Options

10C keep this rule in place for 09 USA SHOWS .

josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,457
edited May 2009 in The Porch
Reserved tickets are allocated by seniority ... :D:D yeah i said it let the fun begin ;) ..
jesus greets me looks just like me ....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Murderers.Murderers. Posts: 1,382
    Not really a fair way of doing things anymore, imo.
    What the fuck is this world?
  • Options
    Indian SummerIndian Summer Posts: 2,296
    edited April 2009
    Go back to the 2000 tour method of ticketing. Best tour i've ever been to, as well as the best seats I've ever had.
    Post edited by Indian Summer on
    "It's all happening"
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Reserved tickets are allocated by seniority ... :D:D yeah i said it let the fun begin ;) ..
    Have things changed in the States?
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146

as long as i get one of your tickets, i'm good with this :mrgreen:
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,091
    I am on the fence.

In general, I like the lottery. The problem is that I think there are hundreds of people out there who have signed up for the 10C in the past year just to "hit the lottery" ... and I am betting that there are many scalpers in that group. This also makes it harder for long time members, like you and me, to get tickets in the first place, never mind that it pushed us back a few rows.

I don't have the solution ... I just see big problems if they just continue to have the lottery system in place as was in '08.
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    rodentrodent Posts: 133
    I agree with BeerBaron on this. I've been a member of the fan club since 93 and one of the main reasons i stick with it is so that i can get the awesome seats at shows that i usually do. it might sound selfish but i'm sure you'd feel the same way if you continually got great seats.
    i also don't know what a fair solution would be...
  • Options
    Yes, please. ;)
    Pearl Jam Shows: 1998 - 9/11 New York, NY (MSG night 2); 9/13 Hartford, CT || 2000 - 8/24 Wantagh, NY (Jones Beach 2); 8/27 Saratoga Springs; 8/29 Mansfield, MA (night 1); 8/30 Mansfield, MA (night 2) || 2003 - 4/29 Albany, NY; 5/3 State College, PA; 7/2 Mansfield (night 1); 7/6 Camden, NJ (night 2); 7/8 New York, NY (MSG night 1) || 2004 - 9/28 Boston, MA (night 1); 9/29 Boston, MA (night 2) || 2005 - 10/3 Philadelphia, PA || 2006 - 5/12 Albany, NY; 5/13 Hartford, CT; 5/24 Boston, MA (night 1); 5/25 Boston, MA (night 2); 5/27 Camden, NJ (night 1); 5/28 Camden, NJ (night 2)|| 2008 - 6/19 Camden, NJ (night 1); 6/24 New York, NY (MSG night 1); 6/25 New York, NY (MSG night 2); 6/27 Hartford, CT; 6/28 Mansfield, MA (night 1); 6/30 Mansfield, MA (night 2); 7/1 New York, NY (Beacon Theater)|| 2009 - 9/21 Seattle, WA (night 1); 9/22 Seattle, WA (night 2); 10/27 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 1); 10/28 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 2); 10/30 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 3); 10/31 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 4)|| 2010 - 5/15 Hartford, CT; 5/17 Boston, MA; 5/20 New York, NY (MSG night 1); 5/21 New York, NY (MSG night 2)|| 2011 - 9/3 East Troy, WI (PJ20); 9/4 East Troy, WI (PJ20) || 2012 - 9/2 Philadelphia, PA, 9/30 Missoula, MT || 2013 - 7/19 Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), 10/12 Buffalo, NY, 10/15 Worcester, MA (night 1), 10/16 Worcester, MA (night 2), 10/18 Brooklyn, NY (night 1), 10/19 Brooklyn, NY (night 2), 10/25 Hartford, CT || 2014 - 10/22 Denver, CO || 2015 -  9/26 New York, NY (Global Citizen Festival) || 2016 - 5/1 New York, NY (night 1), 5/2 New York, NY (night 2), 8/5 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 1), 8/7 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 2) || 2018 - 9/2 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 1) || 2020 - 3/30 New York, NY
    Eddie Vedder solo: 2008 - Boston night 1 & 2 || 2009 - Albany, NY night 1 & 2 || 2011 - Hartford, CT, Boston, MA

• Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    rodent wrote:

Before they opened the flood gates in '03, you could get fan club seats to one show only. That seems like a fair solution to both parties involved.

Of course, it's more profitable the way they do it now.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    edited April 2009
    rodent wrote:

Before they opened the flood gates in '03, you could get fan club seats to one show only. That seems like a fair solution to both parties involved.

PBM

if you really want to go back to the 'good old days' of the fanclub.....one show per tour AND NO SENIORITY...since it didn't exist until 2000. :mrgreen:

:lol:
    hahahahahahahahahaha.

anyhooo, i'm game for whatever 10c decides to do, just keep offering up 10c tix! i thought last tour was awesome - seniority overall, a couple of random rows mixed in, fun for all! however....it's all good......

jose is simply a shit-stirrer.........;)

btw - in all seriousness...i do not see, at all, how a few random rows would possibly increase scalping? seriously. the 10c member must go to pick up the ticket in person, the day of the show. he/she also will have NO idea where the seats will be until the day of the show. would be a LOT of commitment to actually show up at a venue day of to make some extra $$$...and besides which, HOW do you market the seats when you don';t know where they are located? just sayin'....

i understand all sorts of people have all sorts of reasons for being for/against any systems....and not all for selfish reasons either. so whatever. the 10c will do what they 10c will do. it's cool......
    Post edited by decides2dream on
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    rodent wrote:

PBM

No F-ing way will that ever happen again.

I go with the lottery...I am sure some old timers are sick of seeing the band front row and wouldn't mind giving someone else a shot at it... :lol:
    God Loves Pearl Jam
  • Options
    ValleyGalValleyGal Posts: 122
    BeerBaron wrote:
    In general, I like the lottery. The problem is that I think there are hundreds of people out there who have signed up for the 10C in the past year just to "hit the lottery" ... and I am betting that there are many scalpers in that group. This also makes it harder for long time members, like you and me, to get tickets in the first place, never mind that it pushed us back a few rows.

I don't have the solution ... I just see big problems if they just continue to have the lottery system in place as was in '08.

Something other bands are moving towards to try to alleviate some of the scalping is that if you're in certain rows for the show (ie. fan club seats) you can only pick up your tickets at the venue two hours before the show. I've encountered this for AC/DC in August and let me tell you that there is no way I would go to downtown Vancouver to pick up my tickets two hours before the show just to turn around and sell them.

As someone with a high membership number, I say it's not fair to those of you who have been loyal club members for years to get screwed over in a lottery system. I don't care about sitting really close, just to be assured of a ticket to get in would be enough for me. Don't care if I'm in the back row . . . just don't leave me at the mercy of Ticket Bastard!
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,500
    Murderers wrote:
    and your number is ????

08 was great and fair
    everyone had a chance to be upfront and seniority was more or less left intact

if it aint broke dont fix it
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    Get_Right wrote:
    Murderers wrote:
    and your number is ????

08 was great and fair
    everyone had a chance to be upfront and seniority was more or less left intact

if it aint broke dont fix it

exactly!
    :)

honestly, i have truly loved how since the get-go....10c has changed, always striving for imporvements, for the greater good of all fans. to me, that's what a fan club is all about.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,783
    I have a shitty # as I just recently renewed for my second year in the 10C and I thought the way they did it for 08 was great. People who have been members for years are rewarded with great seats with a measly 4 rows going by lottery. I cant believe people would bitch about 4 rows making their seats that much worse.
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 9,003
    The next Ten Club contest: design a new method of ticket distribution. :lol:
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    ValleyGalValleyGal Posts: 122
    benjs wrote:
    The next Ten Club contest: design a new method of ticket distribution. :lol:

. . . but then you'd have to deal with the whiners whose methods weren't chosen :lol:
  • Options
    D2D knows me well :D ...and so does Get Right :D ...
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    I have a 400xxx 10c # and I don't have a problem with the way it is. Don't get me wrong, I am a fan of the lottery even though I never won it. but I think members who have been faithful for many years more than me should have seniority when it comes to seating. I know I would.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    I have a decent number. I don't mind the lottery deal. It gives people with high numbers a chance for good tickets and the band def does get sick of the same old fucks that cross there arms when they here certain songs. It makes things more refreshing for the band which will only improve their mood, hence their performance and show as a whole. I have no issue with that. I just don't think they should get rid of seniority all together.
    Pearl Jam Shows: 1998 - 9/11 New York, NY (MSG night 2); 9/13 Hartford, CT || 2000 - 8/24 Wantagh, NY (Jones Beach 2); 8/27 Saratoga Springs; 8/29 Mansfield, MA (night 1); 8/30 Mansfield, MA (night 2) || 2003 - 4/29 Albany, NY; 5/3 State College, PA; 7/2 Mansfield (night 1); 7/6 Camden, NJ (night 2); 7/8 New York, NY (MSG night 1) || 2004 - 9/28 Boston, MA (night 1); 9/29 Boston, MA (night 2) || 2005 - 10/3 Philadelphia, PA || 2006 - 5/12 Albany, NY; 5/13 Hartford, CT; 5/24 Boston, MA (night 1); 5/25 Boston, MA (night 2); 5/27 Camden, NJ (night 1); 5/28 Camden, NJ (night 2)|| 2008 - 6/19 Camden, NJ (night 1); 6/24 New York, NY (MSG night 1); 6/25 New York, NY (MSG night 2); 6/27 Hartford, CT; 6/28 Mansfield, MA (night 1); 6/30 Mansfield, MA (night 2); 7/1 New York, NY (Beacon Theater)|| 2009 - 9/21 Seattle, WA (night 1); 9/22 Seattle, WA (night 2); 10/27 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 1); 10/28 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 2); 10/30 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 3); 10/31 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 4)|| 2010 - 5/15 Hartford, CT; 5/17 Boston, MA; 5/20 New York, NY (MSG night 1); 5/21 New York, NY (MSG night 2)|| 2011 - 9/3 East Troy, WI (PJ20); 9/4 East Troy, WI (PJ20) || 2012 - 9/2 Philadelphia, PA, 9/30 Missoula, MT || 2013 - 7/19 Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), 10/12 Buffalo, NY, 10/15 Worcester, MA (night 1), 10/16 Worcester, MA (night 2), 10/18 Brooklyn, NY (night 1), 10/19 Brooklyn, NY (night 2), 10/25 Hartford, CT || 2014 - 10/22 Denver, CO || 2015 -  9/26 New York, NY (Global Citizen Festival) || 2016 - 5/1 New York, NY (night 1), 5/2 New York, NY (night 2), 8/5 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 1), 8/7 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 2) || 2018 - 9/2 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 1) || 2020 - 3/30 New York, NY
    Eddie Vedder solo: 2008 - Boston night 1 & 2 || 2009 - Albany, NY night 1 & 2 || 2011 - Hartford, CT, Boston, MA

• Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    As a joiner in 2006, I think the seniority system is the best way to do something.

Howabout a GA show?
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,500
    you shit stirrer you

hahahahahaha :lol:
  • Options
    Get_Right wrote:
    you shit stirrer you

hahahahahaha :lol:

que pasa hermano :lol: who meee 8-) ...
  • Options
    CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    I usually don't care where I sit as long as I am in the building and able to enjoy the show! With that being said, winning the 2nd row lottery for MSG nt2 was one of the high lights of my life, and I wish other fans who thought they'd never be that close with out shelling out major cash get that thrill :)
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,892
    solution: tickets by seniority, but limit of 4-6 shows per full tour/leg. for shorter tours like 2009, maybe a limit of 4 shows.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    well let me take that spoon off your hands and give it a stir myself....

first of all I'm so sick of the "I've been in the fan club for xx years so i deserve to have a better concert experience than all of you" bullshit!!........FUCK YOU AND YOUR 3 DIGIT 10c # !!! this elitist, arrogant, condescending sense of entitlement mentality pisses me the fuck off!!!!!!!!!!

I have loved this band just as long as most of you..I just didn't get into seeing them live till 5 years ago..so you think being in the fan club before me makes you special and you should sit up front for ever? FU !! Then 10c tries to share a piece of the love with a lotto for 4 stinking rows and i had to come on here and see you "veteran club members" bitch and moan about it? FU !! that shit put a bunch of you in a very ugly light !!

funny how we consider ourselves a close knit community....till someone has to sit a couple rows further back at a show. :evil: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :evil:

ok.....I'm done :mrgreen::mrgreen:

wait.....fuck ticket limitations!! if i want to go to every show that's my Biz!! PJ plays in venues that hold 10s of thousands of people so using the Ed solo rules wouldn't make sense..and you won't see it!PERIOD!!.....guaranteed!! :mrgreen:8-)
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,404

it's safe to say that you stirred it quite well, Breed. 8-)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options

first of all I'm so sick of the "I've been in the fan club for xx years so i deserve to have a better concert experience than all of you" bullshit!!........FUCK YOU AND YOUR 3 DIGIT 10c # !!! this elitist, arrogant, condescending sense of entitlement mentality pisses me the fuck off!!!!!!!!!!

I have loved this band just as long as most of you..I just didn't get into seeing them live till 5 years ago..so you think being in the fan club before me makes you special and you should sit up front for ever? FU !! Then 10c tries to share a piece of the love with a lotto for 4 stinking rows and i had to come on here and see you "veteran club members" bitch and moan about it? FU !! that shit put a bunch of you in a very ugly light !!

funny how we consider ourselves a close knit community....till someone has to sit a couple rows further back at a show. :evil: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :evil:

ok.....I'm done :mrgreen::mrgreen:

wait.....fuck ticket limitations!! if i want to go to every show that's my Biz!! PJ plays in venues that hold 10s of thousands of people so using the Ed solo rules wouldn't make sense..and you won't see it!PERIOD!!.....guaranteed!! :mrgreen:8-)

have a great day :lol::lol::D ...
  • Options
    Ryan_WFCRyan_WFC Posts: 1,323

You sure about that? 10-C gets the tickets from Ticketmaster/LiveNation/venue and then sells them to us, for a significantly (@ $20 a pair) lower cost than Ticketmaster/LiveNation/venue, since there are fewer fees.

I have a hard time believing they're able to buy the tickets for much lower than they sell them to us, if at all. To the extent they make a profit, I'm thinking it's in membership fees since many of us stay in the club for tickets. But to me that seems fair to all involved.

As for the row 1-2 and 9-10 lottery, I think it strikes the right balance of rewarding seniority, giving everyone a shot at great seats, and thwarting scalpers.
    "They said ... timing was everything
    made him ... want to be everywhere
    there's a ... lot to be said for nowhere."
  • Options
    McJuicyMcJuicy Posts: 747

what specifically is your issue with the most current system in which 4 rows are decided by a lottery?

don't you think the band feeds off of the new/added energy in the front row, especially when compared to the same old faces (and please don't feed me any ****shit that those pioneers get as excited hearing even flow, jeremy, or corduroy for the nth time)
    buf dtw buf sce yyz tol grr yhm yyz pit yyz yyz pit bna cae aus lax lax san phl phl cle buf mke mke atl pit buf clt san lax lax gsp cae bna sea sea
  • Options
    brolocobroloco Posts: 1,237
    Reserved tickets are allocated by seniority ...

hell no!
    lame show-offs