Soggy Cereal

AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
Is the most disgusting thing...bleh. It makes me gag. I guess I have issues with texture.
This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I can change diapers all day long and not one will phase me, but, if Annabelle takes too long eating her cereal in the morning and it gets soggy and she continues eating it, it gives me chills!
  • that is why i hate cereal!! if i do decide to eat cereal, i pour the milk in...mix it around with my cereal for a second, then pour the milk out in the sink. then i don't run the risk of soggy cereal! but i really hate milk, so maybe that's why i've always done that??!
  • AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    I can change diapers all day long and not one will phase me, but, if Annabelle takes too long eating her cereal in the morning and it gets soggy and she continues eating it, it gives me chills!

OMG me too! LOL! I have 2 kids in diapers...and I have no gagging problems changing poopy diapers...but a bowl of soggy ickiness...barf city.

iamsam_pj wrote:
    that is why i hate cereal!! if i do decide to eat cereal, i pour the milk in...mix it around with my cereal for a second, then pour the milk out in the sink. then i don't run the risk of soggy cereal! but i really hate milk, so maybe that's why i've always done that??!

Maybe that's what I should be doing. I BARELY pour any milk in at all....maybe now I'll just toss it.

On a side note...when I was a kid I was visiting an aunt who made me DRINK THE MILK...and all the soggy gross pieces at the bottom. It was one of the worst experiences of my life.

• iamsam_pj wrote:
    that is why i hate cereal!! if i do decide to eat cereal, i pour the milk in...mix it around with my cereal for a second, then pour the milk out in the sink. then i don't run the risk of soggy cereal! but i really hate milk, so maybe that's why i've always done that??!

Maybe that's what I should be doing. I BARELY pour any milk in at all....maybe now I'll just toss it.

On a side note...when I was a kid I was visiting an aunt who made me DRINK THE MILK...and all the soggy gross pieces at the bottom. It was one of the worst experiences of my life.
    oh vomit!! my sister used to do that as a kid...i'd get soooo grossed out! and she'd slurp it up too...the sound was just awful.
  • Is the most disgusting thing...bleh. It makes me gag. I guess I have issues with texture.

i absolutely have issues with texture, big time! always have!
    food textures are VERY important, and you bet, soggy cereal is disgusting. no way can i eat it. however, the cereal i regularly eat, kashi go lean crunch.....would take a looooonnnnnngggg time to ever get soggy. probably just yet another reason i love it so. :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Oh I love soggy cereal! :mrgreen: Shredded Wheat, Weetabix and Shreddies inparticular :mrgreen:

I like soggy sandwiches too though... I have tomato in mine everyday in hope that the bread will soften :oops:

It's odd though, I know quite a few people who don't like sloppy textures in food. My mum won't even have bread or cheese sauce on a roast dinner if it has gravy... apparently she can't mix sloppy food :shock: :roll: :lol:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
    Is the most disgusting thing...bleh. It makes me gag. I guess I have issues with texture.

food textures are VERY important, and you bet, soggy cereal is disgusting. no way can i eat it. however, the cereal i regularly eat, kashi go lean crunch.....would take a looooonnnnnngggg time to ever get soggy. probably just yet another reason i love it so. :)

I should try that cereal. I think I'll pick it up tonight. You know...fun fact...Kashi is based in San Diego.

• soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    edited February 2009

That stuff wreaks havoc on my digestive system, I don't know how people can eat it. It's like the real life "Colon Blow" from that SNL skit.

I love Cinnamon Life, which gets soggy faster than any cereal I know. I drink the milk too. Nothing phases me!
    Post edited by soulsinging on
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    edited February 2009
    Oh I love soggy cereal! :mrgreen: Shredded Wheat, Weetabix and Shreddies inparticular :mrgreen:

I like soggy sandwiches too though... I have tomato in mine everyday in hope that the bread will soften :oops:

It's odd though, I know quite a few people who don't like sloppy textures in food. My mum won't even have bread or cheese sauce on a roast dinner if it has gravy... apparently she can't mix sloppy food :shock: :roll: :lol:

:o :shock: :o

yikes!
    and i can't even stand gravy, yuck. don't like cream of anything, mashed potatoes, etc. soggy/mushy foods, soooooooooo not my thing! i like all my foods fresh and firm, just like my men! ;) haha.

seriously, i turned my husband onto guacamole a million years ago and he was absolutely shocked that i ate it and love it, given it's consistency and sure, color. :P guacamole and salsa are big exceptions, but really....both have to be quite fresh and with good, firm ingredients to be great...so not that odd, really, for me. :)

conor..it's not the plain ole go lean...it's the go lean crunch! ...makes a BIG difference.
    and AM...try it! it's delish, doesn't go soggy...and sure, healthy too! and i eat cereal, lots of fruits and veggies, spicy, spicy foods, etc...so my 'system' can handle a LOT. :P
    Post edited by decides2dream on
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

That stuff wreaks havoc on my digestive system, I don't know how people can it. It's like the real life "Colon Blow" from that SNL skit.

I love Cinnamon Life, which gets soggy faster than any cereal I know. I drink the milk too. Nothing phases me!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROOSS. :eek:

The kids LOOOOOOOOVE Cinnamon Life...but they eat it dry...or else I wouldn't give it to them. LOL

Oh I love soggy cereal! :mrgreen: Shredded Wheat, Weetabix and Shreddies inparticular :mrgreen:

OMG! Soggy bread is the WORST!! That makes me gag even more than soggy cereal. I'm seriously about to throw up thinking about it.

conor..it's not the plain ole go lean...it's the go lean crunch! ...makes a BIG difference.

I dunno, that's the stuff I was eating. I don't know what the deal is. I think I just can't handle anything with granola.
  • Thorns2010Thorns2010 Posts: 2,200
    Drinking the milk in the bowl after the cereal is gone is like the best part!!! You people are weird!! :lol::mrgreen:
    Thorns2010 wrote:
    Drinking the milk in the bowl after the cereal is gone is like the best part!!! You people are weird!! :lol::mrgreen:

I need to leave this thread. I'm honestly going to be sick.

• Oh I love soggy cereal! :mrgreen: Shredded Wheat, Weetabix and Shreddies inparticular :mrgreen:

OMG! Soggy bread is the WORST!! That makes me gag even more than soggy cereal. I'm seriously about to throw up thinking about it.

especially soggy woith tomato juices! :shock: OMG. hahahahahaha.
    i am a big condiment/dressings on the side person, b/c i don't EVER want any of my foods to get soggy.

oh, and i love kashi products...and i knew where they were based. few good things have come from san diego, eh? ;)

as to the cereal, i use *just* enough milk, always skim, to cover my cereal...and i eat every last bit of my cereal...and as i said, it doesn't get soggy, so i can eat every last piece. by the time i am done, there really is next to no milk left in the bowl in any case. so nothing wasted.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• conor..it's not the plain ole go lean...it's the go lean crunch! ...makes a BIG difference.

I dunno, that's the stuff I was eating. I don't know what the deal is. I think I just can't handle anything with granola.

eh well....too bad, your loss b/c that is good stuff!
    i do admit, if i go off eating well awhile and then back to all my whole grains, fruits, veggies, etc....it sure changes 'everything'...hahahaha...but in a good way i think. i definitely FELL so much better eating well, even tho my cravings may want to direct me to all sorts of other stuff at times, and sure, i do indulge em.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

i do admit, if i go off eating well awhile and then back to all my whole grains, fruits, veggies, etc....it sure changes 'everything'...hahahaha...but in a good way i think. i definitely FELL so much better eating well, even tho my cravings may want to direct me to all sorts of other stuff at times, and sure, i do indulge em.
    I've sure learned alot about your digestive habits today! :lol:

• 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    Soggy cereal is amazing! I usually wait a little for it to get a little soggy. But the best is soggy fries. I always grab the soggy fries from mcdonalds, theyre amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09

Maybe it's a matter of pushing through those first few days. I mostly stick to Raisin Bran though... It's somewhere in the middle ;)

And to those saying how gross this topic is, it's nothing compared to this (work safe):
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29170772/
    And to those saying how gross this topic is, it's nothing compared to this (work safe):

Thread Killer!

• Maybe it's a matter of pushing through those first few days. I mostly stick to Raisin Bran though... It's somewhere in the middle ;)

riasin bran definitely has the possibility of getty soggy/mushy tho..so for me...no thanks. :P

and yes, that IS disgusting. however, since it has no bearing on my life - and if not for you pointing it out ;) - i'd not have seen/known. soggy cereal is far more problematic! :lol:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Gotta let my cereal sit a good 15 minutes... crunchy cereal sucks!
    Maybe it's a matter of pushing through those first few days. I mostly stick to Raisin Bran though... It's somewhere in the middle ;)

riasin bran definitely has the possibility of getty soggy/mushy tho..so for me...no thanks. :P

and yes, that IS disgusting. however, since it has no bearing on my life - and if not for you pointing it out ;) - i'd not have seen/known. soggy cereal is far more problematic! :lol:

Well said.

:shock: :shock: :shock:
    why not just eat oatmeal then?!
    yuuuuucccckkkkkk!
    crunchy cereal is soooo awesome! :mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

Gotta let my cereal sit a good 15 minutes... crunchy cereal sucks!

yuuuuucccckkkkkk!

Now wait...I like oatmeal...sometimes...

• I can't eat cereal until it gets soggy! I hate crunchiness and love the texture of soggy cereal...especially the flakey ones, like bran flakes, total, etc. Oooohhh and golden grahams and cinnamon toast crunch and checks! Nothing like a good soggy bowl of golden grahams. And the milk at the bottom?!?! Absolute heaven!!! Mmm mmm mmm.

You're weird, M. ;):p
    24 years old, mid-life crisis
    nowadays hits you when you're young

yuuuuucccckkkkkk!

i don't....far too much into the mushy, smooshy food consistency issue for me. :P

and i was only joking. point being, if you don't like crunchy cereal, why buy crunchy cereal? of course, we all know...there ARe plenty of cereals out there that will become soggy, mushy messes if you let em...i just can't believe it's actually a preference for some. ;) yikes! haha.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

yuuuuucccckkkkkk!

Completely different. Oatmeal is one mass of mush. Cereal at least still retains some of it's shape and texture, and has clear boundaries from the milk. Oatmeal is all mixed. Maybe if you let cereal sit for hours and used a fraction of the milk, it would compare.

• :shock: :shock: :shock:
    yuuuuucccckkkkkk!

i don't....far too much into the mushy, smooshy food consistency issue for me. :P

and i was only joking. point being, if you don't like crunchy cereal, why buy crunchy cereal? of course, we all know...there ARe plenty of cereals out there that will become soggy, mushy messes if you let em...i just can't believe it's actually a preference for some. ;) yikes! haha.

That's like saying if you don't like raw eggs...why buy them?