New York Giants Official Thread

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    ouch

and dopey eagles fans actually got excited about beating this team last week.

the nfc east is horrible.
    www.myspace.com
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    go packers
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,794
    Eli at 75% pass comp. Although you can say the Saints aren't playing hard at this point. But no matter what 20-20 is good.
    I miss igotid88
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    igotid88 wrote:
    Eli at 75% pass comp. Although you can say the Saints aren't playing hard at this point. But no matter what 20-20 is good.
    His percentage could've been higher.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    come on eli!

keep the streak alive and get me one more meaningless touchdown!!! :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    I would just go deep passes from here on out
    I miss igotid88
    god damn it.
    www.myspace.com
    These commentators are tools.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    Newch91 wrote:

they really have nothing to talk about
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    Newch91 wrote:

You must not watch much MNF if you're just now realizing that. Gruden and Jaws have the combined IQ of a shit pile.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
    Newch91 wrote:

You must not watch much MNF if you're just now realizing that. Gruden and Jaws have the combined IQ of a shit pile.
    I don't. This is the only time I ever watch MNF.
    Newch91 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

Well, as you can see you aren't missing much. Even really good games are ruined by listening to Gruden and Jaws. This isn't a really good game (unless you're a Saints fan) so their stupidity is like salt on the wound.
    Newch91 wrote:

Well, as you can see you aren't missing much. Even really good games are ruined by listening to Gruden and Jaws. This isn't a really good game (unless you're a Saints fan) so their stupidity is like salt on the wound.

jaworski knows more about the game of football than most other analysts put together. i can see how some would say he comes across as a tool but call him stupid is just ridiculous. ever watch the match up show?
    www.myspace.com
    jaworski knows more about the game of football than most other analysts put together. i can see how some would say he comes across as a tool but call him stupid is just ridiculous. ever watch the match up show?

I know he knows his football. I'm sure Gruden does too as he's a Super Bowl champion coach. I called them stupid, not ignorant about football. Jaws is good when he's just talking football, like guest spots on PTI or something, but as a commentator both he and Gruden act stupid.

I know he knows his football. I'm sure Gruden does too as he's a Super Bowl champion coach. I called them stupid, not ignorant about football. Jaws is good when he's just talking football, like guest spots on PTI or something, but as a commentator both he and Gruden act stupid.

their job is to comment... on football. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    I'm afraid to watch Sunday's game.

There is more to being the color commentator on MNF than just saying what you know about football. Tony Kornheiser knows football, does a good job talking about it on PTI, but when they put him on MNF he was a trainwreck.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    what to make me sweat out my last fantasy game....45 point lead going in...he had hakeem and jermaine...i won by 5 :D
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    what to make me sweat out my last fantasy game....45 point lead going in...he had hakeem and jermaine...i won by 5 :D
    Same here with me but I won by 3

There is more to being the color commentator on MNF than just saying what you know about football. Tony Kornheiser knows football, does a good job talking about it on PTI, but when they put him on MNF he was a trainwreck.

really? i don't think kornheiser really understands the x's and o's. his job was to provide humor and a different perspective. but people want to hear about football when they watch a football game. not that other nonsense that espn tried bringing to the telecast a few years ago. that is why he was a trainwreck.

what do you want your commentators to talk about besides football? :? did you enjoy when they brought celebrities into the booth?

the problem could be the 3 man booth. always seems that the 2 analysts are always competing with each other...especially these analysts who are relatively new to the job. i really do not like mike tirico either.
    www.myspace.com
  • Lets face it.... our 2011 team is this: Eli, Jason Piere-Paul, Cruz, a gigantic softie meatball of a rb and a bunch of 6th round draft picks/practice players forced into playing time. All heartless with zero fight.
    Eli, JPP and Cruz only guys who came to play. Honorable mention to Herzlich who i really like.
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Newch91 wrote:
    I'm afraid to watch Sunday's game.

:mrgreen:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    Lets face it.... our 2011 team is this: Eli, Jason Piere-Paul, Cruz, a gigantic softie meatball of a rb and a bunch of 6th round draft picks/practice players forced into playing time. All heartless with zero fight.
    Eli, JPP and Cruz only guys who came to play. Honorable mention to Herzlich who i really like.
    You got that right. I'll throw Ballard in there, but he hasn't done much the last two weeks. Cruz is make or break for me, since he seems to drop easy, wide-open passes. But I agree with everything else you said.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,723
    Newch91 wrote:
    Lets face it.... our 2011 team is this: Eli, Jason Piere-Paul, Cruz, a gigantic softie meatball of a rb and a bunch of 6th round draft picks/practice players forced into playing time. All heartless with zero fight.
    You got that right. I'll throw Ballard in there, but he hasn't done much the last two weeks. Cruz is make or break for me, since he seems to drop easy, wide-open passes. But I agree with everything else you said.

I don't have a huge problem with the offense in general aside from the bitch running back. I hate that fuck. They could certainly play better overall and need to stop making stupid mistake but the defense just fucking blows. That may have been the worst defensive performance I have seen last night. JPP is great and playing his ass off but fuck, the rest of them are like statues.

really? i don't think kornheiser really understands the x's and o's. his job was to provide humor and a different perspective. but people want to hear about football when they watch a football game. not that other nonsense that espn tried bringing to the telecast a few years ago. that is why he was a trainwreck.

what do you want your commentators to talk about besides football? :? did you enjoy when they brought celebrities into the booth?

the problem could be the 3 man booth. always seems that the 2 analysts are always competing with each other...especially these analysts who are relatively new to the job. i really do not like mike tirico either.

What I'm saying is that being a color commentator requires more than just knowing football. If that were the case half of the country would be qualified. Even people that are good on half hour shows (Kornheiser, Jaws) have to deal with the fact they have to talk for several hours, and stay interesting/entertaining. It's more than simply knowing your football. Granted that's what they have to talk about, but just being enlightened and being able to be a good on-air personality aren't the same thing.

What I'm saying is that being a color commentator requires more than just knowing football. If that were the case half of the country would be qualified. Even people that are good on half hour shows (Kornheiser, Jaws) have to deal with the fact they have to talk for several hours, and stay interesting/entertaining. It's more than simply knowing your football. Granted that's what they have to talk about, but just being enlightened and being able to be a good on-air personality aren't the same thing.

i disagree man. i tune into a football game for football only. i want my analysts to give me insightful details about the game. football isn't leisurely like a sport like baseball where there is a lot of downtime to talk about other stuff (harry kalas and rich ashburn in philly were experts at mixing that stuff with the action on the field). in football you have the play. then you talk about the play. then you have the next play.

when you're calling a game that is pretty much over in the 3rd quarter, you're struggling to find things to talk about anyway. i don't care if it gets a little awkward at that point. i think that shits kind of funny actually. game's pretty much over. who cares at that point?

and no way half the country is qualified to talk about the sport. :lol: look at the guy i'm going back and forth with in the eagles thread for christ's sake.
    www.myspace.com
  • susannjsusannj Posts: 664
    This is a good article I came across this morning:
    http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2011 ... manni.html

Plus I read Strahan visited the facility - not sure if that will help any. I guess we'll see on Sunday. I'll be holding my breath! http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2011 ... essag.html
    -See the waves on distant shores, awaiting your arrival...

Stanhope, New Jersey 08-12-1992
    Randall's Island, New York 09-28-1996
    E. Rutherford, New Jersey 09-08-1998
    Wantagh, New York 08-24-2000
    New York, New York 07-09-2003
    E. Rutherford, New Jersey 06-03-2006
    New York, New York 05-21-2010
    Brooklyn, New York 10-19-2013
    New York, New York 05-01-2016
    New York, New York 09-11-2022
    Fewell says some NY Giants quit against Saints

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=A ... antsfewell
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 wrote:
    Fewell says some NY Giants quit against Saints

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=A ... antsfewell
    I think every Giants fan knows that Perry.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,723
    Welp, this should be interesting.