Options

What was the last movie you watched?

Comments

• Options
    mensanemensane Posts: 912
    mensane wrote:
    Beasts of the Southern Wild

omg sooooooooo good. give that little girl the best actress oscar. seriously.
    i watched this recently as well --- really amazing acting from such a tiny person. I will be rooting for her to rip the award from Anne Super Drama Hathaway

she's nominated for best actress....hathaway is nominated for supporting actress
  • Options
    mensanemensane Posts: 912
    i'm trying to see as many oscar nominated movies as possible...

my ranking so far for best picture:

Argo
    Les Miserables
    Beasts of the Southern Wild
    Lincoln
    Zero Dark Thirty
    Django Unchained

still need to see Silver Linings Playbook and Life of Pi.

i cannot bring myself to see Amour.... i can handle subtitles. i can handle slow/boring. i CANNOT sit through boring with subtitles.
  • Options
    SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    Saw "The Raven" with John Cusack and the semi-prequel to the Alien franchise "Prometheus" this past week. Was so psyched to see both, but neither one really delivered. They weren't bad, but not nearly as good as they could have been, or as I thought they would be.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options
    She's Having A Baby

I always cry during the hospital scene at the end - like a baby
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,287
    Oceans Thirteen :thumbup:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    photogirllizphotogirlliz Posts: 2,491
    Oceans Thirteen :thumbup:
    :thumbup:
    "I am myself...like you, somehow."
  • Options
    smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,559
    Garden State

Seeing Silver Lining's tonight
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    Killing Them Softly
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    'Big Man Japan' - It's like a cross between 'Kenny' and 'Power Rangers' :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTAoxSspBJE
  • Options
    afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    I still need to see Lincoln...
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Options
    We rented Premium Rush last night...don't make the same mistake. :|
  • Options
    peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    Raising Arizona
  • Options
    Raising Arizona
    :lol:
  • Options
    peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    Raising Arizona
    :lol:

The Coen brothers never cease to amaze me :lol:
  • Options
    Rudy
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    Moonrise Kingdom. WEIRD.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,404
    Australia

not too bad...but man, it was long :yawn:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    curlygirly9curlygirly9 Vancouver, WA Posts: 1,872
    Argo. It was good
    Rose Garden Arena - Nov 02, 2000, Key Arena - Oct 22, 2001, Key Arena - Dec 08, 2002, Key Arena - Dec 09, 2002, Clark County Amphitheater - Sep 26, 2009
  • Options
    LiLiNY81LiLiNY81 Posts: 775
    West of Memphis

Fucking amazing.
    "Now YOU listen. When we are on this ship, you are to refer to me as 'Idiot' not 'You Captain'!"
    saldoubledutchgif_zps889c30d5.gif
  • Options
    LiLiNY81 wrote:
    West of Memphis

Fucking amazing.

brilliantly lays out the next step in the case, which is the exoneration of the WM3, and the defense crafting a solid case against Hobbs. At the same time, its awfully slow moving. Jackson and Berg gave the prosector the evidence and much more not included in the film, way back in January 2012. So nearly a year and a month ago. Absolutely nothings been done by the prosecutor since
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    12 mamasans
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Argo. It was good
    Ah! I want to see this!
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    12 mamasans

:lol:I_see_what_you_did_there_super.jpg
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    LiLiNY81 wrote:
    West of Memphis

Fucking amazing.

brilliantly lays out the next step in the case, which is the exoneration of the WM3, and the defense crafting a solid case against Hobbs. At the same time, its awfully slow moving. Jackson and Berg gave the prosector the evidence and much more not included in the film, way back in January 2012. So nearly a year and a month ago. Absolutely nothings been done by the prosecutor since
    Of course Scott Ellington hasn't done anything. Feel free to email and call him:

870-932-1513
    <!-- e --><a href="mailto:ellington@yourprosecutor.org">ellington@yourprosecutor.org</a><!-- e -->
    "Now YOU listen. When we are on this ship, you are to refer to me as 'Idiot' not 'You Captain'!"
  • Options
    LiLiNY81 wrote:
    LiLiNY81 wrote:
    West of Memphis

Fucking amazing.

Of course Scott Ellington hasn't done anything. Feel free to email and call him:

870-932-1513
    <!-- e --><a href="mailto:ellington@yourprosecutor.org">ellington@yourprosecutor.org</a><!-- e -->

nice, thanks.

Its astounding Hobbs could be a free man all these years, this year in may marks 20 years since the murders. If only the police and investigators had looked at Hobbs!

He did it, and we have a good theory about how he did it, the manhole theory. Which was flashed on screen briefly in the film.

Im hopeful the defense is hard at work right now building and assembling the case against Hobbs. Anyone who digs into his story, id recommend the Youtube interview of Hobbs from 2007, and the multipart, multi hour deposition video from 2009/2010. All you have to do is hear the guy speak and you know things just dont add up.

The guy who solved the case, (the guy who came up with the manhole theory on the Wm3 board), seems to think we should be trying to piece together through photos of Hobbs in 93, what shoes he was wearing, find what prints and what their soles look like, and match those up with prints in the woods where the boys were found. He also suggests trying to identify the print on the ditch bank by the bodies, which he feels could either be Hobbs or Michael Moores.
  • Options
    curlygirly9curlygirly9 Vancouver, WA Posts: 1,872
    Argo. It was good
    Ah! I want to see this!
    See it! It's an amazing story, really. Truth is stranger than fiction :lol:
    Rose Garden Arena - Nov 02, 2000, Key Arena - Oct 22, 2001, Key Arena - Dec 08, 2002, Key Arena - Dec 09, 2002, Clark County Amphitheater - Sep 26, 2009
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,974
    Silent Hill 2. It wasn't all that great.
    I like the first one much MUCH better.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,404
    just rented Looper. looking forward to watching it tonight!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    nice, thanks.

Its astounding Hobbs could be a free man all these years, this year in may marks 20 years since the murders. If only the police and investigators had looked at Hobbs!

He did it, and we have a good theory about how he did it, the manhole theory. Which was flashed on screen briefly in the film.

Im hopeful the defense is hard at work right now building and assembling the case against Hobbs. Anyone who digs into his story, id recommend the Youtube interview of Hobbs from 2007, and the multipart, multi hour deposition video from 2009/2010. All you have to do is hear the guy speak and you know things just dont add up.

The guy who solved the case, (the guy who came up with the manhole theory on the Wm3 board), seems to think we should be trying to piece together through photos of Hobbs in 93, what shoes he was wearing, find what prints and what their soles look like, and match those up with prints in the woods where the boys were found. He also suggests trying to identify the print on the ditch bank by the bodies, which he feels could either be Hobbs or Michael Moores.
    They didn't touch on Terry Hobbs as much in Paradise Lost 3 as they did in West of Memphis. When watching the latter, I sat there with my mouth literally dropped open. How he hasn't been arrested yet just boggles my mind. And how, in 1993, he wasn't questioned thoroughly along with the other parents. Parents/step parents of murdered children are the first people to be suspected.

It's a shame that the neighbors who saw him with the three boys that night didn't come forward during the original investigation. Although, I highly doubt they would have been taken seriously, seeing as Gary Gitchell and Jerry Driver had a hard-on for Damien from day one. I found myself getting just as angry now as I did in 1998, when I first heard of the case.

I also highly recommend reading Damien's book "Life After Death". It's an incredible insight into his life before, during and after the trials straight from him. No bullshit, third party story-telling.

I sent Scott Ellington an email. I wasn't insulting or demeaning in any way. I was respectful and professional in my letter. Can't berate someone and expect them to respect your opinion and consider your request.
  • Options
    Back to the movie topic....here's one that I will suggest NEVER seeing: This Is 40. What a terrible movie. Too long and not nearly as funny as I hoped for with Judd Apatow.