I'm confirmed, Baltimore 2!

13»

Comments

• decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    i'm psyched!
    :mrgreen:

also, reading this thread, outside of iluvcats, i really don't *know* anyone who's going to this show....kinda cool! even traveling all over, i usually do know a good # of people attending the same shows as me, so this is a first.....well at least the first since the 2003 tour. :) looking forward to meeting new jammers!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• yellowporchyellowporch Posts: 510
    arq wrote:
    I'm in Baltimore 1..arq didn't you say you went on priceline? if so hook me up with that hotel name man that seemed like a good deal lol...if it wasnt you then disregard

It wasn't me, rawpixels founded a 4 stars hotel for $94!!! he checked priceline but i couldn't find that hotel at that price... :roll: but well i'll be in baltimore just for the day of the gig, i'll spend the weekend on DC!

oh sorry arq! 4 star for 94 dollars that's insane...
    I'm turning 21 the night of Baltimore 1...and I'm going to try and stay sober until after but oh boy what a day to turn 21 on!
  • arqarq Posts: 7,980
    arq wrote:
    I'm in Baltimore 1..arq didn't you say you went on priceline? if so hook me up with that hotel name man that seemed like a good deal lol...if it wasnt you then disregard

It wasn't me, rawpixels founded a 4 stars hotel for $94!!! he checked priceline but i couldn't find that hotel at that price... :roll: but well i'll be in baltimore just for the day of the gig, i'll spend the weekend on DC!

oh sorry arq! 4 star for 94 dollars that's insane...
    I'm turning 21 the night of Baltimore 1...and I'm going to try and stay sober until after but oh boy what a day to turn 21 on!

I had to pay around $150 for just one night, at least very close to the venue!
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • rawpixelsrawpixels Posts: 912
    If anyone likes baseball from out of town- make sure to check out Camden yards- the O's play Atlanta at home that weekend and you can get good seats for very cheap- especially on Sundays. Camden is pretty much the model that a lot of new parks were built off of.

I have my tickets already. Plus, I'm taking a tour of Camden Yards earlier in the day. When I was in Seattle & San Francisco recently, I toured the baseball parks there, too. It's fun.
    One man stands alone awaiting
    for her to come home
    eyes upon the horizon
    in the dark before the
    darkness leaves the dawn
  • danny ddanny d Posts: 90
    I grew up in baltimore and if I were you guys I would hop on I83 north,(signs right outside of venue),go north for about 10-12 minutes to timonium area.Prices in harbor-downtown area are jacked up.Cant miss timonium.You will see it off the right side of 83N,its the first non residential area,plenty of restaurants, bars,hotels etc.Its cheaper and a much nicer part of town.By the way Ill be there first night(awesome)Good Luck
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    i'm psyched!

also, reading this thread, outside of iluvcats, i really don't *know* anyone who's going to this show....kinda cool! even traveling all over, i usually do know a good # of people attending the same shows as me, so this is a first.....well at least the first since the 2003 tour. :) looking forward to meeting new jammers!

I don't know how I will find catwoman (if it is really noisy, she might not hear her cell phone) and I just told her to jump on the stage with Ed (like fans did at beatles' concerts when I was 5 years old.) Then, I'll know what she looks like ;) How about you too?
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Catwoman1Catwoman1 Posts: 482
    iluvcats wrote:
    i'm psyched!

I don't know how I will find catwoman (if it is really noisy, she might not hear her cell phone) and I just told her to jump on the stage with Ed (like fans did at beatles' concerts when I was 5 years old.) Then, I'll know what she looks like ;) How about you too?

I'd love to jump on stage with Ed!!!

I will put my phone on vibrate and hold it in my hand after Liam's set. If you call, I should feel it even if I can't hear it!
    You can't be neutral on a moving train.
    sounds like a plan, catwoman. now, how do i find decides2dream since i'll probably get there right at 7:30?

i think you need to wear a catwoman suit like halle berry wore in the movie. if the lyric opera house is as chilly as the warner theatre was, you will need it :D
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    I just got a hotel at Holiday Inn Inner Harbor for N2. $50 on Priceline - 3 star. Pretty good if you ask me, and in between the venue and the night life.
  • MC78498 wrote:
    For Crabs in the city:
    http://www.obryckis.com/
    http://bobrooks.com/

This is one of the best places to eat crabs but it's outside of the city so if you are not renting a car then it's not worth it but I thought I would mention it for the locals who are on the board.
    Sea Side Resturant
    http://theseasiderestaurant.com/

If you are making a weekend out of it, the inner harbor rocks. There is plenty to do...a lot of bars and restaurants to pick from.

Check out Federal Hill, good bars and it is closer to the harbor/Camden Yards then Canton or Fells.
    http://www.mothersgrille.com

You cannot go thirsty in Baltimore. There are plenty of watering holes.

If you do make it down to Canton make sure to eat at Nacho Mamas and order the 'Nawlens Shrimp. But be prepared to stand in line for a table. It's very popular on the weekends unless you go there for lunch. Also they have some of the best margaritas.

As for the shows, I'll be attending Baltimore 1. Can't wait. For those who have not been to the Lyric Opera House you are in for a treat.
    Thanks for the info. Hope to see many folks from this board in B-more.
  • Catwoman1Catwoman1 Posts: 482
    Red Lukin wrote:

The Inner Harbor will be filled with tourists, so you'll be fine. Just be street smart -- don't leave valuables in plain sight in your car, don't flash large amounts of cash in stores & restaurants, etc. The venue is north of the Inner Harbor, in a quaint area called Mount Vernoon that always reminds me of Europe. Again, be street smart, and you'll be fine. There are definitely areas you want to avoid at night, but Baltimore is undergoing a lot of change, and feels a lot safer than it did thirty years ago when I was a student there. There are places that I avoided way back then that are now fun places to live.
    You can't be neutral on a moving train.
    Red Lukin wrote:

that's right, just go rent some dvds of "The Wire" and that's how b'more is...

I exhibited there at the convention center and had to go to my car at night alone 10 years ago and luckily no one jumped me! We've never had trouble at the inner harbor. But I agree with catwoman.
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • WashedWashed Posts: 736
    I have 2 extra non-10 club tickets for night one in Baltimore that I'm unfortunately not going to be able to use as planned. They're in the back, but they're in the building! :D

I'll sell for face ($ 187.50) but will consider a lowering the price if you've got some Eddie memorabilia you'd like to trade. Would like to have an EV autograph, tambourine, pick, original setlist, etc.

Just let me know; PM if you're interested...

Thanks!
    this city is so filthy, like my mind in ways
  • embraceembrace Posts: 849
    Yay! The board presence at this show seems as though it will be some of the people who's comments and insights I always appreciate reading. Looking forward to great energy and a good date with my man!
    got a car...got some gas...oh let's get out of here-get out of here fast...
    I hope you get this message but your not home...I will be there in just a minute or so...
    I want to go but I want to go with you.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime. -MT

I've had enough, said enough, felt enough. I'm fine, still in it.
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    bump!
    one more week - weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
    leaving for baltimore saturday morning, yay for vacation!
    8-)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• arqarq Posts: 7,980
    I'm getting ready for the next week! But it seems like we are going to have a crappy weather :(
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,039
    arq wrote:
    I'm getting ready for the next week! But it seems like we are going to have a crappy weather :(
    it's not gonna rain inside on ya :mrgreen:
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest