Options

Why does everyone hate 10C???

CommyCommy Posts: 4,984
edited April 2009 in The Porch
every time i come on here someone is whining about 10C.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    because they cant please everybody.

anything they do will make someone think they were slighted.

they could mail out $100 bills to everyone, and those who receive them last, overseas would complain.
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    Commy wrote:

Because they are spoiled.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    everyone overseas who ordered the delux edition got ripped for an extra $100 almost for the delivery of the thing off UPS! on TOP of the $50 shipping they paid!
    in fairness overseas fans get ripped on more than US members.
  • Options
    Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    I don't hate the 10C. They did what they needed to do to distribute the eV tickets. I lost out on the lottery but oh well. I'll still try to get tickets elsewhere.
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Options
    like.echoeslike.echoes Posts: 582
    I don't hate the 10C. They did what they needed to do to distribute the eV tickets. I lost out on the lottery but oh well. I'll still try to get tickets elsewhere.

How reasonable and mature! :D
    nothing's changed but the surrounding bullsh1t
  • Options
    eldarion75 wrote:
    everyone overseas who ordered the delux edition got ripped for an extra $100 almost for the delivery of the thing off UPS! on TOP of the $50 shipping they paid!

i didnt mean my comment as a shot at people overseas.

I was just pointing out that no matter what happens, someone, somewhere doesnt quite get it as good as someone else, and will complain.
  • Options
    I don't, I think they do a good job, some people think it should be run like a corporation like IBM and get every ounce of satisfaction they can out of it. leaving no leway or compassion for human error or things that may be out of ten club's control (band decisions) I can pretty much sum it up with 2 words.

self entitlement
    walk the bridges,.......before you burn them down
  • Options
    release30release30 Posts: 2,051
    I love 10c :mrgreen:
    Conversations getting dull
    There's a constant ringing in my ears
    Sense of humor's void and numb
    And I'm bored to tears.......
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,910
    release30 wrote:

+1 8-)
  • Options
    dlymnflddlymnfld CT Posts: 917
    I like 10c. I won this time but was out on EV east and west coast last time (though I got tix through TM anyways). They take care of everyone the best they can and for $20 how can you complain. Plus they got me 5th row for PJ n QC and I will always appreciate that. :D
    Springfield 4/6/94, Boston 4/6/94, Hartford 10/2/96, New York 9/11/98, Hartford 9/13/98, Mansfield 8/30/00, Boston 9/28/04, Reading 10/1/04, Quebec City 9/20/05, Boston 5/24/06, Hartford 5/13/06, New York 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08 Philadelphia 10/31/09, Hartford 10/15/10,
    Boston 10/17/10, East Troy 9/3/11, East Troy 9/4/11, Missoula 9/30/12, Worcester 10/15/13, Hartford 10/25/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13,
    St. Paul 10/19/14, New York 9/26/15, Quebec City 5/5/16, Boston 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18, Boston 9/4/18, Quebec City 9/1/22, Camden 9/14/22, Oklahoma City 9/20/22 
  • Options
    AlessianaAlessiana Posts: 329
    eldarion75 wrote:

Be glad you have one. I don't have one because I DIDN'T order from ten club. I will never be that stupid again, ever. I'm at wit's end over what I'm going to do now.

Aless

Tell them you love them. Never let the mundane, the unimportant, or worse, the misunderstood, be the final words of parting.

Tell them.
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089

How reasonable and mature! :D
    .... and, unfortunately, very uncommon around here.
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    GraySaturdayGraySaturday Posts: 2,878
    I don't hate the 10c.. I don't think they owe me anything. Neither does the band. A lottery is a lottery.. it's a chance.. Just like logging on to TM is a chance, and scalping is a chance.
  • Options
    AlessianaAlessiana Posts: 329
    I do not understand the animus. I see it on both forums I frequent. Really, it pisses me off because people lose sight of well,... the obvious.

These are people!

I'm going to stop writing now because this topic can set me off and I like to have a nice rest of the evening.

Aless

Tell them you love them. Never let the mundane, the unimportant, or worse, the misunderstood, be the final words of parting.

Tell them.
  • Options
    CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    I don't have an issue with them. They give me an extra oppurtunity for tickets... With out them we'd all be stuck just using ticketmaster.

With that said there are ways they approach things that I don't agree with, but that's no big deal... Things are like that in life. We just have to get over it ;)
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • Options
    CommyCommy Posts: 4,984
    MayDay10 wrote:
    because they cant please everybody.

anything they do will make someone think they were slighted.

they could mail out $100 bills to everyone, and those who receive them last, overseas would complain.

lol. "i got my $100 2 WEEKS after everyone else, wtf?".

I don't have an issue with them. They give me an extra oppurtunity for tickets... With out them we'd all be stuck just using ticketmaster.

With that said there are ways they approach things that I don't agree with, but that's no big deal... Things are like that in life. We just have to get over it ;)

yeah, the tickets are the main reasons i keep renewing my membership. i don't know of too many bands that do that. maybe 2.
  • Options
    whitepantswhitepants Posts: 723
    Commy wrote:

Because they are spoiled.

...and demanding entitled brats.
    ~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,936
    The 10C is like a good friend, you could fight with him and 1 hour later you're having a beer like nothing happened.
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    IAmMyselfIAmMyself Posts: 667
    because they are big babies! :cry:
    "Please help me to help you, help yourself." EV
  • Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    Your title is misleading. ;)

Not everyone hates 10c. :D

I lost the lottery too and I'm ok with that. I knew that I was not guaranteed to win the lottery...but it was nice hoping! I do like this system, although there is always room for improvement.

At least they tried something new.

I love Ten Club! :D

I'll use the money to buy the SDE this week. :)

People just need to vent, that's all...and 10c is used to it, but I think they also appreciate the balance - the love from us! :D
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    Alessiana wrote:
    eldarion75 wrote:

Be glad you have one. I don't have one because I DIDN'T order from ten club. I will never be that stupid again, ever. I'm at wit's end over what I'm going to do now.

:?:

You're at wit's end because you didn't order a deluxe edition from the 10 club? Why not go to a local store or one of the many online stores to buy one?
    NERDS!
  • Options
    i love the 10c..they dont get enough love..they do a great job..
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    Yeah, your title sucks and nothing could be further from the truth.

A very small % of members complain. They just do it loud. You don't see 100's of positive threads cause people are way more apt to speak up when upset.

You have the nicest restaurant in the world and you get a 90% to 10% bad comments to good. Why, cause people leave happy and quiet when everything is good, but scream, shout and complain when something upsets them.

Just human nature.

When every people's emotions flare up and they don't get something they are going to whine and bitch. Those people are ridiculous, but they are not everyone, more like hardly anyone.
  • Options
    JohnBriggsJohnBriggs Posts: 101
    Commy wrote:

I don't hate TenC and I don't think everyone hates them either. Like any good consumer, I think some folks just get frustrated and vocalize there concerns and TenC does listen believe it or not. They may not always agree but I have seen wherever there is something very valid that hey can improve, they do.

Now, if i could get them to fix my damn username on the forums I would be completely happy :D
  • Options
    Tuolumne MamaTuolumne Mama Posts: 1,210
    I think 10c did a great job and tried to address some of the problems from last year. They worked their arses off and deserve alot of credit for a hard job and keeping things so organized. I didn't win but am happy for those who did and hope I'll be able to get tickets somehow. Thanks 10c for all your efforts.
    ======================================================================
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal." Albert Pine.

• Options
    LiteTheMatchLiteTheMatch Posts: 1,179
    because the 11 club is so much better
    A child's rhyme stuck in my head...
    It said "Life is nothing but a dream."
    I've spent so many years in question
    To find I'd known this all along.
  • Options
    Its such a tough balance.

You have a huge fan club, with folks who have been in it longer, and in some cases, much longer than others.
    So you get the age old 'seniority/member # argument'.

Then you have people who are in front of a computer more than others when tickets 'hit', or are more aware of 10c news. I have the benefit of logging on from work, but others dont and may get shut out for that.

You also have issues of the most important entity: The band. Where they play doesnt please everyone, how much they charge will be too much for a percentage of people, etc... You get 10 shows in the Greater Boston area, then one time you see a show in Portland or Providence and people from Port/Prov get shut out because everyone from Boston is quicker.

All factors combined, there is going to be a large-sized sect unhappy and complaining. Everyone spends their $20 a year and we all think we are entitled to the highest level, red carpet treatment. Especially those with low member #'s because, well, they have a case.

I personally think they do a great job. If they had one policy, it would exclude a greater number of fans exclusively. 10c changing these policies up, allows for everyone to get into a decent number of shows with great seats. I have been a member since 03, and being a member and paying about $100 or so total in membership fees, allowed me ONE opportunity to sit 3 rows away from EV at a solo show last year. Right there, it paid for itself. Thats excluding all the other opportunities/26th row 10c tix Ive gotten/merch sales/etc... Im sure 90% of the 10c who have been around since 03 or earlier has at least one great night as a result of the 10c and their ticket policies. A lot of folks may have too many to count.
  • Options
    HeavyHandsHeavyHands Posts: 2,130
    demetrios wrote:
    release30 wrote:

+1 8-)

+10 ;)
    "A lot more people are capable of being big out there that just don't give themselves a chance." -Stone Gossard
  • Options
    MC78498MC78498 Maryland Posts: 47
    eldarion75 wrote:

that is not the 10C's fault. personally i think the 10C is one of the most fan oriented fan clubs out there.
    A good compromise, a good piece of legislation, is like a good sentence; or a good piece of music. Everybody can recognize it. They say, 'Huh. It works. It makes sense.'
    Barack Obama
  • Options
    Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,696
    When I first saw your post, I thought you were refering to that horrible 70's band: 10cc

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/10cc

That band sucked all kinds of ass....It's easy to see why somone would hate them.

As for the TEN CLUB...
    I think they are miles ahead of about 90% of Pearl Jams peers as far as fan clubs go.

I think people just like to bitch. Everyone expects the world to be handed to them from this tiny little organization, yet have no idea or concept of how hard the TEN CLUB people actually work to give us what they give us every year.

The TEN CLUB or Pearl Jam don't really have to do any of this stuff. They don't owe us shit, yet thankfully they choose to do right by us because they care about us fans and make genuine efforts to do their very best to share as much as is humanly possible with us fans.

We should all be thankful that we have a favorite band that has such a cool fan club and community to be apart of.

All the bitching is lame. Nothing lasts forever, so we should all just sit back and enjoy the ride while it lasts.

Halleluiah, Amen,
    Good Night.