Options

Got a Kenyon Hall Poster, Now I Want to Trade It

Comments

• Options
    McJuicyMcJuicy Posts: 747
    i got a kenyon hall and there is only one poster i would be willing to trade it for, buffalo 1996,
    good luck with your trade!
    buf dtw buf sce yyz tol grr yhm yyz pit yyz yyz pit bna cae aus lax lax san phl phl cle buf mke mke atl pit buf clt san lax lax gsp cae bna sea sea
  • Options
    releesemereleeseme Posts: 387
    riiiiiiiiiiight...I remember now....:)

It's a nice print. Worth some serious coin. I wish I had bought one. I bought a t-shirt instead. d'oh!
    8-20-92 \ 6-16-08
    10-4-96 \ 5-6-10
    9-6-98 \ 5-7-10
    4-19-03 \ 9-22-12
    10-6-04 \ 7-19-13
    6-24-06 \ 12-6-13
    10-1-14 \ 4-16-16
    \ 4-26-16 \
  • Options
    Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,563
    releeseme wrote:
    It's a nice print. Worth some serious coin. I wish I had bought one. I bought a t-shirt instead. d'oh!

at least you got something:-)
    I will swallow poison
  • Options
    I was lucky enough to get a Kenyon Hall Eddie poster today. If anyone has a Rapid City/Rushmore poster from the '98 tour, I would love to trade this beauty for that beauty. I have been after that poster for almost a decade now, it was my first show. Now I finally have a poster that has equal trade value (by most estimates) to the Rapid City poster. PM me if interested.

scum
    PJ: Hartford 6/27/08 Mansfield 6/30/08 Philly 3 Oct. 30 2009
    Philly 4 Oct. 31 2009 Hartford May 2010 Boston May 2010 MSG 1 May 2010
    EV: Albany 1 and 2 June 2009 Providence June 15 2011 Hartford June 18 2011
  • Options
    sokursokur Posts: 40
    McJuicy wrote:
    i got a kenyon hall and there is only one poster i would be willing to trade it for, buffalo 1996,
    good luck with your trade!

Buffalo 96 did not have a poster
  • Options
    releesemereleeseme Posts: 387
    Niko80 wrote:
    at least you got something:-)

Very true...
    8-20-92 \ 6-16-08
    10-4-96 \ 5-6-10
    9-6-98 \ 5-7-10
    4-19-03 \ 9-22-12
    10-6-04 \ 7-19-13
    6-24-06 \ 12-6-13
    10-1-14 \ 4-16-16
    \ 4-26-16 \
  • Options
    Local CrewLocal Crew Posts: 745
    Walk Tall, Kick Ass, Learn to Speak Arabic, Love Music, and Never Forget You Come From a Long Line of Truth Seekers, Lovers, and Warriors. HST

CHILLIN LIKE BOB DYLAN!!!
  • Options
    Thank you for the kind words Mel. I do have things I can trade.
    I only have one 98 poster and its not the one the originator of this thread wants. That said its hanging on my wall and I LOVE it...so as badly as I want this poster I will not give up my Philly 98 for it.
    I have other posters that I can trade...but they are all post 2000 so I dunno how much interest the poster traders here will have.

My problem isn't that sidewalkcigarette wants to trade his poster...its that he is searching for said trade an hour after we all got shut out...you might as well have come to all of our houses and poured salt in our wounds.
    You couldn't have waited a couple of days for the dust to settle??? Just seems a little insensitve to me...but thats just my opinion....I welcome any and all to flame me if it makes you feel better.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    ovechkin8ovechkin8 Posts: 491
    salt in our wounds? insensitive? its a fucking piece of paper.

i mean, i like the poster too, i didn't get one. life goes on.

if the worst thing that happened to you today was not getting this poster, get on your fucking knees and thank the good lord.

priorities, people
  • Options
    Super VedderSuper Vedder Posts: 1,531
    wilmack88 wrote:
    scum

you fool, its only a poster........
    Black, the greatest without a doubt........
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    you people who are getting riled up about this thread need to chill out. no rule against trading was stated by the ten club, so the OP is free to trade if and when he wants, even if it's 1 minute after he bought the poster.

bunch of crybabies...
  • Options
    EquallyWorthlessEquallyWorthless Posts: 3,993
    you people who are getting riled up about this thread need to chill out. no rule against trading was stated by the ten club, so the OP is free to trade if and when he wants, even if it's 1 minute after he bought the poster.

bunch of crybabies...

its true, its juts bitter people who wanted one and got shut out crying about something, anything, i swear PJ's main fanbase is a bunch of 40 something crybabies.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Cincinnati, Ohio Posts: 3,626
    ovechkin8 wrote:
    salt in our wounds? insensitive? its a fucking piece of paper.

i mean, i like the poster too, i didn't get one. life goes on.

if the worst thing that happened to you today was not getting this poster, get on your fucking knees and thank the good lord.

priorities, people

exactly.

these sales always seem to bring out the worst in people, it never fails.
    Nice shirt.
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    It's not like I'm flipping it on Ebay, so calm down. I'm just trying to trade one poster for another. I didn't think there was anything wrong with that?
    No... it's similar. You took a poster out of someone else's hands in order to try to get something else for yourself. It's along the same lines as if... you bought a concert ticket for a Pearl Jam show and was looking to swap it for a ticket to Celtics Playoff game.
    If you don't think there is anything wrong... well, it sound like you are convincing yourself that you did nothing wrong.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    ramblinponyramblinpony Posts: 115
    Get_Right wrote:
    well according to EB its worth more than the rushmore

Personally I think that EV poster is kinda creepy.

According to Ebay, a grilled cheese that looks like the Virgin Mary is worth $30,000.

Good luck on the trade though.
  • Options
    i am a targeti am a target Posts: 803
    he didn't do anything wrong. there's no written rule anywhere that says you can't trade a poster you buy. it only says you can't resell it.

people on this board are so fucking childish sometimes. you didn't get it. i'm sure there are other things in your life someone else got that you didn't. be a fucking adult and deal with it. this isn't some life or death situation. it's paper and ink.
  • Options
    Slip KidSlip Kid Posts: 1,175
    hahaha. Hope you get what you'd like

and emotions over a poster? get real. . .

I got shut out of a lot of pearl jam stuff, life goes on
    I just don't trust anything that bleeds for five days and doesn't die.
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    hobbes wrote:
    he didn't do anything wrong. there's no written rule anywhere that says you can't trade a poster you buy. it only says you can't resell it.

people on this board are so fucking childish sometimes. you didn't get it. i'm sure there are other things in your life someone else got that you didn't. be a fucking adult and deal with it. this isn't some life or death situation. it's paper and ink.
    I don't see it as being about rules... more like being about selfishness.
    It falls under the same basic premise as a ticket scalper... someone who is not a fan that gets something a fan wants. And just because no cash is involved doesn't make the transaction any less creepy... like a ticket scalper taking watches or rings for tickets instead of cash... still creepy.
    Personally, I didn't want one of those posters... mainly because I didn't go to that show (and I don't really like it as art).
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    Yellow BedwetterYellow Bedwetter NYC Posts: 2,832
    except with this poster (400 run and 100 s/n) it makes it more impossible to get one of these in the future. I've never wanted a poster more than my pink borgata than when i saw this and to miss out today like every other day...im really steamed
    can't wait for my $50.50 zippo lighter woohoo nottttt
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    According to Ebay, a grilled cheese that looks like the Virgin Mary is worth $30,000.

Good luck on the trade though.

not ebay

expresso beans!

and Im not looking to trade, I dont really like the Kenyon poster
    so I didnt try to get one.

While I have no objection with those that buy to trade, I only buy ones I plan on keeping.
  • Options
    hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,930
    Stop being whiny bitches. It's his poster, he can do whatever he wants with it. You are coming across as spoiled brats who didn't get what they wanted for Christmas.
  • Options
    EquallyWorthlessEquallyWorthless Posts: 3,993
    Stop being whiny bitches. It's his poster, he can do whatever he wants with it. You are coming across as spoiled brats who didn't get what they wanted for Christmas.

totally man !!!

and btw how the crap have you not been banned ??? i enjoy your posts but they arent for everyone
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    people are just getting upset cause they wanted it to flip.

i didn't get one either. and i was going to trade one if i did.
    My whole life looked like a picture of a sunny day.

Summerfest 95, 06 Alpine 92, 98, 00, 03 Chicago 95, 98, 00, 03, 06, 07 Grand Rapids 04, St. John's 05 Milwaukee 08
  • Options
    Yellow BedwetterYellow Bedwetter NYC Posts: 2,832
    NOT ME, i wanted it to hang in the same room as my borgata
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,543
    I was lucky enough to get a Kenyon Hall Eddie poster today. If anyone has a Rapid City/Rushmore poster from the '98 tour, I would love to trade this beauty for that beauty. I have been after that poster for almost a decade now, it was my first show. Now I finally have a poster that has equal trade value (by most estimates) to the Rapid City poster. PM me if interested.

God bless the Newb's :D
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    Am I the only one that thinks is kinda crappy?

And is that a ciggarette in Ed's mouth or a joint?
    "Don't lose your inner heat...ever" - EV 5/13/06
  • Options
    camaroscamaros Posts: 1,003
    jimed14 wrote:
    that was before this sale (and bk's sale), now there are many more in trade circulation.

A month from now, I'm guessing the after market price on these won't be 50% of what you see on EB today.

BUT, with this poster, it was limited and OBVIOUSLY many people wanted it for keeping, so a couple will go below current sale prices, but the majority will hold on to this one until the IRS or a Credit Beurow repossess it. So I think it'll go up over time.
    wilmack88 wrote:
    scum

HAHHAHAHHAAAA

As for trades... I'll trade this one and 80% of my entire expresso beans collection for a PRAGUE 1996.

And for the rest of you scumbuckets (I refer to the crybabies) get a damn job and a credit card and BUY all the posters you ever wanted. Where there's an E there's a BAY. The $ is going to shit so spend it now while it's worth more and while you can still find these posters.

(no, i'm not ninersfan)
    i like sound...
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,543
    As for trades... I'll trade this one and 80% of my entire expresso beans collection for a PRAGUE 1996.

you mean that $1550 starting bid and $1900 Buy-It-Now price for the one currently listed on eBay isn't appealing to you? :D
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    camaroscamaros Posts: 1,003
    100 Pacer wrote:
    you mean that $1550 starting bid and $1900 Buy-It-Now price for the one currently listed on eBay isn't appealing to you? :D

I almost bought that (with my credit card) the last time he put it up... but then he/she told me that it had been Rolled and Tubed for a potential buyer, but the sale never went thru.

I was all ready to go pick it up FLAT, and frame it, but I'm not gonna pay that kind of money for a portfolio poster that just got rolled up.

PLUS he was supposed to send me high res pictures of it and NEVER did, ALSO, he said it would go back under his bed in storage if it didn't sell last time on ebay, and here it is again. Baseball sucks, but I still know that 3 strikes is an out.
    i like sound...