Options

$140???!?

13»

Comments

• Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,091
    100 Pacer wrote:
    BeerBaron wrote:

Point (b) is a valid one. And there no "potentially" there, they will hit us all with customs charges. Should be an additional $28 or so, give or take (depending on the F/X rate on the day it gets processed).

so my lost/stolen eV Kenyon Hall poster carries no weight with you?! harsh! :lol:
    Well, that doesn't happen very often. Over the past 5 or 6 years I have had over 100 tubes and probably the same number of small parcels/packages shipped to me from various placed in the US (including the 10C) and only a single tube has gone missing. Those are pretty good odds.

That said, my missing tube wasn't' a Kenyon, so I guess I don't truly feel your pain
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    demetrios wrote:

$140 + $30 dollars (ship to Canada) = $170 US from 10club is .. (today's closing market) .. $211.089 CDN!

Amazon is way to high! :shock:

I bought mine in December and it was $210.48....so I'd call that a bargain - the best I've ever haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-aaaaaad! :D
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,091
    demetrios wrote:

$140 + $30 dollars (ship to Canada) = $170 US from 10club is .. (today's closing market) .. $211.089 CDN!

I bought mine in December and it was $210.48....so I'd call that a bargain - the best I've ever haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-aaaaaad! :D
    lol. Looks like I am the chump so far :oops:
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,695
    demetrios wrote:

Same here! 8-)
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/802966

$479.97 AUD
    that = $314 US or $389 Canadian

the $190 it will cost me from the 10c = $290 Australian

10c here we come!
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    i have to pay the $50 shipping on top making it $190

i was not going to get in, but the only online price in Australia i have seen is double that price :o :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :twisted:
    really? it can be had for £100 here..
    Amazon the normal postage is not even a fiver to Oz (they consider it as 1 CD/DVD)..oh, actually, they remove VAT, so actually only £86.94 + postage (and just found out you bastards don't have to pay customs if it's less than $1000 :shock: ..I wish our limit was even a quarter that high!)...so you can get it delivered to Oz for less than we can pay for it delivery free! (you'll get it much faster than 10c too I bet)

100Pacer, that should be a good deal for you too (CAD$160), even if you pay customs on it.

Basically anyone outside the US is much better off ordering from the UK.
  • Options
    Hey I just got my mastercard bill for the extra value markup exchange rate of 50$ for a total of 220 for the super deluxe!!!!!!
    Who's the chump now ...DOH!!!
    But I am looking forward to seeing everthing ,It's history...
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,650
    Pegasus wrote:

it can be had for £100 here..Amazon the normal postage is not even a fiver to Oz (they consider it as 1 CD/DVD)..oh, actually, they remove VAT, so actually only £86.94 + postage (and just found out you bastards don't have to pay customs if it's less than $1000 :shock: ..I wish our limit was even a quarter that high!)...so you can get it delivered to Oz for less than we can pay for it delivery free! (you'll get it much faster than 10c too I bet)

100Pacer, that should be a good deal for you too (CAD$160), even if you pay customs on it.

when i last made a purchase from HMV in the UK, i was charged VAT when i shouldn't have been so i wonder whether Amazon in the UK would actually dismiss VAT. Amazon charging International Priority Airmail postal rates for a boxset that likely weighs at least 10lbs. based on rates for 1 CD/DVD sounds too good to be true. care to post a link that i can investigate further? 8-)

not sure who informed you about any purchase over $1000 being exempt but it's incorrect - ANY commercial purchase flagged by Canada Customs entering the country is fair game for import duty and taxes, it's just a matter of an inspector catching the declared value,...
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    100 Pacer wrote:
    Pegasus wrote:

it can be had for £100 here..Amazon the normal postage is not even a fiver to Oz (they consider it as 1 CD/DVD)..oh, actually, they remove VAT, so actually only £86.94 + postage (and just found out you bastards don't have to pay customs if it's less than $1000 :shock: ..I wish our limit was even a quarter that high!)...so you can get it delivered to Oz for less than we can pay for it delivery free! (you'll get it much faster than 10c too I bet)

when i last made a purchase from HMV in the UK, i was charged VAT when i shouldn't have been so i wonder whether Amazon in the UK would actually dismiss VAT. Amazon charging International Priority Airmail postal rates for a boxset that likely weighs at least 10lbs. based on rates for 1 CD/DVD sounds too good to be true. care to post a link that i can investigate further? 8-)

not sure who informed you about any purchase over $1000 being exempt but it's incorrect - ANY commercial purchase flagged by Canada Customs entering the country is fair game for import duty and taxes, it's just a matter of an inspector catching the declared value,...
    just go to amazon, go through the purchase process (but not the last part), you'll have all the prices..
    but look in the shipping section and it says so (both for VAT and shipping rates..Amazon doesn't know how to charge for boxsets, it doesn't charge for more than 1 item)
    the $1000 was for VedderSoup in Australia, not Canada.
  • Options
    thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    on the original topic...

I sort of agree. I often wonder why a band that supposedly sticks up and respects it's fans so much sells so many trinkets- I mean it's special edition this and that, books, posters, tshirts,bootlegs, hats, SOCKS!, Zippos!, stickers, you name it, they stick a PJ logo on it and sell it to us as "a limited edition" as in, since you are a member of the 10c, you are fortunate enough to buy this item, of that normal fans would buy this book for $40, but a real fan would pay $200 for it for the 'special edition'- It all seems to have gone overboard- especially with the socks, bags and limited edition zippos. It's like they are whoring themselves out to the point where we will be seeing PJ can koozies and coffee mugs

I get that it's all up to us to buy the stuff, and we don't have to- but it just seems like a band that preaches about the 'Green Disease' wouldn't need so much of it's fans' green. If they were truly men of their words, they wouldn't need to sell people socks, bags and zippos. It's almost gotten to the point where it's not so much about the music as it is about Pearl Jam becoming their own corporation selling items with their logo on it.

Edit: Oh I forgot they are now selling Pearl Jam baby clothes and skate board decks. It's like they preach that the key to life isn't money, so when we are forking it over to them we don't feel bad
  • Options
    But I sure would use a PJ can koozie!!!!!!

thunderDAN wrote:
    on the original topic...

I sort of agree. I often wonder why a band that supposedly sticks up and respects it's fans so much sells so many trinkets- I mean it's special edition this and that, books, posters, tshirts,bootlegs, hats, SOCKS!, Zippos!, stickers, you name it, they stick a PJ logo on it and sell it to us as "a limited edition" as in, since you are a member of the 10c, you are fortunate enough to buy this item, of that normal fans would buy this book for $40, but a real fan would pay $200 for it for the 'special edition'- It all seems to have gone overboard- especially with the socks, bags and limited edition zippos. It's like they are whoring themselves out to the point where we will be seeing PJ can koozies and coffee mugs

I get that it's all up to us to buy the stuff, and we don't have to- but it just seems like a band that preaches about the 'Green Disease' wouldn't need so much of it's fans' green. If they were truly men of their words, they wouldn't need to sell people socks, bags and zippos. It's almost gotten to the point where it's not so much about the music as it is about Pearl Jam becoming their own corporation selling items with their logo on it.

Edit: Oh I forgot they are now selling Pearl Jam baby clothes and skate board decks. It's like they preach that the key to life isn't money, so when we are forking it over to them we don't feel bad