my zune is better than your ipod

13»

Comments

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,780
    sorry to be the bearer of bad news but have a feeling zunes aren't going to last too long. go with an ipod.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • i love my walkman
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889
    I have a Sony mp3 player and absolutely love it. I will never buy an Apple product, so good thing there are super great alternatives when it comes to music players and smartphones (Samsung for those).
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    160 gigs... I'm good for life.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,778
    I've yet to have a proper mp3 player. Except for on my phone. Just not a standalone mp3 player. Still listen to my discman.
    I miss igotid88
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    igotid88 wrote:
    I've yet to have a proper mp3 player. Except for on my phone. Just not a standalone mp3 player. Still listen to my discman.

I think creative had a decent one back in the day. Durable and lots of storage for cheap. Not sure if they're still around.
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,145
    igotid88 wrote:

Got my first iPod in 2003. Ten years of having my entire music library follow me everywhere :D.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    igotid88 wrote:

Got my first iPod in 2003. Ten years of having my entire music library follow me everywhere :D.

One of the first mp3 players

http://www.amazon.com/Rio-500-USB-Player-Gray/dp/B00000JSGF/ref=sr_1_4?s=mp3&ie=UTF8&qid=1359085010&sr=1-4&keywords=rio+mp3
    I miss igotid88
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,519
    igotid88 wrote:

you still use a discman? seriously??
    www.myspace.com
  • DURPDURP Posts: 2,180
    8 Track is on it's way back just watch.
    My butt itches!
    igotid88 wrote:

you still use a discman? seriously??

Yea. I could listen to a full album.
    I miss igotid88
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    igotid88 wrote:

Same here.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    my ipod is an essential part of my life
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    fanch75 wrote:
    One thing PC users can do that Mac users can't:

SHUT THE FUCK UP.

Ever notice how most Mac users are skinny? It's because of all the calories they burn because they can't shut the fuck up about how great their Macs are. What is it about Apple that makes its users unable to shut their mouths? Everywhere I go, there's another asshole with a Mac preaching about how much better Macs are than PCs. They regurgitate lines directly from Apple's marketing campaign, like "it just works." I have the following rebuttals to this argument:

1. If everything on a Mac just works, then why does a website called "Mac fix it" exist, assholes? Here are a few choice topics on macfixitforums.com:

-Login window stuck!
    -lower caSe "S" key not working!!
    -Menu bar keeps flashing
    -I can't drag and drop!

Waaaah, boo hoo! I can't drag and drop! Dumbass. Looks like your Macs aren't perfect after all, which leads me to my second point:

2. Fuck you.

I don't know why Mac users get so defensive when you call them idiots. I mean, Apple is a company that has built its entire user base around the fact that its users can't do simple things like turn their computers on. Hell, most Mac users can't even talk without using their hands, which ranks their intelligence somewhere between a simian and hog shit:

Stupid user base aside, I will never own a Mac. It's not so much that I'm a PC loyalist. I'm not. It's that I'm not stylish enough to own one. Most iPod commercials feature guys with long hair, chicks roller skating, and guys wearing fedoras. I have dandruff, and I buy most of my jeans from a grocery store. I feel like in order to have a Mac, I need to be:

# An artist.
    # In a band.
    # Unemployed (see above).

After the recent Apple conference, Mac fans were elated. One person was quoted as saying "I've had a Macintosh now for a total of 35 days, and I'm really excited to be part of the Mac community." Part of the Mac community? It's a computer, not a social movement, asshole! I feel like Apple is not just selling computers, they're selling a way of life, and I'm not ready to be that heavily invested in a product. I think this parody helps illustrate Apple's unspoken message:

iTunes is the new Real Player:

Back in the late 90s, everyone used Real Player. Then those cocks at Real Network got greedy, and tried to get their application to take over your entire PC, and people stopped using it. Same thing is happening with Quicktime now. You can't install Quicktime anymore unless you download bullshit iTunes. This section was supposed to be longer, but I couldn't even install iTunes so I could bitch about it. Not that I could have used it for what I wanted to anyway:

From the actual iTunes End User License Agreement.

"You will also agree that you will not use these products for the development, design, manufacture, or production of missiles, or nuclear, chemical, or biological weapons."

If I want to manufacture biological weapons with my copy of iTunes, I will, fascists. Ditch this bullshit.

3,920,529 Mac fans switched back over to Windows, even though Windows is just as shitty.

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net ... =macs_cant

Funniest thing I've ever read on this site
  • DURPDURP Posts: 2,180
    i love my walkman

I was at Kmart last week and saw a cassette walkman for sale for 12 dollars I admit I did laugh.
    My butt itches!
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    did anybody actually buy one of these?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    I'm a PC guy.

...and I love my iPod and iPad.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    81 wrote:

Zune? Absolutely. I know a few people that still have them laying around
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    81 wrote:

Zune? Absolutely. I know a few people that still have them laying around

laying around i could see. i considered it, but you couldn't intergrate them into a car stereo. became useless at that point.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg