Options

When Will the 10C Make the Announcement?

LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,017
edited April 2009 in The Porch
So when does everyone think we're gonna hear something official from the 10C for some possible Ed shows- maybe even a small tour? Originally I was thinking this Friday- if I remember correctly, they announced his first solo tour on a Friday. How I can remember that, I have no clue. :D

But now with Jack Johnson announcing this show late tonight, I'm thinking we might even get an announcement tomorrow afternoon.

What do you think?
www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
1998: Birmingham
2000: Charlotte, Tampa
2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
2004: Kissimmee
2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
2010: MSG2
2012: Music Midtown
2014: Memphis
2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
2022: Nashville
2023: Ft. Worth II
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Local CrewLocal Crew Posts: 745
    we will get a Tweet first!
    Walk Tall, Kick Ass, Learn to Speak Arabic, Love Music, and Never Forget You Come From a Long Line of Truth Seekers, Lovers, and Warriors. HST

CHILLIN LIKE BOB DYLAN!!!
  • Options
    PJFAN_seattlePJFAN_seattle Posts: 2,965
    I think keep dreaming...
    i doubt hes gona have a tour in the near future.
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • Options
    Local Crew wrote:
    we didn't get one for the Ed shows last year
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    LukinFan wrote:
    Local Crew wrote:
    we didn't get one for the Ed shows last year
    And I don't expect one this time either. Too few tickets to have to worry about reminding people to renew to be eligible.

The first 2 legs of Ed shows only had about 2 months of warning. So it could be any time between now and the end of April, depending on when the tour kicks off ...
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    Dissident67Dissident67 Posts: 565
    my guess is we are a week away, my prediction is next tuesday
    "Change don't come at once, it's a wave, building before it breaks"
  • Options
    Isn't it UTTERLY RIDICULOUS to think that Ed will be doing another mini solo tour when they are IN THE FREAKIN MIDDLE OF RECORDING THE NEW ALBUM!!!???

Stop dreaming already and embrace reality...
  • Options
    Isn't it UTTERLY RIDICULOUS to think that Ed will be doing another mini solo tour when they are IN THE FREAKIN MIDDLE OF RECORDING THE NEW ALBUM!!!???

maybe it means the album is near finished and he will have time to tour before its released?

its a nice thought :D
  • Options

how do you know the record isnt done? how sure are we they are in the "middle" of recording.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,564

So you're saying even the Kokua Festival deal is not real and Jack Johnson is talking out of his ass? I really don't think so.
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    Hey, Ten Club did already tell us this week about Flight To Mars. That's all the news they are giving until May. That's how they roll.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    To be hontest am I the only one who would rather a pearl jam than an Eddie vedder tour? the solo tour was good, but I'd rather a full band tour than a solo tour.
    I never knew soap made you taller.
  • Options
    To be hontest am I the only one who would rather a pearl jam than an Eddie vedder tour? the solo tour was good, but I'd rather a full band tour than a solo tour.

definitely not, i would much rather see the whole band than just ed. ed's solo shows were absolutely amazing but i would still much rather get the whole band and a new album
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    I don't know about the rest of you but I got this very important email from 10C a couple of days ago. ;)

:P
    "Dear Ten Club member,

This is just a friendly reminder that your membership has either expired or is about to expire. PLEASE NOTE: You now have 3 months from the date of your expiration to renew and retain your member number and seniority. If you renew after the 3-month grace period, you will receive a new member number and lose all established seniority. Please follow the instructions below to renew your membership and retain your seniority status:

1. You can renew at the online store at http://www.tenclub.net. Use your email address and password to log in. Enter the GOODS section of the site and proceed from there. Please DO NOT re-register with new information or it will create a new account and membership for you without your seniority. We only accept VISA or Mastercard.

2. You can renew through the US Post. Just send in the membership fee of $20.00* if you live in the US, or $25.00* if you live outside of the US. Please be sure your member number appears on all checks or money orders.

Send your payment to:

TEN CLUB
    MEMBERSHIP
    PO BOX 81429
    SEATTLE WA 98108

Washington State residents need to add $1.78 for our state sales tax. If you renew with your VISA or MASTERCARD information, (remember to include the 16 digit number, the exp. date, and your credit card billing address). Once we receive your renewal fee, your membership will be good for 1 more joy riding, fun-filled year with the TenClub!

If you have any questions, please do not reply to this email, just send your questions to <!-- e --><a href="mailto:info@tenclub.net">info@tenclub.net</a><!-- e -->.

Thanks,

Ten Club"
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    I'm sure everyone here would rather a PJ tour over Ed, but an Ed tour will hold us over until the fall 8-)
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,083
    with the ed appearance this weekend, ed appearance next may, flight to mars / shadow show & 2 green river show's .. all played out till may .. i can't see another ed solo tour go down in june, and again in the east coast of the usa!

i mean, there is TOO many sources flying left & right that it's just getting out of hand & pretty intense. some say the album is complete, so now they will be doing their solo gigs, ed will do june tour, and pearl jam tour in fall? what happened to that rumor pearl jam will hitting the west coast for a few show's, like they did for the june '08 tour? :?

what would be cool is to see maybe ed fly to europe, hit a few amazing outdoor theaters for a few solo acts for the month of june, but another solo tour again in usa/cdn .. so close to the album being complete? ed jammed the east coast & west coast of usa/cdn. know we are spoiled & all, but share the passion, right?

it all boil's down to .. if the recordings for the new album is complete or not complete .. i would rather see them finish up this gem, complete it 100%, then when the time comes, when everybody is set & ready, they can begin to rock the world once again! :)

D
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,353
    if ed does another solo tour...seattle better get a fuckin get a REAL show
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,564
    if ed does another solo tour...seattle better get a fuckin get a REAL show

It's probably just Vedder's way of saying "FUCK YOU!" to those who moved to Seattle JUST for the sake of this band.
    Nah....I don't think he gives a fuck. I guess they're just evil :D
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,737
    This makes a lot of sense...

this years tour was postponed because of a 'pregnancy in the band'...its not Eddies by all accounts...

So hes got a gap in his diary, when the new record will be finished so this makes a lot of sense to get out there and do what he loves
  • Options
    rawpixelsrawpixels Posts: 912
    My prediction is:

-New PJ album announcement coming in June, with a release date in August.
    -Mini tour announced not long after the album news in June, with shows starting in mid Sept. in..
    -Seattle
    -San Fran
    -Portland
    -Chicago
    -Austin
    -NY/NJ
    -Boston
    One man stands alone awaiting
    for her to come home
    eyes upon the horizon
    in the dark before the
    darkness leaves the dawn
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585

unless he plays in Florida (which I doubt) I won't be travelling to see Ed, I saw him in Vancouver and the show was awesome! but now I'm flying to Seattle for the FTM show, so the funds I have left will be for a PJ show later this year.
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    When all the venues are confirmed, when everybody knows the exact dates and when the tickets are two days from going on sale and have been on ticketmaster (accidentally) for a week... THEN, and only then, will we get the announcement ;)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    edited April 2009
    I would love to go to one of these Ed solo shows since I missed out on the ones last year. I'm also keeping my fingers crossed for a PJ fall tour...I know they just played in Boston last year but I'm hoping they make another stop here. With all the rumors about them playing at the Spectrum in Philly which is close to Boston gives me hope that they will play a few shows in Massachusetts.
    Post edited by Vedder_Girl77 on
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    I know they just played in Boston last year but I'm hoping they make another stop here. With all the rumors about them playing at the Spectrum in Philly which is close to Boston gives me hope that they will pay a few shows in Massachusetts.

Im hoping for that too, traveling up the east coast from FL is much cheaper than flying to the West Coast or Texas 8-)
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,886
    Not until all the legal BS is done with
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    I know they just played in Boston last year but I'm hoping they make another stop here. With all the rumors about them playing at the Spectrum in Philly which is close to Boston gives me hope that they will pay a few shows in Massachusetts.

Im hoping for that too, traveling up the east coast from FL is much cheaper than flying to the West Coast or Texas 8-)

I feel selfish wishing for more east coast shows but it is so much more affordable for me too! :P
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Options
    wma11wma11 Posts: 790
    Can anybody tell me what Jack Johnson said? Was it an Ed appearance at Kokua or something?
    I met my wife here...you can too! Don't lose hope!
  • Options
    wma11 wrote:
    Can anybody tell me what Jack Johnson said? Was it an Ed appearance at Kokua or something?
    http://www.kokuahawaiifoundation.org/auction/2009
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    Oz JammerOz Jammer Posts: 9,858
    LukinFan wrote:
    wma11 wrote:

There may be a few Aussies going to this show. Hopefully we won't be locked out of Ten Club tix like all of Ed's previous shows :(
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,780
    We already got the pre-announcement email, a few weeks ago. Remember the email that advised that you to get your account in order – making sure email addresses are in sync, etc. etc. etc.

We will be hearing soon enough about PJ shows, not Ed shows.

Trust me, I’ve been around these parts here long enough to the know the signs. It’s a coming . . .
  • Options
    wma11wma11 Posts: 790
    LukinFan wrote:
    wma11 wrote:
    Thanks Rog, I read somebody saying that JJ is talking out his ass, but that seems to be pretty legit...
    I met my wife here...you can too! Don't lose hope!