my post.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,823
    Foxy Mop wrote:

What is it?
    Host Dirty Tom gives you a line from a song. You and your team must answer the line that comes after the line we give you, as well as the name of the song. Team who scores the most points wins.

When/where is it?

What are the rules?
    • All lyrics will be taken directly from Pearl Jam's website under the MUSIC section
    • All lyrics will be from studio released albums, including the Re-release of Ten. (9 albums total)
    • Players will be split up into teams of 5. (Pre-selected teams are accepted. Sign up below.)
    • A line from a song will be read, then each team will have the chance to "BUZZ-IN" with their answer
    • After the Game Leader decides which team buzzed-in first, the team will have 15 seconds to complete the next phrase of the song, and name the song.
    • Game Leader and a judge will decide if the team stated the phrase correctly. NO EXCEPTIONS!
    • If answered incorrectly, the remaining teams will have another chance to "BUZZ-IN"
    • No tantrums or spoilsports allowed. We will kick you out if you're disturbing the game

Team 1

Team 2

Team 3

You can also sign up at the fundraiser too!
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • I'm sure this has been covered but how close is United Center to the pre- party ..... walikng distance - short walk - decent walk - short cab ??
  • Dirty TomDirty Tom Posts: 883
    jambayleaf wrote:
    I'm in if anybody needs a member for their team!

I know what "and part of ev-er-ee day" comes from.

Even if you can't find anybody ahead of time. I'm sure you'll have no problem getting a team together at the party.
    http://www.fancorps.com/wishlistfoundation/view/25753|187003.jpg

"This is the greatest band in the world"---Ben Harper

I'm sure this has been covered but how close is United Center to the pre- party ..... walikng distance - short walk - decent walk - short cab ??

It's walking distance 3-5 blocks, and we also have shuttle buses too :)
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
    Sweet, jambayleaf - I added you to Team 1 for now :)
    Foxy Mop wrote:

What is it?

When/where is it?

What are the rules?

Team 1
    1. jambayleaf

Team 2

Team 3
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
    Tryin to keep this on the 1st page.

• loadedgunloadedgun Posts: 1,389
    I will wait to sign up until I get there. I don't know if I'll be there that early but it sounds fun.
    Midwest. Indy/Lafayette.
  • cindylcindyl Posts: 63
    deadmantalking says --you know i aint very social, live where every body knows this is nowhere outside pgh.pa. ,avoid humans like the plague . but i like reading the posts here, the excitement of seeing ther worlds greatest rock and roll band is contagious,actually looking forward to observing you maniacs at the pre show on sunday.cindyl will socialize thou she feels funny about being old in a young crowd, hope yinz make her feel welcome. me- dim lights, thick smoke and loud loud music,cant wait to party with ya all then
  • TB1324TB1324 Posts: 19
    I am in. cannot wait.!!!
    Detroit 94, Toledo 96, Cleveland 98, Columbus 00,Cleveland 03, Hamilton 05, Cleveland 06, Chicago 09, Cleveland 10, EV Detroit 11, EV Tulsa(2) 2012
    TB1324 wrote:
    I am in. cannot wait.!!!

In for the parties or for the lyric challenge game? :)
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥

What is it?

When/where is it?

What are the rules?

All lyrics will be taken directly from Pearl Jam's website under the MUSIC section
    All lyrics will be from studio released albums, including the Re-release of Ten. (9 albums total)
    Players will be split up into teams of 5. (Pre-selected teams are accepted. Sign up below.)
    Each team will have a "buzzer". Buzzer to be decided at event.
    A line from a song will be read, then each team will have the chance to "BUZZ-IN" with their answer
    After the Game Leader decides which team buzzed-in first, the team will have 15 seconds to complete the next phrase of the song, and name the song.
    Game Leader and a judge will decide if the team stated the phrase correctly. NO EXCEPTIONS!
    If answered correctly, the team will receive 5 points.
    If answered incorrectly, the remaining teams will have another chance to "BUZZ-IN"
    After a set limit…..the team with the most points wins.
    Prizes will be decided at event.
    No tantrums or spoilsports allowed. We will kick you out if you're disturbing the game
    We reserve the right to change the rules up until the time of Gameplay.

Team 1
    1. jambayleaf
    2. TB1324

Team 2

Team 3

• ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    Dirty Tom wrote:

What is it?

When/where is it?

What are the rules?

All lyrics will be taken directly from Pearl Jam's website under the MUSIC section
    All lyrics will be from studio released albums, including the Re-release of Ten. (9 albums total)
    Players will be split up into teams of 5. (Pre-selected teams are accepted. Sign up below.)
    A line from a song will be read, then each team will have the chance to "BUZZ-IN" with their answer
    After the Game Leader decides which team buzzed-in first, the team will have 15 seconds to complete the next phrase of the song, and name the song.
    Game Leader and a judge will decide if the team stated the phrase correctly. NO EXCEPTIONS!
    If answered incorrectly, the remaining teams will have another chance to "BUZZ-IN"
    No tantrums or spoilsports allowed. We will kick you out if you're disturbing the game

Team 1
    1. jambayleaf
    2. TB1324

Team 2

Team 3

You should add a Team 4 with just Nixon in Detroit on it.
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • ArcticangelArcticangel Posts: 1,443
    Dirty Tom wrote:

What is it?

When/where is it?

What are the rules?

Team 1
    1. jambayleaf
    2. TB1324

Team 2

Team 3

Haha yes...
    Monkey, you gonna play?
    PJ: St. Paul 6.16.2003, St. Paul 6.26.2006, St. Paul 6.27.2006, Hartford 6.27.2008, Mansfield 6.28.2008, Mansfield 6.30.2008, Beacon Theater 7.1.2008, Toronto 8.21.2009, Chicago 8.23.2009, Chicago 8.24.2009, Philly 10.30.2009, Philly 10.31.2009, Columbus 5.6.2010, Noblesville 5.7.2010

EV: Los Angeles 4.12.2008, Los Angeles 4.13.2008, Nashville 6.17.2009, Nashville 6.18.2009, Memphis 6.20.2009
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    im coming. but have minimal money. i will bring a tshirt to raffle if i haven't already said this before...i forget. i have a memory/drinking problem
    Dirty Tom wrote:

What is it?

When/where is it?

What are the rules?

Team 1
    1. jambayleaf
    2. TB1324

Team 2

Team 3

Nixon is my "Final Jeopardy" type round. The winning team has to go up against him in a "lightning round"

Haha yes...
    Monkey, you gonna play?

I'm horid with lyrics... the only "play" I'm doing is with the ladies ;)
    wishlistfoundation.org
    Haha yes...
    Monkey, you gonna play?

I'm horid with lyrics... the only "play" I'm doing is with the ladies ;)

Nice! Classic Monkey!!

• QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Posts: 3,635
    i'll be there, along with kissedbyeddie.

and i'll be happy to play too.

looking forward to seeing everyone. can't wait for these shows!
    Nice shirt.
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Great idea, but be careful with the "Songs" section. Some of the lyrics are completely incorrect.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Posts: 3,635
    Flagg wrote:
    Great idea, but be careful with the "Songs" section. Some of the lyrics are completely incorrect.

you are absolutely correct.
    Nice shirt.
  • TavanCTavanC Posts: 27
    Count me and the wife in on the Pre-Party!

Thanks as always to those who set it all up. Awesome job as usual.
    Flagg wrote:

I know... esp this song

The correct version
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLd22ha_-VU
    wishlistfoundation.org
    page 2.... come on now....

up it goes
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Foxy Mop wrote:

What is it?

When/where is it?

What are the rules?

Team 1
    1. jambayleaf

Team 2

Team 3

Does anyone wanna play with me and my best friend?!? I'm in! :D
  • mindimindi Posts: 1,858
    I'm tempted to play! Sounds like fun!!!
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
  • im so there. travellin all the way from louisiana!