The Craft Beer Thread....

Comments

• bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    How many of us that frequent the craft beer thread are going to the Wrigley and/or Fenway shows?  I ask because it would be cool to get a decent group of us to pre-game before the shows with a couple delicious brews. I’ll be at both Wrigley and both Fenway shows. Let’s make it happen. 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    I ll be at wrigley 2!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    Awesome! Who else? Let’s get a list going. 
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,852
    I know Dayle is planning on something too.  

I'd be down.
    For Boston.
  • SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542

I'd be down.
    For Boston.
    Trillium in Canton is the spot for that Saturday night 9/1 :peace:. Best beer in the area by far.
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

I'd be down.
    For Boston.
    Trillium in Canton is the spot for that Saturday night 9/1 :peace:. Best beer in the area by far.
    Sunday night right? That sounds awesome. I’m in. 
    ^ I see Saturday is 9/1. Looking at a calendar would have helped. I get in Sunday morning so I’m out for this one unfortunately. 
    Thing is they close at 10pm on Saturday, so you want to get there early for anybody that wants to go.
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

Thing is they close at 10pm on Saturday, so you want to get there early for anybody that wants to go.
    I definitely want to check out Trillium and I’ll be in town Sun-Wed, so if any other get-togethers take place there please keep the group informed. Thanks. - Brian 
    Will do Brian.
    Central Park 15

• Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    bbiggs said:
    How many of us that frequent the craft beer thread are going to the Wrigley and/or Fenway shows?  I ask because it would be cool to get a decent group of us to pre-game before the shows with a couple delicious brews. I’ll be at both Wrigley and both Fenway shows. Let’s make it happen. 

Lucky Dorr is a really good craft beer bar that's right outside Wrigley.  Always some really good stuff on tap there.

https://www.luckydorr.com/
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    Pipeworks, Half Acre and Revolution are all relatively close to Wrigleyville as well. All good breweries. 

I also HIGHLY recommend hitting up a burger joint about a mile from Revolution called Kuma's corner. Saw it on Triple D...best burgers I've ever encountered. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    bbiggs said:

Lucky Dorr is a really good craft beer bar that's right outside Wrigley.  Always some really good stuff on tap there.

https://www.luckydorr.com/
    This sounds like a great idea, at least for starters before people head to Sluggers which I think is having the 10C pre-party. 
    Happy Friday everyone!! A very nice ipa from nyc. 
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    So just to bring some Canadian content here.  Has anyone tried Bellwoods Brewery from Toronto?

Image result for bellwoods brewery
    If coming to Toronto their Jelly King sour beers are a must.
    Happy Friday indeed! Cheers everyone. 
    fife said:
    So just to bring some Canadian content here.  Has anyone tried Bellwoods Brewery from Toronto?

Image result for bellwoods brewery
    If coming to Toronto their Jelly King sour beers are a must.
    Last time I was in Toronto I went to steam whistle brewery and absolutely loved it. I think it was right near the baseball stadium. 
    mcgruff10 said:
    I live here and I haven't seen that yet...
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    mcgruff10 said:
    For the love of god! Do you ever work?!?! Oh. Wait....

LMAO!!!! :lol:
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    mcgruff10 said:
    For the love of god! Do you ever work?!?! Oh. Wait....

LMAO!!!! :lol:
    HEY i worked my summer job from 9-2 today!!!
    mcgruff10 said:
    I live here and I haven't seen that yet...
    I like it a lot bud. 
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,413
    mykonos beerseptem beervoreia beer
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
    23scidoo said:
    mykonos beerseptem beervoreia beer
    Oh baby! Are those lambics?
    Just went to a new brewery that is within walking distance from my house for the first time. They have some real good beers. I just had these 32 oz bad boys canned up to go. One is a NE Hazy IPA and the other an APA. This could get dangerous...

bbiggs said:
    Just went to a new brewery that is within walking distance from my house for the first time. They have some real good beers. I just had these 32 oz bad boys canned up to go. One is a NE Hazy IPA and the other an APA. This could get dangerous...

Break out the Advil!
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:

Break out the Advil!
    Dude my wife is going to hate me. A brewery this close to home is not a good thing lol 
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,413
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:

Break out the Advil!
    Dude my wife is going to hate me. A brewery this close to home is not a good thing lol 
    A brewery within walking distance...nice!  I used to be within walking distance to Half Acre when I lived in the city...it was awesome.  And luckily now I'm a 5 minute drive to Mikerphone Brewing.  Haven't heard of Oswego Brewing, but I'll have to check them out if I see their beer anywhere..
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:

Break out the Advil!
    A brewery within walking distance...nice!  I used to be within walking distance to Half Acre when I lived in the city...it was awesome.  And luckily now I'm a 5 minute drive to Mikerphone Brewing.  Haven't heard of Oswego Brewing, but I'll have to check them out if I see their beer anywhere..
    Oswego is far west suburbs so it’s a bit off the path. About 40 miles west of Chicago. Walking distance to Half Acre is a whole different ballgame! Lol. But I’ll take what I can get. The beer is really good.