Official 24 Thread

mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
edited January 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Gotta say, the last two episodes have been pretty damn good! Wow!

Saw the preview for next week and I'm not so sure about that. Taking over the White House? Are you f'n kidding me? I'm pretty sure the Canadian army couldn't take the White House, let alone some rogue militant group.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• This season ROCKS!
    I really screwed that up. I really Schruted it.
  • evenflowevenflow Posts: 401
    I still haven't got to watch any episodes from this season but I heard that Kim was back. I've got them all Tivo'ed and if she is back you can bet I'll be watching every episiode.

I know a lot of fans don't like her but she's the reason I started watching the show. Ever since I saw her in Old School she has been in the #1 spot on my "list" (Guy's know what list I'm talking about).
    It's all about the music...

http://www.myspace.com/christianjame (Music Page)

Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/19598996 (Personal Page)
  • evenflow wrote:
    I still haven't got to watch any episodes from this season but I heard that Kim was back. I've got them all Tivo'ed and if she is back you can bet I'll be watching every episiode.

I know a lot of fans don't like her but she's the reason I started watching the show. Ever since I saw her in Old School she has been in the #1 spot on my "list" (Guy's know what list I'm talking about).

I pray Kim isn't coming back. They should have just written her off the show after first season. She is just an awful character. While she is pretty easy on the eyes, that's not what I'm watching 24 for.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    evenflow wrote:

I pray Kim isn't coming back. They should have just written her off the show after first season. She is just an awful character. While she is pretty easy on the eyes, that's not what I'm watching 24 for.

Yeah, I hope she's not coming back either. Every time they've written her back into the past seasons it was really dumb. Hell, in the seasons she was on the show all of her roles were dumb too. Crazy Kim getting into crazy situations. LOL! Remember when she got stuck in the bear trap with the mountain lion lurking? One of the dumbest moments in 24 history.

But anyways, this season has been good so far. Much better than the last two IMO. There have been some things re-done and some things have been predictable.
    In 24 fashion, I really expected Dubacku to get away from that crash last night. When Jack helped out the girl, I though Dubaku would sneak away..."24 style". hahahaha
  • Yeah, we were all screaming at Jack to not let Dubaku get away! We all thought he'd escape.
    I really screwed that up. I really Schruted it.
  • mca47 wrote:
    evenflow wrote:

Yeah, I hope she's not coming back either. Every time they've written her back into the past seasons it was really dumb. Hell, in the seasons she was on the show all of her roles were dumb too. Crazy Kim getting into crazy situations. LOL! Remember when she got stuck in the bear trap with the mountain lion lurking? One of the dumbest moments in 24 history.

But anyways, this season has been good so far. Much better than the last two IMO. There have been some things re-done and some things have been predictable.
    In 24 fashion, I really expected Dubacku to get away from that crash last night. When Jack helped out the girl, I though Dubaku would sneak away..."24 style". hahahaha

HAHA. The bear trap thing was pretty funny. At that point, I thought 24 was trying to be a comedy because that was just plain ridiculous.

I was pretty shocked that Dubaku didn't escape too. Was it me or did the scene at the end where Tony and Jack were talking seem really weird? I dont know what it was, but it just seemed really awkward. It should be interesting to see where the rest of the season goes from here.
    Yeah, I don't trust Tony.
    I think Jack is skeptical of him too. You know at some point by the end of the "day" Jack and Tony are going to have a big-time confrontation.
  • I was amazed how fast that one guy healed after he shot himself in the arm. He was moving that arm really well within a matter of ten minutes
    I was amazed how fast that one guy healed after he shot himself in the arm. He was moving that arm really well within a matter of ten minutes

Yeah, don't go to the hospital or anything...just get a new shirt and you're good to go! :D
  • mca47 wrote:
    I was amazed how fast that one guy healed after he shot himself in the arm. He was moving that arm really well within a matter of ten minutes

Yeah, don't go to the hospital or anything...just get a new shirt and you're good to go! :D

cubs suck
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,778
    I thought Jack was gonna get it on with the cute FBI agent after she slapped him....hot stuff :lol:

and that poor blonde fbi agent, how the hell did she get involved in all this conspiracy

next week should be crazy
  • CROJAM95 wrote:
    I thought Jack was gonna get it on with the cute FBI agent after she slapped him....hot stuff :lol:

and that poor blonde fbi agent, how the hell did she get involved in all this conspiracy

I thought Jack and Agent Walker were going to start going at it right in the hospital right there. I was surprised they didn't. But you know before the end of the "day", Jack is getting laid for sure.
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,778
    CROJAM95 wrote:

I thought Jack and Agent Walker were going to start going at it right in the hospital right there. I was surprised they didn't. But you know before the end of the "day", Jack is getting laid for sure.

I freakin hope so, that dude is one of the only honarable people on that show...whats up with the prez not sticking her neck out for him...with all that senate bullshit......WTF?????
    mca47 wrote:

cubs suck

You suck! Hahaha

The rest of this season is going to be good.

Man, like in years past, one hour of 24 flies by so damn fast!
  • Question....

What was more cringe worthy?

The whole Kim/cougar bit

or

The whole Agent Walker slapping Jack with the "can you feel that!" bit
  • What I don't get is how that guy thought that shooting himself would work. I mean wouldn't they be able to check for her finger prints underneath his on the gun?
  • Question....

The whole Kim/cougar bit

or

Nothing beats the cougar. And nothing ever will.
    24 years old, mid-life crisis
    nowadays hits you when you're young
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    CROJAM95 wrote:

She was one slap away from being turned around on a gurney.

Seriously though, this season is awesome. Such a great step up from day 6.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Question....

The whole Kim/cougar bit

or

The slap thing was HORRIBLE writing! Seriously cringed at that.

A. It's cheezy and corny
    B. Does anyone actually believe Jack Bauer would put up with that type of crap from anyone other than his daughter.

Outside of that cringeworthy moment 24 has been outstanding this season. Odd to see an episode feeling 'complete' before the season ends. That said, I am looking forward to what happens next!

9/17/95-New Orleans,LA 8/14/00-New Orleans,LA 4/8/03-New Orleans,LA 4/13/03-Tampa,FL 10/8/04-Kissimmee,FL 8/5/07-Chicago,IL 6/16/08-Columbia,SC 6/23/09-(EV Solo)Atlanta,GA 5/1/10-New Orleans,LA 9/21/12-Pensacola,FL 11/1/13-New Orleans,LA 4/11/16-Tampa,FL  4/23/16-New Orleans,LA

NickyNooch wrote:
    Question....

The whole Kim/cougar bit

or

The slap thing was HORRIBLE writing! Seriously cringed at that.

A. It's cheezy and corny
    B. Does anyone actually believe Jack Bauer would put up with that type of crap from anyone other than his daughter.

Outside of that cringeworthy moment 24 has been outstanding this season. Odd to see an episode feeling 'complete' before the season ends. That said, I am looking forward to what happens next!

A) Agreed
    B) Maybe he digs her freckles. :)

You know her and Jack will be gettin' it on by the end of the day. ;)
    Two hours tonight.

Good stuff! Wonder what the hell is going to happen next week!?!?!
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    mca47 wrote:
    Two hours tonight.

love this season but tonight was a little insane. I know that 24 is insane period but to be able to break into the white house like that was so far fetched. Besides that this season has been really really good. Can't wait to see how it plays out as well.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • spatspat Posts: 644
    someone pass the oxygen! damn this show gets my heart going like none other.
    My favorite Pearl Jam song: "Corporate Greed Boat Asshole Behind a Counter in the Oval Office"
    mca47 wrote:
    Two hours tonight.

love this season but tonight was a little insane. I know that 24 is insane period but to be able to break into the white house like that was so far fetched. Besides that this season has been really really good. Can't wait to see how it plays out as well.

Yeah, it def. is crazy...but that's 24. hahaha!

You know someone important dies next week, wonder who it is.
    Looking forward to tonight.

Still can't believe they killed Bill off!! :(

I'd really love to see Jack...well, "Jack" Larry in the face!!! What a prick!
    God, I miss the old board... :|

Anyways, I thought this episode was awesome! "Wow" all the way!
  • tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    Does Jack even have evidence that he isn't guilty of killing Burnett? I mean it didn't seem like he had anything on him when he did that badass fight scene and it's not like a dead guy will work as evidence.
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Does Jack even have evidence that he isn't guilty of killing Burnett? I mean it didn't seem like he had anything on him when he did that badass fight scene and it's not like a dead guy will work as evidence.

No, all he had was that CD with the security video showing the killer.

This season has been so great. So improved over day 6.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    Flagg wrote:

No, all he had was that CD with the security video showing the killer.

This season has been so great. So improved over day 6.

I'm enjoying this season and it has definitely been an improvement over day 6, but the whole "Jack is a rebel agent who is being set up" angle is getting pretty damn old. It's entertaining, but it seems that it comes to this every season.
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    Red Forman getting gunned down shocked me. I didn't see that one coming at all.