Into The Wild Vinyl

PABLINHOPABLINHO Posts: 221
edited December 2009 in The Porch
I don´t know what do you think but I´ve been trying to buy a copy of Into the Wild vinyl but the prices are over 200 british pounds!!! I think it could be interesting if the Tenclub make more copies available to avoid paying so much money for a record.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jmkjmk Posts: 425
    Same goes for the Benaroya Hall vinyl set. Why don't we make a petition to have these two re-issued! These first pressings will still be valuable and remain collectors items, even if re-issues were to be released.
    Stockholm - 07/07/2012
  • JohnBriggsJohnBriggs Posts: 101
    One of these days I will score one.
  • Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    I'm looking for Into the Wild and Benaroyal Hall on vinyl too but the prices are outrageous! If you start a petition to the Ten Club about reissuing these on vinyl...add me to your list!
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    jmk wrote:
    Same goes for the Benaroya Hall vinyl set. Why don't we make a petition to have these two re-issued! These first pressings will still be valuable and remain collectors items, even if re-issues were to be released.

I already own both Benaroya Hall and ITW on vinyl and I would be in favor of re-issuing these. Too many people were left out on the original sale and because of the limited pressings, the prices have shot out of range of the average person. You are right that the original pressings will still hold their value, so no one who owns them should worry about the value plummeting. Though the odds are slim, it wouldn't hurt to try.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    I already own both Benaroya Hall and ITW on vinyl and I would be in favor of re-issuing these. Too many people were left out on the original sale

That's the whole idea behind limited pressings... limited.
    You are right that the original pressings will still hold their value, so no one who owns them should worry about the value plummeting.

The value will not 'plummet' but it will certainly decrease. A lot of people looking for these albums are not collectors per se, they are just the people who did not get one in the original sale. Most of them really don't care if it is an original press or not. If a re-issue is to flood the market, those are the ones that will purchase it and no longer seek the 'original'. Therefore less demand for the original (because demand was not for the 'status of the item' - ie original but for the item itself, ie a vinyl), therefore lower price for the original pressing.
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    redrock wrote:
    I already own both Benaroya Hall and ITW on vinyl and I would be in favor of re-issuing these. Too many people were left out on the original sale

That's the whole idea behind limited pressings... limited.
    You are right that the original pressings will still hold their value, so no one who owns them should worry about the value plummeting.

The value will not 'plummet' but it will certainly decrease. A lot of people looking for these albums are not collectors per se, they are just the people who did not get one in the original sale. Most of them really don't care if it is an original press or not. If a re-issue is to flood the market, those are the ones that will purchase it and no longer seek the 'original'. Therefore less demand for the original (because demand was not for the 'status of the item' - ie original but for the item itself, ie a vinyl), therefore lower price for the original pressing.

I see you're point about the value decreasing a bit. But for me, I don't really care about what it's worth. Honestly. I don't plan on ever flipping it for $$. I enjoy listening to it every now and again and that's the beauty of it. For me it's like any other record I own, when I feel like listening, I do. Whether it's worth $7 or $700 I will enjoy it either way. I wouldn't care if they were re-issued because more people could enjoy them like I do.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    I have a sealed ITW on vinyl for anyone that has a B-Ham 98 poster :mrgreen:
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • I think they should re-release Benny Hall for sure

1st pressings always maintain their value with hardcore collectors, and it is they who are shelling out the $600+ for the Benny LPs
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,765
    seeing how rare my ITW is makes me pissed it arrived with a tear on the inside cover. my favorite piece of vinyl i own by far still!
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • does anyone know anything about the ITW picture disc vinyls? i saw one on ebay a while back that sold for mad cash like 600 or 700 but the thing looked pretty sweet. anyone have any idea how many are out there or where to buy one?
    if you think what I believe is stupid, bizarre, ridiculous or outrageous.....it's ok, I think I had a brain tumor when I wrote that.
  • I'm looking for Into the Wild and Benaroyal Hall on vinyl too but the prices are outrageous! If you start a petition to the Ten Club about reissuing these on vinyl...add me to your list!

Me to, same with Lost Dogs and rearviewmirror.
    Rock Werchter 4 july - 2010, Arras 3 july - 2010, Berlin Wuhlheide - June 30, 2010, Odyssey arena Belfast - 23 june 2010, O2 arena Dublin - june 22 2010, O2 arena London - Aug 18, 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009, Berlin Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009, Copenhagen 2007-06-26 Forum, London 2007-06-18 Wembley Arena, Prague 2006-09-22 Sazka Arena, Denmark 2000-06-30 Roskilde Festival, Stockholm on August 12th Mirrorball tour with Neil Young, Oslo 1993-06-27 Isle of Calf Festival(Kalvoya), Oslo Secret Club Concert 1993-06-26 Sentrum Scene
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    does anyone know anything about the ITW picture disc vinyls? i saw one on ebay a while back that sold for mad cash like 600 or 700 but the thing looked pretty sweet. anyone have any idea how many are out there or where to buy one?

there are about 150-200...they were given out to the cast and crew i believe
    ComeToTX wrote:
    seeing how rare my ITW is makes me pissed it arrived with a tear on the inside cover. my favorite piece of vinyl i own by far still!
    Where did you get yours from? My cover had a tear on the top bit (I think a number were damaged like that). I e-mailed and got a replacement cover (obviously they could not send a 'complete' replacement.
  • ITW should be made available again, the thing that pisses me off are those not even playing it and probably don't even own a deck or have any plans to buy one.

Well I'm one of the black circlers since 94 and I've had enough of it, Benny I'm not that fussed about, yeah it would be nice but RVM would be what I'd really like and ITW as well.

I'm sure when PJ had their statement about vinyl on Vitalogy sleeve didn't intend people to buy loads of copies then post pictures of sealed copies to piss other fans off. Those who are saying they are investments are likely to see the value decrease when superior better packaged versions emerge over the next few years and serves you fucking right.

I've never bought vinyl for it to be worth more, it's to be played, I recently managed to secure via Ebay John Frusciante's album "Inside of Emptiness" on vinyl and I'm chuffed to bits. I bought awesome Empyrean recently and followed it with with the Kid A flavoured "A Sphere In The Heart Of Silence" . Under the impression I'd be waiting for the unlikely repressing of this I managed to win it for $46, it's sealed and not played. I guarantee you I'll putting an end to that when it arrives, it will be going on the turntable again and again.

I'm reliably informed by my friend who turned me on to John F that this is his best album yet and pretty damn rare to get hold of but it won;t becoming something to stick on the wall, I'm gonna spin that black circle.

Vinyl is superior and more fulfilling than digital formats and it's a crime to see it as wall art, play it or sell it to someone who will, you can't take it with you.
  • SolarWorldSolarWorld Posts: 1,902
    I heard ten club still has a number of beny sets locked up at the warehouse.
  • pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,845
    i would definitely be in favor of re-issuing both of them. who wouldnt? let's be honest. screw ebay
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18, 9/24/21 (EV&Earthlings), 9/26/21, 9/11/2022, 9/14/2022, 9/7/2024, 9/9/2024, 9/12/2024
    redrock wrote:
    ComeToTX wrote:
    Where did you get yours from? My cover had a tear on the top bit (I think a number were damaged like that). I e-mailed and got a replacement cover (obviously they could not send a 'complete' replacement.

this site
    ComeToTX wrote:
    this site

Mine was from Aural Exploits. If they got spare covers, 10C must have had some....
  • My into the wild had a tear on the top..i bought it to listen to..not keep in shrink wrap...I listened to benna vinyl thursday night....sounded amazing...i think the drop in the park ...seattle vinyl was recorded perfect...and might the best pj vinyl..havn't heard soldier stadium vinyl yet..probably awesome quality too.
  • zdogbonezdogbone Posts: 117
    ITW should be made available again, the thing that pisses me off are those not even playing it and probably don't even own a deck or have any plans to buy one.

Well I'm one of the black circlers since 94 and I've had enough of it, Benny I'm not that fussed about, yeah it would be nice but RVM would be what I'd really like and ITW as well.

I'm sure when PJ had their statement about vinyl on Vitalogy sleeve didn't intend people to buy loads of copies then post pictures of sealed copies to piss other fans off. Those who are saying they are investments are likely to see the value decrease when superior better packaged versions emerge over the next few years and serves you fucking right.

I've never bought vinyl for it to be worth more, it's to be played, I recently managed to secure via Ebay John Frusciante's album "Inside of Emptiness" on vinyl and I'm chuffed to bits. I bought awesome Empyrean recently and followed it with with the Kid A flavoured "A Sphere In The Heart Of Silence" . Under the impression I'd be waiting for the unlikely repressing of this I managed to win it for $46, it's sealed and not played. I guarantee you I'll putting an end to that when it arrives, it will be going on the turntable again and again.

I'm reliably informed by my friend who turned me on to John F that this is his best album yet and pretty damn rare to get hold of but it won;t becoming something to stick on the wall, I'm gonna spin that black circle.

Vinyl is superior and more fulfilling than digital formats and it's a crime to see it as wall art, play it or sell it to someone who will, you can't take it with you.

i totally agree.. I paid 120 for binaural from the good 'ol bay.. oh how it had eluded me.. How long do you think it took me to rip it open and slap it down and throw on my sennheisers? :ugeek:
    Three crooked hearts and swirls all around... I miss you all day
  • not for me?not for me? Posts: 501
    ITW should be made available again, the thing that pisses me off are those not even playing it and probably don't even own a deck or have any plans to buy one.

Great post!
    Nathan
  • hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,927

Judgmental much? It's not your place to tell people why or how they should collect their vinyl. Not everybody has or can afford a turntable. Some people like the oversized artwork. Not everyone is an anal audiophile who can tell the difference between CD and vinyl. I could see maybe getting pissed if there were original songs on these vinyls that can't be heard anywhere other than a turntable but virtually every song available on vinyl is available on cd or in some sort of digital audio format. Benaroya is readily available at any record store. Sorry you might only be able to hear a small bit of Ed's tambourine on a silver disc as opposed to a somewhat clearer tambourine sound on a red vinyl.

And yes some buy it as an investment. Congrats on buying vinyls in order to play them and I apologize on behalf of the non-pretentious people on this board who don't buy them for the same reason you do.
    i collect vinyl to listen so it wasn't a huge deal. i am upset that in my SDE i got 2 disc 1's of drop in the park and haven't heard back on getting the 2nd one yet.
  • norm wrote:
    does anyone know anything about the ITW picture disc vinyls? i saw one on ebay a while back that sold for mad cash like 600 or 700 but the thing looked pretty sweet. anyone have any idea how many are out there or where to buy one?

there are about 150-200...they were given out to the cast and crew i believe

wow i didnt know that...i want a picture disc

now that i have a full-time paying job im buying the next 'roya vinyl i see on the bay
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • You can buy a turntable for $100...sure it's not a big fancy perfect one, but it's new and it gets the job done until you decide it's worth it to you to blow more serious money on a turntable....

I frame and hang the album covers and carefully store the vinyl, so it can be listened to and the art can be enjoyed...

If Pearl Jam ever plays Billings, MT I promise to have a MAJOR BBQ at my house and you are all invited for free...just BYOB...and, no, I am not kidding!!!

But, I do have 2 little children, so's ya can't sleep over after the show, but a free meal amongst friends?

YEAH!!!!! :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
  • bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,092
    You can buy a turntable for $100...sure it's not a big fancy perfect one, but it's new and it gets the job done until you decide it's worth it to you to blow more serious money on a turntable...
    And by then, all your vinyl that you've been playing on your cheap turntable/stylus are ruined. I prefer to save my vinyl for the day I buy the turntable I want. Knowing that I'll be dropping it down on virgin unplayed vinyl is what keeps me collecting...
  • strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    redrock wrote:
    ComeToTX wrote:

Sheeit - I didn't even think about getting a replacement cover. Both of ours arrived like that with splits in the top.
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • bazzer wrote:
    You can buy a turntable for $100...sure it's not a big fancy perfect one, but it's new and it gets the job done until you decide it's worth it to you to blow more serious money on a turntable...
    And by then, all your vinyl that you've been playing on your cheap turntable/stylus are ruined. I prefer to save my vinyl for the day I buy the turntable I want. Knowing that I'll be dropping it down on virgin unplayed vinyl is what keeps me collecting...

I hear ya on that, but you can buy good stylus's that won't damage your records...I personally own a ridiculously expensive turntable, but I'm saying this for those who have purchased used LPs that they really want to listen to...not for diehards, obviously
  • bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,092
    bazzer wrote:

I hear ya on that, but you can buy good stylus's that won't damage your records...I personally own a ridiculously expensive turntable, but I'm saying this for those who have purchased used LPs that they really want to listen to...not for diehards, obviously
    I was thinking more of the setup than the needle primarily (where's the picture of the Fisher Price turntable that's always being posted?).

What are you running?
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,535
    Aural Exploits offered replacement covers? Crap! Mine has a tear on the top as well, but I figured they were in such scarce supply all I'd get was my money back, and I rather keep the vinyl.

Oh well at least I have a copy :)