Official 24 Thread

Comments

• spatspat Posts: 644
    i wanna know who exactly john voight's character is supposed to be??
    My favorite Pearl Jam song: "Corporate Greed Boat Asshole Behind a Counter in the Oval Office"
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Red Forman getting gunned down shocked me. I didn't see that one coming at all.

Yeah, I didn't see that either. He seemed like he was going hold a pivotal role in the rest of the day (I liked his character as a senator too). Though looking at it now it makes much more sense as he was starting to believe in and trust Jack...right there at the end.
    spat wrote:
    i wanna know who exactly john voight's character is supposed to be??

I assumed originally he was some politician but now I think he is the leader or presiding head of "Starkwood" or whatever that contract security group is.
  • tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    I'm a little confused and wondering if someone can clear something up for me. Even if they are trespassing, isn't it still illegal to kill a federal agent?
    I'm a little confused and wondering if someone can clear something up for me. Even if they are trespassing, isn't it still illegal to kill a federal agent?

I can't remember, who did they kill?

I know the guy Tony originally trusted killed one of his own, but I can't remember what federal agent they killed.
    They smacked agent Moss upside the head when he punched one of their guys...
    mca47 wrote:

I can't remember, who did they kill?

I know the guy Tony originally trusted killed one of his own, but I can't remember what federal agent they killed.
    They smacked agent Moss upside the head when he punched one of their guys...
    Well I'm halfway through the episode and none of the FBI guys have been killed, but my question is more along the lines of why they didn't just tell them to go screw themselves.
    yea, like IF they killed a federal agent. i was wondering the same thing too. how would they have gotten away with that? maybe they can, sort of like if someone breaks into your house you have a right to shoot them. but man that was a great episode last night! jon voight's character is getting more and more maniacal.
    My favorite Pearl Jam song: "Corporate Greed Boat Asshole Behind a Counter in the Oval Office"
    spat wrote:
    yea, like IF they killed a federal agent. i was wondering the same thing too. how would they have gotten away with that? maybe they can, sort of like if someone breaks into your house you have a right to shoot them. but man that was a great episode last night! jon voight's character is getting more and more maniacal.

Yeah, it's amazing how fast an hour can go by.

The only thing about last night I didn't like was the whole Renee bugging Jack about contacting Kim.
    Lame.
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    mca47 wrote:
    spat wrote:

Yeah, it's amazing how fast an hour can go by.

The only thing about last night I didn't like was the whole Renee bugging Jack about contacting Kim.
    Lame.

Man. If they bring back Kim (in anything other than a hot lesbian role and we see it in action) I will be so pissed. She brings nothing to the show.
  • _Crazy_Mary__Crazy_Mary_ Posts: 1,299
    I'm confused. I posted in this thread last night and it disappeared. :?
    I really screwed that up. I really Schruted it.

Man. If they bring back Kim (in anything other than a hot lesbian role and we see it in action) I will be so pissed. She brings nothing to the show.

I can bet a lot of money she'll make an appearance. I bet the drama between her and Jack will be incredibly dumb.
    She'll be all defiant at first then she'll see the pain Jack is going through and eventually give in...and the experimental procedure will be a success...and her and Jack will be all happy once again. Afterall Keifer is on the cast-list for next year so we know he won't die.
    According to IMDB Kim is in 7 episodes this season, starting with next weeks episode.
    According to IMDB Kim is in 7 episodes this season, starting with next weeks episode.

Son of a bitch!

I was thinking one, maybe two...but 7?!?!?!

That probably is plenty of time for her to get into some ridiculous situation. Let's hope there aren't any bear traps in the FBI parking lot! :lol:

oh damnit!

oh damnit!
    Don't worry, we probably won't have to see a face to face thing between her and Jack for a couple of episodes.
    If Kim is going to be in this season, let's hope it's not what we think.

Maybe they'll just show her in a bikini on a beach somewhere. Not really saying anything, just rubbing oil on her skin...

Seems to me that would be the only way I would want Kim on 24. :D
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    they can't keep her with stupid roles anymore can they? on the other hand maybe she will have tamed that damn cougar and come riding in on its back.
    mca47 wrote:
    If Kim is going to be in this season, let's hope it's not what we think.

Maybe they'll just show her in a bikini on a beach somewhere. Not really saying anything, just rubbing oil on her skin...

Seems to me that would be the only way I would want Kim on 24. :D
    I think they could make a 24 spin off based on this idea, I know I'd watch it.
    Wow, that was a damn good episode.

I honestly cannot believe that Tony killed Larry.
    Larry was a prick, but I thought Tony "changed back".

I dunno...
    Next week looks pretty good too!
    Yeah, that episode was great, but I kind of saw Tony trying to escape from a mile away.
    Yeah, that episode was great, but I kind of saw Tony trying to escape from a mile away.

I figured he'd try to escape but didn't expect him to do that!

What happened if Tony's partner got caught? Does Tony then fly back to the FBI as a hero an like everything was cool. It seemed like in order for them to get that canister, 100 things had to go exactly right and as planned.
    mca47 wrote:

I figured he'd try to escape but didn't expect him to do that!

What happened if Tony's partner got caught? Does Tony then fly back to the FBI as a hero an like everything was cool. It seemed like in order for them to get that canister, 100 things had to go exactly right and as planned.
    If his partner got caught i'm sure he would've tried to steal the canister from the FBI.

I'm pretty sure he isn't going to use it on US soil though, he'll probably just sell it to someone that will.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    Am I the only one who is kinda "blah" about these last few episodes. This Jack dying angle is ridiculous because we know theres no chance that will happen. Bringing Kim back is just awful. Elisha Cuthbert is hot, but wow is she a terrible actress. That scene with her and Jack in the room was painful to watch. And now Tony switching sides AGAIN?!? Come on! This is just getting ridiculous.

Regardless, I'll continue to watch but I think the writers are just trying way too hard to blow people away with these twists and turns.
    Am I the only one who is kinda "blah" about these last few episodes. This Jack dying angle is ridiculous because we know theres no chance that will happen. Bringing Kim back is just awful. Elisha Cuthbert is hot, but wow is she a terrible actress. That scene with her and Jack in the room was painful to watch. And now Tony switching sides AGAIN?!? Come on! This is just getting ridiculous.

Regardless, I'll continue to watch but I think the writers are just trying way too hard to blow people away with these twists and turns.

yea i felt the same way, but its still captivating and my heart pounds like an idiot every week! i guess its hard to keep it fresh with stuff like this but hell i'll keep watching. and i think i'm the only one on the face of the planet who doesn't have a problem with kim!
    spat wrote:

yea i felt the same way, but its still captivating and my heart pounds like an idiot every week! i guess its hard to keep it fresh with stuff like this but hell i'll keep watching. and i think i'm the only one on the face of the planet who doesn't have a problem with kim!

I think she sucks the life out of storylines. The one thing I was wondering is when she developed that off center butt crack chin? She's so amazingly hot though.
  • ringoringo Posts: 504
    Am I the only one who is kinda "blah" about these last few episodes. This Jack dying angle is ridiculous because we know theres no chance that will happen.

Jack looked rather spry in the previews for next week.

The target for the missile, Clarksville, MD, I used to work at what would've been ground zero for that attack. That had my heart pumping a little harder last night ;)
    d'oh

I still think that they're going to kill Jack off with the disease. The treatment might buy him an extra couple of months, but in the end it's going to get the best of him.

The next couple of weeks should be interesting. The only one left that's capable of taking down Tony is Jack, so we should expect to see him back in action soon.
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    You all really think Tony's bad just like that? This wasn't a Baurean kill (like Chappelle?) by Tony? Seriously he takes the time to work deep cover with Chloe (is she bad now) and co. to do this. It doesn't make sense the same way it didn't make sense that he didn't count the bad guy when he went to bomb the place. Secondly if he WAS a bad guy with minor cuts and bruises, why didn't he just escape with the black guy before the FBI descended on the place. I don't know but I am not convinced that Tony hasn't figured out how deep the rabbit hole goes and is trying to find it. Personally I hope he's a bad guy and is married to the super hot bisexual woman from seasons 1,2 and 4. Unfortunately, I'm not convinced he's bad yet.
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    This season has been so much better - I love Cherry Jones as president.

Is Larry really dead? People seem to die and come back to life on this show. That being said, I wish Kim would die and stay dead. That scene with Jack and Kim last night was horrible. And Jack "dying" seems too much like schmuck-bait/false jeopardy. But I'm still going to watch.

And I'm not sure about Tony either. Is he going to turn again?
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823

I still think that they're going to kill Jack off with the disease. The treatment might buy him an extra couple of months, but in the end it's going to get the best of him.

The next couple of weeks should be interesting. The only one left that's capable of taking down Tony is Jack, so we should expect to see him back in action soon.

Are you serious? There's no way they would kill off Jack. Jack Bauer IS 24. There's no show without him.