Options

I'm confirmed, Baltimore 2!

Comments

• Options
    AlessianaAlessiana Posts: 329
    rawpixels wrote:
    Thanks for all your help, folks!

If anyone is interested, I'm staying at the Renaissance Harborplace Hotel, which is on East Pratt Street. It's a 4 Star hotel and I got it for $95 on Priceline. The room normally goes for $150.

Anywhere in the inner harbor is good. renaissance is nice and right in the middle of everything

gawsh... like wow. this is so fucking wierd. i uh.. yeah, pratt street.

Aless

Tell them you love them. Never let the mundane, the unimportant, or worse, the misunderstood, be the final words of parting.

Tell them.
  • Options
    rawpixels wrote:
    rawpixels wrote:
    Thanks for all your help, folks!

If anyone is interested, I'm staying at the Renaissance Harborplace Hotel, which is on East Pratt Street. It's a 4 Star hotel and I got it for $95 on Priceline. The room normally goes for $150.

Anywhere in the inner harbor is good. renaissance is nice and right in the middle of everything

Awesome...very psyched! It looks like walking distance to Camden Yards, too.

I love Camden Yards. You will love it too. Awesome ballpark. It was the first of it's kind. I'm so glad the REAL name Camden Yards has stuck to it, rather than whatever corporate entity... paid whatever amount.

Aless

Tell them you love them. Never let the mundane, the unimportant, or worse, the misunderstood, be the final words of parting.

Tell them.
  • Options
    jgregerjgreger Posts: 6
    Me too!! Can't wait to go!! :D
  • Options
    Congrats to all! I'm in for Baltimore 1, SOOO excited, as the lyric is 10 minutes from my house.

Advice to out-of-towners: I saw someone recommend Sound Garden (record store) in Fells Point, a good recommendation, but if you're looking for the best used books and records around, go to Normal's on E. 31st street. My uncle is one of the owners and they have gotten Best in Baltimore in the City Paper numerous years in a row. It is incredible!

Just a sidenote :)

My boyfriend and I are psyched for this....it's going to be amazing!
  • Options
    choopchoop Posts: 1,060
    i'm in too. philly is my local show, but i'll be at bonnaroo the 11th and 12th. i have quite the drive to get to this show, but i'd be making the drive anyway, this is just added motivation. lol.
    "If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: The only proof he needed for the existence of God was music." KV Jr.
  • Options
    Congrats to all! I'm in for Baltimore 1, SOOO excited, as the lyric is 10 minutes from my house.

Advice to out-of-towners: I saw someone recommend Sound Garden (record store) in Fells Point, a good recommendation, but if you're looking for the best used books and records around, go to Normal's on E. 31st street. My uncle is one of the owners and they have gotten Best in Baltimore in the City Paper numerous years in a row. It is incredible!

oooo nice.

YES. Charles Village is a great place to go. This is where John's Hopkins University is (not the hospital) located. It's an awesome area. I used to live off 29th and Maryland Ave.

This is what Baltimore is. It's neighborhoods. They're all different. and many are interesting and have cool places to go.

Dude, isn't there a very unusual club up in Charles Villiage??? Open late, eclectic mix of straight and gay and just plain weirdly wonderful? I can't remember the name. Maybe it's closer to Remmington?

Aless

Tell them.
  • Options
    julienovajulienova Posts: 118
    Do NOT stay near the theater. It isn't a bad location, just everything is in harbor area, and there are cabs/light rails to the theater. Water Taxis move from Fells Point, Little Italy, Inner Harbor, Federal Hill. In short, in Baltimore, be on water. So any hotel in those areas is good, but Inner Harbor for Camden Yards.

We stayed here after visiting folks at Thanksgiving, in Inner Harbor, near Camden Yards, close to Federal Hill. - http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/interconti ... /baltimore

Oh, and I'm confirmed to the show!
  • Options
    Alessiana wrote:

oooo nice.

YES. Charles Village is a great place to go. This is where John's Hopkins University is (not the hospital) located. It's an awesome area. I used to live off 29th and Maryland Ave.

This is what Baltimore is. It's neighborhoods. They're all different. and many are interesting and have cool places to go.

Dude, isn't there a very unusual club up in Charles Villiage??? Open late, eclectic mix of straight and gay and just plain weirdly wonderful? I can't remember the name. Maybe it's closer to Remmington?

Do you mean Club Charles? I'm not too big on nightlife, but that is where I went for my 21st birthday last year. It was very cool, I felt so hip, haha. Definitely check out Normal's, though!
  • Options
    Alessiana wrote:

oooo nice.

Do you mean Club Charles? I'm not too big on nightlife, but that is where I went for my 21st birthday last year. It was very cool, I felt so hip, haha. Definitely check out Normal's, though!

No but that might be more comfortable for some people. The place I'm thinking of is more arty. Oh well. I'll surf around.

Aless

Tell them.
  • Options
    Red BurritoRed Burrito Posts: 476
    The wife and I will be there!!
    the sorrow grows bigger, when the sorrow's denied
  • Options
    julienova wrote:
    Do NOT stay near the theater. It isn't a bad location, just everything is in harbor area, and there are cabs/light rails to the theater. Water Taxis move from Fells Point, Little Italy, Inner Harbor, Federal Hill. In short, in Baltimore, be on water. So any hotel in those areas is good, but Inner Harbor for Camden Yards.

We stayed here after visiting folks at Thanksgiving, in Inner Harbor, near Camden Yards, close to Federal Hill. - http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/interconti ... /baltimore

Everything touristy is at the harbor. I'll agree with that. About being on the water in Baltimore as being the only thing well, whatever floats your boat. LOL.

Aless

Tell them.
  • Options
    This is for people who think Baltimore is The Wire (which I admit might have been the best tv show ever made but that's beside the point)

http://www.citypaper.com/bob/story.asp?id=16325

Aless

Tell them.
  • Options
    katellis.katellis. Posts: 27
    i have an extra ticket for night two if someone wants to trade for night one. email me at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:ksellison@gmail.com">ksellison@gmail.com</a><!-- e -->. (i used to be on this board under the name katellis with a few thou posts a few years back.)
  • Options
    N_Jay_HN_Jay_H Posts: 171
    Just made reservations at, BALTIMORE AT THE STADIUMS, Holiday Inn Express, 1701 RUSSELL ST.

Never been to Baltimore, but this looks like a decent area, yes, no?
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,375
    KE94173 wrote:
    i have an extra ticket for night two if someone wants to trade for night one. email me at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:ksellison@gmail.com">ksellison@gmail.com</a><!-- e -->. (i used to be on this board under the name katellis with a few thou posts a few years back.)

Emailed.
  • Options
    inmytree1380inmytree1380 Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Posts: 155
    Got my confirmation as well. As of now my brother, who was 100% in, is skeptical that he is going. So we'll see what happens with that. I plan on making a weekend out of it, then head back to Pittsburgh on the 16th to see Ted Leo + Pharmacists...great mini vacation coming up.
    2000: Pittsburgh
    2003: Pittsburgh
    2004: Toledo
    2005: Pittsburgh
    2006: Cleveland, Pittsburgh
    2008: D.C.
    2009: Toronto, Philly IV
    2010: Cleveland
    2011: East Troy I & II
    2013: Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Baltimore
    2014: Austin I
    2016: Fort Lauderdale, Hampton, Philly II, Chicago II
  • Options
    I got in, I am from the Boston area but wanted to go to Baltimore anyways. Taking my sister will be her first Eddie experience. Already booked my hotel room even before I had ticket confrimation. Will be a good time i am excited. :lol::mrgreen:
  • Options
    julienovajulienova Posts: 118
    Alessiana wrote:
    julienova wrote:

Everything touristy is at the harbor. I'll agree with that. About being on the water in Baltimore as being the only thing well, whatever floats your boat. LOL.

I'm from Baltimore, born in Annapolis, raised just south of town near the Severn River, so I'm a bit boat biased. My post was from a tourist's standpoint, where getting around might be an issue. The Intercontinental is far enough away from Harbor Place proper that you aren't smack in the midst of the kite salesmen, you can walk to Camden Yards, and Cross Street Market and Federal Hill aren't far away. Better than Fells Point and all the drunken frat boys. Where you would tell folks to stay?
  • Options
    yellowporchyellowporch Posts: 510
    I'm in Baltimore 1..arq didn't you say you went on priceline? if so hook me up with that hotel name man that seemed like a good deal lol...if it wasnt you then disregard
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    arq wrote:
    I received the email! I'm in for Baltimore 2

Who's going?

very glad you got the tkts!

I'm goin' to Atlanta after all, my BFF got tkts so I'm going with her, very very very excited! :D
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    foresterforester Posts: 90
    WooHoo, can't believe it. I don't usually fair well in these things....Will be at night 2 with a beloved family member in tow. Congrats to all who made it, and good luck to all trying for TM.
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,940
    I'm in Baltimore 1..arq didn't you say you went on priceline? if so hook me up with that hotel name man that seemed like a good deal lol...if it wasnt you then disregard

It wasn't me, rawpixels founded a 4 stars hotel for $94!!! he checked priceline but i couldn't find that hotel at that price... :roll: but well i'll be in baltimore just for the day of the gig, i'll spend the weekend on DC!
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    I moved to Towson (which is like 15 mins north), but B'more downtown is awesome and fun. Obrycki's for crabs is good, the Nest is a solid place to drink just tell Jud you know Jebus (long story but you will drink a lot before the show). Also the Brewer's Art is close to the show and has a good dinner and specialty drink place. Anyway I'm thinking maybe we should organize something, my wife and I are in, and if she's lucky my cousin and a companion as well...
  • Options
    fuckfuck Posts: 4,069
    I'm in for baltimore 2 as well
  • Options
    MC78498MC78498 Maryland Posts: 47
    For Crabs in the city:
    http://www.obryckis.com/
    http://bobrooks.com/

This is one of the best places to eat crabs but it's outside of the city so if you are not renting a car then it's not worth it but I thought I would mention it for the locals who are on the board.
    Sea Side Resturant
    http://theseasiderestaurant.com/

If you are making a weekend out of it, the inner harbor rocks. There is plenty to do...a lot of bars and restaurants to pick from.

Check out Federal Hill, good bars and it is closer to the harbor/Camden Yards then Canton or Fells.
    http://www.mothersgrille.com

You cannot go thirsty in Baltimore. There are plenty of watering holes.

If you do make it down to Canton make sure to eat at Nacho Mamas and order the 'Nawlens Shrimp. But be prepared to stand in line for a table. It's very popular on the weekends unless you go there for lunch. Also they have some of the best margaritas.

As for the shows, I'll be attending Baltimore 1. Can't wait. For those who have not been to the Lyric Opera House you are in for a treat.
    A good compromise, a good piece of legislation, is like a good sentence; or a good piece of music. Everybody can recognize it. They say, 'Huh. It works. It makes sense.'
    Barack Obama
  • Options
    I'm in for Baltimore 1! This is so frigin awesome; I hope I have the same luck the next time PJ comes around my area again. I've lived outside of Baltimore all my life; it's just like any other city - some great spots, and some very rough spots just blocks away from the great spots. You really can't go wrong with Fell's, the Inner Harbor area (very touristy), Canton, Fed Hill, Power Plant area (pretty much inner harbor). Lyric Opera house is right off 83 before you even hit the heart of the city (in Mount Vernon area). I've heard decent things about the venue. Never been there before myself, surprisingly.

Congrats to all who won!!
  • Options
    Inner harbor is a great time..Philips Restaurant isn't bad for crabs..it's not the best in MD (you need to go to annapolis for that), but being a NY'er (like I am) you won't know the difference.. :lol:

If you're in baltimore for the weekend you lucked out..There's a little italy at the inner harbor and they just happen to have their Italian street festival all weekend..think San Genaro but on a MUCH smaller scale..

Power Plant is a great restaurant/bar scene if that's your thing, and that's at Inner Harbor too.. Enjoy the show! I'll be at Balt 1! Thanks 10C
  • Options
    iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    My husband won the lottery for B'more 2.

I sure hope he takes me ;)

sounds like there will be multiple cat lovers there!
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    mangia1976 wrote:
    Inner harbor is a great time..Philips Restaurant isn't bad for crabs..it's not the best in MD (you need to go to annapolis for that), but being a NY'er (like I am) you won't know the difference.. :lol:

If you're in baltimore for the weekend you lucked out..There's a little italy at the inner harbor and they just happen to have their Italian street festival all weekend..think San Genaro but on a MUCH smaller scale..

Power Plant is a great restaurant/bar scene if that's your thing, and that's at Inner Harbor too.. Enjoy the show! I'll be at Balt 1! Thanks 10C

coolness!
    i think i need to bookmark this thread, take some notes. we're hitting baltimore 2, but we decided to make it a 4 day trip. heading down from NY on saturday and back home tuesday. figure that will give us some time to explore/enjoy baltimore and of course, catch ed. :P

i already booked our hotel last night. staying at one of the sheratons, bout 3 blocks from the inner harbor i believe? i can't remember now, nor can i remember what street it's on. we got a really good deal going for 3 nights b/c i am a starwood preferred member and they have a special rate promotion going on for the rest of the year. i think the regular quote was $129 a night if anyone is interested, and/or i am sure you can perhaps do better on priceline.

i am psyched!
    8-)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,887
    If anyone likes baseball from out of town- make sure to check out Camden yards- the O's play Atlanta at home that weekend and you can get good seats for very cheap- especially on Sundays. Camden is pretty much the model that a lot of new parks were built off of.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...