Options

New York Giants Official Thread

Comments

• Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,289
    Poncier said:

At least you're not the Dolphins.

You're close, but not quite. Gotta be #31 in this week's power rankings.

We're down our 2 top receivers. Defense is abysmal
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,830
    Poncier said:

We play the dolphins!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Poncier said:

We play the dolphins!
    Not until the 14th game unfortunately. Why couldn't we get them week 1 or 2?
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Giants not committing to Eli to start this week. Stupid.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Poncier said:

We play the dolphins!
    Why do we always open the season at Dallas?
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,219
    igotid88 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Poncier said:

We play the dolphins!

0-13 vs. 0-13?
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    igotid88 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Poncier said:

We play the dolphins!
    Why do we always open the season at Dallas?
    I know. We were supposed to have an easy schedule. The Patriots have had an easier schedule thus far
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Should the Giants consider trading for Jalen Ramsey?
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,598
    igotid88 said:
    Should the Giants consider trading for Jalen Ramsey?
    No, they are a lot further away than Ramsey from being good, so the picks are more important.
  • Options
    My son was born in 2009 and said to me on sunday, "dad why can't I just see one good year by the giants?"    poor kid lol.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    mcgruff10 said:
    My son was born in 2009 and said to me on sunday, "dad why can't I just see one good year by the giants?"    poor kid lol.
    Think of being a 20-25 year-old in Buffalo.
  • Options
    Annnnd, like that the Eli Manning era is over.
  • Options
    They're giving Jones the easy part with Tampa and Washington coming up. Now watch the defense play great
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    fifefife Posts: 3,327
    Annnnd, like that the Eli Manning era is over.
    While I agree with the move I thinks its too early to start Jones.  you are missing 3 starting WR.  I would have waited till you get atleast 1 or 2 back before starting Jones.

Anyway, Eli is a class act.  just want to show what I think is the best play in superbowl history

• Options
    Like I've said. If they were going to bench Eli this early. Especially with no receivers and an awful defense. They shouldn't have brought him back.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    Like I've said. If they were going to bench Eli this early. Especially with no receivers and an awful defense. They shouldn't have brought him back.
    But I am sure they were very honest with him. I assume no one expected it to be 2 weeks, but still...

As fife said, tough time and I hope the kid's confidence doesn't get rattled, but they had to do it, right?
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    I think the reason they brought him back beside being very loyal to him is that he can teach Jones.  kindof reminds me of what they did when they started Eli in his rookie year. 
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    But I am sure they were very honest with him. I assume no one expected it to be 2 weeks, but still...

As fife said, tough time and I hope the kid's confidence doesn't get rattled, but they had to do it, right?
    I would have waited until they were eliminated. Have at least 1 good wide receiver who can get open. These next 2 games could have been a win.

Now watch the defense play great and receivers be wide open
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    fife said:
    igotid88 said:
    I think the reason they brought him back beside being very loyal to him is that he can teach Jones.  kindof reminds me of what they did when they started Eli in his rookie year. 
    That's a little different. Warner was brought in for that year pretty much as a hired gun. Eli has been a mainstay. I know it's mostly because Eli didn't want to leave and keep on playing for the Giants. But they could've just said we're moving on and maybe get a Fitzpatrick or Josh McCown.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:

to be honest, yes they had to do it but not yet.  for me, the reason you start Jones this early is if you believe that the only reason you are losing is cause you don't have a QB. 
  • Options
    fife said:
    igotid88 said:

to be honest, yes they had to do it but not yet.  for me, the reason you start Jones this early is if you believe that the only reason you are losing is cause you don't have a QB. 
    The Giants are gonna have Jones killed out there and say bye bye to that future...
  • Options
    fife said:
    igotid88 said:

The Giants are gonna have Jones killed out there and say bye bye to that future...
    The line is a little better. The offense won't be much of a problem. The only thing is if he's going to be moving around a lot. The chances of him getting hurt are higher.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    So are they going to run more? Something they should have done before with no receivers.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    So are they going to run more? Something they should have done before with no receivers.
    You don't want to wear out Barkley either but yes, more runs, screens and slants.
  • Options
    There are some teams without a starting qb. I wonder. I know Eli said he wanted to play here his whole career. But I know he still wants to and believes he can still play.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options

• Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    mcgruff10 said:

Thanks for the post. 

I don't understand the decision. Eli has been playing well,  with guys he hasn't played with since Spring.  

But he's responsible for injuries, being suspended fir being an idiot, dropping balls, fucking up field goals & basically anything wrong. 

Good luck Jones, you weren't drafted to be the starter now but the Giants suck.  Management has sucked since Coughlin was fired. 

I am pissed,  it's just not the way Giants do things, or at least how they used to. 

Eli was pissed on.  I don't even care about this organization anymore.   They are ruining Jones's career,  he's not ready,  but at least they got Eli out of there so everything will be  great now.

Yes im pissed, don't care if your not.  You dont do your loyal QB this way . I hope they come in last.
  • Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    Did you see how many QB's are injured? Jones is being thrown to the wolves. And the line isn't that great. 

But maybe he'll be their miracle. I am seriously without a team for  the first time in my life. 
  • Options
    njnancy said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Thanks for the post. 

I don't understand the decision. Eli has been playing well,  with guys he hasn't played with since Spring.  

But he's responsible for injuries, being suspended fir being an idiot, dropping balls, fucking up field goals & basically anything wrong. 

Good luck Jones, you weren't drafted to be the starter now but the Giants suck.  Management has sucked since Coughlin was fired. 

I am pissed,  it's just not the way Giants do things, or at least how they used to. 

Eli was pissed on.  I don't even care about this organization anymore.   They are ruining Jones's career,  he's not ready,  but at least they got Eli out of there so everything will be  great now.

Yes im pissed, don't care if your not.  You dont do your loyal QB this way . I hope they come in last.
    The offensive line is a little bit better. But not on Dallas level good. But we don't have a true no. 1 receiver.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Lol the giants way of doing things has turned them into the Mets