What was the last movie you watched?

Comments

• Options
    RK50065RK50065 St. Louis, MO Posts: 885
    Good Boys
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,746
    Marwen.  This is an AMAZING film!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,035
    Once Upon A Time In Hollywood

I swear Sam Jackson has an uncredited cameo in this.  The scene where DiCaprio and Olyphant are in the saloon (Di Caprio forgets his lines), it twice cuts to a table of card players, I think Jackson's the middle one with an eye patch (nod to Nick Fury?).

Damned if Brandi didn't steal the movie again (second time watching this), lol.
    Just watched it too.  Didn't you think the Bruce Lee scene was believable?
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,919
    Extraction (2020)

Just came out on Netflix starring Chris Hemsworth. Pretty decent film. Fight scenes were pretty good and so was the camera work. Plot was ok, pretty predictable though.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,245
    Minority Report

I don't think I've seen it since it came out. Still stands up and is a great movie. I generally like Tom Cruise in these roles though.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,233

I swear Sam Jackson has an uncredited cameo in this.  The scene where DiCaprio and Olyphant are in the saloon (Di Caprio forgets his lines), it twice cuts to a table of card players, I think Jackson's the middle one with an eye patch (nod to Nick Fury?).

Was any of it supposed to be believable really?
    In the context of the movie I found it believable enough, except for maybe the size of the dent in the car.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,414

I thought it was believable, though I agree with Poncier about the dent in the car, lol. I can get past the face not quite being right (at least they didn’t tape a picture of Bruce Lee over the actor’s face, lol) because the guy nailed Lee’s voice.

I’m just confused now, was it an underground fight that messed up Lee’s back or was it Cliff Booth, lol?

I still find the ending a bit strange (not quite the right word), given how the real events happened. It doesn’t have the same satisfaction that Inglorious Basterds did with Hitler’s ending.
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,559
    I love that ending so much. It is so satisfying to me.
    I can't get enough of OUAT...IH. I might just watch it again today!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,170
    PJ_Soul said:
    watched Inglorious Basterds on Netflix last night, also a great ending

Once upon a Time in Hollywood is good, lotta people didn't like it
  • Options
    DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,414
    PJ_Soul said:
    I completely agree it’s a good ending and totally fits with the Once Upon A Time... premise.

I think the word I’d use to describe it is bittersweet because of the real world outcome. First time I watched it I could feel my eyes watering up I have to admit.

Another one of my favourite scenes is when Sharon Tate sits in on a showing of The Wrecking Crew, I love her reaction to the audience reactions.
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,245
    Django Unchained is on Netflix right now so I'm finally getting to see it. Only Tarantino movie I have left now is Once Upon a Time. Usually love all his stuff.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,635
    I know I shared before but I was underwhelmed by Once Upon A Time.  I do like most of his movies.  
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I know I shared before but I was underwhelmed by Once Upon A Time.  I do like most of his movies.  
    I loved some scenes (and the dog!) but was disappointed overall. I saw it well after release, so maybe the hype did it in for me. 

Have I mentioned before that I couldn’t stand how ditzy Tate was and that I was actually looking forward to her getting it?
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,635
    Agree that she was a ditz....but so hot.  ;)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    The Captain (2017) - I fell asleep with about 30 minutes left, but that's only because it was super late.  The movie was very good and intense up to that point.  Looking forward to finishing it.
  • Options
    elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,241
    PJ_Soul said:
    Totally agree. Loved it. The DiCaprio scene in the trailer cursing himself out is gold.
  • Options
    Buried and Welcome Home (The Getaway). Blah.
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,778
    A Star is Born and man, I know I read that Bradley Cooper consulted with Ed about being a rock star, but man, the first words out of his mouth and all I thought was he's trying to SOUND like Ed.  All the way up to the hats, even Ed's classic "Good evening"  It was a good movie, I love Bradley and I thought Gaga did a really good job.  She has got quite a voice.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,822
    JOKER
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Wonder 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:
    Wonder 
    Such a great movie!
  • Options
    CarisaJCarisaJ Posts: 65
    Extraction - did not like it but the the fight scenes were well choreographed and ... to be a bit superficial... Chris Hemsworth was easy on the eye.
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,292

“Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,919
    Goon

I don't get the hype on this one. Few chuckles here and there but other than that I thought it was just ok. :neutral:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,550
    Good Boys
    Blinded By the Light
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    Silver Streak
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    On the Basis of Sex
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,903
    Hustlers. Was better than I thought it would be. 
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,942
    Once upon a time in Hollywood...didn’t know much about it, wow! What an ending!! Pure gold! 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,746
    After watching this excellent, heavy, intense, well done movie about South Africa, In My Country night before last...

...last night we relaxed with this classic feel-good, fun movie, Cooling Running

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.