The NEW Football/Soccer Thread

Comments

• jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    Man U go top again :mrgreen:

Ryan Giggs walks on water
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    dunkman wrote:
    3rd best footie chant of all time is directed at Bellamy.

"whats it like to have no neck... whats it like to have no neck... you couldnt score with a putter, score with ahhh putter"

What are the first two?

my favourite one of all time is

After it was reported in the press that Goram had a mild form of schizophrenia, fans responded with a chorus of "Two Andy Gorams, there's only two Andy Gorams".[4] This chant quickly gained popularity, and became the title of a book documenting humorous football chants.

2nd one, for me at least, is

Neville Neville, you play in defence,
    Neville Neville, your play is immense,
    Neville Neville, like Jacko you're bad,
    Neville Neville is the name of your dad.

Gary Neville's dad is actually called Neville Neville... :D
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    jamie uk wrote:
    Man U go top again :mrgreen:

Ryan Giggs walks on water

how utterly mundane it must be to be a Man Ure fan.

;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    Zola for Chelsea! Zola for Chelsea! Zola for Chelsea!

If I think it hard enough, I might be able to make it happen. At least, I'll become so deluded that I can create my own alternate EPL universe where it actually happened.
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
    Hinn wrote:

If I think it hard enough, I might be able to make it happen. At least, I'll become so deluded that I can create my own alternate EPL universe where it actually happened.

I want the Special One back! :twisted:
    dunkman wrote:
    Hinn wrote:

I want the Special One back! :twisted:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TOh3WlXJg0
  • JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,261
    De Jong signing for City is fucking HUGE. he a player who consistently delivers and lives up to his hype ( not like say his Dutch teammates, Van Der Vaart or Sneijder) .

Shay Given is the best signing Man City will make over the next few years. He's the reason Newcastle werent relegated for years running now. Fucking EPIC goalie.

Marc-Antoine Fortune will grab a bagload of goals for West Brom but theyll still get relegated.
    Given was phenomenal at the weekend....
  • strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    JordyWordy wrote:

Shay Given is the best signing Man City will make over the next few years. He's the reason Newcastle werent relegated for years running now. Fucking EPIC goalie.

Amen - he is a legend and I wish him all the luck in the world!

Not that I wish any harm to JFK at all - but a coincidence the first time we win in ages is when he's away from the game??

Lovenkrands - looks like a really good signing too. We still need all the luck we can get though!
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
    strummers wrote:
    Amen - he is a legend and I wish him all the luck in the world!

Not that I wish any harm to JFK at all - but a coincidence the first time we win in ages is when he's away from the game??

Lovenkrands - looks like a really good signing too. We still need all the luck we can get though!

Lovenkrands looks good alright, and he was free. even better!
    he was good at Rangers.... very fast.
  • Beasley played awesome last night for the U.S.

Anyone know a good website for purchasing jersey's?
    rg243715 wrote:
    Beasley played awesome last night for the U.S.

not a US based website amigo... don't amazon do them?

sorry, don't know about the US

Ireland did well... both NI and Rep
  • rg243715 wrote:
    Beasley played awesome last night for the U.S.

try onionbag.com Have bought from them before with no problems.

BTW if you live anywhere near North Bergen NJ just visit the store
    "Whoever, when he dies, leaves on paper a beautiful line of poetry has left the heavens richer and the earth too.”
    F. PESSOA
  • http://www.worldsoccershop.com/924666-sc.html

Just got a email from them and they have some good prices. The link shows Manchester United but many other teams also have great prices.
    "Whoever, when he dies, leaves on paper a beautiful line of poetry has left the heavens richer and the earth too.”
    F. PESSOA
  • KeiranKeiran Posts: 393
    I can't believe Newcastle is on the verge of relegation.

OK, they've played like shit and the management should be drawn and quartered, but still . . .

Waaaaaahhhhhh

oops sorry for the thread necro!
    I wish a guy like Eddie, would like me.
    they should go down, and hopefully only for one season. theyve been run (at board level) by a group of monkees with too much money, for many many years now. despite the squad they have had for the last few years, theyve added NOTHING exciting to the premiership.

West Ham bounced back all the better for the relegation. Let's hope Newcastle do the same....instead of disappearing like from Premiership/high-end Championship levels like....Charlton, Norwich, MK Dons, Southampton, Watford, Bradford, Ipswich, Nottingham Forest, Sheffield Wednesday, Barnsley....(need I go on?)

anyways, all round....teams of the season = Everton, Fulham, Stoke and Man Utd.
    Fuck Utd.

That's all.
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    MAN UTD CHAMPIONS!!!

BRING ON BARCA!!!

:mrgreen:
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • rrpj1979rrpj1979 Posts: 36
    WOW...PJ and soccer...my two favourite things in the world...actually I'm missing one.
    Is this site rated "R"?
  • South of SeattleSouth of Seattle Posts: 10,724
    Kaka to Real Madrid for a $90 million transfer fee :shock: :shock: :shock:
    NERDS!
    Kaka to Real Madrid for a $90 million transfer fee :shock: :shock: :shock:

i know... I think Real will still buy more this summer... although they will also get rid of 4 or 5 players i reckon.

still.. its a shitload of money! top player though.
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    MAN UTD CHAMPIONS!!!

BRING ON BARCA!!!

:mrgreen:

:oops:
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    JordyWordy wrote:
    they should go down, and hopefully only for one season. theyve been run (at board level) by a group of monkees with too much money, for many many years now. despite the squad they have had for the last few years, theyve added NOTHING exciting to the premiership.

You're right, ever since they sacked Bobby the boards' decisions have been atrocious.

Unfortunately with Ashley wanting to sell I don't think it's looking good at all. Rumour has it Freddie Shepherd is wanting back in and all the idiots seem to have forgotten the mess he made of it first time round and are hailing him as the new saviour. :roll:

Please don't let us do a Leeds!! pray.gif
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
    strummers wrote:
    You're right, ever since they sacked Bobby the boards' decisions have been atrocious.

Unfortunately with Ashley wanting to sell I don't think it's looking good at all. Rumour has it Freddie Shepherd is wanting back in and all the idiots seem to have forgotten the mess he made of it first time round and are hailing him as the new saviour. :roll:

Totally. It will be interesting to see if they get the £114m that theyre looking for the club. 70% of their revenue went on player wages, thats about 25% higher than the other premiership teams! mental stuff. Dennis Wise & that Lambias fella should be hung in public for their blind stupid decisions too.

Leeds, Southampton, Coventry, Sheff Wed, Forest, Derby, Charlton....theres a few of them who hit the wall alright. Would be a shame to see it.

At least there's something positive in the seeing small, well structured clubs like Wigan, Burnley and Stoke coming up and making an impact. Burnley beat 4 premiership teams in cup competitions this year, im putting a wee bet on them staying in the league....
    JordyWordy wrote:
    strummers wrote:

Totally. It will be interesting to see if they get the £114m that theyre looking for the club. 70% of their revenue went on player wages, thats about 25% higher than the other premiership teams! mental stuff. Dennis Wise & that Lambias fella should be hung in public for their blind stupid decisions too.

Leeds, Southampton, Coventry, Sheff Wed, Forest, Derby, Charlton....theres a few of them who hit the wall alright. Would be a shame to see it.

At least there's something positive in the seeing small, well structured clubs like Wigan, Burnley and Stoke coming up and making an impact. Burnley beat 4 premiership teams in cup competitions this year, im putting a wee bet on them staying in the league....

ahem... the mighty Forest didnt hit the wall cos of shitty finances a la Leeds, Charlton, Soton, etc... the mighty Forest went down 2 divisions because of shitness... that and the might Clough was 5-6 years past his best.

Wigan are not a well structured club.. Dave Whelan has pumped many millions into that club... without him they wouldnt have that lovely stadium and they wouldnt afford their own wage bill... the only get 20k crowds and have a small fanbase for commercial stuff.

other than that you are spot on ;)
  • Australia have qualified for the World Cup!! Fuck yeah!
    dunkman wrote:
    ahem... the mighty Forest didnt hit the wall cos of shitty finances a la Leeds, Charlton, Soton, etc... the mighty Forest went down 2 divisions because of shitness... that and the might Clough was 5-6 years past his best.

Wigan are not a well structured club.. Dave Whelan has pumped many millions into that club... without him they wouldnt have that lovely stadium and they wouldnt afford their own wage bill... the only get 20k crowds and have a small fanbase for commercial stuff.

other than that you are spot on ;)

Fair point about Forest there, they were atrocious!!

I guess Whelan paid for it all...but either way, they played like a unit under Jewell, and stayed up against the odds. Nothing wrong with having a good owner/chairman. Whelan may have thrown money at the club, but he got value for money with Jewell & Bruce, and their signings.

I was just contrasting them with the clubs that come up and are clearly out of their depths - Derby, Sunderland in 05 (roughly?), Watford, West Brom, Barnsley, etc.

and while Forest were shite, we'll always have those memories of Pierre Van Hooijdonk banging in freekicks & going AWOL like it was nobodys business. what a hero 8-)
    Australia have qualified for the World Cup!! Fuck yeah!

congrats... or as they say in Oz... congratso
  • South of SeattleSouth of Seattle Posts: 10,724
    dunkman wrote:
    Australia have qualified for the World Cup!! Fuck yeah!

congrats... or as they say in Oz... congratso

Or as Las Vegas would say . . . 1,000,000-1 odds of getting out of the 1st round of group play. ;)
    NERDS!