More on cheap beer...

Comments

• Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    81 wrote:
    milarso wrote:
    So last time it was Miller High Life.

don't tell anyone, but i've been drinking alot of that lately.

And you give me crap for Guinness?!!! :nono:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Moron cheap beer. Sounds like a good name for a new beer company.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    milarso wrote:
    So last time it was Miller High Life.

don't tell anyone, but i've been drinking alot of that lately.

and that was wrong of me to do. please accept my appologies. if you happen by my office, i'd love to share one of the two cans that are on my window sill with you. if you can't make it, i'd be happy to drop one off for you to enjoy with your always excellent food choices.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    davidtrios wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Beer 30 :sick::sick::sick::sick:

never had it, never will

Yeah don't. Bad news all around.
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    81 wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

and that was wrong of me to do. please accept my appologies. if you happen by my office, i'd love to share one of the two cans that are on my window sill with you. if you can't make it, i'd be happy to drop one off for you to enjoy with your always excellent food choices.

Dear boy I think you've gone insane.
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    i love guinness..truly i do
  • DURPDURP Posts: 2,180
    Drinking cheap beer is like having someone spit in your mouth.
    My butt itches!
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    DURP wrote:
    Drinking cheap beer is like having someone spit in your mouth.

Yeah, like having the gods spit in your mouth...
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    In the summer outside on a piss hot day, is there anything better than a cold ass Miller Lite(insert your fav cheap beer)? Stouts and IPA's aren't made for drinking in outdoor warm/hot weather.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • supadupasupadupa Posts: 377
    I don't usually go for cheap beer, but I do have a weakness for Schlitz.
    supadupa wrote:
    I don't usually go for cheap beer, but I do have a weakness for Schlitz.

:think:
  • The only cheap beer I "miss" is Meister Braü Light.

Not that I really miss it, but it has a lot of sentimental value from my college days going to 7th St Liquors and buying all they had for about $8/case to take back to the party.

Fun times...not so fun next mornings.
    "Then the Spirit of God hovered over the water, and God said, Let there be music, and there was Pearl Jam."

Whose idea was it for the word "Lisp" to have an "S" in it?
  • My old college town of La Crosse Wisconsin used to be the home G. Heileman Brewery(home of the worlds largest six pack). They made Old Style, blatz, Special Export, Mickeys and Colt 45. So needless to say I had my share of cheap beer in college. They used to have Baltz vs Old Style every year, which was basically a barrel race. You pick a team and the first to run out of beer wins. The first year I attended was relatively small, couple hundred people. My last year there were 100 barrels on each side! I always picked Blatz, can not stomach Old Style, sorry Chicago.
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
  • I didn't know they still made Stroh's... god that stuff tastes like rust.

I did like the Beast back in the day ($8 a case). In high school we celebrated when Beast Ice came out. When we wanted to spend a little more we got some Keystone lol.

Hell, we'd drink anything... do they still make meister brau?

Closest thing you will find to anything Meister Brau is Miller Lite. Miller bought Meister Brau Diet Beer and created Miller Lite. I guess the word Diet was a turn off.
  • Kel VarnsenKel Varnsen Posts: 1,952
    mert wrote:
    My favourite beer, Alexander Keith's, is classified and premium domestic here in Ontario, so it's a little more than most of the other Canadian beers. But I have friends in Halifax where it's brewed, and it's a regular domestic there, which I enjoy immensely.

I used to drink a ton of Alexander Keiths when I was in university and shortly after before I started getting into better beer. I am in my 30's now and I was at a work christmas party last year and all they had on tap was Keith's or Stella. I hate Stella so I had a Keiths, and it was really bad.
    bigeye21 wrote:
    I got a thing for Yuengling Lager since that was the beer of choice for all my rural PA family growing up. I'm an admitted full-on beer snob these days, but still get the occasional hankering and make sure to imbibe copious amounts whenever I'm in town visiting. Ahhh, hoagies and Yuenglings.... ::drools::
    I am the same way (although I have never had Yuengling). But a couple of years ago we were in Utica NY and I bought a 6 pack of Utica Club (for dirt cheap). And I have to say drinking it in our hotel room ice cold and watching crappy movies on TBS is was quite drinkable.
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Stouts and IPA's aren't made for drinking in outdoor warm/hot weather.

I don't know, I think a fresh well balanced IPA is awesome in warm weather. I made an IPA with galaxy hops and it is awesome, I wish I had more for the summer. I mean there is a reason British dudes drank these in India back in the day.
    JK_Livin wrote:

I don't know, I think a fresh well balanced IPA is awesome in warm weather. I made an IPA with galaxy hops and it is awesome, I wish I had more for the summer. I mean there is a reason British dudes drank these in India back in the day.

Yes, the high alcohol and high hops kept it from spoiling.
  • No such thing as cheep beer in nova Scotia . Picked up 24 cans of bud light the other day , cost me $40 and change. That was on sale.
    John Roach
    john roach wrote:
    No such thing as cheep beer in nova Scotia . Picked up 24 cans of bud light the other day , cost me $40 and change. That was on sale.

What???

I'm a big fan of the Gansett Tall Boys lately. $6. for a six pack.
  • I saw a case of beer for $8.00 at Woodmans last week. I cannot remember the name though, damn. I will have to find it again. $8.00 for a case! in 2013! I think you have to sign a waiver before you buy it.
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    dang thats expensive. back in college, we would get Blatz for $5 a case. It was all about volume
    edited February 2013
    JK_Livin wrote:

It is actually a bit of a myth that it was about spoiling since poters were just as popular with british people in India at the time (if not more). The added hops was more about maintaining the flavour for pale ale that people liked. As far as the higher alcohol goes beers IPA's at the time weren't that much stronger than other British beers.

http://zythophile.wordpress.com/2011/08/04/four-ipa-myths-that-need-to-be-stamped-out-for-ipaday/
    Post edited by Kel Varnsen on
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,716
    Budweiser
  • rick1zoo2 wrote:
    dang thats expensive. back in college, we would get Blatz for $5 a case. It was all about volume

What year was that? I used to get 30 packs of Old Style classic draft for like $8 in Lacrosse in 1996.

$8 for a case in 2013, I did not think that was possible.

It is actually a bit of a myth that it was about spoiling since poters were just as popular with british people in India at the time (if not more). The added hops was more about maintaining the flavour for pale ale that people liked. As far as the higher alcohol goes beers IPA's at the time weren't that much stronger than other British beers.

http://zythophile.wordpress.com/2011/08/04/four-ipa-myths-that-need-to-be-stamped-out-for-ipaday/

Damn, would ya look at that!
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,955
    We used to get this stuff for $2.49 a case in 1990. It was the absolute worst ever! It would make me beg and cry for some Old Milwaukee or Keystone.

Returnable-Beer-Case-300x225.jpg
  • Go Beavers wrote:
    We used to get this stuff for $2.49 a case in 1990. It was the absolute worst ever! It would make me beg and cry for some Old Milwaukee or Keystone.

$2.49!!?? Oh my God, how broke were you? :lol: Did you get a return on the bottles? :D
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,955
    Go Beavers wrote:

$2.49!!?? Oh my God, how broke were you? :lol: Did you get a return on the bottles? :D

It was our desperation beer. We would just keep it in the trunk of the car in case of an emergency where we couldn't get anything else.
  • I see they sell labatts blue in the u.s. What they charge for a case of 12? Just wndering how much less it is down there , as an import, compared to domestic here.
    John Roach
  • Go Beavers wrote:
    Go Beavers wrote:

It was our desperation beer. We would just keep it in the trunk of the car in case of an emergency where we couldn't get anything else.

Well the trunk is the best place to store your beer. :lol::lol: Wow. Gotta love the college years.