Options

Signed "Ten" Reissue Tread

Comments

• Options
    strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    Jesika537 wrote:
    I got this email this morning...

Hi,
    Certain box sets have been held for a later delivery date. Good things will come.
    10c

I live in Los Angeles and should have received mine yesterday. We can only hope for the best!

That doesn't sound very random to me. If this is the case it seems like 10Club chose who would receive the signed ones. Random would be just stuffing them in boxes and later putting shipping labels on them.

To be fair, it doesn't mean it wasn't still random - they could have randomly picked the names/numbers of the people who were going to receive signed ones.

It does, however, mean that what was said to Pdalowsky regarding the band coming in one day and signing as many as possible quite untrue. Saying that, with the fact that no-one has reported a signed copy yet probably means that's untrue regardless! If they knew only 50 (for example) were going to be signed, it would have ben nice to give us this figure.
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • Options
    CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    There are many ways to choose randomly. If they randomly chose names, and had to hold shipping to those names, how is that any less random?
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Options
    :P
    So I am not a regular reader here, but here since a while.
    So Al, thank you very much for this post. I needed one right now and I am glad it is coming from Ireland!

First surprise: It came already today! TODAY IN GERMANY, countryside! :)
    big surprise as it usually takes up to 4-6 weeks to get a delivery by tenclub.

Second surprise: NO area code for the DVD Unplugged. Into the wild was screwed up by the area code, but my worries got wiped out this time, of course ;)

Third surprise that leads me to pure happiness, all by surprise:
    IT IS PERFECT, the box set and the box and all is just perfect again.
    Everything and all together set together is so excellent so wonderful to me and made me smile so much, first that morning and now .... being able to listen: just and only :)

They are just the best band, artists, expressionists in this world and they just make me happy and believing, that there is hope in this sad world ;)

there are many more like PJ guys, I am aware and positive on... but as I love their music so much, I - through them- hear the words/ world that reflect me, that put it always so well and perfect and, hence, make me just happy.
    all good stuff: the remix well done, the old new songs funny and interesting, the tape just cool.
    :)

IRISH AL, hope you do not mind if I use this thread to scream out a bit
    DANKESCHÖN für DIESEN SCHÖNEN TAG IN MUSIC
    DANKE PEARL JAM, always for making me happy and in love+trust!

nicki
    :oops:
    there is no way to peace, peace is the way!
    ...the world is come undone, I like to change it everyday but change don't come at once, it's a wave, building before it breaks.
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    :P
    So I am not a regular reader here, but here since a while.
    So Al, thank you very much for this post. I needed one right now and I am glad it is coming from Ireland!

First surprise: It came already today! TODAY IN GERMANY, countryside! :)
    big surprise as it usually takes up to 4-6 weeks to get a delivery by tenclub.

Second surprise: NO area code for the DVD Unplugged. Into the wild was screwed up by the area code, but my worries got wiped out this time, of course ;)

Third surprise that leads me to pure happiness, all by surprise:
    IT IS PERFECT, the box set and the box and all is just perfect again.
    Everything and all together set together is so excellent so wonderful to me and made me smile so much, first that morning and now .... being able to listen: just and only :)

They are just the best band, artists, expressionists in this world and they just make me happy and believing, that there is hope in this sad world ;)

there are many more like PJ guys, I am aware and positive on... but as I love their music so much, I - through them- hear the words/ world that reflect me, that put it always so well and perfect and, hence, make me just happy.
    all good stuff: the remix well done, the old new songs funny and interesting, the tape just cool.
    :)

IRISH AL, hope you do not mind if I use this thread to scream out a bit
    DANKESCHÖN für DIESEN SCHÖNEN TAG IN MUSIC
    DANKE PEARL JAM, always for making me happy and in love+trust!

nicki
    :oops:

what a truly beautiful post. :D
    ENJOY it all to the fullest!

i have not recieved mine just yet, as it seems most east coasters, i am slated for a march 23rd delivery. the idea of a signed copy was purely added bonus and added another level of excitement to it all. if indeed those who did not get UPS tracking are those slated for signed copies - totally cool and all, still totally random - just wish they didn't make it so *obvious*.....b/c while i knew there was slim to none chance of it being signed, still liked the idea of *not knowing* until opening. either way....soooo looking forward to it and especially HAPPY to know of the drop in the park DL, awesome! 8-)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    edited March 2009
    Not signed here!

Oh, well I suppose I'll just have to have more fun carrying the book around with me and trying to get the guys to sign it in person! :D
    Post edited by strummers on
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • Options
    tubes10stubes10s Posts: 514
    relax folks!

why is everyone pretending that they suddenly know how many were signed, when they were signed, how many were sold, what your odds are of getting a signed one, and how the random process was done? nobody that would actually know has given an answer on any of these things! nobody posting here knows any of those numbers, and if they do know, they aren't saying.

relax and wait for yours to come on the big brown truck! it's gonna be awesome, signed or not, just be ready to enjoy!
    8-31-98 - Raleigh
    8-3-00 - Virginia Beach
    4-16-03 - Charlotte
    5-27-06 - Camden 1
    5-28-06 - Camden 2
    5-30-06 - DC
    6-17-08 - Virginia Beach
    6-22-08 - DC
    5-13-10 - Bristow
    10-27-13 - Baltimore
    10-29-13 - Charlottesville
    4-18-16 - Hampton
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,821
    bro's box set was received today; but D's box set hasn't!
    we both be living in nova scotia!

thinking ... thinking ...

;)
  • Options
    tubes10s wrote:
    relax folks!

why is everyone pretending that they suddenly know how many were signed, when they were signed, how many were sold, what your odds are of getting a signed one, and how the random process was done? nobody that would actually know has given an answer on any of these things! nobody posting here knows any of those numbers, and if they do know, they aren't saying.

relax and wait for yours to come on the big brown truck! it's gonna be awesome, signed or not, just be ready to enjoy!

+1

counting down to monday! :D
  • Options
    CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    tubes10s wrote:
    relax folks!

+1

counting down to monday! :D

Stone said to a forum member at a recent show that 30-40 are signed. Unless that person is lying, then that person is telling the truth. :)
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Options
    i read that thread about the 30-40 thing, and the way the guy told the story, it sounded like Stone could have easily been messing with him just as easily as he could have been absolutely serious. my point is, so many people are pretending that they know for sure how many were signed, and nobody here knows when it really comes down to it. don't forget, the advertisement in the pre-sale said "random sets" to be signed by the band. usually, random is never thought to be a large number, so i dont know what people were really expecting. hell, is anyone even sure where on the box set they will be signed? or how many members of the band signed each one?
    8-31-98 - Raleigh
    8-3-00 - Virginia Beach
    4-16-03 - Charlotte
    5-27-06 - Camden 1
    5-28-06 - Camden 2
    5-30-06 - DC
    6-17-08 - Virginia Beach
    6-22-08 - DC
    5-13-10 - Bristow
    10-27-13 - Baltimore
    4-18-16 - Hampton
  • Options
    supersarasupersara Posts: 57
    just opened mine in calgary, no signatures as far as i can see......
    however, this is the greatest thing since..... well.... ever.

ENJOY!!!
  • Options
    yes ma'am!
    8-31-98 - Raleigh
    8-3-00 - Virginia Beach
    4-16-03 - Charlotte
    5-27-06 - Camden 1
    5-28-06 - Camden 2
    5-30-06 - DC
    6-17-08 - Virginia Beach
    6-22-08 - DC
    5-13-10 - Bristow
    10-27-13 - Baltimore
    4-18-16 - Hampton
  • Options
    MudfestMudfest Posts: 1,025
    supersara wrote:
    just opened mine in calgary, no signatures as far as i can see......
    however, this is the greatest thing since..... well.... ever.

ENJOY!!!
    STILL WAITING for mine in calgary ...waiting...waiting .....

M
    ===
    "OH Canada...You are so Beautiful when you are Drunk." Eddie
    1993-08-14 Gimli Mb Motorsport Park
    03-05-30 Vanc;05-09-08 Wpg
    05-09-07 Sask Sk;05-09-04 Calg
    05-09-05 Edm Alb;05-09-02 Vanc
    06-07-02/ 03 Denver 1 + 2;06-10-21/22 Bridge 1 +2
    4/3 + 4/2/08 Vanc Vedder ; 6/24+25 MSG /Toronto 09/buffalo 10/EV Chic 1-2
  • Options
    PJBuckeyePJBuckeye Posts: 1,102
    If only 30-40 are signed, that would be very disappointing. I find it somewhat shaddy to market that some will be randomly signed and then only sign such a low number. We could have all bought ours for $15 cheaper at Best Buy.

Mine is waiting to be opened, but I'm not even excited. There is absolutely no chance of mine being inked.
    Chicago 6/29/98 - Nashville 8/17/00 - Cleveland 4/25/03- Chicago 6/18/03
    Chicago 5/16/06 - Milwaukee 6/30/06 - Bonnaroo 6/14/08 - Milwaukee (EV)8/19/08
    Chicago 8/23/09 - St. Louis 5/4/10 - East Troy 9/3/11 - East Troy 9/4/11
    Minor League Park 7/19/13 - Milwaukee 10-20-14 - Bonnaroo 6/11/16
    Minor League Park 8/20/16 - Minor League Park 8/22/16
    Minor League Park 8/18/18 - Minor League Park 8/20/18 - Los Angeles 4/16/20
  • Options
    gibbitsgibbits Posts: 500
    Mine was signed in invisible ink.
  • Options
    gibbits wrote:

I JUST got mine 5 mins ago.
    Mine is signed in invisible ink too lol. AND Jeremy came on the radio just as I was opening the door. :D

Now Hunger Strike is on!!!!
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    gibbits wrote:

I JUST got mine 5 mins ago.
    Mine is signed in invisible ink too lol. AND Jeremy came on the radio just as I was opening the door. :D

Now Hunger Strike is on!!!!

So cool that you got it already!
    Can't wait for mine on Monday :)
  • Options
    Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    Question: Has anyone who did not receive a shipment e-mail from UPS received their box set? and If you received it was it unsigned?

This might clear up some confusion around here.

I find it hard to believe that they would "hold" onto the signed ones for a later shipment date. What probably happened is they just did not have the all box sets ready to go on Monday or UPS failed to pick up all the box sets on Monday. What would they gain by sending out the signed box sets later than the unsigned ones?
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Options
    AmantriaAmantria Posts: 372
    someone had said before that maybe the guys didn't have time to sign, thats why they were shipped later. :?
    I'm hoping on some clarification as well - if it is the case that the signed ones are shipping later on, it takes a little away from the excitement
    Its good to be back!!
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    So, I'm one of those nerds who ordered TWO box sets. My idea was maybe increase the odds of getting a signed one for myself, and to hold onto the spare for a few years till they're all gone (wishful thinking at the time) and then sell it to help pay for some travel to a couple of shows.

But, both are to be delivered any time now today, and I never thought about how the stuff INSIDE might be signed. Since no one has posted about receiving a signed one yet, I don't know if I should open both... I wish I knew if the signed ones already had the shrink wrap removed or something. I know, at this point, the odds of getting signatures seem extremely slim. But, I also don't want to open one that I hope to sell some year in the future, it's not as valuable like any LP or anything else, once it's opened. And there's no way I can make it through the weekend without opening one! I figured by now, there'd be at least SOMEONE here who would have posted what/where it was signed.

And for the record, no, there is no way in hell I'd ever sell a signed one. :) So save your bashing.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    Cinnamon GirlCinnamon Girl Posts: 1,854
    Question: Has anyone who did not receive a shipment e-mail from UPS received their box set? and If you received it was it unsigned?

I find it hard to believe that they would "hold" onto the signed ones for a later shipment date. What probably happened is they just did not have the all box sets ready to go on Monday or UPS failed to pick up all the box sets on Monday. What would they gain by sending out the signed box sets later than the unsigned ones?

I think people are assume the signings were delayed, therefore the signed shipments were delayed. But everyone is just speculating based on those emails from Santos.
    05-10-06, 08-05-07, 06-14-08 , 08-12-08(EV), 06-11-09(EV), 06-12-09(EV), 08-21-09, 05-10-10, 09-11-11, 09-12-11, 07-16-13, 07-19-13, 10-12-13, 10-21-13, 10-22-13,
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742

I'd guess if they are holding the signed ones that there are not too many of them. And by holding on to them I'm assuming they are going to have extra efforts to 1. make sure they are all signed for @ delivery, 2. can track who got what and 3. use the tracking to make sure people aren't reselling them.

Just my guess, but all signs say that they did indeed hold them. I wish they would have said that upfront, so all of us that got those early tracking #s could have tempered our excitement, but the package is very cool so I'll get over it!
  • Options
    RELAX!!! every word that people are saying in this thread is speculation. just because nobody on this message board has posted about receiving a signed set yet really doesn't mean anything as far as whether or not ANYONE has received a signed one yet.
    8-31-98 - Raleigh
    8-3-00 - Virginia Beach
    4-16-03 - Charlotte
    5-27-06 - Camden 1
    5-28-06 - Camden 2
    5-30-06 - DC
    6-17-08 - Virginia Beach
    6-22-08 - DC
    5-13-10 - Bristow
    10-27-13 - Baltimore
    4-18-16 - Hampton
  • Options
    CC56367CC56367 Posts: 76
    So, I'm one of those nerds who ordered TWO box sets. My idea was maybe increase the odds of getting a signed one for myself, and to hold onto the spare for a few years till they're all gone (wishful thinking at the time) and then sell it to help pay for some travel to a couple of shows.

But, both are to be delivered any time now today, and I never thought about how the stuff INSIDE might be signed. Since no one has posted about receiving a signed one yet, I don't know if I should open both... I wish I knew if the signed ones already had the shrink wrap removed or something. I know, at this point, the odds of getting signatures seem extremely slim. But, I also don't want to open one that I hope to sell some year in the future, it's not as valuable like any LP or anything else, once it's opened. And there's no way I can make it through the weekend without opening one! I figured by now, there'd be at least SOMEONE here who would have posted what/where it was signed.

And for the record, no, there is no way in hell I'd ever sell a signed one. :) So save your bashing.

My god, you paid an extra $140 in the hopes of just getting their names written in marker on them? Ouch. That is an expensive lottery ticket,
  • Options
    drsluggo wrote:

Just my guess, but all signs say that they did indeed hold them. I wish they would have said that upfront, so all of us that got those early tracking #s could have tempered our excitement, but the package is very cool so I'll get over it!

what signs? you've got some folks saying that they received a shipping email from the Ten Club and UPS. Then you have some people saying that they received only a UPS email, and then you have some folks saying they've received no email whatsoever. Some of those that received no email at all have received their boxes, just like some of the ones that got emails.

again... relax folks.... and just see what's in your box when you get it. as of now, nobody is even sure where to look in the box set for the signatures! who's to say that there aren't people sitting out there right now with signed sets and have no clue?
    8-31-98 - Raleigh
    8-3-00 - Virginia Beach
    4-16-03 - Charlotte
    5-27-06 - Camden 1
    5-28-06 - Camden 2
    5-30-06 - DC
    6-17-08 - Virginia Beach
    6-22-08 - DC
    5-13-10 - Bristow
    10-27-13 - Baltimore
    4-18-16 - Hampton
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    CC56367 wrote:

My god, you paid an extra $140 in the hopes of just getting their names written in marker on them? Ouch. That is an expensive lottery ticket,

Well, and I was originally hoping I'd make $50-100 (or more) off an eventual resale with the list price at $200, and the tendency for Pearl Jam fans to pay more for stuff as time goes on (except the orange deluxe PJvsAmes which apparently goes for nothing on ebay now days). I thought this might sell out and be hard to find, and much more valued like the NIN box sets for example. But yeah, maybe not the wisest choice. :roll:
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,396
    The case is black. Unless they signed the detachable brochure on the back or the cd cover sized picture on the front, they'd have to sign something inside?
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    Zod wrote:
    The case is black. Unless they signed the detachable brochure on the back or the cd cover sized picture on the front, they'd have to sign something inside?
    Just sign it with a silver sharpie - would actually look pretty nice - would be tough to frame, but it would be really well set.
  • Options
    KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,096
    I have a poster that was designed and signed by eddie vedder, was at the show as well

better chances of getting one of those then one of these, but then again didn't buy the box set so I zero chance
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • Options
    Cinnamon GirlCinnamon Girl Posts: 1,854
    drsluggo wrote:

Just sign it with a silver sharpie

thats my guess.
    05-10-06, 08-05-07, 06-14-08 , 08-12-08(EV), 06-11-09(EV), 06-12-09(EV), 08-21-09, 05-10-10, 09-11-11, 09-12-11, 07-16-13, 07-19-13, 10-12-13, 10-21-13, 10-22-13,