Comments

• MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,482

The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,188

Some good stuff right here.

It's a hopeless situation...
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,518
    This went to my head so fast I forgot to take  Picture of the full glass.....

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    bbiggs said:
    ^
    Poignant time for a Dogfish Head beer post. Yuge deal.

Crazy deal.  I can't believe Boston Beer Co is worth over $300 per share!  Apparently all of Sam Adams beers are struggling, but it's their other stuff like Truly/Hard iced tea and all that other crap that is keeping them going.  Prob a good move to merge with Dogfish Head...
    They acquired Dogfish Head? If so, I wonder if that will affect quality. I’ve always enjoyed Dogfish Head. Their 60 minute was a staple in my early IPA days. 
    Yeah not sure the exact details but I keep seeing "merger" being used.  Dogfish Head is solid but I've always thought Sam Adams was garbage.  Will be interesting to see what happens with these 2 
    Really hoping this will just help with distribution and keep the cost of their beer lower and not have much of an effect on quality. Dogfish always gets crafty in addition to their staples...
    To Indifference - haha, that was my exact thought: 1) I didn't know Sam Adams was on the stock market 2) nor that it was worth over $300/pop (now climibing over $343 btw).

So, yeah, they keep reiterating that they both have a portfolio that won't overlap. I can see that for the most part - Dogfish kinda sets the line in "boutique" beers (for a lack of a batter word) and their IPAs are wayyyy better than SA. 

But that Calagione couple are set for eternity. And the people who work there, and were invested in the company, got paid. Good for them.
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,925
    Dark Lord Day tomorrow at Three Floyd’s!! 
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,732
    bbiggs said:
    Good luck!
    tbergs said:

I've said this before that this is a fantastic "go to" beer.  One of my faves to drink.
    tbergs said:

I've said this before that this is a fantastic "go to" beer.  One of my faves to drink.
    Oh and I had the Habenero style on tap and it was hot!  You have to be in a mood to drink it though.
    bbiggs said:
    Good luck!
    We’re taking a party bus down and will have a day full of delicious beer. Looking forward! 
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,683
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    Good luck!
    We’re taking a party bus down and will have a day full of delicious beer. Looking forward! 
    Nice! I couldn't talk my girlfriend into going and not many of my friends are craft beer people. Especially enough to spend that much on a ticket. They don't understand the resale value of the variant or the 4 bottles of regular DL. And they just assume it's a giant mosh pit there. Have fun, bud. Photos will be appreciated.  

Also, if you can find them, the 3 Floyd's brisket tacos are fucking AMAZING! Do yourself a favor and try one and report your findings back here.

Also, if there is a FFF/Pipeworks IPA collab called Zombie Vs. Unicorn, I highly recommend that you try that as well.

We're going up there first thing Sunday morning (11-1130)...just so I can get the brisket tacos. They used to be a regular menu item but now are only available on DLD. So I go the day after DLD for the last 3 years for the leftovers and get a double order. Drug another couple along last year and they were each counting down for the same day. 

"A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,720
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    Good luck!

Have fun!  I've always wanted to go but can't justify that ticket price.  $180 for 5 bottles and only 1 of them is barrel aged is way too much for me.  And then you still have to pay for beers from the other breweries that they have there....that's an expensive ass day.  A lot of other good beer fests out there for a much more reasonable price.
  • MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,482
    Best of the founders barrel aged series (in my opinion)

The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    Good luck!

Have fun!  I've always wanted to go but can't justify that ticket price.  $180 for 5 bottles and only 1 of them is barrel aged is way too much for me.  And then you still have to pay for beers from the other breweries that they have there....that's an expensive ass day.  A lot of other good beer fests out there for a much more reasonable price.
    Yeah it’s definitely not the best value, but will be worth it for the experience with a good group of friends going. I’m going to Oath Days at Solemn Oath Brewery in Naperville on June 1, which should be a good, reasonably priced day.
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    Good luck!
    Nice! I couldn't talk my girlfriend into going and not many of my friends are craft beer people. Especially enough to spend that much on a ticket. They don't understand the resale value of the variant or the 4 bottles of regular DL. And they just assume it's a giant mosh pit there. Have fun, bud. Photos will be appreciated.  

Also, if you can find them, the 3 Floyd's brisket tacos are fucking AMAZING! Do yourself a favor and try one and report your findings back here.

Also, if there is a FFF/Pipeworks IPA collab called Zombie Vs. Unicorn, I highly recommend that you try that as well.

We're going up there first thing Sunday morning (11-1130)...just so I can get the brisket tacos. They used to be a regular menu item but now are only available on DLD. So I go the day after DLD for the last 3 years for the leftovers and get a double order. Drug another couple along last year and they were each counting down for the same day. 

Thanks dude. Will definitely try for the tacos. Would also like to try Zombie vs Unicorn. You know I’m a fan of both! 
  • Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,492

I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    Good luck!

Yeah it’s definitely not the best value, but will be worth it for the experience with a good group of friends going. I’m going to Oath Days at Solemn Oath Brewery in Naperville on June 1, which should be a good, reasonably priced day.
    If you wait until some of the DL beer whores are good and liquored up, you can probably double your ticket money back today. People are ALWAYS willing to shell out good money to horde this stuff up. Especially the variant bottles. People get oddly crazy about shit like that. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    Good luck!

If you wait until some of the DL beer whores are good and liquored up, you can probably double your ticket money back today. People are ALWAYS willing to shell out good money to horde this stuff up. Especially the variant bottles. People get oddly crazy about shit like that. 
    This is why I stopped chasing beer.

I do spend money on the BCBS tasting every year and it paid off considering I won a damn keg of the stuff.
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    Good luck!

I do spend money on the BCBS tasting every year and it paid off considering I won a damn keg of the stuff.
    That's awesome! Crazy the damn post office lost my invitation for your party!!

I guess bombers of Dark Lord are the PJ posters of craft beer!

I wonder how crazy things are for Brian at DLD now. There is a storm moving in pretty quick. 
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    Good luck!

That's awesome! Crazy the damn post office lost my invitation for your party!!

I guess bombers of Dark Lord are the PJ posters of craft beer!

I wonder how crazy things are for Brian at DLD now. There is a storm moving in pretty quick. 
    I posted it on here actually.  Letting it age for a year or two then going to have a party with it, have a nice gathering and open up the beer vault.

Yes, all of you fine gentleman can come.
  • Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,492

I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
    Had this with my meal tonight at Zahav. A little  juicy for me but paired  well with the meal....

bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    Good luck!

So how was it???  Is your hangover gone yet?
    Went up there the following day. No brisket tacos. Big BOO! But they did have a plethora of brews to go and they were selling small pours of the 2019 Dark Lord along with small pours of their 2015 Dark Lord. I felt the 2019 was far smoother (more smooth???) But the 2015 had a nicer taste.
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    Good luck!

It was awesome. Definitely a lot of fun and would go back. Lot of rain but that’s ok. Good music, good food, great beer and great times hanging with friends. While the ticket price is high, I’d say it’s worth it when you compare the cost of buying DL secondary (which is never do). I’d recommend going at least once if
     you haven’t been. 
    And the hangovers last much longer than they used to! 
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    Good luck!

It was awesome. Definitely a lot of fun and would go back. Lot of rain but that’s ok. Good music, good food, great beer and great times hanging with friends. While the ticket price is high, I’d say it’s worth it when you compare the cost of buying DL secondary (which is never do). I’d recommend going at least once if
     you haven’t been. 
    Nice!  Yeah I'll definitely get to it at some point.  How was the beer sharing aspect of it?  I know everyone is allowed to bring in a certain amount of beer and share...I'm sure there are all sorts of wild beers out there!

And yeah these hangovers are brutal these days!  Don't hit it really hard too often anymore but when I do it definitely takes a couple days to get back to normal.
    One needs multiple choices for a 3 day weekend with a good weather forecast ...

• tbergstbergs Posts: 9,188

It's a hopeless situation...
    A couple of good ones from the past few days...

^ I missed on the Hop Butcher releases. My local spot usually holds it for me but work has been so busy and I forgot to call them. Bummer! And I never see Saint Errant by me. I think their distribution reach is very local. Another bummer!