Options

The official TENCLUB - SDE - FUCK UP!

Comments

• Options
    dannydanny Posts: 2,271
    What happened?
    What is this mess?
    How come the ten club haven't come up with an explanation or at least an excuse?
    How come we can still buy the SDE from the tenclub for 40$ more than on Amazon plus this abnormal shipping taxes for International shipping plus an additional UPS charge of i don't know how much?
    OH YEAH its a privilege to buy for TenClub, man i'm so in love with Pearl Jam i'm gonna give them my money for free!
    THIS IS THE FIRST OFFICIAL FUCKIN TENCLUB MESS UP!

i agree with you,we can all say you shouldnt buy it but why should we pay more from 10c if i would have known i wouldnt have especially when i could have saved money!
    danny d
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,017
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but BB and other commercial retailers can sell this stuff for less because of all the other items they sell that makes a profit. Obviously the SDE didn't cost $140 to produce. I'm willing to bet it cost less than 1/2 that. So even BB is making a profit selling it at $125.
    damn good call
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    love-boat-captainlove-boat-captain Essex. UK Posts: 476
    Most of you are missing the point.
    I live in the UK and got mine from tenclub, I knew I'd get stung on the shipping, I have Pontiac and whenever I order parts I have to pay duties, so I expected the same.
    But I have to agree, as fanclub members we should be entitled to a few privalegies.
    It's fair to offer it the same retail price as other stores, a bonus if they can offer it to fan a tiny bit cheaper, but not very good to make it more expensive.
    I made my decision to buy from tenclub and pay a little more with perhaps getting lucky on a signed copy. Didn't get a signed copy and I'm cool with that. It's a lottery, but it seems no one won the lottery???

I will CLOSE by adding, the reason I never post on this forum is because I can't stand the brown nosing that goes on on here.

Brainwashing is right, but I don't think tenclub is responsible for that, I think you brainwash yourselves to prove you're a number 1 fan.

Although some may not appreciate my opinion, I hope you can respect it.

Peace.
    London 29-10-96, London 29/30-5-00, London 20-4-06, Reading 27-8-06, London 18-6-07, London 11-8-09, London 18-8-09, London 25-6-10, Berlin 30-6-10 / PJ20 3/4-9-11, Manchester 20-6-12, Amsterdam 26/27-6-12, EV-London 30/31-7-12, EV-Orlando 27-11-12
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,604
    What happened?
    What is this mess?
    How come the ten club haven't come up with an explanation or at least an excuse?
    How come we can still buy the SDE from the tenclub for 40$ more than on Amazon plus this abnormal shipping taxes for International shipping plus an additional UPS charge of i don't know how much?
    OH YEAH its a privilege to buy for TenClub, man i'm so in love with Pearl Jam i'm gonna give them my money for free!

Yawn.jpg
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    PorchsitterPorchsitter Loganville, GA Posts: 1,069
    After so many years on this board, I am still amazed and saddened that there are so many whiners that....you know what?! Why should I even bother?
    We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.--Bill Hicks
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,276
    never said they shouldn't make money from music,

owl-orly.jpg
    No
    Because PJ is not a band supposed to make profit out of their fans!
    Simple as that!
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Cinnamon GirlCinnamon Girl Posts: 1,854
    edited March 2009

I will CLOSE by adding, the reason I never post on this forum is because I can't stand the brown nosing that goes on on here.

Well I don't know about brown nosing...I bought my membership with the following expectation; fan club tickets, some exclusive mech, annual single, and Deep. Anything after that is gravy. I pay $25. a year, which is a decent price for a membership and I am pleased with it. I don't delude myself into thinking I deserve more.

Consumers need to be wise. It's our money and we choose who gets it.
    Post edited by Cinnamon Girl on
    05-10-06, 08-05-07, 06-14-08 , 08-12-08(EV), 06-11-09(EV), 06-12-09(EV), 08-21-09, 05-10-10, 09-11-11, 09-12-11, 07-16-13, 07-19-13, 10-12-13, 10-21-13, 10-22-13,
  • Options
    CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    Poncier wrote:
    never said they shouldn't make money from music,

owl-orly.jpg
    No
    Because PJ is not a band supposed to make profit out of their fans!
    Simple as that!
    :lol::lol::lol:
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,092
    After so many years on this board, I am still amazed and saddened that there are so many whiners that....you know what?! Why should I even bother?

+1
  • Options
    azwyldcatsazwyldcats Posts: 702
    way too much time on your hands
    And I'm not living this life without you, I'm selfish and clear
    And you're not leaving here without me, I don't wanna be without
    My best... friend. Wake up, to see you could have it all
  • Options
    PearlJamaholicPearlJamaholic Posts: 2,014
    pj has taken to milking their fans lately, im not that surprised by this. i pre-ordered the day they started with them and just now found out i could have gotten the set a bit cheaper else where. i figured since it was a tenclub pre-order something exclusive would have come with like the into the wild cd or the recent dvd, both had shirts. i dont care about autographs im not 12 anymore, so whatever. i didnt think they would be charging more than everyone else, but like i said im not surprised.
  • Options
    Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    I am sick of these threads where all people do is bitch, bitch and bitch some more.

I bought mine from the Ten Club and if I had the chance to do it all over again...I would buy from the Ten Club again!

GET A LIFE! :x
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Options
    Thorns2010Thorns2010 Posts: 2,199
    You guys are just brainwashed!
    I meant that charging more for no reason (because there is none) is not what a band like pearl jam usually do, never said they shouldn't make money from music, said they shouldn't charge the hell of us for no reason, that's all
    but yeah this a forum for stubborn fans who don't want to put ou a negative comment everI
    I let you guys pass the soap on PJ....
    Anyway i'm gonna get the fuckin deluxe for at least 55$ less than most of you and it wont be signed ... but yours isn't signed either hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    Still don't think there is something wrong?
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You are buying it for $85??? Where?
  • Options
    PJFAN_seattlePJFAN_seattle Posts: 2,965
    CJMST3K wrote:
    If ONE more person posts a thread whining about the price I am gonna shoot myself in my head.

If I hear your "brother" song automatically play just one more time, I'm gonna help you do it.

;)

hahaha....
    :lol:
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • Options
    OceansMagnetOceansMagnet Posts: 1,031
    Well, considering how many bootlegs I have downloaded from other users for free, I feel as if I owed the band the full price on this package... Tenclub=Pearl Jam.. I would much rather the guys make 100% of the profits rather than some faceless heartless corporation... considering that the money from this will probably be used to help fund the production of the next record, and considering the financial, cultural, social, and environmental responsibility they have shown... You know the money you spend with them will be used wisely... Good Karma... :mrgreen:
  • Options
    ElzarElzar Posts: 966
    please! enough of the endless complaints.

First of all, as many have mentioned, you (the OP) were never forced to make the purchase.

AND if you live in another country, do you NOT know you will have to pay customs, VAT, etc? I understanding the UPS charges are excessive, and that is the fault of UPS and NOT 10c. You know if you order something from outside of your home country, you will have to pay more to receive it, thats the way it goes. Again, the charges are because your government (or authorities) and/or UPS wants to gouge you, NOT 10C.

when i bought the Radiohead in rainbows limited box, retail was something like $35, i paid $100 to get it to the states. I just purchased Liam Finn's album and 7" single from transgressive and it cost me over $80, almost 3 times as much as retail, then they told me i had to pay a little more ($22 more) to cover VAT and whatever else - I said fine, whatever, thats how it is if i buy from outside the US. I paid over 250% more than i should have, but thats the price to pay for something that is not shipped from your home soil. I didnt blame W.A.S.T.E. UK or Transgressive for ME paying 2-3 times more than i would if i lived there - so why are guys blaming 10C? that is wrong and stop your bitching about stupid shit.

And those complaing about saving $12 or whatever if you buy from Best Buy, I say if you are that hard up for $12, then maybe you should think a little before making a purchase next time. Personally, I am very happy with my purchase, and would rather support the band by purchasing directly, rather than support big box stores who are always trying to undercut everyone and their mothers stores.

go ahead flame me all you want. Im just tired of the non-sense bitching.

peas
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    bhigh901 wrote:
    Well, considering how many bootlegs I have downloaded from other users for free, I feel as if I owed the band the full price on this package... Tenclub=Pearl Jam.. I would much rather the guys make 100% of the profits rather than some faceless heartless corporation... considering that the money from this will probably be used to help fund the production of the next record, and considering the financial, cultural, social, and environmental responsibility they have shown... You know the money you spend with them will be used wisely... Good Karma... :mrgreen:

That is a great point. I never thought of that. +1

to the OP: ................................................ :lol::lol::lol:
    Whatever you say
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    Elzar wrote:

First of all, as many have mentioned, you (the OP) were never forced to make the purchase.

AND if you live in another country, do you NOT know you will have to pay customs, VAT, etc? I understanding the UPS charges are excessive, and that is the fault of UPS and NOT 10c. You know if you order something from outside of your home country, you will have to pay more to receive it, thats the way it goes. Again, the charges are because your government (or authorities) and/or UPS wants to gouge you, NOT 10C.

when i bought the Radiohead in rainbows limited box, retail was something like $35, i paid $100 to get it to the states. I just purchased Liam Finn's album and 7" single from transgressive and it cost me over $80, almost 3 times as much as retail, then they told me i had to pay a little more ($22 more) to cover VAT and whatever else - I said fine, whatever, thats how it is if i buy from outside the US. I paid over 250% more than i should have, but thats the price to pay for something that is not shipped from your home soil. I didnt blame W.A.S.T.E. UK or Transgressive for ME paying 2-3 times more than i would if i lived there - so why are guys blaming 10C? that is wrong and stop your bitching about stupid shit.

And those complaing about saving $12 or whatever if you buy from Best Buy, I say if you are that hard up for $12, then maybe you should think a little before making a purchase next time. Personally, I am very happy with my purchase, and would rather support the band by purchasing directly, rather than support big box stores who are always trying to undercut everyone and their mothers stores.

peas
    i thought all of this was spot on, and the bold is just taking the words out of my mouth. i don't get what's with all the "omg they have it soooooo much cheaper at amazon and best buy!" if it's only $12 cheaper, is that really something to be worked up over?? and with the tax and what not at amazon, even if you get free shipping it still costs $135, i checked, so you're saving $5. if you REALLY needed that extra 12 or 5 dollars then you really shouldn't be paying for the boxset in the first place.
    PJ: 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/18/13, 8/7/16
    eV: 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 6/21/11
    SG: 10/4/08<-- MET STONE!!!
  • Options
    PinstrpsPinstrps Posts: 109
    Oh yeah selling something for a price far above it's real value is not a fuck up?
    Adding abnormally expensive shipping charges is not a fuck up?
    The UPS taxes drama is not a fuck up?
    Give me a break!
    This whole "you can buy elsewhere" or "if u don't like it don't buy it" typical answers is just plain stupid, man i love this band but i'm not blind, you can't defend them on this!!!!

How is it just stupid when people say you can buy it somewhere else if you want?? Fact is you can....so go do it. How is that stupid?
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    Big Box stores sell new releases for less on opening week. Band websites don't normally have sales like that.

If I'm correct the release is still being distributed by Sony, who has deals with retail outlets.
    NERDS!
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,092
    Elzar wrote:

peas

i agree with you 100%! i've been collecting music from all over the world via imports, bootlegs, rare gems etc.. for many, many, MANY year's and i know what i am dealing with when it comes to customs, taxes, oversea shipping costs, etc..

some stores make money, some stores losses money. times, things balance out!

the random bitching about the cost of sold music lately here is insane. you have a choice! nobody has a gun to your head to buy it. it's your money & it's your life. if you don't like the price, there's other in-store or online stores to purchase it.
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    I say by morning this thread will be locked. lol :shock: :lol::D:)
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385

they should lock it now. man, no offense to anyone that has a complaint here....but i am sick of all of the complaining. yes, i am sick of myself because i am complaining about everyone elses complaining. 8-)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 wrote:

they should lock it now. man, no offense to anyone that has a complaint here....but i am sick of all of the complaining. yes, i am sick of myself because i am complaining about everyone elses complaining. 8-)

omg yes i agree lets please stop with these threads people before i pull out the shotgun
    Shows:
  • Options
    CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    I don't understand all this complaining about the SDE?!
    From the second I opened it the only words to come out of my mouth were "this is so cool" and I kept repeating it over and over and still do whenever I look at it. I have yet to give it a listen either for fear of messing it up (but as soon as I get my turntable working I'm gonna grab a beer and a pair of headphones and crash on the couch and give it the attention it deserves). I never once thought that I over payed for this, nor did I ever once regret spending the money. This is really a cool thing to have of a band that you really love and I for one am grateful to the band for reissuing this album this way. I LOVE it! :mrgreen::mrgreen:
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • Options
    I don't understand all this complaining about the SDE?!
    From the second I opened it the only words to come out of my mouth were "this is so cool" and I kept repeating it over and over and still do whenever I look at it. I have yet to give it a listen either for fear of messing it up (but as soon as I get my turntable working I'm gonna grab a beer and a pair of headphones and crash on the couch and give it the attention it deserves). I never once thought that I over payed for this, nor did I ever once regret spending the money. This is really a cool thing to have of a band that you really love and I for one am grateful to the band for reissuing this album this way. I LOVE it! :mrgreen::mrgreen:

whats the "Extra stuff" in it? im really jealous im gonna buy it when it gets chepaer.
    Shows:
  • Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Should have started a new thread so PJ_kid could waste his time reading through it and making pointless comments. REMEMBER TO GET YOUR WHOLE HEAD IN FRONT OF THE SHOTGUN!

Just like someone else said it's funny to see everyone brown nose. This is obviously Pearl Jam's most blatant sell-out with more to come over the next couple of years. I'm all for them making $$$ and I've said it before. I think what has most of the complainers mad is the product is less expensive elsewhere. That should be the 10Cs case. I myself was only interested in the DVD but being as that is not available seperately I will pass.
    #FHP
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,856
    What happened?
    What is this mess?

I would just chalk it up as a "lesson learned"

if they Re-Issue the rest of the albums....

you now know to wait.....and get a better deal elsewhere....

Im thinking 90% of the people jumped on this album for the "chance to get an autographed copy"....now they would never admit to that......but thats the way i see it....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    What happened?
    What is this mess?

I would just chalk it up as a "lesson learned"

if they Re-Issue the rest of the albums....

you now know to wait.....and get a better deal elsewhere....

Im thinking 90% of the people jumped on this album for the "chance to get an autographed copy"....now they would never admit to that......but thats the way i see it....

Suckers !!
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    RazzyLaneRazzyLane Posts: 146
    The 10c price is more than fair. Yes, stores like Best Buy are selling it for a few dollars cheaper today, but they also mention a list price of $199.99. As has already been mentioned, big box stores can and do chose to sell new items at a discount, reducing or eliminating their profit margin to build foot traffic. Give it a few days and we'll see the price jump at many of these retailers and 10c will be the one offering it at a deal.
This discussion has been closed.