Options

Got a Kenyon Hall Poster, Now I Want to Trade It

13»

Comments

• Options
    holy shit!! all this drama over a fucking poster? i hope no one in the band comes on here to read what a bunch of whiny bitches they have for fans.fuck,they might cancel the tour and break up.all because of a poster!!
    nice going assholes! :D:D:D

i was really bummed when i didn't score a DC or Düsseldorf but i didn't hate on those who did. grow up! your bitterness is blowing my high. :)
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,543
    I almost bought the the last time he put it up... but then he/she told me that it had been Rolled and Tubed for a potential buyer, but the sale never went thru.

I was all ready to go pick it up FLAT, and frame it, but I'm not gonna pay that kind money for a portfolio poster that just got rolled up.

PLUS he was supposed to send me high res pictures of it and NEVER did, ALSO, he said it would go back under his bed in storage if it didn't sell last time on ebay, and here it is again. Baseball sucks, but I still know that 3 strikes is an out.

i hear ya, hell i was ready to drive from Toronto to pick that poster up had i won the previous auction in order to receive it flat, so having the poster rolled just crushes the appeal IMO. in all honesty, that asking price is over-valued, despite the poster's appeal and rare status and i don't see him getting what he's asking for it,...
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    i am a targeti am a target Posts: 803
    Cosmo wrote:
    I don't see it as being about rules... more like being about selfishness.
    It falls under the same basic premise as a ticket scalper... someone who is not a fan that gets something a fan wants. And just because no cash is involved doesn't make the transaction any less creepy... like a ticket scalper taking watches or rings for tickets instead of cash... still creepy.
    Personally, I didn't want one of those posters... mainly because I didn't go to that show (and I don't really like it as art).

but isn't it obvious that it IS about some kind of "rule" for the people around here? everyone complaining about not getting one and talking shit on those who got one to trade. if you want one bad enough you'll do what you have to do to get it. same as people who buy from scalpers. if you trade your watch or ring or pay cash that is YOUR choice. if you want to go bad enough you'll find a way in.

as far as posters go (or anything else rare). simply because something is rare doesn't mean it's valuable. people place artifical value on items that are rare. is this poster really worth the hundreds of dollars that people are paying for it? only to those who really want it. the billions of other people in the world who aren't pearl jam fans don't give a flying fuck about this poster. we're talking a very small segment of the population who have interest in this and unfortunately when that is the case it's easy to take advantage of the market.

the sense of entitlement around here is on par with that of an eight year old spoiled brat.

i got lucky. i got one. i wasn't at the show. i think it's an alright poster to be honest.

maybe i'll record myself cutting it into tiny little pieces and post it on youtube just to spite some of you. or better yet i'll let my sister's dog shred it to bits. watch him eat it and then sell the poop on ebay. it'll be one of a kind!! worth hundreds if not thousands! how many piles of dog poop with eddie vedder posters are there in the world?!
  • Options
    McJuicyMcJuicy Posts: 747
    haha
    buf dtw buf sce yyz tol grr yhm yyz pit yyz yyz pit bna cae aus lax lax san phl phl cle buf mke mke atl pit buf clt san lax lax gsp cae bna sea sea
  • Options
    people are just getting upset cause they wanted it to flip.

i didn't get one either. and i was going to trade one if i did.

That kind of assinine statement tells me that despite your post count you don't know the first damn thing about most of us.
    I have never EVER EVER EVER flipped a poster or tickets or anything...and don't plan to start now.
    I wanted this poster to hang in my house...the show was on my birthday. I don't think they've EVER played my birthday before as they are almost never touring in March. Its a rare keepsake that meant something to me.

That said...I'm not sitting here crying over it...I lost out to the green machine again....its not the first time...won't be the last. Its just a poster and life goes on.

BUT I agree with Cosmo 100%. I was planning to make the same comparison.

One can argue that a ticket is just a piece of paper too but yet when someone buys tix to a show with no intention of going themselves (even if its just for trade), people get upset and I don't see people calling them crybabies.
    Anyways its over and done. Congrats to all who got posters.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    Strangest TribeStrangest Tribe Posts: 2,502
    You people on both sides of this argument are just totally fucked in the head.

Chill
    the Minions
  • Options
    You people on both sides of this argument are just totally fucked in the head.

Chill

i thought arguing on the Internet was something along the lines of the Special Olympics, or words to that effect? lol ;)
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    i am a targeti am a target Posts: 803
    i'm the worst kind of arguer(?) ... i do it out of boredom.
  • Options
    Surf RiderSurf Rider Posts: 813
  • Options
    PJAMEDVED wrote:

for the record, before anyone takes offense, i merely made mention above of Strangest Tribe's previous signature quote,...

• Options
    Strangest TribeStrangest Tribe Posts: 2,502
    100 Pacer wrote:
    i thought arguing on the Internet was something along the lines of the Special Olympics, or words to that effect? lol ;)

yeah my old sig..arguing on the internet is like the special olympics, you may win the argument but you are still a retard...

then I found myself arguing a whole bunch..... so...I dropped it

Not to stray from the topic, but

are you going to Bonnaroo?
    the Minions
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    hobbes wrote:
    but isn't it obvious that it IS about some kind of "rule" for the people around here? everyone complaining about not getting one and talking shit on those who got one to trade. if you want one bad enough you'll do what you have to do to get it. same as people who buy from scalpers. if you trade your watch or ring or pay cash that is YOUR choice. if you want to go bad enough you'll find a way in.

as far as posters go (or anything else rare). simply because something is rare doesn't mean it's valuable. people place artifical value on items that are rare. is this poster really worth the hundreds of dollars that people are paying for it? only to those who really want it. the billions of other people in the world who aren't pearl jam fans don't give a flying fuck about this poster. we're talking a very small segment of the population who have interest in this and unfortunately when that is the case it's easy to take advantage of the market.

the sense of entitlement around here is on par with that of an eight year old spoiled brat.

i got lucky. i got one. i wasn't at the show. i think it's an alright poster to be honest.

maybe i'll record myself cutting it into tiny little pieces and post it on youtube just to spite some of you. or better yet i'll let my sister's dog shred it to bits. watch him eat it and then sell the poop on ebay. it'll be one of a kind!! worth hundreds if not thousands! how many piles of dog poop with eddie vedder posters are there in the world?!
    I think you are missing my point. I don't think it has anything to do with anything other than selfishness. I believe it is a selfish act to do something like this. That's all. Not right, not wrong, not breaking any rules... simply a selfish act.
    Are people overreacting? I don't know and I don't care.
    But.. let me know when you post that YouTube video... it sounds like it'll be pretty entertaining.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    wouldyouhitmewouldyouhitme Posts: 166
    Your a Douch. I'll trade you a fat dump for it.
  • Options
    MudfestMudfest Posts: 1,015
    It is times like these I look to Fat Tony for wisdom:

Bart: Uh, say, are you guys crooks?

Tony: Bart, um, is it wrong to steal a loaf of bread to feed your starving family?
    Bart: No.

Tony: Well, suppose you got a large starving family. Is it wrong to steal a truckload of bread to feed them?

Bart: Uh uh.

Tony: And, what if your family don't like bread? They like... cigarettes?

Bart: I guess that's okay.

Tony: Now, what if instead of giving them away, you sold them at a price that was practically giving them away. Would that be a crime, Bart?

Bart: Hell, no!
    ===
    "OH Canada...You are so Beautiful when you are Drunk." Eddie
    1993-08-14 Gimli Mb Motorsport Park
    03-05-30 Vanc;05-09-08 Wpg
    05-09-07 Sask Sk;05-09-04 Calg
    05-09-05 Edm Alb;05-09-02 Vanc
    06-07-02/ 03 Denver 1 + 2;06-10-21/22 Bridge 1 +2
    4/3 + 4/2/08 Vanc Vedder ; 6/24+25 MSG /Toronto 09/buffalo 10/EV Chic 1-2
  • Options
    Not to stray from the topic, but

are you going to Bonnaroo?

nope, "only" doing both MSG, Hartford and both Mansfield shows. if we ever run into each other at a PJ show i owe you a beer for all the previous "eV signature" threads that may have caused you a headache or two LOL

• Options
    Ample JarAmple Jar Posts: 236
    Your a Douch. I'll trade you a fat dump for it.
    Nice grammar!
    9/22/96, 8/17/98, 8/18/00, 6/22/03, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 7/16/06, 7/18/06
  • Options
    ZanneZanne Posts: 899
    I wanted it, I didn't get it.. I don't care if this guy got one and wants to trade it. I'm not sure how he is any more selfish than someone who buys it to keep, either way, a buyer eliminates one of a limited quantity item for someone else, if that's how you want to look at it... Silliness to think that way. Congrats to all who got in on it!

Peace
    Just me
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    emotions are very high right now??? LMAO ...its a fricking poster

exactly
  • Options
    pjcincipjcinci Posts: 223
    i would try over at the Black Red and Yellow website. those guys over at BRY are easy to deal with, most likely someone will be up for it.
  • Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    pjcinci wrote:
    those guys over at BRY are easy to deal with

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA......Sorry, I found that funny. ;)
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    Goofy08073Goofy08073 Posts: 41
    why would you want to trade this one it has so much significance behind it
    "Till there was rock you only had God"
    -David Bowie
  • Options
    100 Pacer wrote:
    you mean that $1550 starting bid and $1900 Buy-It-Now price for the one currently listed on eBay isn't appealing to you? :D

well, clearly $1550 was appealing to someone, so i should eat my words,...