Options

I'm confirmed, Baltimore 2!

arqarq Posts: 7,940
edited June 2009 in The Porch
I received the email! I'm in for Baltimore 2

Who's going?
"The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Catwoman1Catwoman1 Posts: 482
    Me too!!!! My lovely daughter & I are going.
    You can't be neutral on a moving train.
  • Options
    hokejdhokejd Posts: 10
    me too!
    9/24/96 Columbia, MD; 8/25/98 Pittsburgh, PA; 9/05/00 Pittsburgh, PA
    4/26/03 Pittsburgh, PA; 5/03/03 State College, PA; 7/01/03 Washington, DC
    7/05/03 Camden, NJ; 7/12/03 Hershey, PA; 10/1/04 Reading, PA
    10/3/05 Philadelphia, PA; 5/28/06 Philadelphia, PA
    5/30/06 Washington, DC; 6/22/08 Washington, DC
  • Options
    PJStatTrackerPJStatTracker Posts: 2,400
    My brother and I are going! I got shut out of Baltimore 1, but he got Baltimore 2, so we'll see all you fools there...gonna be great! 2500 seating capacity.
    Download the unofficial <a href="http://bit.ly/PJStatTracker">Pearl Jam Stat Tracker</a> app for iPhone/iPad. It's <em>FREE.</em>

PM me with any comments or suggestions for the app - or weigh in <a href="http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=167611
    ">here</a>.
    or
    <a href="http://www.facebook.com/pjstattracker">Join the discussion on facebook</a>

• Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,887
    I'll be there as well
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    5against1-5against1- Posts: 1,101
    I'm there, saw Ed last tour and for those who didn't see him solo yet your in for a great show!! Everyone in the place will have good seats but ours will be excellent!!!! :D
    This too shall pass.....
  • Options
    PJFAN_seattlePJFAN_seattle Posts: 2,965
    CONGRATS :D Let me know how it is.
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    arq wrote:

Who's going?

YAY!
    me too!
    :mrgreen:

so you can count me and mr. dream.
    8-)

*excited*
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    Im in too!

soo excited!
    "thats the way you do it, thats the way you debate..."
    --Will Ferrell
  • Options
    5against1-5against1- Posts: 1,101
    Do you guys think he might play Dock of the Bay?
    This too shall pass.....
  • Options
    rawpixelsrawpixels Posts: 912
    I'm going to Baltimore 1. Just got tickets to the Orioles game on the 13th and used Priceline and got a nice 4 star hotel right on the Harbor for $95! It's gonna be an amazing weekend!

So, where's the best place for crab???
    One man stands alone awaiting
    for her to come home
    eyes upon the horizon
    in the dark before the
    darkness leaves the dawn
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,375
    rawpixels wrote:

There's a great place in Fell's point who's name escapes me... if I can remember I'll post it up for you.
  • Options
    TrAvELAr wrote:
    rawpixels wrote:

There's a great place in Fell's point who's name escapes me... if I can remember I'll post it up for you.

Cool...thanks, but where's Fell's Point? :) I'm a NYC guy
    for her to come home
    eyes upon the horizon
    in the dark before the
    darkness leaves the dawn
  • Options
    rawpixels wrote:
    TrAvELAr wrote:
    rawpixels wrote:

I'm not an expert (I live in Baltimore county) and I'm sure someone will correct me, but the Inner Harbor is basically made up of Canton and Fell's Point. So either you are in Fell's Point, or a 10 minute walk.
  • Options
    rawpixels wrote:
    TrAvELAr wrote:
    rawpixels wrote:

Just take a cab, It is a few blocks form the harbor. Canton needs a cab probably as well. You can also check out Federal hill, lots of good bars there too. try going to Pickles before the game, right across the street from Camden yards.
  • Options
    AlessianaAlessiana Posts: 329
    I can hardly believe it. We are going. WOW.

Aless

Tell them you love them. Never let the mundane, the unimportant, or worse, the misunderstood, be the final words of parting.

Tell them.
  • Options
    Alessiana wrote:
    I can hardly believe it. We are going. WOW.

Congrats! I know you were looking forward to it (like the rest of us). :)
  • Options
    My wife and I will see you all there!!!
    "...what a different life had i not found this love with you..."
  • Options
    Catwoman1Catwoman1 Posts: 482
    [/quote] There's a great place in Fell's point who's name escapes me... if I can remember I'll post it up for you.[/quote]

Cool...thanks, but where's Fell's Point? :) I'm a NYC guy[/quote]

I'm not an expert (I live in Baltimore county) and I'm sure someone will correct me, but the Inner Harbor is basically made up of Canton and Fell's Point. So either you are in Fell's Point, or a 10 minute walk.[/quote]

(Here's know-it-all Catwoman butting in)... The Inner Harbor is to the west of Little Italy and Fells Point. Fells Point is to the west of Canton. Obrycki's is a great crab house in Fells, and Bo Brooks is a great crab house in Canton. Take the water taxi around the harbor to get around.
    You can't be neutral on a moving train.
  • Options
    Catwoman1 wrote:
    There's a great place in Fell's point who's name escapes me... if I can remember I'll post it up for you.[/quote]

I'm not an expert (I live in Baltimore county) and I'm sure someone will correct me, but the Inner Harbor is basically made up of Canton and Fell's Point. So either you are in Fell's Point, or a 10 minute walk.[/quote]

(Here's know-it-all Catwoman butting in)... The Inner Harbor is to the west of Little Italy and Fells Point. Fells Point is to the west of Canton. Obrycki's is a great crab house in Fells, and Bo Brooks is a great crab house in Canton. Take the water taxi around the harbor to get around.[/quote]

Obrycki's... that was it. :) Thanks Catwoman!
  • Options
    TrAvELAr wrote:
    rawpixels wrote:

To which rawpixels replied:
    "Cool...thanks, but where's Fell's Point? :) I'm a NYC guy"

Best crab places are in neighborhoods. I am sure there's one in Fells Point. But you'll want to take a cab.

You definitely want to check out Soundgarden in Fells Point. This is Balitmore City's independant record store. There are also some great clubs in town and wow... I just heard The Senator Theater has been saved by the city (the Senator is the last of the great movie theaters)... lol, great place for Eddie but he's way too popular to gig there.

Best music station is listener supported 89.7, WTMD - they play independant music, support local artists (for real, they don't "pretend") and worked to save the Senator. I think one idea is that we can use The Senator for artist showcases.

Not only am I having trouble believing I got tickets, I'm having trouble believing Eddie's playing Baltimore. Charm City gets no respect. USUALLY

Anyway, on my way into work today I was listening to the radio and they were listing upcoming shows and they said "and now the big one, Eddie Vedder and Liam Finn at the Lyric".

LOL Is this real? Maybe more people will play here now!

Aless

Tell them you love them. Never let the mundane, the unimportant, or worse, the misunderstood, be the final words of parting.

Tell them.
  • Options
    Catwoman1 wrote:
    There's a great place in Fell's point who's name escapes me... if I can remember I'll post it up for you.[/quote]

(Here's know-it-all Catwoman butting in)... The Inner Harbor is to the west of Little Italy and Fells Point. Fells Point is to the west of Canton. Obrycki's is a great crab house in Fells, and Bo Brooks is a great crab house in Canton. Take the water taxi around the harbor to get around.[/quote]

Bo Brooks is in Canton now? They used to be out on Belair Road. Don't laugh at me if they moved like 10 years ago. I remember Bo Brooks on Belair Road when I would visit my cousins here as a child (I am a native nyer).

BO BROOKS - go there absolutely, and if they still have cream of crab soup, buy it!!

For crab cakes, G&M in Linthicum is considered by many to be the best. I don't believe in eating crab cakes anywhere other than Baltimore. They're crap elsewhere.

Aless

Tell them.
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    I'm in for Baltimore 2. Curious, what's the area by the venue like? I watched a show on TV called Intervention and the part they showed on TV, well lets just say I don't wanna end up there. Can anyone recommend some good areas for hotels? Are there decent hotels by the venue?
  • Options
    Red Lukin wrote:
    I'm in for Baltimore 2. Curious, what's the area by the venue like? I watched a show on TV called Intervention and the part they showed on TV, well lets just say I don't wanna end up there. Can anyone recommend some good areas for hotels? Are there decent hotels by the venue?

+1
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

• Options
    jeffer96jeffer96 Posts: 136
    arq wrote:

Who's going?

My wife and I will be there. I can't wait!
  • Options
    jeffer96 wrote:
    arq wrote:

Who's going?

My wife and I will be there. I can't wait!

There's going to be a lot of couples in this gig, looks like a PJ couples retreat ;)
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

• Options
    Thanks for all your help, folks!

If anyone is interested, I'm staying at the Renaissance Harborplace Hotel, which is on East Pratt Street. It's a 4 Star hotel and I got it for $95 on Priceline. The room normally goes for $150.
    for her to come home
    eyes upon the horizon
    in the dark before the
    darkness leaves the dawn
  • Options
    superfuzz30superfuzz30 Posts: 372
    Well, i got shut out of Balt. 1...so ticketmaster it is...ah well, i got 10C seats to both DC shows last time.

But if anyone would happen to have an extra either night, id be more than happy to help you find it a home, haha.
  • Options
    rawpixels wrote:

If anyone is interested, I'm staying at the Renaissance Harborplace Hotel, which is on East Pratt Street. It's a 4 Star hotel and I got it for $95 on Priceline. The room normally goes for $150.

Anywhere in the inner harbor is good. renaissance is nice and right in the middle of everything
  • Options
    Red Lukin wrote:

Baltimore is like any east coast city. It has good places. It has not so good places. I'd recommend a hotel around the Inner Harbor although if I were going to stay, I'd want to stay on Charles Street, assuming the OMNI hotel is still there. The reason is, that as interesting as the inner harbor is, it's not as interesting as the little stores on charles street (walking north) and the area around the Peabody Institute.

But I haven't been downtown in a long time. My job moved to the county. I went with the job. I don't know how the economy has hit Charles Street. : ( These were all small businesses, very original, very interesting, gee... I'm bumming out just thinking about it.

Aless

Tell them.
  • Options
    rawpixels wrote:

Anywhere in the inner harbor is good. renaissance is nice and right in the middle of everything

Awesome...very psyched! It looks like walking distance to Camden Yards, too.
    for her to come home
    eyes upon the horizon
    in the dark before the
    darkness leaves the dawn