What was the last movie you watched?

Comments

• 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,414
    Fermats Room 2007 - IMDb
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473

I enjoyed it, mostly because there's just something fascinating about Henry Rollins.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Hail Caesar Archives - Home of the Alternative Movie Poster -AMP-
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    Molly's Game
    Red Notice
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    23scidoo said:
    YES to this

Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
    edited January 2023

I liked it.

Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,259

“Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,034
    edited January 2023

Watched this with my son. He loved it, was funny listening to his comments about 30 minutes into the movie how much had happened already, including the huge dust storm set piece which would have served as most movies’ finale.
    Post edited by CarryTheZero on
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Top Gun and Avatar are among the nominees for best picture this year? I thought that was a joke at first. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

ikiT said:
    23scidoo said:
    YES to this

i think it was their worst movie..and i'm a big fan..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

The Outfit 2022 - IMDb
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

Top Gun and Avatar are among the nominees for best picture this year? I thought that was a joke at first. 

I haven't seen either yet... I have heard that at least Top Gun is super good though.
    PJ_Soul said:

I haven't seen either yet... I have heard that at least Top Gun is super good though.
    I don't know what movie these top gunners are seeing. it was hilariously awful. it was basically a carbon copy of the first movie, but without much plot development at all. it was bad. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,841
    PJ_Soul said:

And if possible you need to see it in 4D. Just don’t try and eat or take a drink in certain parts of the movie. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Wait...Top Gun is a best picture nominee? lol...what?

Definitely enjoyable, but....best picture worthy? Get the fuck out of here
    chinese-happy.jpg

Hollywood..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

Arrival. watched it again for the first time. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

such a joke. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

The vanishing 1988 hi-res stock photography and images - Alamy
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,015
    23scidoo said:

Hollywood..
    I believe there are 10 movies in this category as of last bunch of years where it was only 5 prior

I liked the movie, I get both sides of the argument

many years its a complete artsy fartsy film that wins that no one gives 2 shits about.....I think if a movie like top gun won, it would be a better thing for the academy moving forward...draw more people into watching

• I saw The Menu
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • PJ_Soul said:

It's the most "just a movie" you will ever see. 

Fun watching Tom Cruise fly planes and playing sports on the beach. But not like it is anything else than just a run of the mill movie.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    CROJAM95 said:
    23scidoo said:

Hollywood..
    I believe there are 10 movies in this category as of last bunch of years where it was only 5 prior

many years its a complete artsy fartsy film that wins that no one gives 2 shits about.....I think if a movie like top gun won, it would be a better thing for the academy moving forward...draw more people into watching

So the point of awards is to make people watch?
    I have to disagree.
    The awards should go to the best movies or performances....not what people want to see due to numbers.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    edited January 2023
    PJ_Soul said:

It's the most "just a movie" you will ever see. 

Fun watching Tom Cruise fly planes and playing sports on the beach. But not like it is anything else than just a run of the mill movie.

Well it couldn't be worse than Elvis, which was also nominated. I'm watching it right now. It's kind of entertaining I guess and it has its little moments here and there maybe, and the guy playing Elvis is half decent I suppose, but it sure shouldn't be a best picture candidate. It pretty much sucks. And Tom Hanks deserves that Razzie he got nominated for with it. Tom just has to face that he stinks at playing a way older man with an accent. He couldn't do it for that POS Pinocchio part either, good of an actor as he normally is.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,015
    CROJAM95 said:
    23scidoo said:

Hollywood..

I have to disagree.
    The awards should go to the best movies or performances....not what people want to see due to numbers.
    I agree too

but there is def a majority of people who think Hollywood gets it WRONG most of the time….and that certain movies win to push a LIBERAL agenda

Top Gun clearly biggest film “ non comic book” in long long time…. There would be more positive response if it won rather than a movie no one saw…. And maybe help the Academy with their huge credibility issue 

the 3 movies people enjoyed the most on this years top 10 nominated for best picture have no chance ( Elvis & Top Gun, avatar )

they think Hollywood is out of touch

not a great thing

I saw The Menu

Haven't  see  yet..and??
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• 23scidoo said:
    I saw The Menu

Haven't  see  yet..and??
    To me, it felt too much like it was comfortable just being a social commentary and never turned into a movie. I was never inside a film universe. Just looking at symbols to make a (some) point. 

But others seem to adore it. 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    CROJAM95 said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    23scidoo said:

Hollywood..

I have to disagree.
    I agree too

but there is def a majority of people who think Hollywood gets it WRONG most of the time….and that certain movies win to push a LIBERAL agenda

Top Gun clearly biggest film “ non comic book” in long long time…. There would be more positive response if it won rather than a movie no one saw…. And maybe help the Academy with their huge credibility issue 

the 3 movies people enjoyed the most on this years top 10 nominated for best picture have no chance ( Elvis & Top Gun, avatar )

they think Hollywood is out of touch

not a great thing

.a majority, as you describe, are fools.  :)

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694
    Banshees of Inisherin
  • I'm finally gonna rewatch this. I don't think I have seen it since I rented it on VHS in like 1996/1997.