The NEW Football/Soccer Thread

eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
edited February 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
not a big follower of the sport (no telly, maybe that's why), but I was asked to do this. ;)

and the following statement was given to me to bring forward:

ladygooddiva is crying because De Jong is leaving HSV for 20,5 million.

my work here is done, I leave this thread for you footie (soccer) followers

med_parks_ball_250x220.jpg
"Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    Ah, the beautiful game.
    Cheers for the thread Emmi....but who, what, where?...DeJong?
    All I know is the mighty Red Devils are on top of the Premier League for the first time this season :D still a long way to go, but now the Liverpool lads know what I meant when I told them not to get excited about being top in October!!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    jamie uk wrote:
    Ah, the beautiful game.
    All I know is the mighty Red Devils are on top of the Premier League for the first time this season :D still a long way to go, but now the Liverpool lads know what I meant when I told them not to get excited about being top in October!!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

I'm just the messenger so don't who-what-where-DeJong me. 8-)
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    jamie uk wrote:
    Ah, the beautiful game.
    About time too. Liverpool need to be put back in there place. And that place is 4th or 5th.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • Time for the Gunners to figure it out. What are they, in 5th place now?
    NERDS!
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    Yeah I think that's right. I can't see them lifting much higher to be honest. They just don't have that little bit extra needed to be champions. They do play some beautiful football though. They have a great passing game going on. Still lacking somewhat though.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    Guys, can we start spreading rumours about my mad skillz so some stupid but ridiculously rich Middle Eastern oil men will sign me up to a £15m-a-year salary?
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
  • KeiranKeiran Posts: 393
    Hey eMMI - I'm a huge Kimi Raikkonen fan - liked him much better with McLaren than the big red horse tho!

Sorry for the F1 reference, but I saw eMMi is from Finland.

Football - well thank gawd the Toon Army appears to have escaped relegation this year. What a disaster that club is! My poor hubby loves Newcastle and is gutted over the whole situation.

I too am glad to see Liverpool in 2nd. I sort of like Everton myself and at least they are on the top half of the table.
    I wish a guy like Eddie, would like me.
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    roma! roma! roma!
    ...and Liverpool miss the chance to go back top :D
    Come on scousers...don't make it too easy for the mighty red devils :mrgreen:
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    roma! roma! roma!

thats my italian team

forza roma!!!!
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    dunkman wrote:
    roma! roma! roma!

thats my italian team

forza roma!!!!

oh, I hate them !
    Fascists.
    Hahaha..I just heard Man City chairman on the news, re the failed (ludicrous) attempt to sign Kaka. He said "Milan bottled it...."
    Who the hell is he to criticise AC milan ? One of Europes oldest, most decorated, respected and revered clubs.
    It's like I win the lottery tomorrow and next week try and get a meeting with Bill Gates, and when he declines, I criticise his business credentials.
    Man City......fuck me, the mind boggles!!!!! :|
    jamie uk wrote:
    dunkman wrote:
    roma! roma! roma!

thats my italian team

forza roma!!!!

oh, I hate them !
    Fascists.

i thought Lazio were the fascist team?
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    jamie uk wrote:
    Hahaha..I just heard Man City chairman on the news, re the failed (ludicrous) attempt to sign Kaka. He said "Milan bottled it...."
    Who the hell is he to criticise AC milan ? One of Europes oldest, most decorated, respected and revered clubs.
    It's like I win the lottery tomorrow and next week try and get a meeting with Bill Gates, and when he declines, I criticise his business credentials.

i heard Robinho has walked out of the Tenerife training camp.

Hughes wont be there next season... they need a big hitter and i think Mourinho will come in and bring his clout to transfers.

i think going for Kaka was insane, for that money, but also morally... they should be buying good/v.good players.... not World Class... build a team and take 2 to 3 years to gel it... not excpect 3 or4 superstars in a team of tedium to bring you the success... just look at the failed Galactico experience.
    dunkman wrote:
    jamie uk wrote:

Hughes wont be there next season... they need a big hitter and i think Mourinho will come in and bring his clout to transfers.

i think going for Kaka was insane, for that money, but also morally... they should be buying good/v.good players.... not World Class... build a team and take 2 to 3 years to gel it... not excpect 3 or4 superstars in a team of tedium to bring you the success... just look at the failed Galactico experience.

I saw renowned football journalist Paul Macarthy on Sky Sports news earlier....I think he read my post here about the Man City chairman ;) what an effing cheek.....criticising AC Milan, he goes ..."maybe, just maybe, Kaka didn't actually WANT to play for Man City.....and they have to suck it up"
    At the moment they look like a train wreck about to happen, a rich kids party threatening to get nasty and out of control. They need some class in the boardroom and the dressing room, I agree Mourinho would be the man for the job, but he's not about to walk out on Inter...he's building something good there. maybe 18 months or so down the line, until then they should build quietly and keep their trap shut.
    jamie uk wrote:
    dunkman wrote:
    jamie uk wrote:

I saw renowned football journalist Paul Macarthy on Sky Sports news earlier....I think he read my post here about the Man City chairman ;) what an effing cheek.....criticising AC Milan, he goes ..."maybe, just maybe, Kaka didn't actually WANT to play for Man City.....and they have to suck it up"
    At the moment they look like a train wreck about to happen, a rich kids party threatening to get nasty and out of control. They need some class in the boardroom and the dressing room, I agree Mourinho would be the man for the job, but he's not about to walk out on Inter...he's building something good there. maybe 18 months or so down the line, until then they should build quietly and keep their trap shut.

yep.. they should build a team. not make themselves a laughing stock... oh wait! they already bought Bellamy .. too late :mrgreen:
    At the moment they look like a train wreck about to happen, a rich kids party threatening to get nasty and out of control. They need some class in the boardroom and the dressing room, I agree Mourinho would be the man for the job, but he's not about to walk out on Inter...he's building something good there. maybe 18 months or so down the line, until then they should build quietly and keep their trap shut.[/quote]

yep.. they should build a team. not make themselves a laughing stock... oh wait! they already bought Bellamy .. too late :mrgreen:[/quote]

haha, well a more realistic proposition for them than Kaka ever was at this moment, but still.....£14M !!! Bit much by about £10M I'd say, that's what they face now everytime they go for someone, the price will just rocket.
    Bellamy is a tosser btw, Welsh or not, he's a nasty little man with a big chip on his shoulder, if there's one good thing Joey Barton could ever do with his problem, it would be to smack Bellamy in the gob during a live on TV game :D I'd like to see that :twisted:
    3rd best footie chant of all time is directed at Bellamy.

"whats it like to have no neck... whats it like to have no neck... you couldnt score with a putter, score with ahhh putter"
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    dunkman wrote:

"whats it like to have no neck... whats it like to have no neck... you couldnt score with a putter, score with ahhh putter"

What are the first two?
    GoiMTvP.gif
    dunkman wrote:

What are the first two?

6th best was Hereford United fans chanting at a long haired Darren Peacock, then playing for QPR.......to the tune of 'where's your mamma gone, where's your mamma gone?'..

"Where's your caravan, where's your caravan?"
    Lurative replay at the Arsenal for Cardiff City :D
    and...another extra game for Liverpool :mrgreen: wooohooo.... :mrgreen:
    And, easy draw in the nest round for the mighty red devils ;)
    all in all, round 4 of the FA cup was a good round :D
  • Manchester Utd
    Celtic
    Lazio
    Borusia Dortmund
    Real Madrid
    Hajduk Split

My teams!
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Build a bonfire, build a bonfire
    Put the scousers on the top.
    Put the city in the middle
    And burn the f*ckin lot...

While it's not over things are looking good for Man United

Champions of England!
    Champions of Europe!
    Champions of the World!
    "Whoever, when he dies, leaves on paper a beautiful line of poetry has left the heavens richer and the earth too.”
    F. PESSOA
    Just wanna remind everyone that I called the Robbie Keane fiasco the day it went through.
    He was never the class Liverpool needed, and £20M was a joke!

Shame he didn't stay :mrgreen:

Man U march on 8-)
  • jamie uk wrote:
    Just wanna remind everyone that I called the Robbie Keane fiasco the day it went through.
    He was never the class Liverpool needed, and £20M was a joke!

Shame he didn't stay :mrgreen:

Man U march on 8-)

That is what a joke of a team do but I bet they wished they had him yesterday. :lol:
    "Whoever, when he dies, leaves on paper a beautiful line of poetry has left the heavens richer and the earth too.”
    F. PESSOA
    Anyone notice just how shit Liverpool are this season?
    It's because they lucked half a dozen wins that they're even in the top 8.
    Hopefully Gerrards hamstring will keep him out for 3 weeks or so, and even their arrogant, blinkered fans will realise how crap they are.
    Maybe then they will fire the fat Spanish waiter who's picking the team.....actually no, let him stay :mrgreen:
  • strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    Anyone not realised how shit we are this season (Newcastle)??

It's so frustrating being a toon fan at the moment (well since Bobby got kicked out really)!! :cry:
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
    strummers wrote:

It's so frustrating being a toon fan at the moment (well since Bobby got kicked out really)!! :cry:

It's a tough time for you guys, even Shay put the boot in today :o
    Tho, he was at pains to point out he wasn't including the fans in his side swipe.
  • strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    jamie uk wrote:
    strummers wrote:

It's a tough time for you guys, even Shay put the boot in today :o
    Tho, he was at pains to point out he wasn't including the fans in his side swipe.

Yeah, don't blame Shay one bit - he's been with us for so long and he deserves better.

There's a bit of a conspiracy theory going round that Ashley wants us relegated in order to then make money selling off the players with higher price tags. Can't see it being true though, as the money we'd lose just going down would surely negate any profits from sales of players.

He needs to spend money (and on the right players - Jesus Stephen Appiah still hasn't been signed up, he'd be great for us). Enough with trying to sign a load of midfielders too (although I know I| just mentioned Appiah - but he's free and damn good!) - we need strength at the back and up front too. I could go on and on! The thing is, how come it's so obvious looking at it from the outside, but no-one actually in there seems 'get it'??

Rant over - for now.
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • He's cracking up, he's cracking up, he's cracking, Rafa's cracking up!

That is all I have to say, for now.
    amongstthewav.es
    2006 - Leeds Festival
    2007 - London
    2009 - Manchester / London
    2010 - Berlin
    2012 - Manchester I / Manchester II / EV Manchester