13»

Comments

• Options
    pearljgirl2010pearljgirl2010 Shillington, PA/Tuckerton, NJ Posts: 3,428
    I <3 TenClub.
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • Options
    The only thing i hate form 10c is the way of packing the items they ship, they could use bubbles protection or those bags amazon uses.
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Ryan_WFC wrote:
    rsimms3 wrote:
    I am exercising my right to free speech which otherwise would not be heard as last time I looked the 10c doesn't send out Satisfaction Surveys.

No, but you could call/write them. Or, gasp, stop paying your dues.
    :roll: well just as ticketmaster have the monopoly on 90% of the tickets, 10c have the monopoly on the supposedly better 10% so it's not like I can stop paying and go to their competitor. I WANT the goods... I WANT what I've been told I'll get in return for my money... how is that so hard to understand?

It's like the bloody cable tv companies over here... they're ridiculous... there will always be reason to complain and I will always do so... but you know the person at the other end of the line is admiring their nails and going 'uh huh, yep, I'll do that for you' and looking at all the lines flashing for other people they're going to make false promises to. BUT at the end of the day, I WANT the cable tv... and if something's not right I'm actually going to harrass them until they make it right... cos I'm paying for a service I'm not getting.

Seriously how hard is it to understand? :mrgreen: Anyway, the above didn't all apply to 10c... but I'm just trying to make a point that, if I don't like something, I will bloody say it... people say life's too short to complain... it's really not... I need to do something to fill in the gaps between happy time :mrgreen: and complaining gets out some of that energy.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Anyway, I don't hate 10c but they ARE a company with obligations. I wouldn't say I LOVE them either... they're a company :mrgreen:

I'm sure they're all lovely people and a complaint about 10c isn't a complaint about their personalities... NOR is it a complaint about the bands music or Ed's white pants... it's just somebody complaining that they haven't got something that they've paid for. 10c isn't like Alice in Wonderland... it's not some magical place where we all have to get along and agree with eachother regardless of what the topic is. HOWEVER if there's free lollipops I'm there :mrgreen: but they're probably still deciding what colour the lollipops should be :oops:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    TerryibleTerryible Posts: 462
    I don't mind the 10club, I feel they can do a better job.

I generally think they do a good job with the tickets, except the Eddie Vedder tickets, i'm still bitter that non-american residents weren't allowed to have the option to buy any.

The one thing that grinds my gears is we are usually the last people to find out about any Pearl Jam related news, and i'm sick of the whole tweet tweet thing
    26/02/1998 Wellington, 09/09/2006 Marseille, 16/09/2006 Verona
    23/09/2006 Berlin, 30/09/2006 Athens, 18/07/2007 London
    02/07/2009 Honolulu (EV Solo), 22/11/2009, Sydney, 29/11/2009 Christchurch
  • Options
    I love 'em! Keep up the good work!
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    I have no issues with them. They were helpful with my account errors last year.

The real problem is with me, I tend to buy stuff that I don't really need... :?
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    Ryan_WFCRyan_WFC Posts: 1,319
    Terryible wrote:
    The one thing that grinds my gears is we are usually the last people to find out about any Pearl Jam related news, and i'm sick of the whole tweet tweet thing

10-C may be the last to report official news, but it's not true that we're the last to find out about it. There are usually rumors here a month or two before official announcements, as posters here know people who work at the venues or promote shows.
    "They said ... timing was everything
    made him ... want to be everywhere
    there's a ... lot to be said for nowhere."
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,187
    I love the 10c. I can't even complain about the lottery; I've gotten tickets to every other show I've ever wanted through the 10c (including the Vic!). Hmm, now that I think of it, maybe that's why I lost the lottery...
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    The only problem I've ever had with 10C is the decision to make this board pay-to-post....and who knows where that decision came from.

I have friends that have had bad experiences...but even some of those, I can see both sides of the issues. One that was particularly funny...my friend commented on the board, something about monkeys being able to do their jobs (can't remember specifics)...the next poster they ordered arrived with a bent corner, and a note that said something along the lines of 'packed by monkey #1'....totally out of line, but HILARIOUS as hell, if you ask me...and of course...this is a second-hand story so take it as you will.

I have never had a bad experience personally, and many positive ones.
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    edited April 2009
    The only problem I've ever had with 10C is the decision to make this board pay-to-post....and who knows where that decision came from.

I have friends that have had bad experiences...but even some of those, I can see both sides of the issues. One that was particularly funny...my friend commented on the board, something about monkeys being able to do their jobs (can't remember specifics)...the next poster they ordered arrived with a bent corner, and a note that said something along the lines of 'packed by monkey #1'....totally out of line, but HILARIOUS as hell, if you ask me...and of course...this is a second-hand story so take it as you will.

I have never had a bad experience personally, and many positive ones.

i really don't think that's true....but sweet bejeebus is that amusing!

OMG!!!
    :lol::lol::lol:

oh i am curious....what hasn't anyone *gotten* for their $20 US a year? we've been told both the holiday single and deep are coming....we never are promised exact dates......and we were told we would have the CHANCE at tickets, before the general public. that's it. we were never promised we would ALWAYS have access to tickets to EACH and EVERY show, pearl jam, or any of it's members, do. there have always been small pearl jam shows that have been limited geographically or by member #s, whatever. and hello.......the shows we just had a sale for, were NOT for pearl jam! solo ed is not pearl jam...so 10c didn't even have to offer tix at ALL! should i cry when i couldn't try for 10c tix to beneroya, or astoria....or whatever else? sheesh. anyhooooo...i am all for voicing complaints, i just am missing some of the substance of a few complaints is all.

oh and drowned...as to your last line, i agree. even missing out on 10c tix for ed last summer, i don't 'blame' or fault 10c....it's pure luck. high demand, only X amount of tix. i still managed to get a 10c ticket....ad if not......there are other avenues...... the chance at 10c tix, better tix, that's my MAIN reason for being a member. i enjoy the deep issues, getting the holiday single even tho i don't own a record player anymore :P....and sure, being able to post on this board....but first and foremost, why i joined and stay.....is tickets. i also realize and appreciate, i won't always get access to 10c tix to every show....and that's ok too. i have had more positives, next to no negatives.......so overall, i've been most happy with 10c. they're no where near perfect, but they are good enough for me....keep the pj goodness coming....and $20 a year? well worth it for me.
    Post edited by decides2dream on
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    whitepantswhitepants Posts: 723
    I have friends that have had bad experiences...but even some of those, I can see both sides of the issues. One that was particularly funny...my friend commented on the board, something about monkeys being able to do their jobs (can't remember specifics)...the next poster they ordered arrived with a bent corner, and a note that said something along the lines of 'packed by monkey #1'.....

That is awesome!!!! They should have added some banana peels too. :mrgreen:
    ~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
  • Options
    I love the 10c. I can't even complain about the lottery; I've gotten tickets to every other show I've ever wanted through the 10c (including the Vic!). Hmm, now that I think of it, maybe that's why I lost the lottery...

makes you wonder eh?

:twisted:

• Options

I'm sure they're all lovely people and a complaint about 10c isn't a complaint about their personalities... NOR is it a complaint about the bands music or Ed's white pants...

you got a problem with Eddie wearing, whitepants? :?: :twisted:

• Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,537

right or wrong, it was 10C's call to reward active 10C members with the privilege of posting here. it must be said, though, the number of attack/negative/spam posts dropped dramatically as a result (likely because 10C is keeping an eye on what's being posted by individual members). Santos knows all,...

the folks over at BRY would totally get a kick out of that story,...
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore