Options

$140???!?

Comments

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,178
    :?
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    So much complaining! I think PJ are doing a great thing, just buy the version that suits you best, if you think 140 bucks is too much just don't buy it.

Jeeeeeeeez
    Makes me ache, makes me shake...
    ...is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • Options
    beating_a_dead_horse.gif
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,178
    beating_a_dead_horse.gif

AGREED. time for this thread to burn out....
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    PJRock75PJRock75 Posts: 868
    You've got to be kidding me......this would be the best $140 you ever spent!! This thing is loaded with goodies 8-)
    "If you want a friend, feed any animal." - JA
    "Don't let it get you down, you know, still give your love, just give it away...I love singin' that part." - EV
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,220
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    Cake reissued their first album and it came with various goodies and they are charging like 15 bucks for it....
    I'm just sayin'...
    Did the Cake Edition come with both CD and LP versions... and a DVD of 'Cake: Unplugged'... and a double LP of a Cake concert... and a replica Demo Tape of Cake's original Hit... and a replica notebooks of the Cake singer guy... and pictures and posters and stuff like that?
    If that's the case... then, it's a fucking bargain.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,564
    DD164485 wrote:
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    Cake reissued their first album and it came with various goodies and they are charging like 15 bucks for it....
    I'm just sayin'...

Hmmm...Okay
    You seem to be missing a very key point here...

CAKE ISN'T PEARL JAM!!!

I don't think the demand would be there for Cake's first album even if they did charge $145.00

calm down fanboi...
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    I'm just sayin'...
    Did the Cake Edition come with both CD and LP versions... and a DVD of 'Cake: Unplugged'... and a double LP of a Cake concert... and a replica Demo Tape of Cake's original Hit... and a replica notebooks of the Cake singer guy... and pictures and posters and stuff like that?

Did you see my post above? Alright then :)

Also, the keyword here is REPLICA :D

#standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,083
    mmm .. Cake Record!!!

party_cakes_02a.jpg

2507885776_bda9094737.jpg?v=0
  • Options
    $140, was how much Metallica charged for the deluxe box set for Death Magnetic. And there's alot more "stuff" in the Super-Deluxe Ten.
    Rock me Jesus, roll me Lord...
    Wash me in the blood of Rock & Roll
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,942
    RH42752 wrote:
    $140, was how much Metallica charged for the deluxe box set for Death Magnetic. And there's alot more "stuff" in the Super-Deluxe Ten.
    after all it is the same band that sued napster and did a move bout there therapy sessions soooooo nothing surprises me with metallica these days
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    PJ can charge whatever the fuck they want to. My point is I don't want to hear any more bitching from them about the horrors of the free market as they are taking complete and total advantage of that system by convincing their many fans to buy more expensive limited edition plastic discs. (Hasn't Ed seen "Wall-e"??)

Maybe I'm just still upset about paying double the price to see half a concert when they played in St. Paul with Petty in '06...
    So this life is sacrifice...
    6/30/98 Minneapolis, 10/8/00 East Troy (Brrrr!), 6/16/03 St. Paul, 6/27/06 St. Paul
  • Options
    (Hasn't Ed seen "Wall-e"??)

Of course he did! 8-)
  • Options
    I, for one, am completely stoked to pay $140 for that package... the day it comes will be the single best unwrapping experience since I got a Nintendo for Christmas when I was 7...

...seriously, and it might just top that.
    If Adam and Eve had Taco Bell they would have never eaten that filthy fruit...
  • Options
    EBowieEBowie Posts: 529
    First off, I'm not complaining about the price for any of these packages. The band and the Ten Club have been very good to me over the years and in no way whatsoever do I think there is any sort of greed going on. My guess is that the $140 price tag is due mostly to the production/assembly costs of the product.

Here's something to consider, for those concerned about their financial situation:
    The deluxe edition consists of the 2 cds and 1 dvd for $32.
    The vinyl edition consists of 2 lps for $19. That comes out to $51 (prior to shipping charges), if you were to buy those two packages.

Now, if you buy the super deluxe edition for $140 you'd be spending $89 more than the deluxe plus vinyl together. So, basically, it comes down to whether you feel that the extra lps, the cassette, and bonus goodies are worth $89 to you. And of course the possibility of your set being autographed is a major factor.

So, obviously, it's a personal decision about which (if any) you choose to buy. I guess I just wanted to show folks, who may not have the $140, that they can get pretty close to the super deluxe edition for less coin.
  • Options
    mini_tbmini_tb Posts: 420
    Maybe I'm just still upset about paying double the price to see half a concert when they played in St. Paul with Petty in '06...

I was at both shows in St. Paul. They were fine shows - but waaaaaaaaay too short. And the posters are ugly as fuck, too!! Still waiting for them to come this way again and give us a proper length concert instead of 19 or however many songs!!
    Glorified version of a pelican
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    I happily plopped down the $152.46 for the Super Deluxe Edition. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,526
    CW45684 wrote:
    I like how people seem to believe this is pure profit for Pearl Jam. Like all 5 members get $28 and that is how it works. People believe that it doesn't cost any money to press 4 (quality) vinyls, make 2 cds, a dvd and all the other goodies. Or that Sony, Brendan O'Brien, Rick Parashar, and plenty of other people included in the process don't get any money.

If you don't want to pay that much, don't buy it! It is simple. This is not a requirement. Pearl Jam is trying to do something nice for fans, and yes, it will cost a nice chunk of change, because it takes a nice chunk of change to put together. Are people really this ignorant or uneducated, or whatever, to not understand how these sort of things work?

To answer your question....Yes.

People dont understand how it works....
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,526
    mini_tb wrote:

I was at both shows in St. Paul. They were fine shows - but waaaaaaaaay too short. And the posters are ugly as fuck, too!! Still waiting for them to come this way again and give us a proper length concert instead of 19 or however many songs!!

I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.....

I was jumping at the chance to see Pearl jam and Tom Petty play together....

Ed joining in on the Waiting, with Tom...you cant put a price on that...

Oh, and I thought that poster was badass. It was one of the ones I framed, and people comment it all the time. "Woah, you saw Tom Petty and Pearl Jam Play together?"
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,220
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    Cosmo wrote:
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    I'm just sayin'...

Did you see my post above? Alright then :)

Also, the keyword here is REPLICA :D
    I know... just messin' with ya.
    And i think your Cake reference puts things into perspective... when you compare the the Cake fanbase with the Pearl Jam fanbase (in both numbers and tenacity), the 15 vs. 140 seems to become apparent.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,860
    i have to pay the $50 shipping on top making it $190

i was not going to get in, but the only online price in Australia i have seen is double that price :o :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :twisted:
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:
    I know... just messin' with ya.
    And i think your Cake reference puts things into perspective... when you compare the the Cake fanbase with the Pearl Jam fanbase (in both numbers and tenacity), the 15 vs. 140 seems to become apparent.

yeah, Cake fanbase don't have nuthin' on us, you're right about that :lol:

#standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,600

i was not going to get in, but the only online price in Australia i have seen is double that price :o :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :twisted:

$266.99 in Canada from Amazon.ca

http://www.amazon.ca/Ten-Pearl-Jam/dp/B ... 252&sr=8-2
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    100 Pacer wrote:

Wow! Then again, after shipping and F/X mine came out to $222. Looks like that was a deal!

Are you thinking twice about ordering through the 10C? ;)
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    BeerBaron wrote:
    100 Pacer wrote:

Wow! Then again, after shipping and F/X mine came out to $222. Looks like that was a deal!

Are you thinking twice about ordering through the 10C? ;)

indoobitably!
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    100 Pacer wrote:

"This item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping!"

Still, that's pretty expensive!!

$140 + $30 dollars (ship to Canada) = $170 US from 10club is .. (today's closing market) .. $211.089 CDN!

Amazon is way to high! :shock:
  • Options
    100 Pacer wrote:

indoobitably!
    Potentially cheaper AND it comes with the chance of being signed by the band.

Only downside is that we'll likely have to wait 2-3 weeks before it actually arrives ...
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    BeerBaron wrote:
    100 Pacer wrote:

indoobitably!

Only downside is that we'll likely have to wait 2-3 weeks before it actually arrives ...

i would potentially purchase the deluxe set from 10C simply because it would end up being significantly cheaper,...don't need the signatures :lol:

however, when you factor the following issues:

a) the boxset might go the way of my eV Kenyon Hall poster, which was lost/stolen on its' way from the 10C
    b) Canada Customs could potentially flag these packages and go to town on import duty and taxes
    c) concern over the boxset getting damaged in transit

i'm having second thoughts :?

• Options
    100 Pacer wrote:
    BeerBaron wrote:
    100 Pacer wrote:

indoobitably!

i would potentially purchase the deluxe set from 10C simply because it would end up being significantly cheaper,...don't need the signatures :lol:

however, when you factor the following issues:

a) the boxset might go the way of my eV Kenyon Hall poster, which was lost/stolen on its' way from the 10C
    b) Canada Customs could potentially flag these packages and go to town on import duty and taxes
    c) concern over the boxset getting damaged in transit

i'm having second thoughts :?
    Point (b) is a valid one. And there no "potentially" there, they will hit us all with customs charges. Should be an additional $28 or so, give or take (depending on the F/X rate on the day it gets processed).
  • Options
    BeerBaron wrote:

Point (b) is a valid one. And there no "potentially" there, they will hit us all with customs charges. Should be an additional $28 or so, give or take (depending on the F/X rate on the day it gets processed).

so my lost/stolen eV Kenyon Hall poster carries no weight with you?! harsh! :lol: