Options

The Wilco Thread

12346»

Comments

• Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,436
    Anyone else get presale tickets for the fall tour?

I did the 2x browser routine to get tickets for 2 nights......got 5th row center for 1st night in Los Angeles and 6th row center for the 3rd night in Los Angeles.

Love that they prefer paying multiple nights at small venues!
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,288
    New album Cousin coming September 29th!  =)

COUSIN

Introducing a new member of the family. Wilco’s 13th studio album Cousin will be available September 29th on CD, vinyl and digitally via dBpm Records.

“I’m cousin to the world,” frontman Jeff Tweedy confesses. “I don’t feel like I’m a blood relation, but maybe I’m a cousin by marriage.” Produced by the singular Welsh artist Cate Le Bon, Cousin marks the first time Wilco has handed the reins over to an outsider producer since Sky Blue Sky. Le Bon’s influences—among them the inclusion of saxophone, cheap Japanese guitars, and a cinematic, New Wave-style drum machine—drive the album into the future. The result is Wilco’s most pointed and evocative album, one related but not tied to our present moment, truly new ground for a band that has tested musical boundaries throughout its lengthy career.

“Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    There’s a cool ‘floral ice’ vinyl available at wilcocousin.com now

(Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,656
    I saw this news this morning and was so excited. This is shaping up to be the best year for new music. 
  • Options

(Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,290
    I never knew this thread was here. I'm a big-time, long-time Wilco fan. (My first Wilco show was in June 1995, only 14 months after my first Pearl Jam show. I got A.M. in April 1995 after having been randomly exposed to about a 15-second clip of Wilco in a package of SXSW highlights that I saw on CNN in March 1995.) I've seen Pearl Jam 70 times, and Wilco about 50 (although I've seen Jeff Tweedy, including Wilco, well over 70 times).

I have a good friend and fellow Ten Club member whom I met while in line for GA for Wilco at the Wiltern in L.A. in 2012. He looked familiar to me for some reason, and he thought the same about me. We came to realize that we recognized each other from PJ20 the year before. We've seen both bands together too many times to count since, including about 20 Jeff Tweedy shows at Largo in L.A.

Anyway, I've got tickets for all four L.A. shows and the Santa Barbara show in October. I'll have five days to familiarize myself with the new album before the first show. I can't wait.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.