my zune is better than your ipod

kevinbeetlekevinbeetle Posts: 358
edited May 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
it is. really.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• incorrect. I've owned both, and know.
    "It's all happening"
  • Never had a zune. Always had an ipod and I couldnt live without it. What makes the zune so much better?
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    it is. really.

sure it is. (patting little boy on top of head)
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • my dad can beat up your dad
    Follow the ageless tide.
    Follow the angled light.
    Follow the strangest tribe.
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    i found this pic of kevinbeetle

zune_tattoo2.jpg
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    One thing PC users can do that Mac users can't:

SHUT THE FUCK UP.

Ever notice how most Mac users are skinny? It's because of all the calories they burn because they can't shut the fuck up about how great their Macs are. What is it about Apple that makes its users unable to shut their mouths? Everywhere I go, there's another asshole with a Mac preaching about how much better Macs are than PCs. They regurgitate lines directly from Apple's marketing campaign, like "it just works." I have the following rebuttals to this argument:

1. If everything on a Mac just works, then why does a website called "Mac fix it" exist, assholes? Here are a few choice topics on macfixitforums.com:

-Login window stuck!
    -lower caSe "S" key not working!!
    -Menu bar keeps flashing
    -I can't drag and drop!

Waaaah, boo hoo! I can't drag and drop! Dumbass. Looks like your Macs aren't perfect after all, which leads me to my second point:

2. Fuck you.

I don't know why Mac users get so defensive when you call them idiots. I mean, Apple is a company that has built its entire user base around the fact that its users can't do simple things like turn their computers on. Hell, most Mac users can't even talk without using their hands, which ranks their intelligence somewhere between a simian and hog shit:

Stupid user base aside, I will never own a Mac. It's not so much that I'm a PC loyalist. I'm not. It's that I'm not stylish enough to own one. Most iPod commercials feature guys with long hair, chicks roller skating, and guys wearing fedoras. I have dandruff, and I buy most of my jeans from a grocery store. I feel like in order to have a Mac, I need to be:

# An artist.
    # In a band.
    # Unemployed (see above).

After the recent Apple conference, Mac fans were elated. One person was quoted as saying "I've had a Macintosh now for a total of 35 days, and I'm really excited to be part of the Mac community." Part of the Mac community? It's a computer, not a social movement, asshole! I feel like Apple is not just selling computers, they're selling a way of life, and I'm not ready to be that heavily invested in a product. I think this parody helps illustrate Apple's unspoken message:

iTunes is the new Real Player:

Back in the late 90s, everyone used Real Player. Then those cocks at Real Network got greedy, and tried to get their application to take over your entire PC, and people stopped using it. Same thing is happening with Quicktime now. You can't install Quicktime anymore unless you download bullshit iTunes. This section was supposed to be longer, but I couldn't even install iTunes so I could bitch about it. Not that I could have used it for what I wanted to anyway:

From the actual iTunes End User License Agreement.

"You will also agree that you will not use these products for the development, design, manufacture, or production of missiles, or nuclear, chemical, or biological weapons."

If I want to manufacture biological weapons with my copy of iTunes, I will, fascists. Ditch this bullshit.

3,920,529 Mac fans switched back over to Windows, even though Windows is just as shitty.

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net ... =macs_cant
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    fanch75 wrote:

SHUT THE FUCK UP.

Ever notice how most Mac users are skinny? It's because of all the calories they burn because they can't shut the fuck up about how great their Macs are. What is it about Apple that makes its users unable to shut their mouths? Everywhere I go, there's another asshole with a Mac preaching about how much better Macs are than PCs. They regurgitate lines directly from Apple's marketing campaign, like "it just works." I have the following rebuttals to this argument:

1. If everything on a Mac just works, then why does a website called "Mac fix it" exist, assholes? Here are a few choice topics on macfixitforums.com:

-Login window stuck!
    -Menu bar keeps flashing
    -I can't drag and drop!

Waaaah, boo hoo! I can't drag and drop! Dumbass. Looks like your Macs aren't perfect after all, which leads me to my second point:

2. Fuck you.

I don't know why Mac users get so defensive when you call them idiots. I mean, Apple is a company that has built its entire user base around the fact that its users can't do simple things like turn their computers on. Hell, most Mac users can't even talk without using their hands, which ranks their intelligence somewhere between a simian and hog shit:

Stupid user base aside, I will never own a Mac. It's not so much that I'm a PC loyalist. I'm not. It's that I'm not stylish enough to own one. Most iPod commercials feature guys with long hair, chicks roller skating, and guys wearing fedoras. I have dandruff, and I buy most of my jeans from a grocery store. I feel like in order to have a Mac, I need to be:

# An artist.
    # In a band.

After the recent Apple conference, Mac fans were elated. One person was quoted as saying "I've had a Macintosh now for a total of 35 days, and I'm really excited to be part of the Mac community." Part of the Mac community? It's a computer, not a social movement, asshole! I feel like Apple is not just selling computers, they're selling a way of life, and I'm not ready to be that heavily invested in a product. I think this parody helps illustrate Apple's unspoken message:

Back in the late 90s, everyone used Real Player. Then those cocks at Real Network got greedy, and tried to get their application to take over your entire PC, and people stopped using it. Same thing is happening with Quicktime now. You can't install Quicktime anymore unless you download bullshit iTunes. This section was supposed to be longer, but I couldn't even install iTunes so I could bitch about it. Not that I could have used it for what I wanted to anyway:

"You will also agree that you will not use these products for the development, design, manufacture, or production of missiles, or nuclear, chemical, or biological weapons."

If I want to manufacture biological weapons with my copy of iTunes, I will, fascists. Ditch this bullshit.

3,920,529 Mac fans switched back over to Windows, even though Windows is just as shitty.

My Mac is better than your PC.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    Danimal wrote:
    My Mac is better than your PC.

Ok, let's get this over with... how much do you weigh?
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    how do you know my ipod??
  • can someone explain to me why their ipod is so great? the ipod touch appears cool, i guess. people only get that to show off, right? kinda like the iphone. plus, isnt it only 16g or so? i could be wrong.

i think the zune interface is much easier to work with. the wireless syncing is great. i just sit it in the cradle to charge, get on the computer, drag and drop new shit on there or watch/listen to music and vids on the tv. im not saying your ipod doesnt do that. the radio with song recognition is cool, as is the ability to find other zune users in your range and send/receive songs.

and that picture of me is old. ive since shaved my stache. hi,fanch.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,407
    fanch75 wrote:

SHUT THE FUCK UP.

-Login window stuck!
    -Menu bar keeps flashing
    -I can't drag and drop!

2. Fuck you.

# An artist.
    # In a band.

i use a mac. i don't use it because i'm an asshole either. i use it b/c i felt that i got more for my money and b/c i had 2 new pc's die on me---both within a year of purchase.

there are some broad character generalizations in your mac rant. if you don't like Apple/Mac, fine with me. but realize that not every user is a pretentious dick about their computer. i'm glad you like your zune & pc. i'm glad it works for you. i really am. i tried that route & it didn't work, so i bought a mac.

i'm not socially inept or super skinny from talking about my mac all day. but i sure do love taking my iPod with me when i go running! ;)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    I'm sure it is :)

Good choice.
  • ArcticangelArcticangel Posts: 1,443
    Obviously. Because my iPod is a broken piece of junk that I can't afford to replace.
    PJ: St. Paul 6.16.2003, St. Paul 6.26.2006, St. Paul 6.27.2006, Hartford 6.27.2008, Mansfield 6.28.2008, Mansfield 6.30.2008, Beacon Theater 7.1.2008, Toronto 8.21.2009, Chicago 8.23.2009, Chicago 8.24.2009, Philly 10.30.2009, Philly 10.31.2009, Columbus 5.6.2010, Noblesville 5.7.2010

EV: Los Angeles 4.12.2008, Los Angeles 4.13.2008, Nashville 6.17.2009, Nashville 6.18.2009, Memphis 6.20.2009
  • kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,319
    I don't like anything made by Apple and Sony owns all.
  • and my zen is better than both ;)
  • I can tickle spongebob squarepants on my ipod...therefore, you are wrong. :lol:
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    edited January 2009
    fanch75 wrote:

SHUT THE FUCK UP.

-Login window stuck!
    -Menu bar keeps flashing
    -I can't drag and drop!

2. Fuck you.

# An artist.
    # In a band.

Honestly dude. We do it to get a rise out of all of you over angered pc users. Your hate towardsa COMPUTER is just absolutely ridiculous. That website you linked is absolutely hilarious. Only a pc user would give a shit enough about a damn computer to make a website trying to prove that PC's are better. I got one word for that....LAME

No offense but, Macs are MILES better. I used to own pcs, nothing but garbage. I finnaly convinced my dad to get a mac and BOOM, I love it. I mean sure, it has its share of kinks and wierd things sometimes, but NOWHERE near as bad as a shitty PC. TBH I don't give a shit about computers, and I dont understand why PC users are so obsessed with them that they have to back them up eveytime a mac user tells them they are better. They ARE better, seriously. I dont hate WIndows because it says Microsoft on it, I hate it because its a piece of shit. I heard windows 7 is great, ill check it out when it comes out. Will it sway me to get a pc over another mac? I HIGHLY doubt it, but if its good, than thats cool. Oh and I actually think Bill Gates is a real cool guy from interviews, but his products SOOOK.

As for the topic: I had a zune, and I currently have an ipod touch. The zune definately had better sound quality. But then again, a ZUNE vs and IPOD TOUCH? Are you kidding me. Ipod touch/iphone is a fucking artifact from the future. I can do what? everything on my ipod touch?

edit: oh and your terrible typical pc defense mechanism sucks. Seriously, mac users don't know how to turn on a computer? dude....ANYONE who is ANYONE knows how to use a computer, it doesnt matter what the fuck it is. I know how to use a pc just as well as my mac, its all the same shit. The differences are so minute. that argument is TERRRRRRIBLE. And anyway, I know MORE about computers now that I have a mac simply because I actually LIKE my computer. Every PC i've owned I hated, and I wanted nothing do with corny knowledge of computers. Now that I have a mac, im like, oh hey this think runs great, let me look up some random computer stuff up. Mac users know nothing about computers...hahaha OK.

Oh and the mac I use: $600 got me a 1.83 ghz intel core 2 duo processer, 1 gig of ram, and an 80 gig hard drive. (its a mac mini) Pathetic I know right? Not really.... this "slow ass" computer runs faster, smoother, better than any other PC ive owned. A mac simply needs LESS to run great then a pc. Why do you think Macbook Pros only have 2.6(?) ghz processors and 2 gigs of ram? Because they don't need anything better to run good. All these crappy PC's with vista need so much memory and and shit just to run period.
    Post edited by 12345AGNST1 on
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,958
    and my zen is better than both ;)

I love my Zen as well. I use it more than my iPod :shock:
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    Pretty much everything is better than an iPod.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    I don't get the fan boys..

But I've owned 3 Macs and 3 PCs.. the Macs were more reliable.

I'm am exited about Windows 7 however.

I like Mac because the interface is prettier and I like the simplicity. I don't hate Windows and would buy another Windows PC.

And Fanch, the people bragging about Mac and shoving it in your face are just suffering from an inferior complex. Not that Macs are inferior, but Macs are still by far in the minority.

And yes, working in computer support for many years now, 99% of people are too stupid to use a PC and should be using Mac.
    know1 wrote:
    Pretty much everything is better than an iPod.
    I only own a shuffle, I've used an iPod, and don't don't get what you'd find wrong with one.

They are simple, straight forward and easy to use. Whats the problem?
  • PorchsitterPorchsitter Posts: 1,069
    1000 years from now, people will kill each other over the fact that their god, "PC," is better than that other god, "Mac," and vice versa.

For the record, I worship at the altar of Mac.
    We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.--Bill Hicks
    1000 years from now, people will kill each other over the fact that their god, "PC," is better than that other god, "Mac," and vice versa.

For the record, I worship at the altar of Mac.
    Haha!

The argument over who makes better technology is such a nerd fest.

Just like the Xbox 360 vs. PS3 vs. Wii debate. I think all are awesome!
  • I've always had an ipod so I really can't personally make a call. But my friend had a zune and it died on him in a few months and he got an ipod to replace the zune and said the ipod is far better than the zune. So..
    And anyway I think Macs are better made then PCs but for games PCs are better but for more artistic stuff like video and sound editing MACs have way better software. That's my two cents ;)
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    I really don't like Apple or Microsoft but I own a PC and a Ipod.

I admit, I used to like iTunes, but I really can't stand it anymore. I have it because I basically have to for my iPod, but man does it suck!

That said, I'd take an iPod and shitty iTunes over a Zune or the device Creative (Zen is it?) makes.

And yeah, Fanch is somewhat right in his rant. Mac diehards are truly pathetic. The differences between PC and Apple are evident, but that small difference between the two gives nobody the right to think their shit doesn't stink.

What people should be talking about is how as consumers we are basically STUCK with two companies who force feed us crappy products. Windows could be better, Mac OS whatever could be better. Why we have to be stuck with two crappy options is what we SHOULD be discussing, not which of two shitty products is slightly better than the other. Yeah, there there is Linux/Unix, but really...those don't count.

Fact: Microsoft is one of the largest companies in the world who has a stranglehold on a market that we all use.
    Fact: Apple/Mac, even if slightly better than Microsoft, is providing an "alternative" that is in many ways just as shitty as M$.

It's really like being asked if you want to be punched in the face or kicked in the balls. Lose-Lose.
    mca47 wrote:

It's really like being asked if you want to be punched in the face or kicked in the balls. Lose-Lose.

Just for the record, I'd rather be punched in the face.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    mca47 wrote:

Just for the record, I'd rather be punched in the face.

Really? I'm not so sure. Getting kicked in the balls sucks big-time and it's horrible pain (makes you want to puke) but it doesn't last that long.
    A potential broken nose, jaw, knocked out tooth, or walking around with a black eye for 4-5 days seems worse to me.

Getting punched in the nose really sucks.

I guess it comes down to where in the face you get punched! LOL!
  • i personally dont give a shit what computer you have, as long as you like it. and for the record, fanch didnt type that out, so it may not even be his opinion.

i think when devices like these launch, there will be some sort of glitches in the beginning. perhaps the guy who said his friend had his zune broke was one of the few. was the ipod always glitch free? ive heard great things about that creative zen as well, but i guess i was looking for a little more bang for my buck. the ipod touch is sweet, but it is because its the first of its kind. soon there will be more competition

ipods came out first, and thats probably why the majority have them. they also have catchy commercials with crap songs that make people buy them as well. most people are reluctant to change and go with the flow.

that being said, my 80g zune is better than your 80g and less, non ipod touch, ipod. :geek:
  • maddox is funny
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    mca47 wrote:
    What people should be talking about is how as consumers we are basically STUCK with two companies who force feed us crappy products. Windows could be better, Mac OS whatever could be better. Why we have to be stuck with two crappy options is what we SHOULD be discussing, not which of two shitty products is slightly better than the other. Yeah, there there is Linux/Unix, but really...those don't count.

I see what your saying but I completely disagree. I dont think macs are slightly better but still almost as shitty. I think they are ALOT better. I think apple spends alot more time into designing and perfecting their products compared to other companies. Paying that extra amount of money is worth it to me. Call me a mac fan boy or whatever you want, but I totally disagree. I think macs are amazing. they have their flaws, and ill admit my computer sometimes bugs me a little bit, but nowhere near as a windows pc.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09