Options

Pearl Jam in Toronto Fall '09

13»

Comments

• Options
    et21et21 Posts: 112
    MY FAMILY LIVES IN CANADA and I'm LONG over due for a visit!

THis is awesome!!! I may not have to pay for transportation and lodging... Holy crap. :D If this is true, and my family agrees to go, I might be able to see more shows and possibly more EV solo shows b/c of all the $ I'll save. :D
    I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,954
    Hi Toronto! wave.gif
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,011
    BeerBaron wrote:
    LukinFan wrote:
    BeerBaron wrote:
    Atlanta
    :mrgreen:
    It is a hotbed! I am very surprised that they skipped it in '08.
    I'm wondering if it was because it was so close to Bonnaroo.

PJ loves Atlanta- if they play the East Coast in 09, I'm sure they'll play it
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    lowlight79lowlight79 Posts: 205
    The outside place in toronto would be dope.
    "Only curfews can keep us down"
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    lowlight79 wrote:
    The outside place in toronto would be dope.
    Personally I would rater drive an hour and a half to see them play the HSBC in Buffalo than drive 15 minutes down the road to "the outside venue in Toronto", but to each his own :)
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    et21 wrote:

THis is awesome!!! I may not have to pay for transportation and lodging... Holy crap. :D If this is true, and my family agrees to go, I might be able to see more shows and possibly more EV solo shows b/c of all the $ I'll save. :D
    I hope your family lives in southern Ontario then ... Canada is a BIG country. lol :lol:
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    DB41DB41 Posts: 539
    demetrios wrote:
    Hi Toronto! wave.gif

Hi Demetros!
  • Options
    Please God don't be on Sept 16th or 17th!!!!! (U2 is here at the Dome on those nights)

I started working at the Amp last summer. I have orientation in 4 weeks. I'll see what I can find out at that time (if nothing has been officially announced).
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,941
    Please God don't be on Sept 16th or 17th!!!!! (U2 is here at the Dome on those nights)

I started working at the Amp last summer. I have orientation in 4 weeks. I'll see what I can find out at that time (if nothing has been officially announced).
    If history repeats itself, PJ will be here on the 18th with a special appearance by the world's largest turd himself!
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options

Please god make it a Sept 16th & 17th Pearl Jam night! :P
  • Options
    Deebs41 wrote:
    demetrios wrote:
    Hi Toronto! wave.gif

Hi Demetros!

hi Deebs! :)
  • Options
    benjs wrote:
    If history repeats itself, PJ will be here on the 18th with a special appearance by the world's largest turd himself!
    You took the words right out of my mouth :evil:
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

Gee thanks D. Thought you WANTED to see me at the shows. :(
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    BeerBaron wrote:
    benjs wrote:
    BLEH!!!!! :(
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • Options
    lukin14lukin14 Posts: 287
    Deebs41 wrote:
    Pearl Jam AND Aerosmith.

thats funny because my best man is a huge aerosmith fan and went to PJ in 05 (Halifax) with me. he liked it so much we agreed we'll go see both if they tour this year.. here's hoping only 1-2 dyas between each in Toronto so we can save money on travelling...
    life is the study of dyin'
    and how to do it right
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Options
    lukin14lukin14 Posts: 287
    BeerBaron wrote:
    et21 wrote:

I hope your family lives in southern Ontario then ... Canada is a BIG country. lol :lol:

i was going to say the same.. world's 2nd largest landmass actually!
    life is the study of dyin'
    and how to do it right
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Options
    BeerBaron wrote:
    benjs wrote:

How many curics is he?
    Anyone?
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,572
    demetrios wrote:

:lol::lol::lol:
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

I will see you at those show's! Forget U2. I'm taking you with me to see Pearl Jam! 8-)
  • Options
    lukin14 wrote:
    BeerBaron wrote:
    et21 wrote:

i was going to say the same.. world's 2nd largest landmass actually!

:) I guess I should have said my family lives in Mississauga. But yeah, I've been there around 13 times each time for a week or 2. I used to go every year but haven't since 2005. I was thinking of going this year anyway and a PJ show will make it very possible. :) Oh, how I love Canada!
  • Options
    et21 wrote:

:) I guess I should have said my family lives in Mississauga. But yeah, I've been there around 13 times each time for a week or 2. I used to go every year but haven't since 2005. I was thinking of going this year anyway and a PJ show will make it very possible. :) Oh, how I love Canada!
    Cool. That's where I live. I will give you a lift to the show :)
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

I will see you at those show's! Forget U2. I'm taking you with me to see Pearl Jam! 8-)
    [/quote]

I promised a friend I would go to U2 with her...I am a woman of my word D so there is a good chance you WON'T see me at PJ ifs those dates. MAYBE I'll do 1 and 1 if my friend won't hate me for ditching her for one night.
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

I promised a friend I would go to U2 with her...I am a woman of my word D so there is a good chance you WON'T see me at PJ ifs those dates. MAYBE I'll do 1 and 1 if my friend won't hate me for ditching her for one night.

Mel, i'm just kidding around with you! :) I hope PJ doesn't play on those nights, so you can have a good time watching Bono 360 with your friend!

Happy Easter! :)
  • Options
    BeerBaron wrote:
    et21 wrote:

If it's not too much trouble could you guys detour to Thornhill to grab me?
    I'll even feed you and hit you up with some gas money.

:D
  • Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    September 16th is a very special night. A little band from Seattle came to Ottawa and put on what is still the best concert I've ever seen.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    inMytree_19inMytree_19 Toronto, Canada Posts: 177
    Really really hoping for another atlantic canada stop on this upcoming tour. Halifax 09' pleeease :D
    2008 - Mansfield
    2008 - Montreal (EV Solo)
    2011 - East Troy PJ20
    2011 - Ottawa
    2014 - Denver
    2015 - Rio de Janeiro
    2016 - Toronto x2
    2018 - Boston x2
    2022 - Quebec, Hamilton, Toronto
  • Options
    lukin14 wrote:
    Deebs41 wrote:
    Pearl Jam AND Aerosmith.

thats funny because my best man is a huge aerosmith fan and went to PJ in 05 (Halifax) with me. he liked it so much we agreed we'll go see both if they tour this year.. here's hoping only 1-2 dyas between each in Toronto so we can save money on travelling...

I'm just glad that news was useful to someone!
  • Options
    megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    my family is in love with aerosmith..they go to every show and ive never gone.
    i mean who could love one band so much?..
    o wait :oops:
    well this is cool cause i can hitch a ride with the aerosmith show and finally get them to come to pj with me!
  • Options
    BeerBaron wrote:
    et21 wrote:

Thanks. Hopefully one of my family members can take me there as I have NO city driving experience and am not too good of a driver in general anyway. Or maybe I could take public transportation there like I did for that big Rolling Stones concert back in 2003.
  • Options
    Really really hoping for another atlantic canada stop on this upcoming tour. Halifax 09' pleeease :D

8-)