my zune is better than your ipod

Comments

• DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    CJMST3K wrote:
    Danimal wrote:
    My Mac is better than your PC.

Ok, let's get this over with... how much do you weigh?

210 why?
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• fanch75 wrote:
    One thing PC users can do that Mac users can't:

SHUT THE FUCK UP.

Ever notice how most Mac users are skinny? It's because of all the calories they burn because they can't shut the fuck up about how great their Macs are. What is it about Apple that makes its users unable to shut their mouths? Everywhere I go, there's another asshole with a Mac preaching about how much better Macs are than PCs. They regurgitate lines directly from Apple's marketing campaign, like "it just works." I have the following rebuttals to this argument:

1. If everything on a Mac just works, then why does a website called "Mac fix it" exist, assholes? Here are a few choice topics on macfixitforums.com:

-Login window stuck!
    -lower caSe "S" key not working!!
    -Menu bar keeps flashing
    -I can't drag and drop!

Waaaah, boo hoo! I can't drag and drop! Dumbass. Looks like your Macs aren't perfect after all, which leads me to my second point:

2. Fuck you.

I don't know why Mac users get so defensive when you call them idiots. I mean, Apple is a company that has built its entire user base around the fact that its users can't do simple things like turn their computers on. Hell, most Mac users can't even talk without using their hands, which ranks their intelligence somewhere between a simian and hog shit:

Stupid user base aside, I will never own a Mac. It's not so much that I'm a PC loyalist. I'm not. It's that I'm not stylish enough to own one. Most iPod commercials feature guys with long hair, chicks roller skating, and guys wearing fedoras. I have dandruff, and I buy most of my jeans from a grocery store. I feel like in order to have a Mac, I need to be:

# An artist.
    # In a band.
    # Unemployed (see above).

After the recent Apple conference, Mac fans were elated. One person was quoted as saying "I've had a Macintosh now for a total of 35 days, and I'm really excited to be part of the Mac community." Part of the Mac community? It's a computer, not a social movement, asshole! I feel like Apple is not just selling computers, they're selling a way of life, and I'm not ready to be that heavily invested in a product. I think this parody helps illustrate Apple's unspoken message:

iTunes is the new Real Player:

Back in the late 90s, everyone used Real Player. Then those cocks at Real Network got greedy, and tried to get their application to take over your entire PC, and people stopped using it. Same thing is happening with Quicktime now. You can't install Quicktime anymore unless you download bullshit iTunes. This section was supposed to be longer, but I couldn't even install iTunes so I could bitch about it. Not that I could have used it for what I wanted to anyway:

From the actual iTunes End User License Agreement.

"You will also agree that you will not use these products for the development, design, manufacture, or production of missiles, or nuclear, chemical, or biological weapons."

If I want to manufacture biological weapons with my copy of iTunes, I will, fascists. Ditch this bullshit.

3,920,529 Mac fans switched back over to Windows, even though Windows is just as shitty.

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net ... =macs_cant

+2 internets for sir!

but on the ipod thing, one thing that kept me from buying ipod was i heard stories of people dropping them and breaking. im clumsy and on top of that very careless. so i bought a zen, figured it couldnt be more fragile than ipods. with the occasional i missed my pocket and now it goes straight to the floor, or picking it up and it slips and flys over my head, or just my careless attitude if i drop it i try to play hacky-sack with before it hits the ground.....after 2 years it still plays. i dont need to be carrying an egg everywhere i go.
  • Paying that extra amount of money is worth it to me. Call me a mac fan boy or whatever you want, but I totally disagree. I think macs are amazing. they have their flaws, and ill admit my computer sometimes bugs me a little bit, but nowhere near as a windows pc.

didnt you say earlier in this thread you had your dad buy the mac?
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    Paying that extra amount of money is worth it to me. Call me a mac fan boy or whatever you want, but I totally disagree. I think macs are amazing. they have their flaws, and ill admit my computer sometimes bugs me a little bit, but nowhere near as a windows pc.

lol yea.. but since then I've bought an ipod touch ($300) and an apple keyboard with my money, and a new mouse and webcam, but they arent apple. That was kind of hypocritical.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    fanch75 wrote:
    One thing PC users can do that Mac users can't:

SHUT THE FUCK UP.

Ever notice how most Mac users are skinny? It's because of all the calories they burn because they can't shut the fuck up about how great their Macs are. What is it about Apple that makes its users unable to shut their mouths? Everywhere I go, there's another asshole with a Mac preaching about how much better Macs are than PCs. They regurgitate lines directly from Apple's marketing campaign, like "it just works." I have the following rebuttals to this argument:

1. If everything on a Mac just works, then why does a website called "Mac fix it" exist, assholes? Here are a few choice topics on macfixitforums.com:

-Login window stuck!
    -lower caSe "S" key not working!!
    -Menu bar keeps flashing
    -I can't drag and drop!

Waaaah, boo hoo! I can't drag and drop! Dumbass. Looks like your Macs aren't perfect after all, which leads me to my second point:

2. Fuck you.

I don't know why Mac users get so defensive when you call them idiots. I mean, Apple is a company that has built its entire user base around the fact that its users can't do simple things like turn their computers on. Hell, most Mac users can't even talk without using their hands, which ranks their intelligence somewhere between a simian and hog shit:

Stupid user base aside, I will never own a Mac. It's not so much that I'm a PC loyalist. I'm not. It's that I'm not stylish enough to own one. Most iPod commercials feature guys with long hair, chicks roller skating, and guys wearing fedoras. I have dandruff, and I buy most of my jeans from a grocery store. I feel like in order to have a Mac, I need to be:

# An artist.
    # In a band.
    # Unemployed (see above).

After the recent Apple conference, Mac fans were elated. One person was quoted as saying "I've had a Macintosh now for a total of 35 days, and I'm really excited to be part of the Mac community." Part of the Mac community? It's a computer, not a social movement, asshole! I feel like Apple is not just selling computers, they're selling a way of life, and I'm not ready to be that heavily invested in a product. I think this parody helps illustrate Apple's unspoken message:

iTunes is the new Real Player:

Back in the late 90s, everyone used Real Player. Then those cocks at Real Network got greedy, and tried to get their application to take over your entire PC, and people stopped using it. Same thing is happening with Quicktime now. You can't install Quicktime anymore unless you download bullshit iTunes. This section was supposed to be longer, but I couldn't even install iTunes so I could bitch about it. Not that I could have used it for what I wanted to anyway:

From the actual iTunes End User License Agreement.

"You will also agree that you will not use these products for the development, design, manufacture, or production of missiles, or nuclear, chemical, or biological weapons."

If I want to manufacture biological weapons with my copy of iTunes, I will, fascists. Ditch this bullshit.

3,920,529 Mac fans switched back over to Windows, even though Windows is just as shitty.

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net ... =macs_cant
    Well you did a nice just proving your point...

I own 2 macs and an ipod, but don't feel the need to rant about which is better...just content in knowing that I am happy with my choice. However, Apple's customer service is far superior than most companies, I had to have a wireless mouse replaced and it arrived the next day, and yes things on macs break, but because of the customer service I have received I am now a loyal customer. So I guess I did rant a little, but mostly about customer service.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Paying that extra amount of money is worth it to me. Call me a mac fan boy or whatever you want, but I totally disagree. I think macs are amazing. they have their flaws, and ill admit my computer sometimes bugs me a little bit, but nowhere near as a windows pc.

lol yea.. but since then I've bought an ipod touch ($300) and an apple keyboard with my money, and a new mouse and webcam, but they arent apple. That was kind of hypocritical.

you keep trying to pull fast ones like that and one day you could be president, haha. im just messing.....though i found the anti-mac rant funny. most people ive met that use mac arent the apple commerical stereo-type. so mac users are ok in my book, just not that douche on tv.
  • milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
    I feel left out.
    I still listen to my Walkman...I'm waiting for a call from the Smithsonian.
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    you keep trying to pull fast ones like that and one day you could be president, haha. im just messing.....though i found the anti-mac rant funny. most people ive met that use mac arent the apple commerical stereo-type. so mac users are ok in my book, just not that douche on tv.

Yea, I dunno. I dont see why people make a big fuss over a computer company. the only reason why I backed up macs in the first place was because I thought it was hilarious how pissed off that guy got over a computer brand. I personally like those mac ads, because as "douchey" as that guy is, he's actually trying to be friends with the PC, but the stubborn PC isn't budging. Anyway, whatever who cares. the Cardinals lost, wtf. they deserved a win.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Thorns2010Thorns2010 Posts: 2,200
    I don't have either, so I don't really have much to add, aside from this.

Am I the only one who realized that Fanch's 'rant' was taken from a website?? And that he didn't compose it??
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    know1 wrote:
    Pretty much everything is better than an iPod.
    I only own a shuffle, I've used an iPod, and don't don't get what you'd find wrong with one.

They are simple, straight forward and easy to use. Whats the problem?

Being forced to use iTunes.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Thorns2010 wrote:

Am I the only one who realized that Fanch's 'rant' was taken from a website?? And that he didn't compose it??
    i said that a page back, but the ipod owners just like to stay off topic and talk about their computers
  • fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    and their vinyl collections and their Vampire Weekend recycling kit. Being advanced-level white persons and all.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Thorns2010 wrote:

i said that a page back, but the ipod owners just like to stay off topic and talk about their computers
    If Fanch would have just posted the following, then no one would have been confused ;)

It is surprising that it took all the way to #40 to call out Apple products. Initially, we were planning for an entire week on Apple products, but that would just be over kill.

Plain and simple, white people don’t just like Apple, they love and need Apple to operate.

On the surface, you would ask yourself, how is that white people love a multi-billion dollar company with manufacturing plants in China, mass production, and that contributes to global pollution through the manufacture of consumer electronic devices?

Simple answer: Apple products tell the world you are creative and unique. They are an exclusive product line only used by every white college student, designer, writer, English teacher, and hipster on the planet.

You see, a long time ago Apple’s were super popular among layout artists and graphic designers. Then Apple released Final Cut Pro and became the standard for film editors. As a result, lots of creative industries used Apple computers instead of PCs. Eventually, people started making the connection, and all of a sudden all white people need to have a Mac.

When you ask white people about Mac’s they will say “oh, it’s so much better than Windows,” “it’s just easier to use,” “they are so cutting edge,” and so forth. What’s amazing is that white people NEED to meet people who use Windows to justify themselves spending an extra $500 for a pretty looking machine.

It is also important that white people are reminded of their creativity, and remember you need a Mac to creatively check email, creatively check websites, and creatively watch DVDs on planes.

White people also need iPods, iPhones, Apple TV, AirPort Express stations, and anything else that Apple will produce. Because you need to express your uniqueness by purchasing everything that a publicly traded company produces.

Apple products also come with stickers. Some people put them on their computer, some people put them on windows, but to take it to the pinnacle of whiteness, you need to put the Apple sticker in the rear window of your Prius, Jetta, BMW, Subaru 4WD Station Wagon or Audi. You then need to drive to a local coffee shop (Starbucks will do in a pinch) and set up your apple for the world to see. Thankfully, the Apple logo on the back will light up! So even in a dark place, people can see how unique and creative you (and the five other people doing the exact same thing) truly are!

Knowledge of Apple products can be useful in a number of social situations. If you see a white person with a Mac, an easy way to approach them is to say “Is that a Powerbook? What OS do you have?” They will happily start talking to you, after the requisite five minutes, you can invite them to an 80s night.
    NERDS!
    That blog just cuts right to the bone! Love it
  • this thread is full of lulz. like i said i have nothing against mac users, but its so funny to pick on the rich-white-college kid.

one thing is love'em or hate'em you have to give credit to apple's marketing crew. they must be the same masterminds that came up with selling bottled water or atleast the younger sibling of the 1$+ for water genius.

also another thing that gets overlooked and should be credited to apple is mac's os is installed in apple computers. windows gets installed in every other brand of computer. micorsoft doesnt get to design a os based around a few selected components that they decided on.

ive had some bad computers, once had a compaq that the harddrive failed 3 times in the short warranty period, after that bestbuy just gave us a new computer cause that was the deal. they kept having to install factory(aka what compaq picks) harddrives. this wasnt windows fault compaq made a shotty product. windows ran well enough on the computer though. so i dont blame microsoft. thats a distinction you never see get made when talks of windows vs pc comes up. was it really windows fault or the computer's brand fault? like i said apple deserves credit for keeping it all in house, but in that sense if mac was as big as microsoft you'd be faced with a monster monoply. atleast now i can buy tons of different brands of pc, or buy the parts i want and build what i want.

so how many different types of computers does mac run one? just the few that apple makes? dell themselves probably has a product line as big as mac. and they arent the only company that makes pcs to run windows.....
  • i *heart* my ipod...big time! is it better than a zune? i have no idea. i've only owned ipods. hubby got one for himself many years ago - how he came to the decision of ipod and not something else...dunno.....but he loved it, and it grew from there. since he already had one i got one when i was going to study abroad......then at my former job i won a few ipods....an ipod shuffle, a 30 gig i think, that i never used and sold on ebay for more $$$ than what i spent to buy the 80 gig i currently own. :D i have zero desire for radio access - i hate most radio...and we own a few, hubby has his original 20 gig, a nano and an itouch....uses each for different things, i use my 80 gig exclusively, my original ipod did die...and i use the shuffle when i just want a couple tunes, and nothing really to carry. they are all awesome. oh, and we are PC users. i DID want a mac when we got our first computer b/c i was in art school, but hubby really wanted a PC, and so that's how we went, and at this point, have no reason to switch. we're happy.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    My ipod would never do this:

http://reddevnews.com/devscope/article. ... alsid=1231

"On Wednesday, Dec. 31, 2008, Microsoft Zune owners across the world powered up their music players and watched their startup routines grind to a halt. Their Zunes were completely inoperable and would remain that way until New Year's Day..."
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    DeLukin wrote:
    My ipod would never do this:

http://reddevnews.com/devscope/article. ... alsid=1231

"On Wednesday, Dec. 31, 2008, Microsoft Zune owners across the world powered up their music players and watched their startup routines grind to a halt. Their Zunes were completely inoperable and would remain that way until New Year's Day..."

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    i DID want a mac when we got our first computer b/c i was in art school

Mac owners are typically 1) artists 2) unemployed or 3) in a band. Were you #2 or #3? Did you ever consider taking up playing the Aboriginal didgeridoo? The djembe drum (played traditionally, of course)? Did you ever listen to Coldplay, imagining it to be the lush soundtrack to a movie about your life story as you stared out the window of an airplane?
  • fanch75 wrote:
    i DID want a mac when we got our first computer b/c i was in art school

Mac owners are typically 1) artists 2) unemployed or 3) in a band. Were you #2 or #3? Did you ever consider taking up playing the Aboriginal didgeridoo? The djembe drum (played traditionally, of course)? Did you ever listen to Coldplay, imagining it to be the lush soundtrack to a movie about your life story as you stared out the window of an airplane?

yes, i saw your orignal post fanch. ;)
    and no i was not 2 or 3.....although my husband has always been 3....and yet he did not want a mac, so go figure? :P i think artists, and musicians, usually prefer macs b/c more/better software has been developed for mac than PC. i know while i was studying adobe, i could do 'more' with the program on the mac at school than i could do on the same program designed for my PC at home. i managed tho. so the preference for such equipment amongst those in the visual/musical/film arts, does make sense. however, our Pc serves us both just fine - but i still love my ipod. :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

That's cool. I loved my iPod too....until I lost the damn thing by leaving it in a hotel room. Stupid.
  • i think if ed had a zune, more people here would be inclined to go out and get one.
  • i think if ed had a zune, more people here would be inclined to go out and get one.

why, do we know he has an ipod??? :?:
    not saying what you suggest isn't possible, b/c it probably is.....but that is just sad, sad and sad. :P i personally cannot see being influenced in purchases or politics by a celebrity.

btw - we've looked at zunes, just to look, b/c they are there.....my husband does not like how they look. perhaps their functionality is superior, again...wouldn't know, never owned one. i think people tend to stick with things they know and work for them, even if perhaps 'something better' is out there. we love our ipods, love thier looks, their size, their functionality. you love your zune. everyone is happy, cool! 8-)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• I like my iriver clix better then my wifes ipod.
    I dont know nuthin bout no Zune
  • I like my iriver clix better then my wifes ipod.
    I dont know nuthin bout no Zune

I agree, iRiver make the best mp3 players
    26/02/1998 Wellington, 09/09/2006 Marseille, 16/09/2006 Verona
    23/09/2006 Berlin, 30/09/2006 Athens, 18/07/2007 London
    02/07/2009 Honolulu (EV Solo), 22/11/2009, Sydney, 29/11/2009 Christchurch
  • NOTHING is better than my ipod.

I've had it for one week and i'm in love with it. :oops:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.

i am also in love with mine... where ever I go it goes... I can't function without it, it's quite sad.
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"

i am also in love with mine... where ever I go it goes... I can't function without it, it's quite sad.

It's not at all!! :D

I didn't understand what it was like to have one until I put music on it... it's like an extension of me :shock: :oops:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Awesome IAM on board my ipod gave me a message that said F you ahole and melted on me...Iam buying one next month thanks HOMER steeler fan

It's not at all!! :D

I didn't understand what it was like to have one until I put music on it... it's like an extension of me :shock: :oops:
    ^^^^^^that's the perfect way to say it!
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"