Options

Got a Kenyon Hall Poster, Now I Want to Trade It

sidewalkcigarettesidewalkcigarette Posts: 23
edited May 2008 in The Porch
I was lucky enough to get a Kenyon Hall Eddie poster today. If anyone has a Rapid City/Rushmore poster from the '98 tour, I would love to trade this beauty for that beauty. I have been after that poster for almost a decade now, it was my first show. Now I finally have a poster that has equal trade value (by most estimates) to the Rapid City poster. PM me if interested.
6/24/98 Rapid City
10/12/00 Bonner Springs
4/1/03 Denver
6/13/03 Coucil Bluffs
10/5/04 St. Louis
9/4/05 Calgary
9/5/05 Edmonton
6/26/06 St. Paul
6/27/06 St. Paul
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,243
    I was lucky enough to get a Kenyon Hall Eddie poster today. If anyone has a Rapid City/Rushmore poster from the '98 tour, I would love to trade this beauty for that beauty. I have been after that poster for almost a decade now, it was my first show. Now I finally have a poster that has equal trade value (by most estimates) to the Rapid City poster. PM me if interested.

Well Im glad you got your trade bait. Hope yours arrives damaged.
  • Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,314

May rub some folks around here the wrong way to try and do a trade so quickly after people who genuinely wanted it got shut out...ALSO not the best idea to make a trade until you have the print "in hand". Just my two cents. Good luck.
  • Options

It's not like I'm flipping it on Ebay, so calm down. I'm just trying to trade one poster for another. I didn't think there was anything wrong with that?
    6/24/98 Rapid City
    10/12/00 Bonner Springs
    4/1/03 Denver
    6/13/03 Coucil Bluffs
    10/5/04 St. Louis
    9/4/05 Calgary
    9/5/05 Edmonton
    6/26/06 St. Paul
    6/27/06 St. Paul
  • Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743

Now that wasn't very nice.

I understand a lot of us are bummed out about not getting the poster.

Likewise,sidewalkcigarette, that wasn't nice of you either... to be playing with people's emotions during a time like this.

I know Accbootleggoddness would love to have one and contact her - she has a lot of things.

this poster meant a lot to her - it's her 'birthday' poster.

but it's up to you... but be nice and not playing with people's emotions when they are very high.

I'm outta here!
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Options
    sweet adelinesweet adeline Posts: 2,211
    some people may call you a douche for this.
  • Options
    wwfairfieldwwfairfield Posts: 216
    karma police, arrest this man

i hope the mail truck backs up on your poster
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585

I hope your mailman drops your tube in a puddle of water!
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    It's not like I'm flipping it on Ebay, so calm down. I'm just trying to trade one poster for another. I didn't think there was anything wrong with that?

Nothing wrong with a trade, just a lot of people wanted this to frame for themsleves. Just a little quick to throw it out there to trade. Mine is going up on the wall, between my pink and red borgatas maybe.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options

No...but emotions are very high right now.

It's not wise, but that's just my opinion.

At times like this, people will take desperate measures to take upon your offer and regret it later.

I'm sorry to be preaching but I am concerned about some people here.

Good luck on your trade.
    ~Q Magazine

• Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    IamMine wrote:
    No...but emotions are very high right now.

It's not wise, but that's just my opinion.

At times like this, people will take desperate measures to take upon your offer and regret it later.

I'm sorry to be preaching but I am concerned about some people here.

Good luck on your trade.

emotions are very high right now??? LMAO ...its a fricking poster
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:

I know. :)
    ~Q Magazine

• Options
    chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114

I think you're estimates are way off....
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • Options
    Vedderman23Vedderman23 Posts: 856
    a 98 Rushmore? for this??

put the crack pipe down and back away.
    "Fuck the talkin', let's start rocking." - E.V. 9-5-00

8/25/98, 8/21/00, 9/5/00, 4/26/03, 5/3/03, 6/24/03, 9/28/05, 10/03/05, 5/20/06, 6/23/06, EV 8/16/08, EV 6/18/09, 5/20/10, 9/15/11, 10/11/13, 10/27/13, 10/1/14, 8/20/16, 8/22/16, TOTD 11/7/16, 8/18/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 9/11/22, 9/14/22, 9/10/23 coming soon
  • Options
    Some of the responses to the trade offer are just sad and vindictive. Perhaps the karma police will shine on these people as well. I got shut out. No big deal. Trade away. Hope you get your Rushmore.
    "When a person's soul is born in a country, nets are flung at it to hold it back from flight. You speak to me of nationality, language, religion. I shall try to fly past those nets." - James Joyce
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:

That's exactly right, it's just a damn poster. I didn't know that people would be jumping off bridges just because they didn't get one today. Sorry, but I have been trying to get that poster since I was 15 years old and now I finally have an opportunity without having to drop a couple hundred dollars. Nevermind, sorry I brought it up.
    6/24/98 Rapid City
    10/12/00 Bonner Springs
    4/1/03 Denver
    6/13/03 Coucil Bluffs
    10/5/04 St. Louis
    9/4/05 Calgary
    9/5/05 Edmonton
    6/26/06 St. Paul
    6/27/06 St. Paul
  • Options
    elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,243

I just dont agree with buying this when the ONLY reason was for trading it.

Ive traded posters, but its after they have sat in my portfolio for months and months and I realized I no longer wanted them........I guess its no different. Im just pissed, I really wanted this poster.

I take it back, I hope yours doesnt get damaged. I hope it arrives really late though. :)
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    chromiam wrote:
    I think you're estimates are way off....

well according to EB its worth more than the rushmore

Personally I think that EV poster is kinda creepy.
  • Options
    sweet adelinesweet adeline Posts: 2,211
    herman blume: she's my rushmore.
    max fischer: i know. she was mine too.
  • Options
    i am a targeti am a target Posts: 803
    how dare you break a completely arbitrary rule!!
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    Good luck with your trade. I don't see anything wrong with it.

The system doesn't allow for resale, but trading it totally kosher in my book.

I got one and am totally psyched. I'm planning on framing it along with my other two Eddie solo posters I got at the two shows I attended.

With that said, I would trade my Kenyon Hall poster for the only show that I attended that I do not have a poster for.

It was a Music for Relief show that Eddie played with Tenacious D, Dave Grohl, Beck and others.

I did not intend to purchase this Poster to trade, but would do that trade in a heartbeat.

It is all about personal choice.

I would say understanding the passion/feelings of the fan base it is not a good idea to go proposing a trade on the heels of the sale where many got shut out, but that is only to spare people who are down from getting angry at you.

Peace.
  • Options
    releesemereleeseme Posts: 387
    Wilds wrote:
    Good luck with your trade. I don't see anything wrong with it.

The system doesn't allow for resale, but trading it totally kosher in my book.

I got one and am totally psyched. I'm planning on framing it along with my other two Eddie solo posters I got at the two shows I attended.

With that said, I would trade my Kenyon Hall poster for the only show that I attended that I do not have a poster for.

It was a Music for Relief show that Eddie played with Tenacious D, Dave Grohl, Beck and others.

I did not intend to purchase this Poster to trade, but would do that trade in a heartbeat.

It is all about personal choice.

I would say understanding the passion/feelings of the fan base it is not a good idea to go proposing a trade on the heels of the sale where many got shut out, but that is only to spare people who are down from getting angry at you.

Peace.

My thoughts exactly. I wanted this poster, but I would gladly give it up for 96 Charlotte or 98 Knoxville. I was at both and they mean far more to me than this one. No way I could afford to buy either of them straight out.
    8-20-92 \ 6-16-08
    10-4-96 \ 5-6-10
    9-6-98 \ 5-7-10
    4-19-03 \ 9-22-12
    10-6-04 \ 7-19-13
    6-24-06 \ 12-6-13
    10-1-14 \ 4-16-16
    \ 4-26-16 \
  • Options
    Ample JarAmple Jar Posts: 236
    I just dont agree with buying this when the ONLY reason was for trading it.

Ive traded posters, but its after they have sat in my portfolio for months and months and I realized I no longer wanted them........I guess its no different. Im just pissed, I really wanted this poster.

I take it back, I hope yours doesnt get damaged. I hope it arrives really late though. :)
    Another scenario...what if he got shut out of the Dusseldorf sale and he wanted to trade his Kenyon for that? Is that wrong?

The 10C says these posters are not for "resale", which I totaly agree with, but I think they are okay with people using them to barter for other PJ stuff.
    I hope so because I traded the Dusseldorf for the ITW vinyl which I missed out on.
    9/22/96, 8/17/98, 8/18/00, 6/22/03, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 7/16/06, 7/18/06
  • Options
    HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    herman blume: she's my rushmore.
    max fischer: i know. she was mine too.
    Simply the best movie of all time.
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    releeseme wrote:
    My thoughts exactly. I wanted this poster, but I would gladly give it up for 96 Charlotte or 98 Knoxville. I was at both and they mean far more to me than this one. No way I could afford to buy either of them straight out.

Is Charlotte the mermaid one, or the giant spider??
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Get_Right wrote:
    well according to EB its worth more than the rushmore

that was before this sale (and bk's sale), now there are many more in trade circulation.

A month from now, I'm guessing the after market price on these won't be 50% of what you see on EB today.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    releesemereleeseme Posts: 387
    Is Charlotte the mermaid one, or the giant spider??

Charlotte is the Emek print with the peace sign and flying guitars.
    8-20-92 \ 6-16-08
    10-4-96 \ 5-6-10
    9-6-98 \ 5-7-10
    4-19-03 \ 9-22-12
    10-6-04 \ 7-19-13
    6-24-06 \ 12-6-13
    10-1-14 \ 4-16-16
    \ 4-26-16 \
  • Options
    I don't understand all the bad vibes in this thread.

I was trying to get one for the same reason. (although being such a sweet poster, i probably would've kept it) What's the harm in buying things for trade purposes?
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834

Grow the hell up.
  • Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    releeseme wrote:
    Charlotte is the Emek print with the peace sign and flying guitars.

riiiiiiiiiiight...I remember now....:)
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    jimed14 wrote:
    that was before this sale (and bk's sale), now there are many more in trade circulation.

A month from now, I'm guessing the after market price on these won't be 50% of what you see on EB today.

you are probably right, even so there is a pretty big difference
    and I have no problem with people buying them to trade
    with one caveat, people who went to the show should get first dibs (an impossibility I know)