Options

*****Philadelphia Eagles 08-09 Official Thread*****

1181920212224»

Comments

• Options
    oldermanolderman Posts: 1,765
    Great Game!!

I was pulling for a Keystone State SB but was more interested in seeing a great game and the Cardinals and Eagles delivered.

Congratulations to all Cardinals fans everywhere.. :)
    Down the street you can hear her scream youre a disgrace
    As she slams the door in his drunken face
    And now he stands outside
    And all the neighbours start to gossip and drool
    He cries oh, girl you must be mad,
    What happened to the sweet love you and me had?
    Against the door he leans and starts a scene,
    And his tears fall and burn the garden green
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    That was a great game. I'm not a fan of either team, but that was great!

3 weeks ago, the Cardinals who won their division by default more or less take down two great teams to get into the SuperBowl.

Awesome.
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    mca47 wrote:

3 weeks ago, the Cardinals who won their division by default more or less take down two great teams to get into the SuperBowl.

Awesome.
    ...actually they had to win three games...Atlanta, Carolina, Philly
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    tybird wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

Awesome.
    ...actually they had to win three games...Atlanta, Carolina, Philly

Oops! Forgot about Atlanta.

I predicted Atl winning, Carolina AND the Eagles winning. I'm 0-3 so far against the Cards.
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,178
    Awesome.[/quote]
    ...actually they had to win three games...Atlanta, Carolina, Philly[/quote]

Your right,Atlanta played them tough.If Brooking didn't fuck up on 3rd and a bunch...who knows maybe Matty Ice could have won it
  • Options
    RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    Joy! Dawkins gets run over, McNabb sucks when the eagles need it, Westbrook is nonexistent. Nice try losers.
  • Options
    KeiranKeiran Posts: 393
    I guess it does freeze in hell!
    I wish a guy like Eddie, would like me.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,211
    Congrats to the Cardinals - they shoved it up our butts. Our D got torched. The last drive our D was disagraceful. Let them take it down the field for 8 minutes for a TD.

Demps is a disgrace. Embarrassed himself and the franchise with the cheap shot on Warner. No need for it and just makes you look like an ahole.

Akers - awful. How the f do you miss an extra point? Only 4 were missed all season in the NFL. Akers gagged on it this game.

I'm sure Donovan will get the blame but it was mostly the Defense - they were awful.

Thank God the Phils won the Series or I would have thrown something through the tv. How many days until pitches and catchers?

Flyers in 5 to win the Cup!
  • Options
    pearljgirl2010pearljgirl2010 Shillington, PA/Tuckerton, NJ Posts: 3,428
    i am so bummed. I really though they were gonna do it...arghhhhh!
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • Options
    what part of you guys sucking did you not get? i mean you played a bunch of crappy and/or injured teams and qb's over the last 6 weeks, and you were surprised that you lost to a bad team?
  • Options
    pjhawks wrote:
    Demps is a disgrace. Embarrassed himself and the franchise with the cheap shot on Warner. No need for it and just makes you look like an ahole.
    what about the headfirst tackler? I'm not sure Dawkins ever uses his arms to bring anyone down anymore, maybe that's why he's retiring.
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    edited January 2009
    RW81233 wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:
    what about the headfirst tackler? I'm not sure Dawkins ever uses his arms to bring anyone down anymore, maybe that's why he's retiring.

I am sorry, but as a Cowboys fan, I have seen Brian Dawkins play many games. I don't know why the Eagles fan hold him in such high regard. That guy leads with his fucking helmet more than any other player in the league. He did it twice last week and prompted the announcers to point it out. He is a dirty player. I for one will be glad when he retires. I guess I can see why Eagles fans would like him but you see why everyone else in the league hates him.

Demps is a thug. What the hell was that??? You are losing so you think, "WTF, Ill just take the cheapest shot possible?" And you wonder why people hate the Eagles and call them dirty players. Well, exhibit one was on display right there.

OK, I have vented. Congrats to the Eagle for making it that far. You deserved it. You certainly kicked Cowboy and Giant ass to get there and showed a lot of heart doing it. In fact, as I was at my dad's house watching the game we were wishing our team had the kind of heat and desire to win on display today. No question there, but you have no one to blame but the defense and Andy Reid and a few players that maybe need to retire for that choke job today. Stupid decisions and dumb penalties cost you that game today.
    Post edited by Flagg on
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    One thing I forgot to mention, Dallas does not have team players like Philly and Arizona. I wish we did. Playing like a team gets you that far, not having the most talent.

P.S. I am drunk.

Andy Reid needs to go. So does McNabb.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    I agree the Eagles got far b/c they came together as a team, but disagree that you need "Team" players to get far always. Did you seen Anquan Boldin going nuts on the sideline? If TO did that he'd be considered a crappy teammate, or whatever. I guess my point is sometimes talent overrides team play, sometimes it doesn't. Today the more talented team won.
  • Options
    petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    I dont believe in moral victorys. That game shouldve been controlled by our defense and they got shoved around by an inferior team. McNabb missed targets, Targets dropped passes, Westbrook didnt show up...this was pathetic. I for one wont hang this on 5 though. He had a crappy start to the game but he did a job good enough to get us to the Super Bowl. The D looked out of gas. The WRs forgot how to play. Celek and Jackson and for the most part Curtis showed up but even he missed a few gimmies. Baskett should be shown the door, Lewis should be shown the door, Avant should be shown the door, Brown should be should the door...these guys CANT PLAY. I think its time to bring in another coach and see what he can do with Donovan and this offense. McNabb is starting to remind me more and more of Elway...couldnt win it with Reeves so they brought Shannahan in. There are PLENTY of coaches out there now to chose from. Reid isnt the end all be all...let him take a few years off to right his family and then try again..for now..here's my pecking order:

1. Cowher
    2. Dungy
    3. Shannahan
    4. Gruden
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    This game was pretty much are season in one game. We were fired up then knocked down hard but we got back up and showed some pride. But once again we fell short,hell this is a review of the past decade not just this year the more i think about it. As bad as Donovan played early and the last drive he did bring us back so he shouldn't(even though he wil) get killed like he usually does. To me Jim johnson and the D fell apart and that what makes this so hard to take. Why in the world Quinton Demps is alone anywhere with larry fitz trick play or not is crazy. There should have been a cb at all times no matter what the play call in his ass all day. The man is a beast and he once again showed the country that. Maybe the thing i'm in shock about the most is the way they were running the ball against us early. How in the world does edge run on us??? BRIAN WESTBROOK CALLING BRIAN WESTBROOK i'm not sure if he was just that hurt or what but man where were u today. I'm sure he must be hurt much worse or maybe he has hit that dreaded wall sooner then all eagles nation would have hoped for. I know that reggie brown has been a huge bust butif he can't play better then greg lewis(who i know was in there because he is a specialteamer too) then the man should be trying to get a job at the univ of georgia now. Between all the drops and bad passes hank baskett scores 6 if 5 hits him in stride and the D falling apart like no other THANK GOD FOR THE PHILLIES. Jon Runyan,Tra Thomas,Buck and especially B-DAWK if any of u are not here next year thank you very much for all you years,hard work and dedication u will be missed by ALL EAGLES FANS EVERYWERE.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    CardinalCardinal Posts: 479
    SHOCKED THE WORLD WE DID!!!!!

I have been a lowely Cardinals fan for many many years......it almost doesnt seem real.

Fly Red Birds Fly! I think we might just be the Superbowl champs this year.....our coaching staff knows a thing or ten about the Steelers....lol and we are the home team in Tampa...which i will be attending....

SHOCK.....And SHOCKED THE WORLD....one more to go!

Go Cards Go!

my two favorite things....THe AZ Cards and Pearl Jam!
    Eddie Vedder Solo Tour Toronto Aug 9, 2008
    Eddie Vedder Solo Tour Albany NY June 9, 2009
    Pearl Jam Toronto Aug 21, 2009
    Pearl Jam Chicago Aug 23, 2009
    Pearl Jam Chicago Aug 24, 2009
    Pearl Jam Buffalo May 10, 2010
    Pearl Jam New York MSG1 May 20, 2010
    Pearl Jam New York MSG2 May 21, 2010
    Go Cards Go!
  • Options
    Cardinal wrote:

I have been a lowely Cardinals fan for many many years......it almost doesnt seem real.

Fly Red Birds Fly! I think we might just be the Superbowl champs this year.....our coaching staff knows a thing or ten about the Steelers....lol and we are the home team in Tampa...which i will be attending....

Go Cards Go!

LOL...congrats...you have your first championship appearance of the modern era...thats a long drought..you and the other 11 Arizona Cardinal fans out there can be quite proud today
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • Options
    CardinalCardinal Posts: 479
    petrocs wrote:
    Cardinal wrote:

Go Cards Go!

LOL...congrats...you have your first championship appearance of the modern era...thats a long drought..you and the other 11 Arizona Cardinal fans out there can be quite proud today
    Thanks we are super proud...all 12 of us! :)

Yesterday before the game wife and kids and I were out wearing our Cards gear....and a 70 something year old man comes up to me and says....your the first Cardinals fan i have ever seen with this nice smile....and then told me...your going down buddy! lol
    Eddie Vedder Solo Tour Toronto Aug 9, 2008
    Eddie Vedder Solo Tour Albany NY June 9, 2009
    Pearl Jam Toronto Aug 21, 2009
    Pearl Jam Chicago Aug 23, 2009
    Pearl Jam Chicago Aug 24, 2009
    Pearl Jam Buffalo May 10, 2010
    Pearl Jam New York MSG1 May 20, 2010
    Pearl Jam New York MSG2 May 21, 2010
    Go Cards Go!
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    well that was rough. very depressed. familiar feeling, unfortunately though.

what happened in that first half? offensively, we did move the ball but again could not convert in the redzone. and why jim johnson continued to blitz the whole half even though warner clearly was excelling under the pressure is beyond me. asante samuel needs to play closer to the reciever, especially when we're blitzing. fitzgerald owned him and our offeense. akers looked like shit.

2nd half was really fun to watch. brent celek had a great game. donny mac came up huge. 3 tds. he was making big play after big play. he did miss a few wide open passes though, especially on teh last drive. but for the most part, he came up really big. you cant pin this one on him. when you score 19 unanswered points and take the lead with 10 minutes to go, you should win. the defense completely dropped the ball. how are you going to get run over like that at that point in the game??? so frustrating, especially considering how well they have played for most of the season. and on the last drive, how is that not pass interference on curtis? rod hood tackled the fucking guy. whatever.

what do you think happens now? i think both reid and mcnabb will be back. i've said before i wouldnt be opposed to a coaching change. petrocs mentioned before that mcnabb reminds him of elway. ive been saying this team reminds me of the pre-shanahan broncos for years now. i wouldnt be opposed to a fresh face coming in here. but reid will most likely be back.

i dont know what else to say really. im tired. im hungover. i feel like shit. but, whatever, the phillies are still world champions of baseball!.....
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    I see Reid and McNabb back, but I would hope that Reid is back as coach only and bring someone else in or promote Heckert to GM. I just think Andy has too much on his plate with both responsibilities. I could also see McNabb wanting a big new deal and pricing himself out of town, although I think the Eagles see that Kolb is not the answer now and might not be in the long term either.

Top priorities should be a stud WR (not many to be had), and help on the O line.. Tra and Runyan aren't getting any younger.
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • Options
    Please god let McNabb leave, and let's fire up the Kevin Kolb era...then maybe the NFC East can have a season or two of easy wins against this team. As much as I despise him, McNabb has haunted the NFC East for 10 years and while he often chokes and/or pukes in big moments against everyone else he has owned this division for too long.
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,778
    petrocs wrote:
    Cardinal wrote:

Go Cards Go!

see Petrocs, you started out nice, but you just had to stick it to him didn't you :D

congratulations cardinal, enjoy the sweet smell of victory
  • Options
    satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,410
    go phillies
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016
    New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - 2007
    Seattle- 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    RW81233 wrote:
    Please god let McNabb leave, and let's fire up the Kevin Kolb era...then maybe the NFC East can have a season or two of easy wins against this team. As much as I despise him, McNabb has haunted the NFC East for 10 years and while he often chokes and/or pukes in big moments against everyone else he has owned this division for too long.

who are you?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,871
    petrocs wrote:
    Cardinal wrote:

Go Cards Go!

see Petrocs, you started out nice, but you just had to stick it to him didn't you :D

While it lasts..... That smell begins to turn on Feb. 1 GO STEELERS!!!!!!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    petrocs wrote:
    Cardinal wrote:

Go Cards Go!

What...I was quite nice to congratulate the dozen fans of the Arizona Carindals...:)
    Shows: