EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    Pabst: The official beer of trolls everywhere!

Anybody else notice most of us drunkards have the same countertop design?
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • RK50065RK50065 St. Louis, MO Posts: 885

I have no idea what you're talking about...
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Pabst: The official beer of trolls everywhere!

I think bbiggs has similar granite counter tops too. lol.  Nice pick up.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • I tasted a Cigar City Oktoberfest this weekend and loved it.

Broke my rule of nothing autumnish until it gets colder but couldn't resist!
  • CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,894

Wife chose the grayish countertop over the brown, lol. But they all look great! Especially with tasty beers on them

• Wife chose the grayish countertop over the brown, lol. But they all look great! Especially with tasty beers on them
    I've had good and awful beers with Maple in them.
  • CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,894
    This one was pretty tasty.  The maple was not overpowering.  I enjoy a good brown ale from time to time.  
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Yep, we all have similar countertops....

• Wobbie said:
    Crap” Pabst :lol:

Fixed.

JK I actually like Pabst.
  • MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,483

This was incredible.
    Tasted more like a imperial IPA than a NEIPA to me.
    I'm not an expert though.

The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    RK50065 said:

I have no idea what you're talking about...

“keep your paddle wet”? “snapper”?

some serious sexual imagery there.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    Malroth said:

This was incredible.
    Tasted more like a imperial IPA than a NEIPA to me.
    I'm not an expert though.

That looks super tasty. Where is the brewery? 
    Happy Friday guys!!!

^ Cheers! Looks delicious and I hope to be raising a glass this evening. Stuck at work still for a while. Ughhh 
    edited September 2018
    mcgruff10 said:
    Happy Friday guys!!!

I was behind a guy, buying a sixer of that in our state run Utah liquor store. that, and another sixer, cost him $34 :tired_face:

fuck you, utah!!! heading to colorado in the morning. they have some good beers over there.

Post edited by Wobbie on

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Happy Friday guys!!!

I was behind a guy, buying a sixer of that in our state run Utah liquor store. that, and another sixer, cost him $34 :t:tired_face:

fuck you, utah!!! heading to colorado in the morning. they have some good beers over there.

Say what?!?! I think this six pack cost me $9. I know Utah has some crazy liquor laws but that seems absurd. Is it that heavily taxed?
    edited September 2018
    mcgruff10 said:
    Wobbie said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Happy Friday guys!!!

I was behind a guy, buying a sixer of that in our state run Utah liquor store. that, and another sixer, cost him $34 :t:tired_face:

Say what?!?! I think this six pack cost me $9. I know Utah has some crazy liquor laws but that seems absurd. Is it that heavily taxed?

“sin tax.”

the liquor store sells beer by the bottle. even if you buy a six-pack, they scan a can six times. stella fucking artois is 3 bucks a bottle. can I interest you in a 72 dollar case. :tired_face:

grocery store beer (4%) is priced like most other states.

Post edited by Wobbie on

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    That’s why I don’t live in Utah. I’d brew my own if I did. 
    bbiggs said:
    That’s why I don’t live in Utah. I’d brew my own if I did. 

wyoming and idaho aren’t too far away...

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Wobbie said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Happy Friday guys!!!

“sin tax.”

the liquor store sells beer by the bottle. even if you buy a six-pack, they scan a can six times. stella fucking artois is 3 bucks a bottle. can I interest you in a 72 dollar case. :tired_face:

So the law in Utah is you must sell by the single beer?  Can you get a handle of vodka there? What about a magnum of wine?  Shit can you buy a bottle of wine or so they pour out 4 1/2 glasses into a plastic jug and charge you $24? Lol. 
    mcgruff10 said:
    Wobbie said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Wobbie said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Happy Friday guys!!!

“sin tax.”

So the law in Utah is you must sell by the single beer?  Can you get a handle of vodka there? What about a magnum of wine?  Shit can you buy a bottle of wine or so they pour out 4 1/2 glasses into a plastic jug and charge you $24? Lol. 

I guess for “high” beer, yeah. If you’re willing to pay, you can get 8, 9, 13% beer, whatever. “low” beer is sold as sixers, 12 paks, 24 paks, 30 paks.. all sizes of booze and wine are available, but you’ll pay.

I kinda chew skoal, too. quit for a long time but I’m backsliding. a $2.30 can in nevada is $6-7 here. more sin tax. fucking mormons!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Wobbie said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Wobbie said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Wobbie said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Happy Friday guys!!!

“sin tax.”

I guess for “high” beer, yeah. If you’re willing to pay, you can get 8, 9, 13% beer, whatever. “low” beer is sold as sixers, 12 paks, 24 paks, 30 paks.. all sizes of booze and wine are available, but you’ll pay.

I kinda chew skoal, too. quit for a long time but I’m backsliding. a $2.30 can in nevada is $6-7 here. more sin tax. fucking mormons!
    I don't smoke but in NYC cigs are $13 a pack!
    Wobbie said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Wobbie said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Wobbie said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Happy Friday guys!!!

“sin tax.”

“can I bum a smoke?”

”fuck no, you can’t!” :nuh_uh:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Wobbie said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Happy Friday guys!!!

Good pot in CO too.
    #FHP
  • Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Wobbie said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Wobbie said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Happy Friday guys!!!

“sin tax.”

“can I bum a smoke?”

”fuck no, you can’t!” :nuh_uh:
    They charge each other $1 a smoke now for a single...
    This might be the greatest beer I have ever had. 
    ^ Tell us more. A local NE gem? Looks fantastic! 
    bbiggs said:
    ^ Tell us more. A local NE gem? Looks fantastic! 
    It is perfect. Just the right amount of hops.  From what I hear it is a local gem up in Maine. My buddy was telling me that his friends get texts with updated info on where the delivery truck is  lol. 
    I got a little adventurous with this one on the recommendation of the beer guy at my liquor store. It’s actually really tasty. Just one though. It’s by Hop Butcher for any Chicago natives. He called it a “milkshake” and said it was so popular he had to keep it in the back. The pineapple and coconut flavor is a little overwhelming, but overall it’s worth a try.