Soggy Cereal

Comments

• Yea...but you know there are other comparisons that could easily be made, besides raw eggs. To each there own, right? Isn't that what you always preach in your posts?? :P

What if there are no 'soft' cereals with the equivalent flavor of a crunchy one? Wouldn't it make sense to get the cereal you like, then eat it the way you prefer? And what is this 'going out of my way' business? Isn't one cereal like 2 feet away from any other? lol

i think to each his/her own has already been covered....i was discussing MY preferences. and when i say 'go out of your way'....i mean, why spend money on it if it's not the way you like it? however, you've now explained it, in far greater detail than i ever would've imagined for a soggy cereal discussion....so i DO 'get it' now....tho for me, still.....yuck. enjoy your soggy cereal! :P

norm......i LOVE black olives.....and i enjoy the smaller mushrooms, but my sister is the same way in regards to mushrooms. i take it you don't care for tofu either? similar consistency. textures in foods really ARE a big deal, absolutely!

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the occasional crunchy cereal too, but really, have you even tried soggy cinnamon toast crunch? Have you ever had a drink of the cinnamony goodness leftover? Or the golden nectar left behind by a bowl of soggy golden grahams?
    or the leftover milk from cocoa pops... mmm... mmm... mmm :P and yes, I AM 7 :mrgreen:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you

• Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the occasional crunchy cereal too, but really, have you even tried soggy cinnamon toast crunch? Have you ever had a drink of the cinnamony goodness leftover? Or the golden nectar left behind by a bowl of soggy golden grahams?

NOT nice!
    :D

i think how most of us realize our absolute DIStaste of soggy cereal is in fact rooted in, having consumed soggy cereal. i do not care for it, at ALL. as i said, i don't even like oatmeal. i have serious food consistency issues with mushy foods, overall...not for me. and yes, i've eaten and tried, and retired, many of em.

as a kid i LOVEd to drink the milk, but as i was consuming mostly sugay goodness cereals...unsurprising. haha. nowadays, i don't eat that kind of stuff, and i also can't stomach things *too* sweet.....especially in milk! so yes, none of that works for me.

hey, ENJOY!
    AM started the thread to discuss...i was merely participating in this most important topic. hahahaha. obviously i have strong opinions on a great variety of important, and not so important, topics! ;)

and now...yay....time for my workday massage! :mrgreen: thank bejeebus, gotta LOVE this busy season perk, and my neck is killing me. oooowwww. so catch all you kiddies, all relaxed and mellow..after massage...then lunch. :) and yes, no soggy cereal..nor salad! my dressing is in a seperate container to be CERTAIN my salad remains utmostly crunchy and fresh!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the occasional crunchy cereal too, but really, have you even tried soggy cinnamon toast crunch? Have you ever had a drink of the cinnamony goodness leftover? Or the golden nectar left behind by a bowl of soggy golden grahams?

NOT nice!
    :D

i think how most of us realize our absolute DIStaste of soggy cereal is in fact rooted in, having consumed soggy cereal. i do not care for it, at ALL. as i said, i don't even like oatmeal. i have serious food consistency issues with mushy foods, overall...not for me. and yes, i've eaten and tried, and retired, many of em.

as a kid i LOVEd to drink the milk, but as i was consuming mostly sugay goodness cereals...unsurprising. haha. nowadays, i don't eat that kind of stuff, and i also can't stomach things *too* sweet.....especially in milk! so yes, none of that works for me.

hey, ENJOY!
    AM started the thread to discuss...i was merely participating in this most important topic. hahahaha. obviously i have strong opinions on a great variety of important, and not so important, topics! ;)

and now...yay....time for my workday massage! :mrgreen: thank bejeebus, gotta LOVE this busy season perk, and my neck is killing me. oooowwww. so catch all you kiddies, all relaxed and mellow..after massage...then lunch. :) and yes, no soggy cereal..nor salad! my dressing is in a seperate container to be CERTAIN my salad remains utmostly crunchy and fresh!

Talk about consistency issues....I once brought a banana to elementary school in my backpack, forgot about it all day. When I went to get it from the classroom closet, it was under a bunch of other ones. Needless to say, when I opened that thing....ewwww. Mushy, smelly banana all over the inside. And I had to clean it up. I'm still surprised I can look at a banana without gagging.
    24 years old, mid-life crisis
    nowadays hits you when you're young

• i think to each his/her own has already been covered....i was discussing MY preferences. and when i say 'go out of your way'....i mean, why spend money on it if it's not the way you like it? however, you've now explained it, in far greater detail than i ever would've imagined for a soggy cereal discussion....so i DO 'get it' now....tho for me, still.....yuck. enjoy your soggy cereal! :P

norm......i LOVE black olives.....and i enjoy the smaller mushrooms, but my sister is the same way in regards to mushrooms. i take it you don't care for tofu either? similar consistency. textures in foods really ARE a big deal, absolutely!

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the occasional crunchy cereal too, but really, have you even tried soggy cinnamon toast crunch? Have you ever had a drink of the cinnamony goodness leftover? Or the golden nectar left behind by a bowl of soggy golden grahams?
    or the leftover milk from cocoa pops... mmm... mmm... mmm :P and yes, I AM 7 :mrgreen:

That does sound good...though I've never had it! Anything chocolatey with milk is good by me. :D
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Talk about consistency issues....I once brought a banana to elementary school in my backpack, forgot about it all day. When I went to get it from the classroom closet, it was under a bunch of other ones. Needless to say, when I opened that thing....ewwww. Mushy, smelly banana all over the inside. And I had to clean it up. I'm still surprised I can look at a banana without gagging.

bananas must be ripe and not bruised or blackened...once it starts getting mushy out it goes :oops:

• That does sound good...though I've never had it! Anything chocolatey with milk is good by me. :D
    just googled... apparently you should know it as cocoa krispies :D but yep, with hot milk too... it's like hot chocolate :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    ick...I don't use a lot of milk
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    I just had a big bowl of mushy, almost disintegrating Cinnamon Life for lunch... and when I got to the bottom, I slurped up all the sugary, cinnamony milky goodness!
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    I just had a big bowl of mushy, almost disintegrating Cinnamon Life for lunch... and when I got to the bottom, I slurped up all the sugary, cinnamony milky goodness!

gross :P
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    hmm... maybe it's just me... but if 'all y'all' are so nauseated reading about soggy cereal, why open a thread entitled 'soggy cereal'? And why continue reading? :mrgreen: I certainly wouldn't open a thread entitled 'pictures of disgusting creepy spiders' :mrgreen:

Oh dear lord. :roll:
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• I just had a big bowl of mushy, almost disintegrating Cinnamon Life for lunch... and when I got to the bottom, I slurped up all the sugary, cinnamony milky goodness!

you just HAD to share, eh? ;)
    hahaha.

i had a fantastic, and beautifully crunchy, salad.....dresssing added *just* before consumption. i definitely like a lot of my foods crunchy and/or firm.

and ooooooooooooo...i cannot stand all the disitegrated cereal at the bottom of the bag in the box! i try to pick out as many whole pieces, ar at leasr pieces...and leave the dust crumbs for the trash. i just can't stand it.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

That's great!! Good for you...I certainly wouldn't go anywhere near that...to each his own.

• normnorm Posts: 31,146

see cinnamon life is one cereal i don't mind getting soggy...in fact you ate it just the right way :mrgreen:
    I had no idea this would be such a controversial topic!! I think it's clear that people feel very strongly one way or the other on this issue.

• hmm... maybe it's just me... but if 'all y'all' are so nauseated reading about soggy cereal, why open a thread entitled 'soggy cereal'? And why continue reading? :mrgreen: I certainly wouldn't open a thread entitled 'pictures of disgusting creepy spiders' :mrgreen:

Oh dear lord. :roll:
    I'm sorry... it's just the whole 'well if it means that much to you/well if it doesn't mean that much to you' thing is evidentally contagious :mrgreen:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life

• and ooooooooooooo...i cannot stand all the disitegrated cereal at the bottom of the bag in the box! i try to pick out as many whole pieces, ar at leasr pieces...and leave the dust crumbs for the trash. i just can't stand it.
    I don't like that either... it's like powder.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,319
    I love the fact that a thread on soggy cereal can generate 6 pages in just 6 hours.

I have never liked eating cereal with milk. Since I was a young child, I've thought that milk ruins cereal. I don't eat cereal that much, but when I do, it's completely dry. Raisin Bran, Corn Pops, Cap'n Crunch, even Grape Nuts... dry, dry, dry, dry.
  • Kenny Olav wrote:
    I love the fact that a thread on soggy cereal can generate 6 pages in just 6 hours.

I have never liked eating cereal with milk. Since I was a young child, I've thought that milk ruins cereal. I don't eat cereal that much, but when I do, it's completely dry. Raisin Bran, Corn Pops, Cap'n Crunch, even Grape Nuts... dry, dry, dry, dry.

Weirdo!!! ;)

Didn't the Chipmunks (cartoon) used to eat cereal with orange juice or something? I've actually thought about that recently, unrelated to this thread. I think some cereals wouldn't be half bad with OJ! One of the flakey ones...raisin bran maybe? I may try it for curiosity sake.
  • Kenny Olav wrote:

Weirdo!!! ;)

Didn't the Chipmunks (cartoon) used to eat cereal with orange juice or something? I've actually thought about that recently, unrelated to this thread. I think some cereals wouldn't be half bad with OJ! One of the flakey ones...raisin bran maybe? I may try it for curiosity sake.

I used to eat wheaties with gatorade when I was little before baseball games.

I actually almost choked on soggy rice crispies when I was little.
    NERDS!
  • I love soggy cereal, in winter I will always heat the milk up to make it all nice and warm and squishy :D
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
    Kenny Olav wrote:

Weirdo!!! ;)

and you think I'M weird?!! :roll:

• Kenny Olav wrote:

Weirdo!!! ;)

and you think I'M weird?!! :roll:

I KNOW it. :D And I love you for it.

Weirdo. :P
    And I love you for it.

Weirdo. :P

I knew it. :P

• Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    yeah it sucks when cereal goes soggy, i love the freshness at the start!
    I BrisK I wrote:
    yeah it sucks when cereal goes soggy, i love the freshness at the start!

Exactly. It grosses me out ALOT when it gets soggy.

• LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Not a fan
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    Cereal is kind of a waste of time in general
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Fruity Pebbles is a must to have soggy.
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    DS1119 wrote:
    Fruity Pebbles is a must to have soggy.
    You're out of your fucking mind
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276