Official 24 Thread

13»

Comments

• mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Sutherland has signed on for next season. So unless they do some crazy dream-sequence Jack Bauer will be back for some ass kicking next year.
    :D
    While I was shocked at Tony's changing teams, I have a feeling he's more in the "know" than others and will come back to the good side when all is said and done.
  • tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    Am I the only one who is kinda "blah" about these last few episodes. This Jack dying angle is ridiculous because we know theres no chance that will happen. Bringing Kim back is just awful. Elisha Cuthbert is hot, but wow is she a terrible actress. That scene with her and Jack in the room was painful to watch. And now Tony switching sides AGAIN?!? Come on! This is just getting ridiculous.

Regardless, I'll continue to watch but I think the writers are just trying way too hard to blow people away with these twists and turns.
    I still think that they're going to kill Jack off with the disease. The treatment might buy him an extra couple of months, but in the end it's going to get the best of him.

The next couple of weeks should be interesting. The only one left that's capable of taking down Tony is Jack, so we should expect to see him back in action soon.

Are you serious? There's no way they would kill off Jack. Jack Bauer IS 24. There's no show without him.
    Yeah, but there's a good chance that Season 8 will be the last. Next season could take place the day after this season.
    Yeah, but there's a good chance that Season 8 will be the last. Next season could take place the day after this season.

That would be my guess.
    When it is wrapped up, I still don't see them taking out Bauer.

There has been rumors that once they wrap the show, 24 will move to the 'big screen'.
    THAT would be cool!
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,674
    Or they could be prepping Renee Walker to take over the lead after Jack dies. :shock:
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • AllNiteThingAllNiteThing Posts: 1,114
    Poncier wrote:
    Or they could be prepping Renee Walker to take over the lead after Jack dies. :shock:

Or Kim Bauer...yikes! :shock: :lol:

I read from the producers and Keifer that next season is definitely on, with Tony Almeida back (which starts production in May) and that they have a movie lined up right after that. Any seasons or movies beyond that is anyone's guess. Also the movie supposedly will center around Jack in Europe, which could be cool since you can take a train and get anywhere on the continent in a short amount of time.
    24 years old, mid-life crisis
    nowadays hits you when you're young
    Poncier wrote:

Or Kim Bauer...yikes! :shock: :lol:

I read from the producers and Keifer that next season is definitely on, with Tony Almeida back (which starts production in May) and that they have a movie lined up right after that. Any seasons or movies beyond that is anyone's guess. Also the movie supposedly will center around Jack in Europe, which could be cool since you can take a train and get anywhere on the continent in a short amount of time.

Interesting!
    April 15, 2009 - Those who don't want to know even minor Spoilers for Season 8 of 24 be warned: Some of the basic plot points that will begin the season are discussed here.

Jack Bauer faced six years of Los Angeles based threats, but as 24 goes into its later seasons, it appears America's Number One Terrorist Ass Kicker is enjoying moving around a bit more.

The current Season 7 of the series is set in Washington, DC – and now EW.com's Michael Ausiello reveals Jack will be moving once again for next year's Season 8, to New York.

Just like this season, this on screen move won't mean as much behind the scenes, as the show will still primarily film in Los Angeles. For Season 7, the 24 crew did go to DC a few times to shoot some exterior scenes, and they will similarly go to New York a bit for the next season.

Ausiello also has some new character announcements – including the head of a New York based branch of CTU (yes, they'll be back in the mix), named Brian Hastings. Ausiello says Hastings is "an MBA type with a razor sharp intellect." There will also be two new agents in their 20s, one male, one female. This comes on the heels of the casting of Slumdog Millionaire''s Anil Kapoor, who will play a Middle Eastern leader on a peacemaking mission.

http://tv.ign.com/articles/973/973250p1.html
  • So, am I the only one who thought Tony was "turning heel" in wrestling terms, when he took down 2 guys at the oil tanker? He was told to go completely undetected, and he immediately pops a gun in 2 guys faces....So I thought he was gonna turn bad somehow there, and then again when Moss ordered his handcuffs removed. i wonde rif they did that on purpose, so when he finally did turn bad guy, you wouldn't see it coming as much?
    So, am I the only one who thought Tony was "turning heel" in wrestling terms, when he took down 2 guys at the oil tanker? He was told to go completely undetected, and he immediately pops a gun in 2 guys faces....So I thought he was gonna turn bad somehow there, and then again when Moss ordered his handcuffs removed. i wonde rif they did that on purpose, so when he finally did turn bad guy, you wouldn't see it coming as much?

Leads me to believe that Tony contacted his friend (black dude who "walked away") and told him the plan.
    I don't see how Tony would have been able to plant the explosives had he not pulled a gun on them though.

I dunno. It's crazy because there were so many logistical aspects of what happened in those last 10 minutes that had to work absolutely perfect in order for that plan to go down as it did.
    I'm still hoping Tony has some other inside knowledge that he is working with and just didn't decide to go rogue-badguy. And if that's the case you know he and Jack are going to have a confrontation again by the end of the day.
  • well, he killed Moss, so I doubt he's just working undercover again. Who knows though...Looks like he shoots himself next week to cover up
    well, he killed Moss, so I doubt he's just working undercover again. Who knows though...Looks like he shoots himself next week to cover up

I dunno, but I want to see the next episode right now! :)
    Well it seems pretty obvious. Tony is an evil SOB.

That hour sure went by fast! Damn!
  • I swear if Tony is good again at the end of the season I'm done with 24. I don't see any possible way they could prevent Jack from dying. It's gonna be real interesting to see how the writers write themselves out of this.
    I don't see any possible way they could prevent Jack from dying. It's gonna be real interesting to see how the writers write themselves out of this.
    C'mon, 2 things from last night can force Jack to change his mind and use Kim's sexy stem cells to save himself,
    A. He has a granddaughter named after his late wife.
    2. Tony double crossed him and he's gonna want to hunt him down after he gets away in 5 hours.
    Poncier wrote:
    I don't see any possible way they could prevent Jack from dying. It's gonna be real interesting to see how the writers write themselves out of this.
    C'mon, 2 things from last night can force Jack to change his mind and use Kim's sexy stem cells to save himself,
    2. Tony double crossed him and he's gonna want to hunt him down after he gets away in 5 hours.

Exactly.
    You can already see Kim questioning her decision.

I don't see how they could make Tony "good" again after last night. Not only did he propose the idea to take down the building, killing dozens of FBI agents, but he also left Jack for dead.
    Now, he may have some sort of redeeming moment later on, but he has gone waaay too far to come back from.

It'll be interesting!
  • Stone Is GodStone Is God Posts: 1,331
    mca47 wrote:
    Poncier wrote:

Exactly.
    You can already see Kim questioning her decision.

I don't see how they could make Tony "good" again after last night. Not only did he propose the idea to take down the building, killing dozens of FBI agents, but he also left Jack for dead.
    Now, he may have some sort of redeeming moment later on, but he has gone waaay too far to come back from.

It'll be interesting!

Agreed.

Tony is way too far gone for a turn around. All I know is, after his face off with Jack, he's basically signed his death warrant. It's all just a matter of time.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
    Good episode tonight.

Cannot f'n believe they are involving stupid, good-for-nothing, Kim Bauer in this shit!

Either way, good ep. tonight and next week's finale looks to be awesome!
    Tonights episode was good and I kind of hope they kill off Kim. I mean I know she's and adult and everything, but you still don't talk to strangers. If she would've just sat there and did nothing, that agent watching over her might still be alive and those people wouldn't have been able to do shit.
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Tonights episode was good and I kind of hope they kill off Kim. I mean I know she's and adult and everything, but you still don't talk to strangers. If she would've just sat there and did nothing, that agent watching over her might still be alive and those people wouldn't have been able to do shit.

I'm sorry, but, if they killed off every single character that did something stupid, there would be NO cast ... this season has been completely ridiculous to me ... WAY too much incompetence by far too many people; terrorists, Washington elite, agents ... all over the place ... so bad.

I'm just hoping Chloe and Janice get in a cat fight before season's end ... and somehow, Janice (Janine Garafalo) is killed.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    jimed14 wrote:

I'm sorry, but, if they killed off every single character that did something stupid, there would be NO cast ... this season has been completely ridiculous to me ... WAY too much incompetence by far too many people; terrorists, Washington elite, agents ... all over the place ... so bad.

I'm just hoping Chloe and Janice get in a cat fight before season's end ... and somehow, Janice (Janine Garafalo) is killed.
    Yeah, but when has there been a season where Kim hasn't done something stupid? She has a track record of being an idiot and it should really stop.
    jimed14 wrote:

Perfect ending to the season.
    [comicbookguy] Worst character ever.[/comicbookguy]
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Brilliant finale but silly final minute with Kim suddenly deciding to save him :roll: I thought they were gonna kill him and that would have blown everything away... that woulda been brilliant. I thought Jack was gonna convert to islam in his final minutes :mrgreen:

I'm still in love with Tony... when he said his son was killed too, it was really sad :(

President Taylor is a silly cow, I know her daughter's even sillier but seriously, her son died and her husband was almost killed because of her job and now she's handing her daughter in for getting some kinda revenge :roll: gimme a break!

Agent Pierce shoulda had a bigger involvement in the series but I think they've kinda ruined his character now.

Phew... I love that I can finally post in this thread :mrgreen: I can't believe they killed Bill :shock: and the senator :shock: and I was starting to really like Larry as a character when they killed him. I think this is the best season yet... I'm well impressed that they pulled it back after season 6.

I really hope they manage to bring Tony back into it though. They can get rid of Jack as far as I'm concerned but not Tony... no way!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
    I thought the finale was good too.

You know Tony will be back in some capacity next year...
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    mca47 wrote:
    I thought the finale was good too.

You know Tony will be back in some capacity next year...
    yeh he has to be! Should be interesting to see how they pull it off but I'm betting they do. Maybe he'll have had his therapy by then and will be ready to go back to helping Jack. Or perhaps it will be about finding the other conspirators.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    when's the movie coming out?
  • davidtrios wrote:
    when's the movie coming out?

I think they were supposed to film it last summer, but that didn't work out due to scheduling issues or something like that. Last I heard it was supposed to film this summer, but haven't heard anything about it in a few months.